A fated Meeting (Job/NoM)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A fated Meeting (Job/NoM) Empty A fated Meeting (Job/NoM) 09/01/22, 09:08 pm

Gilles

Gilles
A-Tier
A-Tier

job:

It was the night of the annual Midsummer Festival in the magician populated country of Magnostadt. While a majority of the people were busy celebrating and taking advantage of this time of peace there would be others who are using this time to meet, plot, and scheme while another group is a bit more joyful, both trying to plan a better future for this country. However, there was another group of people that plan to take advantage of one of the other 2 emerging factions. The dragon’s horde alliance, which is a merchant alliance of 5 various trading groups, all under the influence and control of The Flames Reach, had just gathered some rather interesting information for the leaders of the 2 groups.

At the mansion that the woman formerly known as Minthe owns, the inner circle of the Flames Reach were currently having breakfast. This was one of the few times during the day that the members of the inner circle were able to remove their masks that they are always seen wearing. The masks were shown as a sign of devotion to their god of fire as well as show that they have shed their old lives and have become something new through the blessings of their lord. The masks also helped the Hidden Flame keep their identities secret until needed otherwise. The Hidden Flames were more or less the main body of the religious order. They could be anyone of any stature, standing or background, as long as they passed the tests from their god and are loyal to him and his words then they were excepted. Currently there were two branches of the Hidden Flames, the Kou branch was consisted of a few villages that were loyal and focused on spreading the word of their order. While the other branch in Magno was mostly just the Dragon’s Horde Alliance and a few students and teachers led by Dusk who was the former Minthe.

While they were eating a member would come running in out of breath and panting heavily as they tried to catch said breath. Gilles would grin seeing the man sweating heavily and offers him her glass of Juice. He would look at it hesitatingly which was of no surprise to everyone in that room. While she has been rather tame and reasonable since she had arrived to Magno they all knew how unstable and volatile she can be. She was known to change moods at the flip of a hat, laughing and cheerful one moment while the next she is setting someone on fire as a test for her god. They all even had scars as proof to her tendencies towards arson. Gilles would just continue to hold the glass up for several seconds before the shaking hand takes the glass then greedily guzzling down the sweet nectar of various fruits. Once he was finished he would place the empty glass down on the table before bowing towards the 3 cardinals and the High Priestess.

“T..thank you High Priestess Gilles, I really needed that.” The ginning priestess would wave away with his comment before speaking herself, “It is no problem my child. I see that you have been working hard to get here and I applaud your great work for us and our lord.” She would lean in kissing his forehead before sitting back down, “Now tell me, what has you in such a hurry to get here?” “Thank you again High Priestess. I have come to tell you of news that I heard from some of the customers that were buying merchandise from us yesterday. I have been informed that there are two separate meetings going on tonight by groups that want to change the ways of Magnostadt. One is a group called the Librarians of Merlin who are going to be at a pub meeting with magicians, students and even merchants. They seem to want better relations with the goi and other groups on a whole which could make the kingdom a lot more open to the outside world then it’s current state. While the other group is the Children of Semes which are the complete opposite. They are pro status quo and are much more focused on the separation between magician and goi. They consists of older magicians that still hold grudges over how magicians were treated many years ago that lead to the formation of this country.”

Gilles would smile hearing this. This would be perfect for the Order of the Flames Reach. These were two groups that clearly had their own ideals and plans and they could eventually help shape this country and its future. Ideally she would want to meet and side with the Children of Semes in order to foster trust With the Chancellor of the Country and try to get close to him so she could help convince him to join sassan. However, it was clear that their strong prejudice against the nonmagical races would mean a nonstarter for them. Also if she sided with the Librarians of Merlin she could probably reach out to a larger casting in the country as they will probably relate more with the magno humans and the young malleable minds of the magno academy students. She had made her decision. As she stands up the rest of the inner circle would follow suit, all four members walking out of the mansion to start making their way to the pub that is serving as the meeting place for the Librarians of Merlin.

A few hours later they would be at the pub as the meeting begins to start. Gilles would listen intently as the vocal members of the Librarians talk to all of those that were there for the group. She would grin as she listens but knew that they were just spitting out idealistic nonsense that sounded good but would need a lot of work and backing to have any lasting impact. Backing that only she can provide. When she saw an opportunity to speak she would stand up to do so, “Hello good members of the Librarians and those interested in what they have to say like myself. I am Gilles, the High priestess of a rising religious order here known as the Flames Reach. We are not big but I am sure some of you have heard of us. We consist of a good number of merchants here that are part of the Dragon’s Horde and a large number being magicians but a few humans as well. And we have even been reaching out to students. I and my kind fully support this movement you are starting and are wanting to help back it. We have the manpower, money and support to help you with anything you need and are willing to do anything you ask of us to help, as long as you all can help us spread our message alongside yours that is.” This would sound iffy to some but to others it would be normal, only the naïve would expect something without any stipulations. They seemed to be happy with her help and support as they went to continue their meeting for the next couple of hours before they would go their separate ways and head to their respective abodes.

WC 1000+/1000

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum