A Vaccum filled with Hope and Despair [Arc/Plot/FOT]

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Gilles

Gilles
A-Tier
A-Tier

GIlles had made the rest of the way up without using her wings so that she could attempt to conserve her limited pool of magoi. As she was climbing she was caught up by the rest of the Order by the time they reached the top.

Once at the top the group would take a few seconds to take a breather, unaware that there were others heading to their exact location. They would take in their surroundings seeing the adobe made of stone. Gilles would grin and walk up to it with her sword sheathed still and would go to kick down the door in order to enter the premises.

magoi 165/180

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

It had been a rather noisy night. However, now, at the peak of the path they were to have climbed up, the brilliant sunrise was to meet the travelers once again. If the hikers were to stare out at the far distance, they may be able to see the desert that had lied before them. It could be even be noticed where the scrubland began. It was quite the sight to be frank. Angelus was surprised he had come this far, even from his home, his city he hailed from. If this is what the world had to offer him to explore, he could not help but want to travel further.

Yet, he could not distract himself with such nuisances that could impede his dream of uniting this continent. If he hoped to lead this land to the light, then he had to fight here, and continue to work diligently to bring the people together. Oh, and not only that, but he also had his enemies back home who wished to put a halt to his noble dream of an Empire of light.

In the sky flying high near the peak were creatures, but was this sky scraping mountain their home? It seemed to be so. It was to take a fair bit more of traveling to finally, at long last, reach the peak. How arduous this trek was, just to come here. Onto the destination that lied within view now. Upon this climb, Gilgamesh's hands were to be burnt a bit, but the man was to try and disregard the swelter of heat that beamed down on him and his friend. Once the traveler and his friend had came to the very peak, what they were to lay witness to was not what looked to be a foe but rather, what looked to be a residence? How peculiar.

It was then that Gilgamesh was to strike a glance at Zubaidah whom he imagined was as clueless as he was. It was then that he was to let the woman take the lead. Gilgamesh's face was far more of a menacing one, not so friendly. If a gentler face took the helm, perhaps they may be able to have a peaceful visit here. However, suddenly, an armed pale woman was to don a sword and try to kick down the door to enter the premises of the residence.

Gilgamesh: "I will leave this to you, Zubaidah. If you tell me to don my sword, then I shall."

Magoi: 330

Nerilla Samira [At Base]:

Gaaron [At Base]:

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Items:

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

As she followed Gilgamesh, Zubaidah noticed that her companion was staying silent. She was not too surprised, since he had never been boisterous, but she had hoped for some idle conversation. After all, she found climbing a mountain was quite the challenge, one which conversation might have made more bearable. In any case, however, she found enough amusement when she would catch sight of Rafi and Amnet below. They were certainly finding this climbing much more of a challenge than she was.

It was not much longer before they reached the mountain’s peak, the sun breaking past the cloud-covered sky. Indeed, where she had been cold from the windy altitudes, she was soon warmed and overheated in this sun-stained height. Looking over, she saw that her companion’ hands were burnt red from their usual milkiness, smiling slightly as he disregarded them - or pretended so. After all, Angelus was not someone who often broke from his stoic self-image; it was amusing that he was struggling just as Zubaidah was.

His words sobered her, however, remembering that this mountain could be enemy territory. She would not have time to consider their course of action before another woman stormed into the stone-made dwelling - something that Zubaidah had just noticed. As she watched Gilles, her lips pulled into a frown, for she had begun realising that this place was simply a house complex. She did not know how many people could be residing here, but she was certain that it was a more permanent residence than some enemy camp. Yes, it looked as though they had stumbled upon someone’s home.

And this newcomer had knocked down their front-door.
mag/mag | word/500 | stam/stam

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The morning was off to a hectic start filled with noises crashing as hard as the night before as Gilles had begun to bang wildly on the door of the home like a madman. At first, there was no response, and then there was a sudden noise before the door fell off its hinges from the force. It seemed the sound that had echoed was the breaking of locks and hinges as they scattered further away from the threshold.

Inside the home however was not a person, all there was to be found was an empty home that still felt freshly used. There was even food at the table as if someone had gotten up during dinner and just walked away for whatever reason. However, the home was not very large so Gilles would quickly and easily be able to look inside long enough to tell that there was indeed no one who was inside what was supposed to be the home of whoever was at the top of the building. Whether or not the others would've come to investigate the tension in their would rise until it was suddenly snapped like a weary desert traveler.

From the building that which purpose couldn't be easily discerned another door suddenly opened up violently and similar to how Gilles had busted down the front door. It was then that suddenly a figure came out covered in heavy wraps, with metal gloves, and a large mask made from a combination of metal, leather, and clay. They were only about 165 cm tall, however, they seemed stocky even underneath their heavy clothing. It seemed they were already aware of their guests as they raised a hand to all of them, something firmly within the grasp of their other hand.

"I'm glad you're all finally here." A muffled, yet obviously altered voice could be heard from behind the mask as they looked upon all of them, apprehensive as the rest as they seemingly made no move.

Gilles

Gilles
A-Tier
A-Tier

Gilles would notice that there was no one in the building. She would sigh once again and go to eat some of the food that had been left there. She would then activate her wings of flames using them to set the building she was in on fire. She would begin to laugh as she walked out joined by her comrades.

She would finally notice the two people that had made it up the mountain after her. She would raise her blade up to them about to take the offensive till she noticed that there was another figure wearing a mask. She would look at the masked figure grinning. She would use her wings to fly to the man as fast as she could. She would stop in front of the man as she swings her sword attempting to only slice the mask in half. "I am High Priestess Gilles of the Religious Order of the Flames Reach! I request that you and the other two announce who they are!"

155/180 magoi

Magic Item used:

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

As she watched, Zubaidah could only focus upon her soreness, rather than the action with Gilles. She reached inside her satchel and found her sleeping-mask within, six-sided star branded upon the fabric. As she poured magoi into them, she conjured a panther-like construct made from reddened ice, stretching herself along its back like a reclining princess.

‘We are indeed here, if ‘all’ means just ourselves.’ She stretched her legs towards the sun-tinged sky, yawning into her hand, ‘So what are we to talk about, uhh, sir or madam?’

Head of Command:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As they stood there and began to introduce themselves only Zubadiah and Gilles were able to make some sort of reaction before the figure was to continue on with what they were doing. When Gilles rushed forward they would find that their attack would soon find purchase. However, in what was likely seen as a surprise the mask would take the cut, it creating a large scar across it but it would not break it.

A loud, raspy laugh would emanate from behind their mask as they stumbled back, unable to control themselves from laughter at the moment. It was drawn out for a moment and they would look over at Gilles as they started to take off their mask. "Well, I appreciate the help in testing the sturdiness, but have you ever considered your tendency to rush into things that might be used against you one day."

It was an older man, skin weathered and dark like iron sand with cuts and dust that decorated his face. Although he was aged and experienced he still had a warm smile as he put the mask off to the side. His gray hair streaked through his beard and could be seen on his hair through his hat. With a moment to himself, he would set the mask aside and adjust his scarf so it was back over the top of his head to provide more shade from the sun. He would then take the time to look at them all briefly before he would soon open his mouth once again.

"Why yes, I've invited you all here, and my name is Bahadur." He would give them all a bow before standing straight to continue his speech. "And yes I do need to see only you three, for one specific reason, you are all relatively new to the power scene of the region and you're all done work to consolidate power or find control in the region for one reason or another."

He held his hands aloft like scales to weigh some invisible forces in his hands as his explanation continued on and on. "I've been here my entire life, using my knowledge and skills to guide figures to do their best for my people, those between Reim and Heliohapt, and those who aren't even remainders of the Parthevian bloodlines, for the unknown peoples, the suppressed, or the diverged, or the assimilated."

He seemed to be getting passionate for a moment before he would start coughing and would stop once again before finishing his sentiments with them. "And I know some of you support one group or another, or even your own ideals, but in you all I see a different potential to give various groups to shine, as I had with others although the environment hasn't been prime until now, so I ask will you become my newest students so that you may become versions of yourself you never expected to become, and to play your parts in this land that belongs to multiple for better or worse."

Bahadur:

Gilles

Gilles
A-Tier
A-Tier

Gilles would growl in frustration at this. She had a sword that was from ancient times and the edge still had not dulled so how was she unable to cut through the mask with it. She would think about that later, she was contemplating his offer at the moment.

She had already been trained by the experienced knights of the Sassan Kingdom but here he was offering to become something that she cannot see in herself. If this man was telling the truth then it would be worth it for her, and if not she would at least have fun.

"Please Teacher, i will gladly accept your offer but I request that you only teach me. I do not know these others but they are clearly not worthy of your teachings. Only I the High Priestess Gilles can be a worthy student."

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

It was a masked figure whom was to lay their mask aside. Quite dark skin he had which was weathered and adorned with cuts and dust. It seemed he was an older man with experience under his belt. Upon hearing this man out, the man whom had invited them here, Gilgamesh was to learn that he only wished to teach them. Yet, why was this other person here? Who is this pale masked preacher? Gilgamesh was not at ease just yet. However, the man was to keenly listen out to the man, and stand behind Zubaidah at guard. Gilgamesh was to reply to his request to become his student, his peculiar and unexpected request.

Gilgamesh: "Hmph.. your student? For what purpose? For us just to serve and lead these various peoples? Is that so? I say, you intrigue me, Bahadur. Hey, lady Zubaidah, what do you think?"

Nerilla Samira [At Base]:

Gaaron [At Base]:

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Items:

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

‘I am sure that you have lent your knowledge to many and others,’ She had returned his bow with a curt nod, for courtesy deserves due courtesy, but she did not view him favourably yet. ‘But why do you think that your knowledge can help us, no, help me?’ As she spoke, she turned towards her companion Gilgamesh, content to ignore the fanatical Gilles, and cast a curious glance his way, ‘Are you happy to simply become his student, Gil? To study under a man we know nothing about, never you mind if he has ties with the bandits who have infested my homeland.’

Her eyes smouldered like coal-fuelled flames, directing another pointed question at Bahadur’s throat,  ‘If you have lent your knowledge to them, then I have no need for your help. If not, then I will welcome whatever knowledge you might give. But hear me well: I am a lover of knowledge, but those who use it for unsavoury means,’ She cast her glare towards the pale-faced Gilles, ‘They are no friend, or teacher, of mine.’

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"I can understand your skepticism, all of yours in its various forms seen and unseen." He said as he would slowly walk away from them as he would move over to a rock setting down his equipment as he would let out a soft groan. "I hope you don't mind, as an old man every story can be felt as an ache in my body."

He would sit there for a moment stretching out his body as he attempted to relax before he would continue speaking. "First Zubadiah let me ask you a rhetorical question, who in all do you mean by those bandits?"

"Now, I assume you mean those who are terrorizing civilians simply scared in this time of war." He would start to raise his hands to the world around him. "and you said in your homeland, I know where you're from and there is more than the Parthevian culture here nowadays, and there was long before, and do you care about their people?"

It might've seemed like he was leading them and maybe he was somewhat, but the only intent with that would be to help them all understand why he had called them here and why he wished to teach them all. "Some people consider all of you bandits, in some way you have stolen, who's to say any of the houses you occupy don't belong to someone. However, I am not here to lecture you all right now, all I mean by this is that it feels like you are thinking about this in a limited capacity."

He would pull out a leather waterskin before taking a long and deep drink to give them all a moment to think about what he had to say. "I will not dodge your question though, I haven't willingly taught anyone with the intent to cause trouble to innocents, or give people the tools to create needless suffering. I only wish to grant wisdom to those who I believe who actually want to make a difference for the people in this land."

"I care about all the people here from sea to sea, from we border Reim and from where we see the edges of Heliohapt, and I wish for all our peoples to thrive however they can, whether you wish to help one group, or help everyone so we may reach peace if you wish for this I can offer you the knowledge to become your best selves." He would smile, a rather sincere and almost fatherly type smile. "I've offered this once to your mother's father before Zubadiah, I gave him wisdom, and you like the others here might like what I have to say, and if you're willing I will tell you all about the other forces at work in this land right now."

Gilles

Gilles
A-Tier
A-Tier

The Knight and High Priestess of the Flames would grin with excitement as she listens to what the man and the others said. She was not certain why the others would doubt and mistrust this teacher but Gilles didnt care. She was actually hoping that they would refuse so that Gilles could be the only one with power.

"I fully admire your noble intentions teacher. I myself have the same beliefs. I have created a religious order whose sole purpose is to spread the word of our god and to help those in need. So with your teachings and instruction I would definitely be able to help even more people." Now to the few that actually knew Gilles would doubt this, however she fully believed and meant everything she said. She did not believe she was corrupt or evil despite her true self. She fully believed that she was the chosen savior of this world to save them from the curse of fate and destiny.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

‘I need not state the obvious, sir,’ She had turned the heat down, but her amber eyes were not without fiery passion, ‘I talk about the bandits who make my people struggle to survive, let alone thrive.’ She looked Bahadur straight in his eyes, holding his gaze tight. ‘I shall not waste more time or breath upon this topic, however, since you have piqued my interest enough.’

Indeed, when she heard her family included in his matters, she soon changed topics. ‘You say that my grandfather requested your aid? How interesting. I know that he and my mother had a strained relationship, to say the least, ever since she decided that she would take my father’s family name.’ She turned her eyes skyward, stretching her arms once more and relaxing herself. ‘Yes, I would say that I am quite interested.’

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

He would stare at them all, and although Angelus was silent he had taken his actions from earlier and the silence as a form of passive acceptance. With a soft nod to himself, he turned away and looked out to the world around them as he would start to speak to them all. "I never got the chance to meet your mother, if she's anything like you I'm sure that she's wonderful and proud to have a daughter that fights for her people, and the others even if her pride is a bit high."

" However, I think you're a great potential, as I do the rest of you for different reasons." He turned around with a soft smile and pulled a pipe from his pocket, stuffing it before putting it in his mouth with a light puff. "I will tell you what I promised, and more."

"In these lands, there are four major groups that have been taking advantage of the power vacuum we find this continent on, some are entirely from here and others are from the Dark Continent, wanting to disengage from the main conflict."
His words were punctuated with smoke rings, slowly expanding and fading into the sunlight. "The Blood Camels, The Horned Parthevian Toads, The Dasat Shar, and finally the Khat Ankh."

He would pause only for a moment so he could see their reactions as he took another deep toke on his pipe before he would elaborate on each group. "You might've met them all but let me give you a brief summary, The Blood Camels were once a clan of bellicose nomads, but since things started to drop they've grown more aggressive and larger by attracting people looking for power, and while power is good, I believe they are going down an incredibly dark path and their Qayid, Layla, doesn't seem to be helping as she orders more and more raids."

"Next, The Parthy toads, as their name suggests they are people who consider themselves Parthevian in culture, and for the most part they are." As he spoke he was drawing in the sand, drawing the symbols of each group as he spoke about them. "They've started taking in refugees however in their villages due to the kindness of their Pedar, Natakas, and while they've done some banditry themselves it's mostly been against abandoned noble homes, which isn't surprising, you don't really need a vacation home when you're dead or in war."

"As for the Dasat Shar there isn't too much to say from them, they're a tribe comprised of half-fanalis said to descend from a self-liberated caravan." He spoke nonchalantly of these people and their stories as if he had done it before, or as if this sort of stuff was what he had done all his life. "They've mostly been operating by stopping smaller hostile groups, but after the Blood Camels stole some of their tribe their elder Khan went to fight and was killed, His daughter Azar is the new Shar Khan, and it definitely seems that she is riled up. They do accept allies but to truly join them means becoming one of the family."

"Now I'm disappointed to say that I only know so much about the final group, Khat Ankh is by far infantile in age in comparison to the other groups. However, they are by no means weak as while I don't know what they stand for I know they've quickly adopted a military structure with two big names at their head, The Dread Pirate Zurafa, and her friend The Sunlight Seer, Malachai Aten-Ra." As he finished explaining the brief summaries of each group he would hold out his hands as if he were presenting them with it all.

It would likely be quiet for a moment, and as his lips started to curl into a smile it was clear that there was something else he had wanted to say to them all. It might've been odd to see this sudden giddiness in the man, but he wasn't about to let them wait for long to hear what he had to say. He would quickly stand up and walk over to the room he was in before turning to speak with them once again. "Now I believe I should explain the gifts you have obtained."

"I've been watching a lot of the people operating here, and anyone who I thought has some sort of potential was given a few tests." He would suddenly pull a brooch from his pocket, a gilded antelope with eyes made from emeralds. "I made these and distributed them, and the first test was to obtain one of these in various ways. The second was to prove your worth, and that was what earned you all your invitations, the others might be ready someday, but for now, I believe you all to be special."

"So I have given each of you a map, it's that blank scroll, and it will only work if you read it under the moonlight. Next, those brooches are more than they seem, but I won't be able to finish them until I get the final material for each of your individual ones. There is no time limit, and there is no rush, all I ask is that go where your map leads, bring back the material it leads you to and I will give you a gift that exemplifies you." He would flip his brooch into the air, catching it and putting it in his pocket before he would pull out a satchel of metal from behind the anvil in the room he came from. "I will answer any more questions as you leave, but if you don't mind I will get to work as I do, and any of you are welcome back here for coffee, or conversation whenever you wish."

The Blood Camels:

The Horned Parthevian Toads:

Deset Shar:

Khat Ankh:

You have all been given a special job to be completed to earn a special gift. Once you've all posted your exit posts
you will all receive your jobs to complete any time you wish. If there is any group you wish to plot further with you can do so in the event if you run across them, or request plot with them. Unlike others who will have to earn plot with them you've all earned place with them and will have the options to pursue plot with any of the groups at request.

Gilles

Gilles
A-Tier
A-Tier

Gilles would grin as she listened to the man mention the 4 main groups of the non aligned side in this dysfunctional little country. She had noticed that at least the other woman seemed interested in this man and his teaching as well. She and that man could be trouble later but that is then and this is the now.

As the teacher listed the groups she would take interest in all of them but specifically the blood camels and the Khat Ankh. They were the more chaotic ones that were mentioned and she actually had run ins with the Camels before and knew them to be a strong force to be with. She was also interested in the tribe of fanalis but if she chooses the camels that would not be possible due to the two groups history. Then there was the pirates, which seemed to be little of knowledge info wise so she would have to research them later. Then the Parthy toads which she had met and helped before so maybe she could get them to join her own faction soon.

She would lean up and kiss both of the man's cheeks before turning around to climb back down the mountain. SHe had a lot of work to do.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

As she lounged upon her construct, Zubaidah had her interest piqued with mention of the Parthevian Toads. She had helped them before, but she had been uncertain whether they were the same Toads with whom her mother was closely associated. She smiled a little, sharing a glance with Rafi, before listening to Bahadur’s other groups.

If she was being honest? She did not trust the ones he had mentioned, not since her encounter with the Blood Camels. She was certain that these others were taking advantage of her homeland, preying upon the under-protected land.

In either case, however, she was curious how Bahadur had connections with them all and, more importantly, her grandfather. ‘I think that you bring a good enough proposal,’ She looked between him and his scroll, feeling her own within her satchel, but she was not done with him, ‘ But if you find yourself wandering round my area of Parthevia, we shall have much to discuss.’

‘After all, my grandfather was disowned from the Bin Atta name.’

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum