Children's Vendetta [Marax Trial]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lukxiel

Lukxiel
β-Tier
β-Tier

items brought:

Per usual one could find the boy in his chambers, his head lodged in the spines of books, eyes cutting through the pieces of paper, and his mind solely focused on what was really possible in the magic kingdom. His eyes had read much, but his body hadn’t taken to the streets often, he hadn't felt the presence of what this place truly has to offer him in what could happen. Tapping the bottom of the book on his desk, his eyes would roll to his window sill staring at the daylight creak through the curtains casting way more of the shadows in his room. He felt he was too young being cooped up in his chambers at the academy, but the only two places right now for him were his studies, and classes, and preparation for the Exam. He might’ve had just a tad more than two things he felt worrisome about, but that  feeling became sour more than ever. This was all he could occupy himself with, but neither his parents or uncles/aunties were here so he made due with his books.

Lukxiel had started to collect the already read books, and magic formulas  he had gotten a few weeks back out of the library. His chambers are about three or four corridors down and right around the way to the library, so this stroll took him about five minutes, and he enjoyed lining up this timing perfectly. After the matters of walking over, he didn’t care much about being stopped once he was inside the library. It was always almost a calming serenity. His nerves felt on end at all the books, but at the same time he disliked the yearning eyes of the other students who saw the small child poking, and protting around. Getting in a fresh look after walking through the door, Lukxiel made it straight to the librarian's desk.  

Librarian Prof.: “Ahh Young Magus, returning a few books. Please leave it here.”

Lukx: “ Yes, just these few i’ve gotten a couple weeks back! Thank you Professor.

Dropping the books down on the table, and waving goodbye after speaking to the professor on duty. He made his way down the hall, and towards the corridors once more to take his five minute stroll back to his chambers. Steady, and Fast. The time flew by in mere seconds to him, but it was exactly the amount he always counted, and watched his watch til. Stepping back into his bedroom, and closing the wooden door behind him. A medium, rusty creak coming from its hinges as it hissed close made the child’s spine shiver. Looking over his room, he walks towards his weapons, and glosses his hands across ‘Scarsong’, and ‘Giuseppe’.

Lukx: “ Lemme wipe y’all down. I know the dust in here doesn’t do y’alls blades justice. Cmere Guys.

Lukxiel grabbing both of them, scar in his left hand, and the sheather/hoslter of giuseppe in his right. As always he sits at his desk, now with his weapons layed down upon it, and a cleaning rag he picked up as he sat down. Waving his hand over the golden trails of Scarsong, he’d start humming as his eyes glowed brighter than the minty teal color in his eye already was. A light, but dark tone projected behind his lips as if his mouth wasn’t closed to hum already. The child just continued with the hymn, and cleaned his weapon.

log:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As the youth attended to his weapons a sudden thump would sound from across the room. If he was sharp he might even have caught sight of something falling to the floor from where he'd normally keep his books. A thick and ancient looking tome had seemingly thrown itself to the ground. But careful inspection would reveal to Luxiel that this book was one he'd never seen before. It had a gemstone embedded into its cover and a lock to seal its pages from prying eyes. Furthermore, an almost gravitational pull would beckon out to the boy. An inevitable drive that called for him to pick it up.

Children's Vendetta [Marax Trial] Tome-of-ancient-lore
"What is they desire?"

The moment the book reached his hands so too would an ancient and time weathered voice echo out in his mind with a simple question.

Lukxiel

Lukxiel
β-Tier
β-Tier

The dark hushed tone aburptly came to a stop. His song resonated to the top of his chambers before funneling out by the sudden drop of a book. Lukxiel, clicked his tongue and snapped his eyes over to the far side of his room, his teal peekers squinting at this goldish, tarnished, and runic book. The feeling it emitted. A call it beckoned. Words just unspoken, but just right on the tip of his tongue, a twisted smile ripping across his pale skin. “ Scarry, Scarry, Big Scarrrrr. Weaved It In Gold… So Vigilant, He Made In My Homeeee…Ouuuu, Scarr. Weaved It In Gold, He Is So Icy, So Toneeeedddd~” Lukx would Sing. He sang his hymn to his blade, the rukh dancing to his vocal chords as they reached into the air and resonated along the bedroom walls. The teal in his eyes lost its color growing duller, and his skin would crawl as if something was releasing, and breaking through it.

What is they desire?

He had left his weapon he sang so loudly about, and found himself at his bookshelf. The eerie feeling, the cluttering of rukh, and his sensitivity to the natural phenomenon called out to him. Just before he would fully reach for the book, and hear those fated words, his magoi surged, and shined his Ombre State. It felt as if the rukh told him in that instance to emerge himself. Lukxiel’s translucent body chilled, and froze the ground beneath him with a burning blinding light, but it would be no harm it was a comforting kind of siphoning heat. Behind his dulled eyes he saw magic clearly, for its natural purpose, he saw the book and saw its clear magical premise. ‘What I Desire. A book of mysterious tomes? A book of childhood stories? A book of Untold riches? A book.. Well, I’ll see exactly what book this is.’ Shining his light ever so bright  holding the book in his right hand, and channeling his shining light to trace the creation of the book, to look towards, forwards… but truly BACKWARDS into a few glimpses of its past.

Lukxiel: “ I have what I desire. The academy. I will speak simple as your past speaks to me through our minds. I am Lukxiel Poppi-Axca, 2nd Generation Sunseer Seraphim. I shall bring true understanding to my people. I wish for a brother, or sister, or just a younger sibling who’s able to share this experience. I want to gather information from the City Of Magic to better prepare future me’s, or those like me. I have stepped forth in my journey, and I believe I’m on my path. Your being is a fascinating one, Mister Book, but the nightmares of your past are my past, that is the curse of the next generations from the offspring of the First Generation. I don’t desire it, I know. I see, but I will always feel. It’s what you desire, that I feel from your distant, and long past, but that’s only glimpses. The City Of Magic, will help me see through the troubled nightmarish past, and get the broader horizon. Or are you, Book. Oh so troubled, Mister Book to show me a newer horizon over the cliff of forsaken past?

log:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The surface of the tome was dusted in frost from the ochre touch. It was heavy and felt remarkably sturdy for something that looked so ancient. Lukxiel's attempt to probe the book with magic would reveal to him a deeper enigma. Rather than obediently display what he had asked, the rukh meandered about disorderly. It was as if this object existed outside of time. It had no past, no future. Only the present. The tome did not seem to mind the invasion of privacy. That voice was patiently silent until Lukxiel finally gave up trying to use clairvoyance before speaking.

"If you seek my secrets, you must find my key. It is locked in the Chancellor's Office. Open me and I shall grant you your desire."

The voice seemed clearer now than ever. It was that of a woman. If Lukxiel were to let his gaze linger on the gemstone on the cover and stared deeply enough into it he might even spot the vague visage of a woman somewhere in the crystal. She was in there somewhere, watching the outside world with a cold yet beautiful gaze. Alas, that face faded and the powerful feeling the book gave off seemed to tail off with it. Suddenly the book seemed to become much more mundane. Any further attempts to talk to the voice were futile. It had given Lukxiel a mission. It was up to him whether or not to risk it.

Lukxiel

Lukxiel
β-Tier
β-Tier

Luxkiel attempt to infiltrate the book's past with  all his words, and his energy to be done in. Getting him nowhere closer to a start on where this book might’ve come from, overall making the child feel it was pointless to declare his wants to proudly. Lukx, so used to being able to dig into people’s or items background from just a single touch, was something he was trying to better himself at, but for this one backfire it felt all too crushing. A sour pucker took over his lips as his Ombre state change  reverted his chilling moonlit skin back to its original blood, and bones. The boy released heavy signs, and smacked on his teeth releasing a cold, long stream of icy breath from his chilled lips. “ Pfft~..

"If you seek my secrets, you must find my key. It is locked in the Chancellor's Office. Open me and I shall grant you your desire.

Pfft… the chancellor.. Agh… the chancellor… Pfft” Luxkiel mumbled under his breath, after what seemed to be a woman’s voice coming from the book’s gem. He had glossed over it for some seconds, but it seemed that was all he was told to go do. With puckered lips, and just a large keyless book the boy felt way too in over his head. He hadn’t even met the chancellor, but to seek his audience before even becoming Kodor 2 was just too far fetched for him. Maybe he could get some good faith out of this, but with a tug on his collar and swipe of his arm across his forehead he tried to calm himself. Moving with the book underneath his left arm, and grabbing Scarsong in his right, Lukxiel would exit his room heading towards the Chancellor’s Office.

The academy was big, but to find the office of the head magus wasn’t. Lukxiel had only known the way there, he had not seen the office door, or even gone close enough to the hallway it sat in. A cold lump of anxiety sat in his throat. His hands grew clampy. All in all, the boy was excited, and truly scared at what he would find as he walked higher, and further into the academy than he ever has. ‘ Why must I go visit the Chancellor. What does this book think of me to do such a thing? Would the chancellor take my possession when I ask if he has a key? Would I get expelled for something like this? This.. This is surely something the professors would discuss if they had the chance, but I now doubt they would even get to lay their eyes upon this book if the head magus got it.’ Lukxiel thoughts raced, and only raced this hard because he did not want to lose a new important item. Maybe he felt the loss of this item would hurt as he wasn’t able to see into its past, but if he could get into the office with the chancellor and get it open to do so he wouldn’t mind losing the overall item. It just all felt so uncertain to the boy, that when he came upon the corridor hall leading to the office, he noticed the guards on duty.

Afternoon fellow mages. May I request an audience with the chancellor. I’ve gotten a book here on foreign magic formulas, and spells from my homeland, Merridia. And I wanted to know if I could request to add it to our library. If you can relay this information for me please.

Lukxiel gave his reason to one of the guards, and waited to see their reply. Hopefully the Chancellor would have time to hear such trivial matters on this day, if not he’d of course have to figure out another way. For now this was his first attempt at entry, but he was doubtful they wouldn’t listen to a Kodor 3 student, and his request.

log:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

On his way to the Chancellors Office Lukxiel would encounter less and less students until around him were only professors or the occasional 1st Kodor. Many a professor were walking down the halls, yet they seemed to not see the 3rd Kodor at all. One professor in a hurry would even come close to running over him. Normally someone would have stopped and asked him who he was and where he was going. For a young newer student to wander his way to the Chancellor's office unimpeded was unheard of until now. Not a soul tried to stop him, let alone seemed to notice his presence. No one save for the being within the book. It's power seemed to have grown and the woman's aura would feel ever present.

The two guards glanced at each other and then back at the young magician. One raised brow marked bafflement on the left guards face. Two furrowed brows showed anger in the right guard's face. For when Lukxiel tried show the book in question it was gone! He had just been feeling its weight but as far as the guards were concerned it had never been there in the first place. In a blink the woman's aura was gone along with the book. "You feeling alright, lad?" Asked the elderly guard on the left. He seemed concerned that Lukxiel might have hit his head or something. The youger firebrand of a guard on the right stepped forward towering over the youth with crossed arms. "This better not be some kind of a prank. Show me your Kodor medal and tell me the name of your primary professor." He demanded with a tone of sour expectation.

The old man to the left was silent but frowning now as he watched Lukxial closely. He did not interfere in his fellow guard's actions as this was part of their job even though he felt it was being a bit too harsh. But once Lukxiel produced the identification the elder guard stepped forward to cut his colleague off. "Now, lad. Did you rush over here in your excitement and simply forgot to bring the book?" His voice was like that of a kind grandfather speaking to an overly excited child, "If you really do possess such a book, I'm sure you can speak to the Head Librarian about your addition to Merlin's Library. But I'll be sure to let the Chancellor know if it is added. I'm sure he'll be the first to reserve a copy." He even leaned over a bit to speak to Lukxiel at eye level and gave him an encouraging pat on the head.

To the side the other guard scowled and then gave a snort of disgust. "As if there were any formula of importance coming out of some backwater fledgling nation run by goi. Just look, this brat is only a 3rd Kodor! If he still isn't a second at this age then he'll never amount to much." The man looked away as if he could not bare seeing his colleague show compassion to the youth. But if he hadn't he would have seen the shocked expression on the elder guard's face. He had probed Lukxiel's body when patting his head and realized a number of things. First being that they had misjudged the boy's age! He appeared to be in his mid to late teens, but his bone age couldn't be faked. The lad was merely six! But even more astonishing was the magic woven into Lukxiel's very flesh.

Just before the connection was broken he saw an image that would be branded into his minds eye for days. Six glorious golden wings alight so bright as to drown out every star in the universe. The elder guard was stunned for a moment but then smiled and kept his revelations to himself. "No, I think this lad has great potential yet." The old man then stood up straight and shifted tone and demeanor. Stern now was his gaze as his low voice added, "...Assuming of course, that the book you mentioned is real." His eyes telling Lukxiel that he wouldn't be able to help the boy if he could not deliver.

Lukxiel

Lukxiel
β-Tier
β-Tier

The weight of the book felt firm, and strong like an ox in the boy's clutches, but the stares of the two guards felt stronger like an apex predator looking down at its food. One elderly, and one young and angry looked at him. Staring right back at them, he stood in doubt, and now a creeping, spineless, shapeless fear rose from his knees to his chest as the book had simply vanished just as its words did in his chambers on the Kodor 3 halls. Still, the boy’s eyes held his confidence while also holding fear itself now. The Elderly Guard spoke: "You feeling alright, lad?" Luxkiel only nodded his head in agreement, his words felt too heavy, and ill to fall out his mouth right now. His mouth unusable at this second, only his eyes moved upward as his chin tilted to meet the towering right guard. The Youger Firebrand Guard spoke: “This better not be some kind of a prank. Show me your Kodor medal and tell me the name of your primary professor.” Luxkiel, throat had dropped back, and his hands scrambled across his body, almost even knocking his weapon from its latch along his back. “um.. Um.. um.. ” murmured from the corners of his lips as he got his badge from inside his altered robed/suit uniform. The angry mans tone flustered him, but he replied.”Kodor 3, Primary Professor (random name said) focused on basic academy knowledge, and the city of magics infrastructure.. Guard Sir!

With his identification, and professor for his classes being verified by one, The elderly guard butted in to ease back the hot shot, very sour, very dickishly expressed guard to his own interpretation of the kid.  The Elderly Guard spoke once more: “ Now, lad. Did you rush over here in your excitement and simply forgot to bring the book? ” Luxkiel excitement from a few seconds earlier had shied down to that of a child walking a tight robe before receiving a scolding, that the voice of the grandfatherly man soften his tension. Furthermore The Elderly Guard said: “"If you really do possess such a book, I'm sure you can speak to the Head Librarian about your addition to Merlin's Library. But I'll be sure to let the Chancellor know if it is added. I'm sure he'll be the first to reserve a copy.” And with this statement from the left guard, the boy's mind flashed the scenes of eariler in his head rapidly, playing back, and fueling his fire to rise up in the face of fear with confidence, and vervato. Even so the fire turned to a flame as the old man touched the top of his head, one of his dislikes causing his pale skin to blister red along his cheeks. Lukxiel varvato, and disdain slightly surfaced as he spoke. “Please do not touch me, Elderly-Nii.” Stepping back from the two. “ I haven’t any other cause than to present a book to the chancellor that even, I know the Head Librarian would’ve presented to him as well once made a discovery of it. ” His words carrying a fiery, soft, and rosy sound that only a child could make to their ears.

His words of fiery passion would go to the Elderly Guard. His next set was in accordance with the reply to the Youger’s Guard, but only after he spoke. The Youger Firebrand Guard spoke brazenly , and in disgust: “ As if there were any formula of importance coming out of some backwater fledgling nation run by goi. Just look, this brat is only a 3rd Kodor! If he still isn't a second at this age then he'll never amount to much. “ His words made Lukxiel head turn down and face the ground only out of respect to not lock eyes with the guard, and openly disrespect him. “ That goi run nation, has my full-fledged nobleman of not one, not two, but of three Nations! My! Magician! Of! A! Father! That is stronger, wiser,  and much more honorable of a man than you in it. This is how you speak to children? No older than just Six years of age at that, you grown angry man. Haha.You are far less of a magician than me, and even my father alone. To us you would be more goi-less, than any for just how you speak to others. Goi-Gut-less is what we would call you.” For Lukxiel just being six years old, and having a teens body his mind was just as sharp as any other as he loves spending time reading and memorizing books, or more so one could say he was memorizing, reliving, retailing  and reconstructing books in his mind, and in the world.

Hopefully his quantity of words wouldn’t penalize him, but for speaking with such earnesty, and varvato while also standing in front of the chancellor office, the boy knew he would receive prompt, and swift treatment once all parties ended words here. For now, his eyes meet with the right guard, and then over to the left studying the elderly guard who had touched him. The smile of the elderly guard would throw him for he wouldn’t know if it was for funsies, or for other reasons, but the only reason he felt spooked was when, The Elderly Guard spoke again: “No, I think this lad has great potential yet.” His tone made Lukxiel shake like a struck bronze bell. The whole mood shift from the left side of the hall felt like a new horizon was entering the evening stage, as the guard voice seemed sterner, and with more humped. The Elderly Guard said: “...Assuming of course, that the book you mentioned is real.” the ending in which now, Lukxiel would need very much to produce evidence. In which the young boy believed now, more than ever he could do even if it wasn’t real, even if it wasn’t fake. The boy took a few more steps back, his back against the wall opposite of the door between the two guards.

As I am commanded, I shall show you what I have misplaced. You on the right pay attention closely~.” A sly fox grin was all that was left on the boy’s mouth, as his birthmark appeared promptly, and his teal eyes grew coldly, but bright with magic. Sunweaver. That's it, he’s a sunbringer, so why not sun weave as well. His memories, his sensation of touch, his breathe that hit the gem, his gaze that looked over the book once all came together, and his magoi poured into his fingertips, his cells on the brim of his palms, and then in front of the two guards. Ghastly Flames of Sunseer Magic, erupted from his palms and flowed into tendrils weaving in, and out each other reconstructing the very book the women had felt herself in, the same very book he had felt himself drawn to, the very book these guards wished to see. “ Ask, and Receive. Past, but do not heed. Future, but do not leave. ” Sort of cryptic saying to the two, but to him time was timeless as crafting this book held him in suspense, but at the same time it did not. In only seconds? A few minutes? No, It was done in a flash. And  to others besides, Luxkiel it was done in all stances of time. With the physical or non-physical book gone. Recreating a sun-woven copy was easy, he needed only a memory of a memory, a glance upon a glance, a touch upon a million touches.

Without further ado. Here is the gemstone book that is locked away only able to be freed by answers I might find with the chancellor. ” Lukxiel would say with a soft sigh. His pale skin returning, and his birthmark echting back into the same icy color of his normal skin. Now he waited to see the two reactions to his magic even though he’s just a Kodor 3, from a Goi ran Nation.

log:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As expected, the goi hating guard steamed at Lukxiel's words. The man turned red in the face and growled through grit teeth. The arrogance of this child! The man scoffed at Lukxiel's petty attempt to insult him. "So this is how Professor Flugendorf allows his students to speak?" As the words came out the man had relaxed his clenched fists and regained his composure. A sickly sadistic smile came over the guard as he narrowed his gaze. But he said nothing further. Meanwhile, the more elderly guard frowned and began to feel that he was mistaken to speak highly of the lad. If he lost his temper and started shouting so easily then it was likely the boy could find himself walking into an early grave.

Thankfully the stakes were not so high within the safety of the Academy walls. But that did not mean that a 3rd Kodor could act as they pleased without consequence. The kindly guard could only hope that Lukxiel at least grasped the chance he had given him. Alas, the youth sought to astound with magic trifles rather than go to retrieve a real book from Meridia from his own extensive collection. The old man's jaw fell agape when he saw the Sunseer book being presented as if it were something of value. Then his face fell into a heavy glare of disappointment as he shook his head.

All too pleased with this outcome was the discriminating guard. He stepped forward to accept Lukxiel's book, but the moment he set his hand on it a burst of magoi surged into the book causing it to explode into a shimmer of harmless sparks which quickly faded into nothing. "Did you think the guards to the Chancellor's office could be easily fooled?" Perhaps if the youth had not performed his spell in front of them in a bid to show off he could maintain the charade until one of the guards could handle the book. But even then ,the magoi present in the object would cause suspicion and further probing. His trick was doomed to fail from the start.

"Lying to access the Chancellor's Office. Disrespecting a Professor. Using magic to deceive a Professor."

Now the elderly guard to the side spoke. He listed off each of Lukxiel's supposed crimes. "These are enough grounds for expulsion. But in light of your youth, I suggest we handle this case with a bit more care." It might seem like the old man was throwing Lukxiel under the bus at first, but even now he was making an effort to ease the punishment as he gave his fellow guard a sideglance glare. But the old man would not look at Lukxiel any longer. He couldn't lest his bitterness poison that soft part of his heart.

The suggestion made the other guard frown at first, but then he seemed to think of something and then made a toothy grin. "Very well...ah, I know. I shall go discuss it with Professor Flugendorf. As for you, get back to your room. Don't let me catch you in these halls again without being on official business!" He pointed a crooked finger at Lukxiel and barked for him to be on his way.

[The Next Day: First Class]

As Lukxiel arrived for the days lesson he would be approached by his Professor. Professor Flugendorf glared at the youth with hatred as he had gotten a chewing out of his own. Flugendorf informed Lukxiel that starting today, he was banned from the Library of Merlin for the next year, or six months if he can reach 2nd Kodor in that time. A squad of Librarians were already accessing his room as they spoke, reclaiming any books that had come from the library and pilfering any tomes they deemed to be of value. In addition, he was to stand as a practice dummy for his fellow 3rd kodor students to practice magic on. Nothing too dangerous, but there was a long day of botched healing spells and endless failed support spells.

Notes:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum