You are not connected. Please login or register

Leon's Requiem [NoM/Angelus/Job]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

On the south-eastern plains of Reim, long past the tall cool grey teeth of Sasan's mountains onto grassy plains leading into the hills of Reim. There were plenty of forests there and in between but an open field was where the crown prince of Sasan would rest. He was a cruel man, but there were some conventions of war that weren't to be respected. That was the right of challenge, ambushes could happen but often that was when one broke the code of honor. It was a silly thought to have honor in war, but he hoped he wouldn't be attacked while his troops rested within their tents.

Leon's Requiem [NoM/Angelus/Job] Art-clouds-digital-dream-wallpaper-preview

In all honesty, most of these games were a ploy, however. He wasn't there to challenge anyone, he was there to set a presence to spread fear amongst the populace. Goal one was to spread voices amongst the masses, put converts amongst the powerful tribes and smaller groups leading to Reim. He was sheltered, but he wasn't stupid. They had learned from their mistakes of trying to tackle and change the giants of the worlds' mightiest nations. Sasan had to be more subtle, this was going to be a cultural war, of inspiring fanatics. It seemed that method was working for one of their prolific knights it was only right that they try to take advantage of the strategy as well.

He had to keep moving however, he had to hit two other nations with their goals in mind. It would start with creating groups and then uplifting them through conflict, after that they would leave and spread to the next nation. If they could get a coalition they could bolster the lost knights. Really though it wasn't about the land, it was about the greatest victory, to win someone's heart and soul.

He would think to himself in his drab tent, he couldn't do much more as most things had lost their joy since he took his current form. He didn't wish to sin and divulge in food and drink either, so amidst the plain tent with a bedroll, chests for weapons and armor, and books in which he no longer felt joy the prince would sit. Despite his plans and the success he hoped for in his mission, he still hoped for someone to instill fear into.

He was sure his wish would come true at some point. Knowing from what his scouts have said Reim wasn't too happy about him approaching some of their nearby border towns. They were one of the quickest to respond to Sasan, naturally with their proximity but it was becoming a different nation. Despite these turbulent thoughts the troubled gasps of a messenger would breakthrough into his quarters.

Leon would turn his horrific head towards the young boy who had rushed in. The lad was about the age of 13, he was on the smaller side for his age but he could run rather quickly. His burgundy hair was roughly cut and the turban on his head was loose from the mad dash he had made.

"Sir, Sir I have urgent news!" the young boy would belt out. His voice was dry and cracked, but he would manage to say "It seems as if someone is approaching the camp!"

Leon didn't wish to address the boy much, but he would say to himself "So dreams do come true." His voice scratched like clanging metal layered with a deep scream.

Parting the tent his blackened metal skin would glare with the sunset myriad glow. The painted sky of pink, magenta, lavender, orange, and auburn would dance upon his wicked glare. It would be a little bit of a walkout however he wouldn't mind that not one bit, it would grant him some time to ponder his visitor. He could only hope, they would follow the rules of engagement for he intended to have a solo match.

Dm Notes:
Leon:
Traits:
Spoiler:

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

It had persisted on: the holy war. An unforeseen war was upon us. Ominous skies of vibrant colors painted the land. It was a land that was to be soon fought for by various parties vying for the right to rule - no, truth be told, the battle had just began. Its untouched lands that had yet to witness war had now been touched. If he had to be frank, Angelus himself only exacerbated the problem of war, but that was for a proper cause.

Quite honestly, he did not know much of Sasan until recent. It felt to be just a mere year ago. However, that crusade was two years ago for him. Yes, the man does recognize who the Knights of Sasan are. Yet, his info was limited to usually just rumors and one Sasan man whom had tried to preach to him. It was before Angelus' time, when he was but a hopeful merchant.

At that time, preachers of the faith of Sasan were often persecuted. It was said that an oriential based guild had even came to Reim to lead a counter crusade to halt the advance of Sasan. How pitiful to Angelus that the once nation of mighty conquests could not halt a meager foreign incursion of mountain preachers. It was truly a testament to how great the state of Reim had fallen. If not for the efforts of the national hero, Angelus, this nation could be far worse off.

It was not just him though who had lent a hand to helping this country not fall, but those who stood tall and prideful to be part of this historic nation. It was thanks to those men and women that Reim had not fallen. What has the idle Octavius done lately for Reim? Angelus did not see him helping this nation. If he was playing his part, then clearly the man was not doing enough.

It made Angelus feel disgusted for what his nation had become. However, this was to be the end of this republic failure. Angelus had begun to wage a war on every front. It was from within he began to stir a revolt under the noses of Reim. On the outside, he had begun to conquer lands south of the state of Reim. Then, lastly, now here within the center of Reim, he was to start his decimation of a holy state that dared trek upon soil of his to be Neo Reim Empire.

Underneath the pink hue sky, Angelus' light red coat was to waver from the flick of his hand. It signaled his coming. Upon the lush grass was to be the soles of his shoes, crushing the leaves beneath his feet. It was similar to how Angelus had journeyed forward thus far; no regard for those he had to crush within his wake to reach where he must for the betterment of this world.

Leon's Requiem [NoM/Angelus/Job] Angelu23

In the face of the encampment of Sasan folk, he was to not have even a bit of fright, for he looked down on them; pitiful they were to him. Angelus had an unmatched confidence and ego. It was with his steps that he was to begin to near the camp, but seemingly, there was a challenger. It did not look to be a grunt though. Angelus sighed. It was with his gracious words that he, Angelus Spinam, was to present the man, or rather, creature, with an offer.

"Join me."

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Items:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The Crown Prince of Sasan had learned the hard way that there were plenty of things in life that could not be expected. Most often these troublesome surprises are born from underestimation and overconfidence. It had been his undoing in the dungeon Furcas. It was the cause of his scorn and agony that only brewed in his tumultuous thoughts. While wrath permeated his mind in a thick fog that did not mean he was incapable of growing from his mistakes. The one thing he learned from Furcas, from this outside world was that Sasan as strong as they may be were not enough.

That was why the unexpected offer of an allyship seemed like a golden goose to the monstrous prince. His warped avian grin would crack, mangled frame standing tall to project what level of regal behavior he had left.

"What a proposition, but before I find myself inclined to answer would you do me the grace of informing me about thyself. Of course, not to be discourteous I am Leon Uriens first of his name and future king of Sasan." Each word clung to his beak as if it was poison put into words. There was no dishonesty or deceit in his approach. He was by all means approaching this with the manners befit of court. It didn't mean he didn't see the man before him as a lesser life form. However, fear only has so much control when you don't give them some promise of safety. It was his goal to spread fear to those outside, to convert and create a dogma beneficial to Sasan; It was also Leon's goal to make companions.

It was rare for people to approach him, he was hoping for a fight honestly but this was probably more in his favor. He sized up the young man, he had fair but strong features. He definitely seemed to be of Reiman origin but based on his expeditions they were a diverse people so it didn't narrow down much. He knew there were plenty of people under Reim's rule who were dissatisfied with their direction. Leon was educated in these matters for a reason, it gave him a better understanding of how, to sum up, people or guess their desires but their world still had so much to teach him.

With hand outstretched, he would invite the soldier to tread further into his camp. If they were going to talk he would at least like to rest. His face did not show it, his soldiers did not know it, but fire kissed his veins. More than deformed by pain, defined by it as a permanent wound etched into his skin. The wound left by Sesshomaru would hurt him a million times over until the day of his death.

"Why don't we take a step inside my tent if we're going to continue this discussion, it was just about time for afternoon tea" he would say dragging out the last syllable in an exasperated manner of speech.

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

It was an unheard of proposal. However, the man required allies. It was folly to just tackle the Republic faction without aid. Despite his pity upon Sasan people, he knew the deranged people could be of his benefit. It was critical to find out what Sasan truly wants though first. If he could not  manage to give the nation what they longed for, how was he to receive their help? It first began with learning of the goals of Sasan. Are the goals of the mountain nation opposing Angelus' own? If they were, perhaps Angelus could just spill the blood of their Crown Prince, a man called Leon Uriens. Yet, could one even call him a man? It felt like he was some other creature, one not human. Angelus was to just disregard the look of the man though. It were to be hypocritical to think of the man to not be a person when some of Angelus' own subordinates were not human no longer. It could be that Leon Uriens had chose to take that form for the sake of his King, his father. Anyhow, that did not matter. Angelus had to now reveal who he was.

Angelus: "It is a pleasure to meet you, Leon Uriens. Angelus Spinam is my name. I am Primus Pilus of a Reiman legion, famed gladiator, and chairman of the Angelist party of Reim. I do request that you keep this info confidential, not to just your own people, but to Reim, for the time being. However, let us now go discuss why fate has brought us here today, Leon. I hope we can find common ground. In this world where everyone feels to be a foe, we need more people who can find compromise to share prosperity."

It was then that Angelus was to join Leon to his tent to talk. If Leon was graceful enough to try to find trust within what Angelus was to say next, perhaps the two nations could form a bond. If Leon was to consider Angelus, then the party chairman had to begin with what his own basic goals and wants are. If Prince Leon found him useful, Angelus was sure he may receive an offer by the Sasan royal. It was quite crucial though to word what his goals properly though. If the man felt the dark eyed Reiman to not have the best wishes of Sasan within heart too then he may as well just be labeled a foe. Angelus made his trek to the tent with Leon, prepared to discuss matters with him. Once he could sit, he was to resume talking.

Angelus: "I shall begin. Also, Leon, do sit too. I hope you feel okay today. Anyhow, so where do I start? Ah, let us see, okay, I hope to revive the Empire of Reim. In other words, I wish to be the Emperor. I will let you soak that up for a moment."

It was then that Angelus was to raise his leg, laying his right leg on his left. If there was a desk before him, he was to place his elbows on the desk, his fingers interlocked. If the Crown Prince was staring at him, he were to see Angelus' face hidden by his hands, but his dark dead eyes set upon the reaction of Leon. Unfazed the man was to just tell Leon, with no hesitation from his black painted lips. If that did not stun him enough, Angelus was to continue. Despite his larger than life goal, he was not mad, nor was he a moron. On the contrary, Angelus had thought how to do this for years now. It was nothing short of the truth, one that Angelus had faith he could pull off.

Angelus: "Alright, so now that being said, let me state what I hope to really do. In truth, the Empire is but the precursor to the true goal. Leon, do you know of the birds of fate within us? It is those birds which are either dyed white, or black. I care not what birds are present within you right now. However, do know that we want the same thing. If you hope to expand Sasan, the religion, then join me. If the Empire is revived, then Sasan may join under the pretense of autonomous cities. If the Empire expands, Sasan may receive more autonomous cities. In the Empire, the religion of Sasan may prosper. However, Sasan must not try to taint the nation with black rukh. I have done valuable research. If one is of black rukh, they are more prone to violence, crimes, and poverty. I hope to let King Xerxes reign over his cities though under this proposed Empire model. I believe both, Reim, Sasan, could benefit largely from far more trade and the conquest of the western continent. It is my fervent wish to protect the western continent and ensure our unified people prosper. Leon, I request of your people's aid, so we may destroy the Republic, so we may build a new nation for not just Reim people, but for the great Sasan people."

Oh how heavy Angelus' words were, but, necessary. It was a necessary step for his dream.

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Items:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Leon would give the man a chance to plead his case. It was rare that the chance for the people of Sasan to have people offer aid to them. He sipped the tea, the liquid pouring through the grates of his helmet. It wasn't a joyous way to drink, but it beat moving around his armor too much. As he enjoyed the tea he would listen deeply to the words the man said, he became a sponge for Angelus' speech, the way he spoke, the words he said, and the intent that carried with them. It was always good, to sum up, those who came waltzing onto your doorstep.

While it wasn't exactly a brief explanation of his planes or questions he could tell it was thought, and coordinated by a man with ambition. He pondered the things he said. He had seen how Sasan had failed their first crusade, he was ambitious in the Inquisition to instill belief or fear. He thought their cause was possible to get a small foothold, for the cult of personality to spread and form city-states in their name. While he thought, he would lift up his kettle pouring a fresh cup, the steaming sable stream producing steam as it hit the cup.

He would think of his response, deciding it was best to start with a small story "Have you ever heard the story of Sasan, the name Solomon? You see, my people were born from Solomon's tribe, of his blood and kin, or so the story says. When the worlds died, when the worlds moved over we found ourselves weak, afraid, with only the light of few magicians to guide us. In our homes, we found iron and fear, in the mountains which we called home we built a fortress of magnificent metal. We did all of this, to protect ourselves. We had our mages blessed by Solomons's grace. We learned how to fight, we learned to make better weapons and we fought against ourselves, cleansing our minds and bodies from the things we feared would make us impure. We believed only the chosen, only those who worked hard would return to great god and his grace. That fear drove us, it protected us until the day my father took control. He used fear as a tool, he used it to raise us, to train us. I was taught to feel fear, to feel it till it was purged through my body in blood and tears."

He took a pause, sipping his tea, a slow deep sip to calm the ache in his skin. The fire which burned him danced upon his flesh as moved. Calming himself, the flames would lower, and once more he would continue to speak.

"You must be wondering, why am I telling you this? My father used his fear to push troops across the world to die in hopes to find new homes, expanding, and giving our people places to truly thrive. He in his goal to acquire more power lost a djinn to a man of strange character. He found out our god had stolen the world, the power he had from the true creator. It was then I learned of these black and white birds, I had heard of the Rukh from our magicians but it was then when I truly began to understand. I have seen my father's rukh taint, they say when the rukh shifts or moves in great mass even us not blessed by it can see it. I swear at that moment I witnessed them flutter greatly. I am on an inquisition, to reinstill faith into our soldier, to reclaim those who have left us. My main goal is to spread the cause, to create settlements of faith within this search."

He would lean over, his strange nightmarish frame becoming closer to Angelus. He wished to elaborate, his strained tone becoming more apparent as he approached. Death clung to the man, but earnestness would come from his damaged warm voice.

"I would happily work with you if your words are true. We want more cities, for we only have one. While I imagine you ask for our aid and alliance we as you can tell do want our autonomy and national identity. I use fear brutally I will not lie, but I wish to see my father's Rukh corrected. I am irredeemable, while white birds are I inspire crows wherever I follow. I will not try and ruin your cause, but I must let you know, I am tool, a weapon to darken the hearts of those who turn on faith and life. As a king, I wish to one day drive fear out of the hearts of people but I must forever live with it. If you can understand this, and you can accept this then we can work togehter."

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Angelus listened keenly to what the man had to say. It opened his eyes to the history of Sasan, the people, their faith. If before he had thought of them to be foolish preachers, he now thought of them to be far from that. In truth, Angelus was not sure whether to believe this fairy tale like story of their people, but this religion of theirs could prove beneficial for him. However, the man had to be quite careful with the religion, for right now, Sasan and their King had the upper hand on what goes. Angelus was far more clever though than to just let their faith run wild within the borders of Reim uncontrolled. Angelus had to learn more first of their faith and beliefs before he could properly incorporate them within the wider culture of Reiman life. Either way, that was not what Angelus should have had his mind on, but his mind was nonetheless led to those thoughts.

It was pertinent to the prince that Angelus knew that he was a tool, one to darken the hearts of those whom turn on faith and life. A hand upon his chin, the soldier was to nod, noting that the heir to the throne of Sasan knew himself to be a cruel man to those who opposed fate. It is a terrifying premise for a friend on paper, but to Angelus, Leon was not so bad. If he was honest to his own self, Angelus too could call himself someone similar to Leon, perhaps. However, the two had their own unique missions, their own two unique paths that. It was likely that their paths were meant to converge here, to help each other's journeys, but unlike Leon, Angelus did not want to subject black rukh upon his enemies, but rather, either convert them to his side or just slay them right then and there, regardless of what rukh their bore.

Angelus: "I understand that your purpose is to inspire the light within your people, and to inspire the opposite within those that are your foes. I care not to have more foes, but to only forge the Empire of light, where perhaps the great men and women of Sasan can impart us with their wisdom. I do not intend to face the dreadful Council of the Reim Republic with violence, but rather, foreign friends, and populism. If the people turn on the Council and I take over the Senate with populist policies, I have the Republic faction at a chokepoint. Granted, the execution of the plan will take more than just what we see on paper."

It was crucial that Angelus explained this part, so Leon knew of the method to which Angelus was to try to revive the Empire. It was not smart to just simply try and seize the nation by force. Angelus was not made of the same cloth that the past Emperors were.

Angelus: "If you inspire enough light, a Magi could very well come to you, with the offer to try your hand at a dungeon, Leon. It is pertinent that we Kings of light rise to the occasion, so we may properly combat the dark forces which threaten our existence. I hope that you heed what I say, prince. I can foresee you leading cities under a vast banner light, but you must win a dungeon. If you can, you could very well become a King of a city far larger than that of the capital city of Sasan. I feel you to be a man who can truly drive fear out of your people, but reign down nightmares unto your foes who challenge the rule of the light, Leon."

Said the man, confident with Leon.

Angelus: "I will have a gift prepared for you for whenever I may visit the city of Sasan and your King and father, Xerxes Uriens. If you help us conquer our first plot of land, revive the Empire, then we will help your first city rise up, perhaps a city bearing the name Leones. If I may visit Sasan, then I beg you to wait until my visit to find out why I believe Leones to be a nice name for the city. It does relate to Leon the name of the prince, but there is more to the name Leones than that."

Explained the comfortably sat Angelus.

Angelus: "Alright, so may we begin to set some sort of plan within motion now? I had learnt recently of Sasan and Reim dissenters. It is on the obscure borders of Reim with Sasan I believe but nonetheless troublesome for us both. In good faith, I say let us rule one of our minor border cities together. However, this must first be okayed by the Senate. If the people of Sasan halt trying to conquer Reim land for now whilst I try to have Reim join hands with Sasan, then we can take care of our foes."

As he was to tell Leon this, he was to swish his tea, before drinking the last of the cup.

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Items:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"I may inspire, or invoke the image of myself in those I desire to vanquish, but I carry no such pride to ask for a city in my name. I appreciate the gesture" Leon would say.

He lurched forward resting his teacup down. His voice crept out, as the slits within his helm would show a flash of his scorched flesh. The rasp he muttered out would turn to words, "I will say, convincing may be the hardest task of all. People will always hold their own agenda, I imagine you have your heart and own matter of doing things, which is not my place to throw stones. However, you manage to convince your leaders is of no concern to me as long as the job gets done. My father is the only one who can grant what you wish, which includes exact partnership and the right to enter our borders. I will see what I can do, and I will send one of my Inquisitors to inform you of the deal. I am happy to do my part to give us a strong partnership to build a devout partnership, for me the power relies upon faith, the belief of people more than the borders of the land, still I must warn you"

Leon was in his own space, but his imposing demeanor had brought him close enough that behind the magic that touched him there was an eye sharp and bloodied. The orb stared with intense pain, straining as the skin beneath seemed to wave amongst the haze of his magic. The aura around him showed the power of fear, it wasn't to intimidate Angelus by any means, it was born from Leon's own emotion.

The nightmarish prince offered his caution "I will say my father despite our discourse is grounded but he is stubborn in the cause. While I know I can convince him to agree to the deal for founding cities so that there is land to control, to settle. Sasan is the home, the sanctuary of the humans from the first world, those of that distant blood. That city, our city will be ours until our people die and buildings fall, our family, the Uriens family are gods given form of flesh to the people. It is hard for outsiders to be allowed in without offering some form of reverence or loyalty. I will do what I can but, I do not believe he will open borders until hands have shaken and ink has dried on parchment. With that in mind, I believe we should both make haste if we wish to change the tides of fate."

Leon would stand up, allowing the knights to offer Angelus to take his tea or some biscuits to go. He needed to rest, while he was relentless pain traced his body every second of the day. The prince lurched over towards the section of the tent which lead to his bed. With the curtain parted, head halfway in he would turn to look at Angelus one last time before he left.

"You see the pain I carry, the fear that comes from me not just from my anguish but the mark of others I have seen. Fear must be felt, it must be faced to be driven from the body. I used it fiercely and I was met with hellfire from a beast who wished only to fight the strong. My gift, my cure to gain strength in adversity, you see how I wear it? Do you see how when its' magic radiates, how the miasma of power radiates your own heart, the deep recesses of your mind? I not only wear mine, but I feel and face it with each breath in this scarred body. I do not wish for fame, to be a king remembered by fight. The truest legacy I could leave is the impact of life, how to live. I do what I must so that men and women my life with proper hearts. I forgo my own future to make even greater men and women."

With those parting words, Leon sunk past wool curtains to his large cot. The creak of metal and oak carried with the sigh of the tired man, it would be the last thing Angelus would hear from him before leaving.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum