You are not connected. Please login or register

The Risen and The Fallen [Zion Vs Julius]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

The wasteland before Julius was vast. The red sands of a long-ago war ground stretched out as far as the eyes could see. Even with the Magical eyes of the now Djinn-infused Magician, Julius could not see their end.  Bones and weapons would surface here and again with changing winds, countless more buried from storms of sand and pact down deep from the passing rains.  One thing about this land was clear, and that was this place would forever be a battlefield.

For Julius, he hoped that the times of war would soon be behind him. He had a goal in his mind that he wished to see through and that mean returning back to Reim now that he was done assisting Lagi.  It was time to lay the finishing blows to Reim's government sector to start the downfall of the great Empire that stood there. Perhaps he would ask Lagi for his assistance in this matter.  One thing he knew to be fact was his Plague in Kina had done some work, and it had proved a good testing ground for his plans. He would hit Reim with a Plague of the same type soon enough to cause greater harm and disarray in the nation.

Julis was a bit happy that he was the monster that he had become because the heat in this dry and sandy wasteland would be a bothering situation if he was not. Still, he was a bit done with sand. After his time in Tartarus and traveling to and from Reim through the passage, he was over the feeling of sand in between his bones.  While he could not let us say feel them truly he could feel the grinding as he walked or moved. Somehow even though he wore his armor and his mask the sand still found a way to enter.  

There was not much he could do about such things besides wrapping himself in a fit of bandages or traveling in some kind of tightly sealed box but, that was no way to travel. Though he wondered if that could be a possible way to ship himself around for a cheap fee since he did not need to eat or relieve himself.  It would be something to look into when he became wanted. After all, who was to say his pile of bones was not someone else's pile of bones?
He had traveled about halfway at this point, his footsteps leaving behind a footprint that was the suit of Kina's armor he wore. His mind went back to that time before he was a monster as ugly on the outside as he was on the inside. The only thing keeping him going and unashamed of what he had become was his former wife. He missed her so much, and yet he had still not gotten the revenge of those who caused her to die.

gear:

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

The site where Jedidaih had raised still had a crater where the dungeon once stood. It remained there like a scar on the Battlefield of a Thousand Swords staining the honor of fallen warriors with its mocking memory. Zion had come here hoping his big brother would show himself. Sollas had promised to watch from nearby, but the youth had used clairvoyance magic to confirm many times in the past few weeks. Sollas was gone. Zion pushed back the thoughts that told him he had been abandoned. Instead he focused on the idea that Sollas must have had a good reason to leave. After all, the child bore a fate far heavier than his own. Zion still could hardly fathom what sort of power Sollas' 'Father' must hold and knew that he had meddled in a game of monsters beyond his current means. He didn't regret his decisions though.

After staying there for a few days Zion's silver hair and tails were caked red with sand and his supplies of water and food were starting to run low. He was forced to accept that his brother would not be showing. He had wanted to tell Sollas that he was leaving Reim soon but instead all he could do was leave a message. There at the bottom of the crater, the fox carved out two letters into the earth. "K.E." To stand for Koval Estate. If his brother saw the message hopefully he would understand what it meant. With the message imparted it was time Zion departed. Kicking off the ground with storm winds the magician flew into the air and began heading towards the east to fulfil a promise with an acquaintance. It was as he was flying, however, Zion spotted a figure moving about down below and descended out of curiosity. His approach would be far from stealthy, the howling winds announcing his arrival from a distance as Zion set down 20m ahead of the other party.

"Greetings! What brings a traveler like you out to...these parts...?"

A friendly demeanor soon fell off into shock. Then to stern cautious as Zion felt he recognized the silhouette of this armored stranger. Months ago he had been investigating attacks on Reim's infrastructure and had used clairvoyance magic on the scene of the crime. The mastermind was too far away to be seen clearly, but the rukh around him was unmistakable. Then the name given to him by the golden masked man at the Unity Corps came to mind. Julius. Zion somewhat disbelieved he was truly face to face with the criminal after having done so much to avoid getting involved further with that investigation. But his debt towards Trajan made it impossible for Zion to ignore the possibility. Calling out again, in a much less friendly tone, Zion probed the stranger. "My name is Swordking, I challenge others in order to conquer the sword. You look to be a warrior, friend. What is your name? Do you care to cross blades?"

Magoi: 420/420
Stamina: 280/280

Gear:

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Eyes of the Skeltal Lord soon caught sight of a traveler in the distance. It seemed they wished to talk and converse or perhaps rob him. There were a number of reasons why a stranger would approach another in this wasteland, but Julius could not be sure of all of them.  The most likely one would be that this stranger was lost, and simply needed directions or would ask for some supplies. He could do the first, but if it was the second one well, that might lead to too many questions such as why he lacked supplies to make such a journey.  It would be best to handle this tactfully and make the discussion a quick one.  

Sure enough, the figure approached and was the first to speak. Their words seems to break off slightly though Julius could not read their face well due to the cloak that shadowed their face. It would be best to tell a partial truth here. "Greetings, I come from the war in Helio and Tartarus, I am a sellsword. It is a pleasure to meet you SwordKing. I am indeed a warrior, I am a swordsman from Kina. " Julius paused for a moment, gathering his thoughts on how to best move on from this situation.  Perhaps a spar would not be so bad, and he could likely use it to gather news from Reim.

Lowering the right hand to his sheathed Dieased God Fang Julius nodded his head. I will give you a spar, but first, you must pay it forward. As you would know if you are a SwordKing as you call yourself you know my sword is only used for an exchange of sorts.  My price is news from Reim, last I was there it was in a dangerous state.  As for my name, since I am guessing you have given me a title or Ailias, then I shall pay that in kind with my own. I am Avatar of Kawachi-no-Kami.

He was sure that that would be enough for them to know who he was if they had any idea who Julius truly was.  At the least, Julius was ready to draw his blade if need be.  No matter what the tide of the ruhk would bring, Julius knew that he was going to return to Reim to finish his work in Reim whatever the cost may be.

Battle Information:
gear:

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zion took note of the pause after introduction but there was no sign of impatience as he let the stranger consider his proposal. Seeing the man's gauntlet grip his weapon firmly caused the fox's face to light up. He removed the bronze shield from his back and fastened it to his left arm as his other hand drew the Gladiator's sword from his waist. The hammer on the other side of his waist and the rifle strapped to his back going unused for now. "I'd say that Reim remains as you left her then. If anything it has only gotten more dangerous." Said Zion in a jovial tone. As if the turmoil of the country had nothing to do with him, it was like he was commenting on the weather. The youth's silver hair overflowed from his hood and danced in the red wind as he then approached casually to close the distance between them as he spoke.

"Both the Reiman Council and the Senate have been under attack or subversion ever since I arrived in the country. Corruption in the government is so rampant it makes one question whether or not those attacks are well deserved."

The magician stopped just sort of 2m away but did not yet take on any sort of stance as he continued, "There are murders in the streets during broad daylight and many farms have been ravaged by some kind of insects. The city tried putting a tax on coliseum matches sparking a riot, a dungeon caused chaos, and to top it all off the very dead rose up and marched on Reim in the name of a long dead Parthevian King. It is a wonder the country hasn't fallen yet. I plan to leave here soon and I advise you to do the same if you don't have any important business in Reim, Mr. Avatar." Zion's eyes studied the Kinan warrior up close as he spoke. The distinct shape of that armor was striking and Zion lamented that the other parties eyes could not be seen through the mask. He hid his suspicions with a smile and watched for signs of reactions to the incidents tied to the investigation. The fox neglected to mention that he had personally been involved in most of these mentioned dangers. Instead speaking of them as if they were rumor and public knowledge.

The bronze shield was then raised and Zion leveled his gladiator's blade atop it pointing forward at Julius as his knees bent slightly and the magician settled into his own center of gravity. Peeking out from behind the large shield the youth smiled, "Does that satisfy your blade's price? Or shall I return with the latest news in fashion?" The question rhetorical as it was punctuated with an advancing step from Zion bringing him into range of Julius' sword. The fox's stance was low with his body orientated to face Julius with his left side, shield held at the center where it could cover Zion's torso. The shield was kept close, it's top almost touching Zion's chin. Meanwhile the sword in his right hand was resting along the top of the shield, arm already pulled back and ready to thrust.

notes:

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

It was a good thing he wore a mask, or perhaps not. Julius was still unsure if his bone face made any expressions when he wanted to smile or grin. But if it did then it would show it. He could not help himself knowing his face was hidden behind the Devil's Mask.   To hear someone speaking of his work, and see a glimpse of the justice there was so rewarding. He hungered more for it, but soon that feeling faded at the wiseass comment about the fee being paid. Seeing the man step forward Julius Drew his Katana and gripped it with both hands. Entering his typical Kina-taught stance, Julius pressed his left foot forward and pushed the blade out from his body, keeping his arms half way extended as he did so.
The price has been paid. Calm your eagerness Swordking, a swordsman much control the thrill of battle and calm the bloodlust that calls to him."  

This would not be the first time Julius had seen a style of swordplay like this, though when he had it was in the Coliseum of Reim.  Perhaps this is where the young warrior had picked up the skills with the sword and shield. If it was, Julius wondered if this fight would go as fast as those matches had when he had fought there.  Truly he did not wish to waste precious time with this foolish swordplay. Though he would admit to himself at least he was wondering how his sword skills translated to combat with other sword users of a different style. His sword was not built that the crude Gladiator's blade like the warrior in front of him had.  The sword Julius used was magical, giving off the sickly green tint to the blade, but it was not meant for reckless clashing.  He would have to make use of his armor and try to use that shield against his foe rather than allow it to benefit them.  In order to do so Julius would need to make the shield a barrier to his benefit as much as it was to his opponent's.

With that in mind, Julius moved his right foot outward taking a side step backward in a diagonal motion moving his body to keep his blade and chest centered with The Sword King.  He would move again in the same motion starting to circle around Zion. For now, he was only testing the patience of the man and kept his attention focused on the blade. Though that was a positive trait of his mask, his eyes were hidden so his foe could not see what he was looking at.  He doubted an opening would show itself so early in a spar but neither did Julius wish to open himself up either. Of course, with his white tailored gloves on his hands, he could easily counter some swordplay.

Battle Information:
gear:

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Both blades now drawn though not a single attack was made the battle had already begun. As Julius began to circle, Zion pivoted and advanced a step. Always keeping the shield up as he turned with his opponent Zion would advance again with his forward foot by a half step, his back leg inching forward soon after. In this way he would continue to follow his foe creeping ever closer. Unless stopped, this process would inevitably lead to Zion finally entering his own weapon's range though only just so. The back leg finally came forward in a big step. The shield opened up slightly and Zion's torso emerged from behind it as the shield arm appeared to draw back and the sword moved forward as if to thrust. But the thrust suddenly paused. It was merely a feint.

A beat after when his thrust should have been made were it not a feint, his drawn back shield arm swung forward as an overhead jab. The fox crouched even lower and ducked his head under the shield as he delivered the blow, sword still held at the center pointed at Julius. This would bring the target of his shield bash down to Julius' torso rather than his neck as Zion had been trained to do. As such there was no killing intent coming from the shield. But hiding under its shade was still the gladiator's blade and it radiated the will to fight as Zion kept a firm grip over it.

Notes:

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Julius seemed to be unable to draw the man out from his shielded position with just his steps, nor was he able to find a great option for an attack. Doing the only thing he knew, he waited until one became open to him. As the sword thrust came his way Julius sidestepped to the same side that held the blade, but the strike was a feint and the blade retracted from its strike as Julius was bringing his blade down as he saw the shield strike coming. He could cast a spell to block to attack or even use his step to move out of the way but with his armor, he figured he would eat it and use it. As the shield hit his armor a thunk and an echo of a nearly hollowed suit of armor rang out.

Turning his right heel Julius stepped forward into the now open guard of Zion and swung outwards to the right quickly, being careful as this was opening him up to a counterstrike. To prepare for it, as Julius' swing was halfway done he would step back to increase the distance between the two of them.
Since his reach was longer there should be no issue in the strike to the chest to be a hit and Julius safely moving out of the gladious range.

aar:

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

The impact of shield against breastplate was true but sound was odd and the blow merely glancing. From beneath the shield he could see the reason why as his opponent stepped around the shield to make a response against the fox's torso. His front facing left foot swung around as his backfoot pivoted. Like a dance he followed Julius making a neat tight turn still in the crouching position. His left arm remained held overhead bearing the weight of his shield and the momentum of his turn was gathered in his back right leg which compressed slightly during the turn. In his right hid the gladiators blade would be revealed as the shield pulled back inwards to block the incoming strike. It was held low with a sharp angel pointing upwards draing a line towards Julius' jaw.

A Centered Step would then use all that force gathered into his back leg to kick off the ground and swiftly travel one meter. As he moved forward and past Julius he rose from his crouching stance and cut an upwards overhand arc to the underside of Julius' forearm. Though the armored warrior retreated he would not be able to escape this mighty lunge with a simple step. Ending his movement would leave his exposed back to the opponent however so he was already pivoting to turn around bringing his sword point forward. His shied was no longer raised high and now held close to his torso. Standing ready to face any retaliation with a firm fortitude, Swordking held a confident smile as his eyes searched for Julius' own behind the mask.

Stamina: 270/280

Notes:
Abilities:
Equipment Durability:

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Julius watched as the blade made contact with the shield, this was starting to get annoying. While he did enjoy the playing of swords and this little game had only just started, he did not think now was the best time for him to be playing around in a desert with someone he did not know.   He had to admit though, this warrior's fighting style was different from his own and he was as nimble and quick as a fox as if to prove Julius' point the warrior known as Swordking pushed off the ground from a crouched position. Before Julius even had time to process a tactic to use with only his warrior kills, instinct took over as he could sense the potential for his life to be ended at this moment. Well, perhaps not his life, but he had no test that could end his life yet. This spar was not a place he wanted to start. While it was a spar and Julius could not feel bloodlust in the man's aura he also knew he was a wanted man for crimes against humanity.

Magic flowed through Julius then through his left glove and not a second before impact did a violent transparent shield appear between the blade of the SwordKing and Julius' armor preventing the two metals from meeting each other. The shield had blocked the incoming attack and was made up of A-tier Strength Magic. It covered a 3-meter diameter from the center of his left hand being wide enough and tall enough to completely block Julius' figure from attacking from the front.  Julius recollected his mental self as he planted his rear firmly now that his movement backward had ended.

With his focus regathered, Julius did not attack but used the time to leap backward again.  He removed himself from a position of combat standing straight up. He had to admit he felt as if he had just cheated.  with his arms lowered the purple glow of the shield remained illuminating parts of his armor that were not covered in sand from his travels and the movement during their fight.

"Forgive me, but it feels as if I have cheated. My instincts took over and I used a magical item in our sword fight. I will accept this as a defeat Swordking."

Julius lowered his head and leaned over slightly but kept his eyes on his target. He had dishonored himself and his opponent with that action, but it had been something he could not control. He had felt to the possibility of the Warrior's ability at that moment.

Spell Used:

Battle Information:
gear:

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Steel and magic crossed eliciting a show of sparks as Zion tumbled past his opponent. By the time he rose to his feet and aligned himself towards the armored avatar, a gap had already opened up between them once more. A solemn and stoic expression held on the magician's face gazing out from beneath the hood of his cloak but he was laughing at himself in his mind. While Julius offered his apologies, Zion mused at how he had intentionally used similar tactics when starting out on the path of the sword. It had garnered him dishonor and despise from the crowds of Reim's coliseum. Stains which had to be fought back with displays of determination and grit relying only on the blade in his hand to win matches.  Through those experiences he felt that he could somewhat understand the the guilt his opponent expressed. But it wouldn't do to simply end their bout here. The victory Julius offered, Zion could not accept.

"Nonsense, the path of the sword is not limited to sweat and muscle alone."

A playful smile danced across his lips as he spoke and casually returned the bronze shield to his back. "Blades take many forms. Among them, there is no shortage of magical varieties. But even the greatest magical sword is unable to show its true might without a worthy wielder. Wouldn't you agree?" The storm kitsune's free hand then reached out to grasp the air. A crackle of lightning was born from his palm and extended out to shape itself into a longsword equal in shape and length to Julius' katana. The blade was impossibly dense and solid despite its electrical nature and glowed a soft yellow light with the occasional waltz of arcs running along its face. As a magician, Julius might notice that no spell was uttered to the rukh to set this magic into motion, nor was a wand at play. The magic sprung to life from the static held within Zion's own body. "If this is to be called cheating, we need simply alter the rules of engagement." Said the Swordking casually as he shrugged off Julius' concerns.

A breeze blew past causing Zion's hood to fly back and his silver locks to spill out as his smile softened. The breeze passed. He then kicked off the earth and brandished both blades in his hands. One physical, the other magical. Zion's expression turned cold and stoic again once he took action. His steps charging straight for Julius with the edge of his lightning katana turned up towards the heavens, he turned his left side forward with the final step into striking range presenting a more narrow silhouette to his opponent. Along with that step, Zion thrust out with his left hand aiming to stab at the warrior's helmet just above the face seeking more so to take one of its horns than to actually strike flesh. Meanwhile, the Gladiator's blade in his right hand was kept close to his chest in his right hand, its tip pointed slightly lower than parallel to the ground.

Notes:

Trait:

Equipment Durability:

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

He had to admit the man's words held merit. though from his teacher he would only hear the words echoed in his mind. "You can use magic effectively to do anything you wish with a sword, but it is more honorable and impressive if you dedicate yourself to learning the ways of the sword. "  Julius nodded his head to the swordking as he watched a lighting blade come into creation. His eyes had not witnessed any casting or gathering of ruhk to the man so how was it that he was able to do such a thing?  

Despite being taken a bit back by the beautiful lighting blade, Julius had to gather himself for battle once more as the man made his way towards him.  He lifted shield and sword up now as he waited for the man to bring on his assault.   As the blade came upwards in a stabbing motion Julius lifted his shield taking 1 B tier worth of Damage, though as the strength shield seemed to hold back the attack lighting crackled the surface of it before the bright blade passed through it and slice off the horn over his head.

After being hit a second time Julius realized this guy might be a bit better with a blade, or perhaps he was using more of his natural kit then he himself was using.   No matter, Julius' shield faded away as the damage had been too much for it.  As the shield went out Julius attempted to reach upward d  grip the wrist of Zion that was holding the lightning blade. It was odd, seeing the blade this close it was defiantly made from some type of magical properties yet it was natural it reminded him of what he and Lagi and even 8 could do as Dungeon Beast. Did that mean?  

Julius' interest peeked, if this swordsman was a dungeon beast too, then perhaps he could use him in a plan or ever send him to join Lagi's forces.   After reaching for the wrist The Dark King moved his blade upwards while turning his wrist as he swung down to cut at the knee of sword king with his blade. As he swung the blade downward Julius stepped forward to make sure there was even less room between the two of them. He spoke during his actions as grunts mixed with his words.

"Yes, perhaps I have failed as a swordsmen from Kina's perspective and I am sure my Sword Master will have me doing more drills to reflect on my actions, but now I can see that the way of the warrior is more than the sword. "

Battle Information:
gear:

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

The melee intensified as neither combatant saw fit to retreat. Instead, the distance between them only shrunk as Julius grappled and struck out amidst his words. Zion's wrist rotated as he began to draw back from the thrust, bringing the tip of his lightning blade skyward. This was in preparation for another strike only for the effort to be halted as his wrist was caught in his opponent's grasp. Rather than try to pull away or pry himself free, Swordking committed to his original intent and pressed down with the lightning blade threatening to bring it down upon Julius' shoulder should he dare to release his grip or slack in holding Zion's wrist in place.

Not even a full breath had passed and his opponent's counter was swift. The gladiator's blade in his right hand had been ready for the cut to the knee and flashed forwards to meet the katana. Steel clashed and sparks flew as Zion blocked the low slash. The difference in quality of weapons now showed itself clearly as Julius' katana maintained its pristine edge and yet Zion's own sword now had a nick along the flat of the blade. But this would go unnoticed by the swordsman for now as he stepped forward with his right foot and swept his targeted left leg back a bit bringing his body to an angle that was now more parallel with his opponent's own torso. At the same time, he tilted his gladius down a bit more in an attempt to let the katana slide down it as he drew the blade upwards to cut at the elbow of the arm which was holding his wrist. Meanwhile he would continue to press down with his left hand so the lightning blade could slash downwards after his steel sword crossed its path.

"I admit that my perspective is...unconventional. A "true swordsman" might frown upon it. What I seek is not perfection of the sword, but to conquer it that I may never fall to the blade of another. Thus, I am Swordking. Such is the warrior's path I have chosen."

The reply came among the movements and carried with it similar strains of effort lacing the words. It spoke to the truth of Zion's philosophy as a warrior and hinted that he was not shy about using methods outside of swordsmanship if his actions so far were not enough to make that clear. But there was an undoubtable dedication to his martial craft as seen in the movements of his footwork and the way he wielded his weapons. Despite his words, he too strived to master his own art of the sword and had clearly spent many hours polishing his skills.

Notes:

Equipment Durability:

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

So far, his plan to keep the Swordking within his striking distance was working, but the sword king was now trying to make Julius pick. Either keep his hand locked onto Zion’s wrist or risk losing an arm.  As Zion allowed the Katan to run down his own blade, Julius rotated his wrist in as he planted his right foot and pushed his right arm out as he pulled upwards on the blade attempting to bring the blade from the now ankle level of Zion upwards to perform a slash forming from under the arm pit and coming out across the shoulder.  If Julius lost an arm all it would take would for him to grab it and apply a bit of magic, for this man he was not so sure.  However, this was not the extent to what Julius had in mind.

While performing his slash Julius did in fact cast his first real spell of the fight as he spoke two words and a flutter of black ruhk gathered to the battlefield. “Light Array” Julius slightly lifted the tip of his left index finer to point at the head of Zion as magoi gathering within his bones moments before a beam of white light raced out of his fingertip and blasted in a sphere that was 10 cm wide and 10 cm in height.  The beam would deal A tier damage to any part of Zion that may or may not be struck.

Had Julius lost the sword fight? Yes, as soon as he had used his magic tool. The Swordking’s words had inspired him, however.  After all, was he not using a weapon of magical creation? Julius could not confirm for sure at the lack of Ruhk flowing around this man, but he did know magic when he seen it.  Was the Dark King not only leveling the playing field? In his eyes yes. From the viewpoint of Zion using whatever tools you had in battle was fair game or as Zion put it.

Battle Information:
gear:

Abilities used:

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Amid the struggle it was difficult to grasp all of the opponent's movements but he knew the successful deflection of Julius' last strike would be an opportunity. He would turn his gladius' point upwards and trust it into the bosom of his opponent where it would target the gut area. Were his opponent not wearing armor he'd have held back, but Zion was confident he wouldn't harm his sparring partner thanks to the defensive equipment. Meanwhile he was content to keep an arm locked in exchange for locking down the arm of his opponent and continued pressing down with the lightning blade as an interesting trick came to mind. But before he could manage to enact the thought a sense of danger arose from the bit of his stomach.

Golden tails shrouded in magoi emerged from within the fox's clothing as the rukh sensed Julius' intentions to cut off his arm with the rising strike. One tail snaked around and intercepted the cut with a graceful movement. At the same time, an attack Zion could see coming gathered at his opponent's fingertip. Though the gathering of rukh was plain as day, it was still surprising for Zion to see and his reaction was sluggish only jerking his head aside at the last moment. The 10cm beam would sear a burning line across Zion's cheek as a thought flashed through his mind. "A magician!" The thought brought Zion back to his prior suspicious and motivations behind picking this fight.

Nothing was proven by the fact Julius was a magician. But the connections to that silhouette he'd seen with his clairvoyance were adding up. Not only did this man have the ability to use magic, but he was vicious enough to try cutting off Zion's arm during a simple contest of skill despite Zion's own efforts to avoid causing any lasting injuries. But one thing was bugging Zion, where was the man's wand? He hadn't noticed any use of a magical medium when the spell was cast. No, rather it was almost as if Julius' finger had become one, communing with the rukh to cast the spell as a wand might. A hint of fascination gleamed in Zion's eyes rather than any hint of fear. He made a gruesome smile which warped his seared flesh causing pain but the smile did not dim one bit.

The lightning blade in Zion's hand would fizzle out and his limb would suddenly become loose in Julius' grip as it turned to Silk just as Zion stepped on the winds and launched himself backwards to disengage with Julius. The silken arm that slipped itself free then returned to normal, though Zion's nine tails were still swaying gently behind him, now silver without the shroud of magoi from his borg to cover them. "I think we should call this here. It seems we've both revealed a trump card or two." Swordking called out as his tails flickered as if to highlight the point that they were one of his own secret aces up the sleever. The fox spoke from 10m away as he began to put his sword away and reached into his robes with his free hand. "I'd love to know how you shot that light beam! Do you have a hidden magic tool?" The youth channeled his genuine excitement towards new magical phenomenon to cover up his suspicious stance towards Julius. It would do him no good to start accusing the man of anything without solid evidence or proof.

Stamina: 250/280

Notes:

Trait:
Ability:

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Julius, his gaze fixed on Zion, felt a mixture of surprise and intrigue as his opponent effortlessly countered his strike and exhibited his own unique abilities. The interception of the cut and the manifestation of Zion's own magical prowess left Julius momentarily taken aback. The realization that Zion possessed magical abilities himself brought a new dimension to their encounter.

As Zion's limbs transformed into silk and he gracefully disengaged from Julius's grip, the magician released his hold, his black metal-covered hand returning to his side. He observed the swaying silver tails behind Zion, a testament to the young man's own hidden trump cards. Julius recognized that there was more to his opponent than met the eye.

Zion's genuine excitement and curiosity about Julius's own magic masked any suspicions he might have held. Julius understood the importance of treading carefully, for baseless accusations would only serve to sever any potential alliance between them. The magician's face, hidden beneath his mask, displayed an amiable smile as he responded to Zion.

"No hidden magic tool, I'm afraid," Julius replied, his tone friendly and open. "My magic comes from within, a connection to the flow of rukh. It allows me to channel their energy and manipulate it in various ways. But your own abilities are quite impressive. The silk transformation and those magnificent tails, they hold great power."

As Zion began putting away his sword and reached into his robes, Julius maintained a relaxed stance, his armored appearance unchanged. He was cautious, aware that Zion's actions could potentially be a response to the suspicion he harbored. Julius decided to reciprocate Zion's openness, showing a willingness to share.

"Perhaps, if you're interested, we can exchange knowledge," Julius suggested, his voice filled with genuine intrigue. "I have much to learn about the intricacies of different magical abilities, and I'm willing to share my own expertise. We both have unique talents that could complement each other in the pursuit of our goals."

Julius took a step closer, his eyes gleaming with a mix of curiosity and respect. "Let us set aside any doubts or suspicions, for now, my friend. Together, we can achieve great things and make a lasting impact on this world." Julius lifted his left hand to the remaining horn of his mask and slowly removed it, revealing his Black metal-covered Skeletal Face. It was probably the first time Zion had ever seen a Dark Metal Vessel, let alone a living one.

As he extended his hand in a gesture of camaraderie, Julius hoped that Zion would recognize the potential alliance they could forge. He understood the value of collaboration, especially in a world where magicians and their powers held immense influence. The future held countless possibilities, and by joining forces, they could navigate the challenges ahead and bring about the change they both sought.

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

The explanation brought the light of fascination to the silver fox's eyes as his hand pulled a wand out from his robes. Zion listened carefully with the wand touching his chest to channel the rukh while a tail shrouded in purple light bent forward to touch his wounded cheek. He winced at the pain of the touch but soon a Vitality Surge caused the flesh of his seared cheek to restore itself just in time for him to speak.

"I was merely lucky enough to stumble upon good fortune."

The quip in response to compliments of power was short and accompanied by a faint smile. It gave the armored warrior room to continue speaking a proposed exchange of knowledge. The magician in Zion's heart was always interested in learning new ways of understanding magic. Tampering down that excitement, he considered quietly until Julius referenced greatness. The exiled youth felt his heart tighten at the word.

Before Zion could speak he witnessed the warrior remove his helmet. Black rukh poured out like a miasma and scattered to reveal the glossy black metal skull staring at him with empty sockets lit with a gloomy light. It was a terrifying visage made the fox recoil a half step but he stopped himself. His eyes fell upon the offered handshake and Zion went silent as his expression became more serious. After a moment of pondering he gathered his thoughts and looked the Skeletal Lord in the eyes. Resolve and ambition was shown in the silver fox's gaze as he spoke.

"In my short life, I have encountered mentors, champions, entertainers, and rulers. Each of them pursued a different kind of greatness. Before I agree to anything, I would ask you. What does greatness mean to you?"

Magoi: 380/420
Stamina: 250/280

Notes:

Equipment:

Trait:
Ability:

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zion's question about greatness struck a chord within Julius, causing his hollow eyes to gleam with a glimmer of determination. He considered the question carefully, his response weighted with years of introspection and a deep-rooted desire for change.

"To me, greatness is not measured by power alone, but by the impact one has on the world and its people," Julius began, his voice carrying a resonance that seemed to echo through the air. "It is the ability to inspire and uplift others, to bring about positive transformation and justice in a world plagued by corruption and darkness."

His gaze locked with Zion's, the Skeletal Lord continued, his words filled with a fervent passion. "Greatness lies in the pursuit of a noble cause, in striving to create a better world for those who have been oppressed and downtrodden. It is not the accumulation of personal glory, but the selfless dedication to a higher purpose."

Julius paused, his expression was solemn yet resolute. "I seek to dismantle the foundations of corruption, to uproot the systems that exploit and oppress. I aim to restore balance and bring about a new era of hope and prosperity. Greatness, to me, is making a lasting impact that transcends individual power and serves the greater good."

As the words hung in the air, Julius extended his hand once more, his skeletal fingers awaiting Zion's response. "So, I ask you, Swordking, do you share a similar vision? Are you willing to embrace the path of greatness, not for personal gain, but for the betterment of this world we inhabit?"

Julius hoped Zion would agree, it would be a waste of having such a powerful and smart man oppose the power of Tartarus. The Skeletal Lord wondered if the boy could see the truth about the Ruhk, and how the people of this world had been tricked by Solomon and his followers.

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

The quiet moments Julius used to gather his thoughts were spent without interruption. Zion was watching him closely feeling somewhat awkward. A skeleton lacked the subtle body language of furrowed brows or cheeks raising into a smile. The only thing that seemed to change was that gleam in his sockets. It seemed to become brighter once the Skeletal Lord seemed ready to answer. The young magician maintained his silence and listened carefully. His expression was calm and serene to start as he nodded in recognition to the point of impacting lives.

Through his own quest for greatness, Zion could identify this as something in common between all the opinions on the subject he'd heard so far. Even in cases like Caelus where doing so was not his express intention, by attaining glory and greatness in the coliseum he would have become an inspiration to many warriors and citizens alike. The hint of greatness he had seen from Jason in Asmoday when the fanalis stood tall in the face of certain defeat against a foe who had every advantage against him. The sight of him standing covered in his own blood despite the defeat had moved Zion deeply and to this day the though of the scene was of great motivation for Zion while he trained. But those were both a kind of personal greatness.

As Julius continued, it slowly became clear that his sights were set on the other kind of greatness. The kind that people wrote myths and history books over. That light within the skull's sockets brightened with an odd fanaticism when he paused. Black rukh seemed to write in excitement as the speech went on. His tone was somehow less fervent and yet the weight of his voice carried far heavier on the air. While Julius spoke of a brighter future it was obvious that his desire to get there had been born of deep pain and resentment. It made Zion's expression soften as he wondered what the story behind that drive really was.

"The greater good, huh?"

The Storm Kitsune's eyes cast downward as he thought about his own experience in the world. Was there corruption out there? Undoubtedly. The injustices he suffered under Kornel Klien were proof enough, but even in Reim he witnessed the senate attempt to gouge the citizens with tax schemes while members of the council had been possessed by greed and fallen into the hands of foreign actors. Even with Zion's interference in those matters, he could not possibly cleanse the city of all its evils. But he also never thought to try. He had always been too busy concerned with his own survival and growth. All so he could one day reclaim his home. Zion couldn't help but laugh at his own selfishness. The greater good had never been something he took into consideration when solving any of Reim's problems, his own goals simply seemed to always align with a positive outcome.  In comparison, Julius seemed to be far more selfless in his ambitions.

That was a comparison of things so far however. Once Zion did return home he planned to follow his father's foot steps to create magic tools for the masses meant to lift every one's standard of living. Perhaps if none wanted for food or drink and the wounded and sick could be mended, there would be no more need for conflicts between nations. This was the future the doll naively sought on the other side of besting his nemesis, Klien. This goal made Zion feel confident that he would not lose to Julius' spirit as he reached out to shake the boney hand.

"I can't claim to be on that path. I have too many responsibilities and debts that must first be fulfilled."

The storm kitsune shook his head gently as he spoke his humble words. But when he opened his eyes again there was a light in them that was like a blazing flame of determination. White rukh danced above his shoulders as he declared his fate. "But it is my sincerest wish to bring an end to our age of strife and misery so that a brighter tomorrow with less suffering for everyone might dawn. To that end, you could call us comrades." Zion gave a genuine smile and met Julius' resolve with his own adherence to Solomon's teachings. Though the two were in verbal agreement, their ideologies could not be more opposite.

"Alas, I'll be leaving these lands soon. You'll have to come find me in Magnostadt in the future should you wish to work together."

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

As Zion's hand clasped with Julius's bony fingers, a sense of camaraderie and understanding passed between them. Despite their differences in approach and ideologies, they recognized a shared desire to bring about a better future, free from the suffering and strife that plagued the world. The Storm Kitsune's acceptance of their potential alliance brought a genuine smile to Julius's skeletal visage, his sockets gleaming with a mix of gratitude and determination.

"Comrades indeed," Julius responded, his voice filled with a sense of conviction. "Though our paths may diverge for now, I have no doubt that our destinies will intersect again in the future. Magnostadt, you say? I shall remember that. When the time is right, I will seek you out."

The Skeletal Lord released Zion's hand, his own resolve firm and unwavering. The possibilities that lay ahead were vast, and the bond forged between them held the promise of mutual growth and shared purpose. Julius knew that their combined strengths could be a formidable force for change.

"Until then, my friend," Julius said, his tone filled with a mix of gratitude and anticipation. "May your journey be fruitful, and may we both find the strength and wisdom to fulfill our respective responsibilities."

With a nod of farewell, Julius watched as Zion prepared to leave the lands of Reim. He knew that their paths would cross again, and when that time came, they would be ready to face the challenges ahead together.

As the Storm Kitsune departed, Julius stood amidst the quiet countryside, the weight of their conversation lingering in the air. The pursuit of greatness and the desire to bring about lasting change fueled his determination even more. The darkness within his eye sockets seemed to burn with an inner fire, reflecting the unwavering resolve that dwelled within his skeletal form. Julius refocused his efforts on rebuilding Reim and eliminating the corruption that was rampant in the area. He understood that the journey ahead would be challenging, but he had a strong partner and a common goal to lead the way, that partner is the former King of Reim Lagi El Nagi. As he watched Zion's form disappear into the distance, Julius's mind began to weave plans and strategies. The future beckoned, and he was determined to shape it into a world where justice, prosperity, and true greatness prevailed.

-Exit-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum