You are not connected. Please login or register

The Prodigal Son's Return [Job]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Prodigal Son's Return [Job] Empty The Prodigal Son's Return [Job] 07/05/22, 07:48 pm

Casrare

Casrare
β-Tier
β-Tier

Job Name: Birth of Blight
Job Rank: B-tier
Job Location: Sasan
Job Reward: 15k Huang | 200 Xp
Job Prerequisites: Be Casrare
Job Overview: The training with the Fallen Hashashin  has helped them regain some glory, but they are becoming a group under the Sasanid's name in order to spread the belief of Sin's liberation. Casrare while touching bases with Sasan must let them know of his plans and how the group will act in Sasan's name. He must touch bases with his future mentor of his Aunt Neda and then set out on establishing his base. Before he leaves however, Neda wishes to have her Nephew pit his strength against her.

Spoiler:

How long had it been since Casrare had set foot upon the soil of his home? Outside gates of blue steel he now stood warped, strong with conviction and power while he had left curious, weak with nothing but mutation. A head heavy with the horns of Satan he chose to walk the path laden with sin. Maybe it was the corruption of disease that had first festered in his mind? Perhaps the moment of his rebirth was upon dunking his head into the river of souls. Was the nightmare magic that clung to his spine the cause for his fall into malevolence. Was it really so evil actually, it was a desire for peace, control, and enjoyment in one's life? It was necessary to contrast Sasan's light, that dark temptation of life was necessary.

The war he waged in his own head was one of curiosity, wondering what he'd face now that he was home. With him being malformed he would have to hide his signs of disease. His mutations were already seen as freakish, he didn't want to give them more potential reasons to not accept his efforts. He had already spent too many days thinking about this issue, if he wasn't sure he wouldn't be here. Sure he could see his parents, but he didn't want to bother them. The path he took would only hurt them,

A shrieking creak of great metal doors to let him inside would break Casrare's line of thought.

"Enter Sasanid, state your name!" a guard would command from above. Forward as the doors opened there was a long row of guards. He had heard since the crusades returns they had kept vigilance at the gates so as unwanteds didn't sneak in. The young man would move forward about ten paces before saying "My name is Casrare Zargar, I have returned from my crusade, and I return with tales of my success.

It was a cocky statement, from what he could tell not many of them had done well in making a foothold. With his own base, and the following forming he just needed their blessing to push his efforts forward further. If he was lucky he would be able to call more of his fellow people to his cause. It would be hard to indoctrinate some of those from the homeland into such an outrageous cause but there was no doubt in his heart that there were dissenters.

After a brief discussion the guards allowed him through, the shining metal city plagued by fog and chastity was a strange sight to see for sure. His thoughts, his fears of the hate he would grow for his home. Compared to the rest of the world it was lacking in vibrancy, it was a dull nation. Sure they fought to control their fear, it had also prevented them from experiencing any real joy.

Casrare would make his way towards the palace, he had to meet with his aunt and some of the other knights to report his efforts. He was sure to be rewarded for his work. It could even mean a chance at becoming a minor knight, but he had no ambitions for such things. The order he wished to create, could work with Sasan, hopefully, give the capital the facelift it needed. First, he would need to taint and touch more of the world as the blight would work its' way into the heart of the nation. This city was all they had, but he heard rumors of expansion, if it was true then it was best to plant his flowers of vice around as best as he could.

608/1500 Word Count

Casrare

Casrare
β-Tier
β-Tier

At the palace gates he would push through, the guards around moved quickly at spreading the word. With the Major knights spending most of their time in the palace there wasn't a doubt in his mind Neda would be waiting for him. He was never well versed in timekeeping, but he had believed it to be three years since he had last since his aunt. His father was never much of a fighter, to his knowledge in the history of most Zargars they had been miners or metalsmiths. It ran in their blood, she had excelled as a knight, so much that his aunt Neda hid her identity from most people in order to fulfill her position,

It was a misty day and already more than a few hours into the evening now, so the only lightning he would see upon entering the palace was the lighting of wall torches, Sconces themed after ravens and mare lined all around as floor lamps would be ignited by the staff that bustled around. They seemed busier, a new fear seemed to live in those of the castle's employ. He hadn't spent too much time there, maybe that's how it was. Mostly he had been here a few times to see Aunt Neda or for the official rally before the crusades. Still, there was an energy around here that he didn't understand.

"Well if it isn't my favorite nephew" a voice would say, approaching him Neda appeared shrouded in slime as always. She would continue, disguising her voice as she did "I see you've aged well, not as short as you used to be it seems, or is that just your horns."

"I'm your only nephew, glad to see your sense of humor hasn't gotten any drier than it was" Casrare would say with a bit of a smile. He didn't really feel like hugging a walking mass of acidic slime but the sentiment was still there as they hovered around once another. "As happy as I am to see you, I know you're likely here to collect my report of on my duties, and what I plan to do upon leaving."

He was happy to see her, but he had business to do, leaving quicker allowed him to avoid any unneeded pleasantries as well.

"Straight to the point, you're not wrong, many of those returning have come back with their tails tucked between their legs. We've had minor victories, Prince Leon is already out establishing footholds. It would be nice to know if we could secure other resources or connections, so come let's go to my office. Tell me what you've done, what you have planned."

Casrare was lead into her office, up two flights of stairs, in the back left-wing in a tower is where she would lead him. Neda would sit down, relaxing for once releasing the flow of magoi to the magic implant she wore. Her long black hair, and the family's trademark amber eyes would shine. "So, what have you done?" She would ask.

"Well for most of my journey I traveled, but as I saw the world more I saw a goal, a way to unite people in the hardship they experienced. I found a group, a fallen group of assassins. By reforming them I learned valuable things about subterfuge and infiltration. I entered a monastery, I saw their methods, and how they instilled faith into people through methods aside from fear. I know the King, and Prince Leon may have their reservations. I plan to spread my Order of the Star, bring faith to people, and eliminate those who challenge peace. I've found many aren't willing to hurt peaceful men and women of the cloth."

Neda would think for a second, that she wasn't a fan of some of the nation's methods, at the end of the day she was about effectiveness. Whatever kept the most alive, and in line, she felt was the best solution. She held some reservation in the words her nephew said but it seemed like a strong plan if his words were true.

"This sounds promising," she'd say "but I hope you know if you're expecting assistance we'll have to send a scout to evaluate your work. Otherwise, Xerxes would have my head."

"I fully understand, I'd be delighted to have some people over to see my work, I really think I'm beginning to mature into my place of the world."

Word Count: 1348/1500

Casrare

Casrare
β-Tier
β-Tier

After a few hours of discussion, the fall of the night had overcome them, while plenty would be ready for sleep Cas could ask for no such wish, He was ready to depart, he had a stronghold to build. There were patrols but there were only a few stations when it came to nighttime guards. Before he would even reach the city center, however, he would hear a voice ring out.

"Halt, something isn't sitting right, I can't let you leave without knowing you have the strength to do the bold things you claim. Smooth talkers only talk their way into a quick grave. Show me the strength of a knight!" Neda had said powerfully, covered once again with an armament of slime. A Snaking Stab would fly past his leg cutting his ankle.

"FUCk, SHEESH YOU COULD'VE JUST GOTTEN MY ATTENTION WITH THE SHOUT" he'd wail out in response.

"There's no time for waiting in a war, you have to think quick" she'd say while engaging her Mucneda growing into a great gross gorgon. She'd send a limb towards Casrare but he'd barely roll out of the way. As the slime snake slid by he would activate his Dragon Claw fueling it with extra power. With a quick strike, the flaming claw would slice and ignite through the tentacle.

Neda was quick to respond, using two of her arms to rip the limb off before the explosion traveled further. Taking advantage of the chance Casrare would charge forward, closing the distance between the two of them. At striking speeds, an oozing flurry would fly forward towards his stomach. He barely had any time but he would manage a Knockout Block of increased power but it was only enough to dampen the blow. He felt a couple of rips break from the impact. Still, he pressed forward, activating his Demonic Visage. He wouldn't hurt his aunt, but he'd grab her, putting nightmares through her.

The magic would course through her, she had dealt with the nightmares Leon had in their training, but it was never pleasant to deal with such magic. She was unsure how he came upon such a power, it was concerning but he had proved himself.

"Enough, I need to recover a little" she'd say

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to take it that far"... Cas would say.

"It's fine, be careful with a power like that, you look terrifying with it, but I can tell you've shown your strength." Neda would say.

Wordcount: 1,500+/1,500

Magoi: 160/180
Stamina: 150/220

Abilities and traits used:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The Major Knight looked upon her family member, thinking about what she had seen, and felt confident in the gift that she had for him. "Well, you've done well kid, and while you've got a nasty face right now I got something that will help with that."

Turning away for a moment she would reach down and pull something from her stuff, and she would soon enough pull out a set of horns. What had obviously been altered and ornamented organic was also something more, a magic item for people with skills like theirs. Something she had designed for him after hearing stories about him and how he was performing out there, and now she had seen it for herself.

"Here, get these on your skull." She would gift a soft smile and punch him in the shoulder before stepping back for a bit and getting more serious with her expression as she seemed to have a final comment before she would let her nephew leave. "Now, magic items like these are something different, people with swords talk a bunch of donkey shit about their weapons being an extension of them, this actually will be an extension of you, and as much as you feed into it will it feed into you, so be careful with these and out there."

Tool For Cas:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum