Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The Atmosphere of Emotional Conflict
Tier: D
Class: Magician
Type: Supplementary
Range: Medium
Requirements: Specific movement of Wand to cast. The spell does not distinguish between user, allies or foes. The spell cannot produce voices.
Scaling: Duration
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 1
Cost: 10 Magoi
Description:
    The spell creates sounds and/or music in a sphere around Hyperion. [30 Meter radius]. This spell makes it harder for people to communicate with each other. [Entities must be within 3 Meters to communicate unless using a speech or hearing trait or ability.]

The Stillness of a Forgotten Grave
Tier: D
Requirements/Drawbacks: Specific movement of Wand to cast. The spell does not distinguish between user, allies or foes.
Scaling: AoE
Cool Down: 1
Cost: 10 Magoi
Description:
    The spell is a sphere [1 Meter in Diameter] of Sound Magic. The spell is controlled by the movement of Hyperion's wand [up to a distance of 30 Meters from wand]. The spell nullifies all sound by stopping vibrations, D-tier and below, creating total silence everything travelling through or within the orb.

The Murmurs of the Spy Syndicate
Tier: C
Range: Long
Requirements/Drawbacks: Specific movement of Wand to cast. Must know the targets location at the start of spell, within 1 meter. If maximum range is exceeded, the spell is interrupted.
Scaling: Target [For an additional 10 Magoi, may designate an additional person]
Cool Down: 2
Cost: 20 Magoi
Description:
    The spell designates a friendly or neutral entity [up to 50 Meter away], Hyperion is able to speak or listen to them directly, preventing others from hearing the conversation [unless within 3 Meters of speaking entity].

The Cry of Sightless Shrews
Requirements/Drawbacks: Specific movement of Wand to cast. The spell takes several seconds to send out and return, meaning it can't be used accurately during battle.
Scaling: Range
Description:
    The spell sends a pulse of sound magic outward [30 Meter radius]. Returning an enhanced echo to be accurately perceptible by basic senses of touch and hearing. The spell is able to distinguish distance and structure of physical objects.

The Deceit of the Corrupt Interpreter
Requirements/Drawbacks: Specific movement of Wand to cast. Hyperion must mouth the chosen translation. If a person is looking at the source of translated sound, they can realize the words are falsified. An equal or higher hearing trait, can also determine the words are falsified.
Scaling: Range
Description:
    The spell is a sphere [ranging from 1 to 10 Meters in diameter, up to 30 Meters away], Hyperion is able to change each word into another word, that passes through perimeter of the sphere.

Last edited by Hyperion Tol Baelsar on 17/03/22, 09:07 pm; edited 4 times in total

2Sound Magic I Empty Re: Sound Magic I 15/03/22, 02:47 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Sonar- would not be able to distinguish magic as a whole,  only if they take shape like constructs and things of that nature. You can detect structure, but not the materials it's composed of.

Whisper- if they exceed max distance at any point, the communication with the target is broken.

Translation- seems to be traveling into metagame waters of magicians whose requirements are "saying the spells name".  I can't allow this, that aside,  with the limitations you yourself imposed, mistranslation does not occur without the participation of the target, aka, them speaking. Due to the fact that you need their words in order to translate them to something else, you need to be clear with that. You should state that you are surrounding the target with a veil of sound magic, there has to be some sort of invocation of the magic that's hindering their communication. This would more or less act like an uncanny status effect like (mute). so you need a hit confirm.

3Sound Magic I Empty Re: Sound Magic I 15/03/22, 11:47 pm

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Made those fixes and made minor changes to descriptions, and changed names.

4Sound Magic I Empty Re: Sound Magic I 17/03/22, 05:21 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

1/2

5Sound Magic I Empty Re: Sound Magic I 17/03/22, 08:47 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The Atmosphere of Emotional Conflict: Cool down should be 1 post