You are not connected. Please login or register

Skin of the Serpent Demigod Weapon Spells.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hypernatremia
Tier: A
Type: Supplementary
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks:
Scaling: Side Effects of Hypernatremia - Can only be scaled once - Leads to Coma or Death
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 4
Cost: 20 Magoi
Description:
    Whenever snakes are summoned and utilized from the Skin of the Serpent Demigod, instead of injecting poison, they inject salt. The salt leads to increased sodium, causing hypernatremia. The symptoms of Hypernatremia are muscle spasms and twitching, alongside confusion, with more severe cases leading to coma or death.

Blood, Sweat and Tears
Requirements/Drawbacks: Bleeding, Sweating or Crying
Scaling: One additional Spell per source of blood, sweat or tears.
Description:
    A supplementary spell that allows a source of Hyperion's sodium, whether it comes from his blood, sweat or tears, to be used as a medium for a single ability related to salt. Each source of blood, sweat or tears must be bolded before use, up to one source can be created per post.

The World Snake Jormungandr
Type: Offensive
Range: Extreme
Requirements/Drawbacks: Four Spell Sources from Blood, Sweat and Tears spell.
Scaling: Damage
Description:
    From his source of Blood, Sweat and Tears spell, all the salt gathers from these locations and from his body to great a massive (size) snake made of salt used to clear everything in it's way. The snake attacks  by moving portions of it's body in a wave and striking with its scales. Each strike deal 8 D-tier damage from the many scales of the The World Snake Jormungandr. The World Snake Jormungandr is 100 meters long, and 2 meters wide. It lays along the battlefield for up to four posts and is controlled as one of Hyperion's limbs.

Salt The Earth
Type: Offensive/Supplementary
Requirements/Drawbacks: The World Snake Jormungandr spell is clashed
Scaling: AoE
Description:
    When The World Snake Jormungandr is destroyed by another spell, salt is distributed across the field in a 50M radius from the center of The World Snake Jormungandr, destroying all plant life on the ground. All other living organisms take C-tier damage per post for four posts if they are within 5M of the salt from dehydration.

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Requirements/Drawbacks: Since the magic weapon is the basis for these spells, some sort of action with it should be included in the requirements. Be that striking out and landing with the heads from its function like I suggest for Hypernatremia, or something like two of the snake heads moving to the eyes and neck to extract blood and tears for Blood Sweat and Tears.

Hypernatremia:
-There must be requirements/drawbacks. Based on the nature of the ability, this should be something like having one of the snake heads successfully bite a target.
-This is less of an ability and more like a trait as it is written. It shouldn't be happening whenever a snake bites and should instead be an action you choose to take because a snake landed a bite.
-The scaling isn't something I intend to deny. I just want to make sure you're aware that as written it implies the ability is non-lethal unless scaled. As an A-tier its already lethal so its somewhat a waste of a scaling. If it was intended as balance, I'd rather see the lethality be dependent on where someone got bitten like the torso or neck being lethal/coma due to flooding the heart or brain in particular. But this is fine too.

Blood Sweat and Tears:
-This is just a trait wearing a skinsuit. Jokes aside though, it reads like a passive. As an ability it should be doing something, especially since you're paying magoi for it. So maybe reword this to make it clear the magic tool is forcibly pulling these things from you to produce a stack. That would suggest the need for a drawback though as your body only has so much to give and it kinda needs the stuff.

-Just get the requirement fixed like mentioned at the top. For this one maybe have all the snakes converge on the limb that is going to be used.

Salt The Earth:
-This is something you will need to trigger before the spell is clashed or if clashed with by something weaker than the spell itself. Cause after its clashed with an equal ability the spell is destroyed and you lose control over it.
-Because the world snake is so long and can be moved around, rather than a big circle everywhere from its center, I'd rather this have a range from the snake's body. Something like 20m because its still along a 100m length which is already pretty extreme for non djinn A-tiers.

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Adding the magic weapon in question for reference.

Hypernatremia:
1. There must be requirements/drawbacks. Based on the nature of the ability, this should be something like having one of the snake heads successfully bite a target.
2. This is less of an ability and more like a trait as it is written. It shouldn't be happening whenever a snake bites and should instead be an action you choose to take because a snake landed a bite.
3. The scaling isn't something I intend to deny. I just want to make sure you're aware that as written it implies the ability is non-lethal unless scaled. As an A-tier its already lethal so its somewhat a waste of a scaling. If it was intended as balance, I'd rather see the lethality be dependent on where someone got bitten like the torso or neck being lethal/coma due to flooding the heart or brain in particular. But this is fine too.

1. Added "Can only be used in conjunction with spells or abilities tied to Skin of the Serpent Demigod" to Hypernatremia's Requirements/Drawbacks.
2. I'm intending to use this as a buff for abilities related to this magic weapon. It'd be akin to buffing your strength to A-tier how I picture it. Is this an issue?
3. Fair, but I like it as is.

Blood Sweat and Tears:
1. This is just a trait wearing a skinsuit. Jokes aside though, it reads like a passive. As an ability it should be doing something, especially since you're paying magoi for it. So maybe reword this to make it clear the magic tool is forcibly pulling these things from you to produce a stack. That would suggest the need for a drawback though as your body only has so much to give and it kinda needs the stuff.

1. Gonna reword this a bit. Intention is putting magoi into my salt sources in preparation for other attacks. Also, it's magic. We don't do that for other spells, right? Like you don't need fire to cast a fireball or a bucket of water to summon a tsunami.

1. Just get the requirement fixed like mentioned at the top. For this one maybe have all the snakes converge on the limb that is going to be used.

1. My intention is that this spell [Blood, Sweat and Tears] requires another A-tier magic spell to be used. Is that enough of a requirement?

Salt The Earth:
1. This is something you will need to trigger before the spell is clashed or if clashed with by something weaker than the spell itself. Cause after its clashed with an equal ability the spell is destroyed and you lose control over it.
2. Because the world snake is so long and can be moved around, rather than a big circle everywhere from its center, I'd rather this have a range from the snake's body. Something like 20m because its still along a 100m length which is already pretty extreme for non djinn A-tiers.

1. Good point, I'm adding this to the requirements.
2. I'll reduce it to 30m radius and wording it so it makes sense to explode from the center but also it's the culmination of 4 A-tier spells, one being pure set-up with an inflated magoi cost and an RP component and another spell having to be activated before a clash, which may or may not activate. Taking all that into consideration, is it still too big?

Skin of the Serpent Demigod Weapon Spells. Snake-Tattoo-1
Name: Skin of the Serpent Demigod
Tier: A-tier
Type: Magic Skin Implant
Magic Type: Earth
Appearance: Taking the form of a semi-flexible metal that absorbs into flesh after removing two layers of parchment. The snake's eye holds a magic symbol with the whole implant being 36cm centimeters in length being able to be placed on any part of the body. The strange material is a near-black indigo-violet.
Function:
  • The Serpents Den- For 10 magoi | 5 magoi to sustain the user activates the earth magic in their tool to draw forth salt from the body to the surface of the skin along with salt in nearby minerals giving the user skin and flesh of hard salt rock. Upon their body rests 8 snakes of the stone each of which can stretch up to 8m and have D-tier item durability. The snakes act as a bodily weapon dealing A-tier damage and can be used with body manipulator abilities/register standard body manipulator abilities.

Hypernatremia
Requirements/Drawbacks: Can only be used in conjunction with spells or abilities tied to Skin of the Serpent Demigod. When The Serpent's Den is active, the snakes coil tightly around Hyperion.
Scaling: Side Effects of Hypernatremia - Can only be scaled once - Leads to Coma or Death
Description:
    Whenever snakes are summoned and utilized from the Skin of the Serpent Demigod, instead of injecting poison, they inject salt. The salt leads to increased sodium, causing hypernatremia. The symptoms of Hypernatremia are muscle spasms and twitching, alongside confusion, with more severe cases leading to coma or death.

Blood, Sweat and Tears
Requirements/Drawbacks: When The Serpent's Den is active, one snake per source or per scaling will seek out and slither to the source of bodily sodium and hibernate on it.
Scaling: One additional Spell per source of blood, sweat or tears.
Description:
    A supplementary spell that uses the sources of Hyperion's sodium, whether it comes from his blood, sweat or tears, to be used as a medium for a single ability related to The Skin of the Serpent Demigod. A snake
    from Den of the Serpent slithers off of Hyperion, and lays dormant on one of his salt sources, no longer able to be used until the next ability. Each source of blood, sweat or tears must be bolded before use, up to one source can be created per post.

Type: Offensive
Requirements/Drawbacks: 4 Spell Sources from Blood, Sweat and Tears spell. The snakes start to grow larger and burrow underground to unite into the World Snake Jormungandr
Scaling: Damage
Description:
    From his source of Blood, Sweat and Tears spell, all the salt gathers from these locations and from his body to great a massive (size) snake made of salt used to clear everything in it's way. The snake attacks  by moving portions of it's body in a wave and striking with its scales. Each strike deal 8 D-tier damage from the many scales of the The World Snake Jormungandr. The World Snake Jormungandr is 100 meters long, and 2 meters wide. It is unable to travel It lays along the battlefield for up to four posts and is controlled as one of Hyperion's limbs.

Salt The Earth
Type: Offensive/Supplementary
Requirements/Drawbacks: The World Snake Jormungandr spell is clashed. Must be used before the spell is clashed against
Scaling: AoE
Description:
    When The World Snake Jormungandr is destroyed by another spell, the world snake folds in on itself, and salt explodes across the field in a 30M radius from the center of The World Snake Jormungandr, destroying all plant life on the ground. All other living organisms take C-tier damage per post for four posts if they are within 5M of the salt from dehydration.

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Hypernatremia:
-The descriptions is still written like its a passive trait. "Whenever snakes are summoned and utilized from the Skin of the Serpent Demigod, instead of injecting poison, they inject salt." This implies that it is something always active and will always trigger, but that should not be the case for an ability. Try something like:
"An ability used in conjunction with Serpents Den, when the snake heads strike the user can focus more magoi into one of the snake heads causing its bites to inject salt into the victims of its bites."

Feel free to use the above or write your own variation, but the key is that my suggestion makes the ability a distinct action taken rather than something passive added to the magic tool's function.

Blood, Sweat and Tears:
1. "Magic" is versatile, but it can't do everything. This is more a case of wording though. You specifically stated that the spell was taking these things from your own body. The magic type controls minerals, it can't produce new blood and water to replenish what it takes from you. That would be water and life magics. So either take a logic based drawback to drawing on your own bodies resources or change the nature of the spell to get the salt from the soil or from your enemy's blood sweat and tears.

2. Looks good otherwise though.

The World Snake Jormungandr:
-No, having had to use another A-tier ability is not enough. It is a conditional requirement, but other than serving as a source for salt, Blood Sweat and Tears has nothing to do with making a big snake rock. But the part about making the snakes grow and then burrow underground to unify satisfied the more specific requirement needs for the ability.

Salt The Earth:
-The size is fine now, but I'm noticing something I missed last time. Why does being within 5m of the salt cause dehydration? Shouldn't that require being hit by the salt?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum