You are not connected. Please login or register

Merchant and Empress, A Meeting of Fanalis [Invite]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

Theos stood upon the deck of the Leviathan looking out at the sea. Zeus accompanied them in the skies above. A small flock of migrating birds flew under his wings. A slight breeze came from the sea causing Theos to remove his hood. The scarlet hair of the young fanalis fluttered in the wind. The waters in this region gave off no hue. The aquarium know as the south east ocean was as clear as the sky above. Various fish swam underneath the ship, dancing through the waters as the continued on living.

A dark skinned woman that looked more like a pirate than a merchant shouted from the crows nest. "Oooooi, Captain Meridia is just ahead."

"Thanks Charlet." Theos called back.

This would be his first time coming to this nation. The Leviathan never traveled to these waters often, for what Theos had no clue as to why that was. He could only imagine that there was no need. His father had built them a route and it had been getting them by, so there was no need to fix it. However it was a new day and Theos was the Captain of the Leviathan now. His Father was back in Balbadd setting up a shop with the same name, so Theos took this opportunity to see what Meridia had in store.

"Preapre to dock everyone!" Theos shouted to the rest of the crew.

"AiAi Captain!" the responded promptly.

As the Leviathan docked in the bay the crew would go through their preparations and assignments.

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The Second City of the Meridian Empire was bustling just like any other day. Being the premier shipping hub of the growing empire there were always new shops being set up. Just as the poppy and honey sun would turn to golden wheat, newcomers would turn into new citizens. She had enjoyed her time in Firdain, many of her recent duties had led to the Empress traveling between here and the capital. The open planned roads were wide, but they still managed to fill with people even on this early morning. Children rushed from the beach followed by salty winds subtly touching the nose.

The morning light would embrace Merrze, appearing resplendently gold on her amber skin. She dressed lightly in a magenta robe thinner than cobwebs, she had a maroon top with matching pants and sandals. She liked to dress brighter on days like this, plus it was best to look nice when inviting or entertaining guests.

It had become somewhat of a tradition from when she first helped raise the city to its current glory. On her morning walk she would go down by the arena, past the docks and shops to meet with people, past the boasts to see how the coast looked on the day, finally to one of the restaurants with a good outlook on the sea. Most of her daily life was busy, so it was nice to find moments like this to enjoy, and when she was in the Siren city she got to relax for most of the morning until setting into a day of hardwork.

It didn't mean the fanalis would get off lightly, however, as being social was in task of its' own. Even without a crown, or an imperial retinue, there were plenty in the nation that had seen Merrze or knew of her stature. With each step, with ease pass through an alley and each slight step on the main road would catch a glimpse follow by whispers. They weren't mean, some were anxious while others were eager to approach. She had been dealing with it through most of the morning, hopefully, she could avoid it for the rest. Though that would be because she would look to make her own conversation.

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

"Alright you lot get a move on." Charlet yelled. The crew of the Leviathan went proceeded to go through their respective docking duties. Once completed a small wooden ramp was lowered from the ship to the dock. "Alright. You all know what you have to do. Collect the supplies we need and bring them back to the ship. After that you all are free to do as you please!" Theos yelled for the entire crew to hear, while walking down the ramp onto the dock.

"Ai Captain!"

Theos began walking towards the port market, but before he got to far he heard Charlets voice. "You've really come into your own little Theo, or should I say Captain Theos." Theos smiled and waved without stopping. Siren city was almost similar to Balbadd in a way. The market full of life, merchants and residents alike.

A few residents glanced at Theos, whispers of his red hair, and most notably what he wore. His all black attire definitely stood out amongst the array of colorful clothing. He wasn't unused to these looks. It was warm yet he always wore his hood. It was his like his own personal shield. More times than not it kept him lowkey. The closer he got to the end ofthe dock the louder the previously faint chatter became. Theos began walking towards their market square hoping to talenotes on the culture of Meridia.

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As she broke free into the crowd Merrze would find more attention falling upon her. The white and red hair upon her head was a signifier for most. She should've worn a hat but it felt too warm for her to wear one. She would offer waves, smiles, and hugs to the children that got close. It was a chore just to go on a walk. While it was plenty of work, she did enjoy it. By the time she was making it to the other side of the road, the crowd clung to her like a fog of fawning faces. While many were level-headed it was clear how they tried to interact with her. It wasn't always like this, normally it was just polite greetings or questions but every now and then this happened.

The fanalis of Meridia happened to be some of Merrze's biggest supporters. There were plenty of them that served under her personally in the corps, and then there were those freed. Most of those pacing after her happened to be families of fanalis. Plenty of them seemed to enjoy the costs of the Siren bay, it was slowly becoming one of the largest fanalis populations in the nation.

"Well it seems like everyone's going out for a walk, just working the muscles, or was everyone looking for a lion pile today?" Merrze would playfully say as she continued on. She wasn't expecting much from the day, but wasn't that the spice of life?

The roads were wide enough to accommodate the crowd, but the markets outside the bay were starting to become busy with another kind of hype. The First day of every month there was a food stall spread. It was where plenty of bulk merchants came or those looking to go outside their shops to make extra cash. It was to celebrate life in the city, to make sure everyone had a day of good eating. The nation had food, but there would always be days when people missed meals when people would unknowingly be neglected.

"I'm hoping the fried squid puffs are here this time, he said he had a new chili sauce that he wanted me to try" Merrze would mumble to herself.

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

"Hm, some of this clothing could make waves in Balbadd. It fits, but is aesthetically different. Lighter?" Theos spoke to himself looking at some of the clothing. Meridia felt new, freer, and more of a place of refuge than Balbadd. It was honestly more beautiful than his home to Theos. It began causing Theos to think of all the unexplored islands out there. Maybe there was a place as beautiful as this that he create into a true haven for him, his family, and those who sought it. Theos moved from shop to shop, stand to stand, taking in the culture of the newly rose nation. Eventually the smell of various smells found it's way to Theos. In turn Theos found his way to the food stalls.

"Looks like we come at the right time. Maybe I should go tell everyone about this. They have been working hard and adjusting to me taking over."

Due to his hood Theos didn't realize the crowd of people pooling, although he did hear them the young Fanalis paid them no mind. He did however begin going through the stalls buying copious amounts of food. Upon filling his bag Theos would let out a loud whistle. Moments later a shadow flew overhead. Zeus circled Theos before finding room to land next to his friend. "Take this back to the Leviathan." Theos said holding his bag up for Zeus to grab. The stormwing cooed before grabbing the bag with his beak and taking off.

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

While Merrze was busy dealing with the growing swarm of people she would, unfortunately, lose track of her pace. In the hurry of a flurry, she would bump into an unsuspecting young gentleman. Food had conjured up such magnificent delusions of a mouthwatering meal that she had forgotten her manners for a brief moment. "Good grace I'm sorry I did not mean to do that I got distracted by the food can you forgive me?"

She had questioned the man with kindness offering her arm on the chance he lost his footing or got knocked down. Warmth radiated from her face, but the lioness did not lift her head too proudly, she didn't want to attract even more attention. She knew becoming an empress would mean sacrificing her peace of mind, but that didn't mean she didn't want to get out still.

"Can I make it up to you?" she'd ask "I was just going to grab some fried squid puffs" it wasn't to buy his favor she just liked sharing food. She found while there would always be those who would doubt or turn down kindness, it was always best to offer just in case.

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

Theos watched as Zeus flew away. He still took no notice of the crowd; that wasn’t right he did however he continued to pay them no mind. It wasn’t until he felt someone bump into him causing him to take a step forward. Theos turned to look at the individual, with his eyes hidden beneath his hood he took notice of her clothing. Colors that spoke of Meridia, clothing that told of its origins. “No my apologies I should been more aware of my surroundings. Although better for you running into me than a brick wall.” Theos said with a slight chuckle and smile. “You are more than ok.”

He pondered the offer presented to him. Just as he was about to decline and continue on with his business his stomach let out a deep growl. A awkward smile graced his face and for a brief moment caused his entire face to be visible. “Looks like I forgot to eat lunch.” He said laughing at himself. “Guess I’ll take you up on that offer. If it’s one thing I enjoy it’s seafood.” He said having grown up on eating fish among other aquatic creatures. “My name is Theos, Captain of the Leviathan. One of Balbadd’s best rare items merchants.” He said extending his arm to the unknown woman. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.” It did feel a bit awkward at first to speak of the Leviathan but Theos used this as a chance to learn to be proud of his new position.

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"it's a pleasure to meet you, captains are always interesting sorts from my experience. Where are my manners, I am Merrze Firdaus, I hope the city and people alike are treating you well. Trade and fishing are the two things that keep the city afloat so captains deserve their fair share of respect." Merrze had said, walking to lead him towards the stall she was heading for. As a sign of her own respect, she took his arm. Merr was never above having friendly moments with the people who graced the country's shores. If anything, she saw it as her duty to connect with the people, to show them the imperial dynasty to come would be one united with the people. She was a firm believer they were servants to their citizens.

"I am intrigued by this mention of rare trade items, that's quite a diverse subject. Balbadd has become a valuable trading partner with us, as you may have noticed new spices plenty have been flooding out from our ports. So I'm sure there's some lucrative trade you've set your eye on if you've come to Meridia. Anything else that may have brought you here?" Merrze pondered, curious as to what he might say.

It was nothing more than innocent questioning, still, it was her duty to take interest in people looking to peddle "rare" items. There was always a chance that someone who try and bring along unsavory goods. Anyone stupid enough to try and bring slaves across their border would rue the day they made such a mistake. There were few things she delivered such swift action over, and disregarding a life was number one on that list.

The questions were a good way to pass time, but thankfully their destination was just around the corner. "See the shop with blue squid on white paper, that's the place, looks like the line isn't too big yet so we might be able to sneak in pretty quickly."

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

so captains deserve their fair share of respect.
Rang in Theos’ mind. The same thoughts left just as quickly when the shadow of Zeus came gliding overhead. “Well I get enough respect from people who trust me.” Zeus landed on a building as close to Theos as possible. He hadn’t done much to earn his respect as of late. His main priority at the moment getting prepared to enter Vine. “It sounds Meridia and Balbadd are Sister nations.” Theos had seen similarities between their homes when he arrived.

“Well we’re just passing through. Getting supplies and what not. I usually do this when we dock somewhere. Sometimes I can find something off of the wall. After I finish my walk we should be ready to head out.”

Theos pulled himself away from the fanalis woman, but continued to use her guide.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum