You are not connected. Please login or register

Helping a Friend[Chain/Higan]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Helping a Friend[Chain/Higan] Empty Helping a Friend[Chain/Higan] 12/04/21, 07:57 pm

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job:

Julius entered the Kingdom of Jynx, in fear of an oncoming war, and to help aid his friend to gather a bit more Land the Skeletal Lord agreed to do a few missions to help out. Today he and another named Higan would venture out together along the border to scout the area for anything that shouldn't be out there.

Julius was free to be himself here without odd looks or stares. This was truly the kingdom of Dungeon Beast. It wasn't that he didn't show himself to other out of fear of how they would react to him, but because it would draw too much attention when he didn't want it. He was all about being known for his actions, and doing what it was he indeed does, but there was a time for the theatrical appearance of a Skeleton man, and the unknown face behind a suit of armor and a Mask.

When all was said and done it was just nice to enjoy the nice fabrics of his real clothing once moreover everything else.  This would not stop him tho from wearing his boots, with the dragon upon them, the sealed form of his Dark Metal Vessel and his Deceased God Fang and Devil's punishment, his traditional Kina blades.\

WC 212

Higanbana

Higanbana
C-Tier
C-Tier

Higan would stretch herself as she moved both of her hands up while yawning in the process. Today she was walking with Julius, the skeleton man. Well, being a cat-like creature herself, made her not really surprise to find out that there was a creature like him… but… BUT! A country full of creatures like them? Those wretched Morihana were going to had their jaw dropped when they visit this country…that… if this kingdom survived the storm. She wondered how she got caught in this kind of thing again to be honest. The only thing she remembered was her gained freedom from being caged and then those stuffs in Kina between that corrupted kingdom and those foreigners and now… she was with some of those foreigners. But it was her chance to see the world, so why not?

“Heeey, Gashadokurooo.” She would call the skeleton man with the nickname she had in mind, a creature from the myth that fitted his appearance. Well, being caged for years didn’t mean she had nothing stored within her brain, in fact, she read a lot of books brought by her beast and she would burn them to avoid suspicion after she read them. “We just need to patrol and return? We can’t kill anything?” Her tone sounded like a nagging child, but then again her appearance looked childish enough compared to her actual age due to the lack of nutrition within her body. One might think that Julius was bringing a child along with himself at the moment…

WC: 255/500

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Julius looked upon the small cat-like woman, so petite and fragile-looking, though he was sure a walking bone man did not look all that powerful either. She had given him a Nickname, he disliked it as nicknames were often shorter names for one you knew. Not only was the name longer than his name, but she also did not know him on such a level.  Thoughts swayed through his mind as he couldn't think of anything else brought crushing her windpipe with his magic as he called him such a thing, but on the outside, he was calm and relaxed.  Darkness had slowly made him more violent, and quick-acting to fighting or actions of harm than beforehand.  Control, practicing it was the only thing that kept him from becoming the monster he could be.  

"Kill what exactly?" Asking as he stopped to turn to her, his hand guiding her eyes and motioning to the vast amount of sand around them.   "We are not at war, there is no one around for us to kill. Though I'd wager we won't be far from it. Indeed Miss Higan, that very thought, and need will serve you well in the future. " The Skeletal Lord scanned around once more searching eagerly for something that was off-putting or not suppose to be there. He even looked over things that should be there but perhaps were too perfect.  With nothing popping out to him, he looked back to the small child-like woman.   " We should get moving, I starting to feel like the sand is grinding away at me. "  With that said he'd look about one final time before keeping his patrol up, returning only once they had scanned and looked over the border on this side ensuring nothing was out there yet.  

WC:296+212=508
Job 1 Done

Higanbana

Higanbana
C-Tier
C-Tier

Now that Higan noticed it after several time saying the nickname she gave to Julius... the man never made a comment about it. He was kind of ignoring it. But he had nothing but a skull attached on his neck, it was hard to see his expression...well, obviously. However, here come the nagging for the whimsical words she spouted from her mouth earlier. "I understand." The white haired girl replied with a playful tone, "I was just kidding! But blergh... please don't call me Miss, it makes me want to puke." She would playfully gave a fake vomit gesture while following the man.

So far Julius had been a very interesting one, there was a hint of nobility, but there was anger hinted within each and every words he said.

Her eyes would continue to scan her surrounding though, thinking she might as well do the job to patrol the area. It might not take a lot of her time anyways, but well, she had all the time in the world now that she had received her freedom. The catgirl would also take her time to check every area that need to be checked and sent out her beast as well to patrol the area, but there was nothing. It seemed like Julius had found nothing as well when he began to talk to her again. "Okay~." Higan would answer as she walk beside the man to return to the old shack. She would then report what she saw after Julius did before calling it a day.

WC: 500/500

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Part Two

The pair would return to the man who had sent them out to patrol the borders. Upon Returning  Julius would begin his debrief, his tone cold and stern as if he was attempting to let everyone know how deadbeat boring the task had been and how the sand annoyed him so much. "There was nothing out there but the hot air that felt as if it game from Jynx's dragon itself, and the crude remains of earth that is as small as salt, which I could only fathom its purpose in existence is to break everything down that it touches until it too is just sand. I swear it, a day will come when the sand will be the next thing we all gather to fight. Such a disquieting and non-needed element. Despite his words Julius knew there were many functions and uses for the sand, he just didn't realize how annoying it would be to feel the bits between his bone joints that seemed to be bound by magic alone.  If he were to think about it, his existence made little to no sense without the simple explanation of 'Magic'.

Once the debrief was over the shady figure tasked Higan and Julius to bring a package to another shack along the border, the instructions were as simple as leaving it there. No one would be there to expect it or claim it. The task was to just leave it and come back. So Julius took the package and the bag to carry it and slung it over his shoulder. He was certain that if they were to come under attack it would be best for him to have the package with him versus Higan. She might have been a fast woman, but no one could match his Zoran's step.  

ensuring they had all they needed Julius looked to Higan, his bone blank face would be holding a smile if it could manage, however, it could not. "I suppose we should head out then. With that said they did just that and ventured back out into the damming sands. It would become dark soon, probably by the time they would make it to the next shack.

"So tell me Miss Higan, how did a Lady like yourself find her way to the side of a Skeletal Lord Like myself? I would be most eager to hear that tail as we walked to this next shack. Julius said speaking with an interesting and eager tone to his voice. She seemed so young, so ill, as boney as himself even. The magician could not help but wonder how she remained so small even still, she was free after all, or was she? he'd wait to hear her story before making an assessment if was still belonging to another person. Slavery discussed him, in most ways. Slavery to repay debt or even as a jail sentence for some time seemed logical, but only if they were still treated as equals, they simply had to work off the debt or crime they committed but should still be given respect and treated like any human.

WC: 520/500

Higanbana

Higanbana
C-Tier
C-Tier

Higan was amused as she saw the skeleton guy didn't hold back, at all. Every words spoken from his invisible lips were coated with venom, sprinkled with thousand pieces of tiny, deadly blades. The catgirl tried to hold back her laughter, but despite of her effort, a 'pfft' sound still came from her lips and if Julius decided to glare at her because of that, she would give him a 'teehee' look and let out an inaudible 'I'm sorry' words. It was not every day she could find someone as amusing as this magician and Higanbana didn't want the fun to be ended, yet.

It seemed that they had gained trust from the shady figure and he entrusted them with another task, which was to deliver something together. What made the task seemed shadier was the fact that they should just leave the package on the destination without no one coming to meet them. But oh well, what was the worse thing that could happen? Besides, Julius seemed pretty capable. She knew that she could fight but her body was not made for an intense physical fighting, hence the reason why she haven't actually tried to do anything that would provoke other people. Although she knew that Koinu would be more than enough to do the 'job'.

And she would thank the Kami, sarcastically, when Julius decided that he would carry the package instead of her. It was not a proud moment for the white haired girl, but if they want the package to be safe then she was not the right person to carry it. "Alrighty, lead the way, Gashadokuro." She would still use the nickname, wondering how long it would take for him to be angry at her and tell her to not call him that anymore. Or he might like it secretly? Well, who knew!

The girl would make another disgusted expression when Julius call her formally... and even went as far as calling her a lady. "Urgh, no no, please don't call me those. Being born in a part of a noble family doesn't immediately make me a noble as well." She would walk beside the man, wondering why he would be interested to know about her background. But then again, this was her chance to practice her social skill. She didn't get a lot of chances to speak with other people during her time being imprisoned in a cage.

"Hmmm... I guess because you guys are friends with master? But I would say that your appearance is a big factor for me to hang out with you. Your skeleton look makes me think about this giant skeleton youkai from this story book, Gashadokuro." The girl would say as she kept walking, her voice would sound very cheerful, like an excited child who was explaining about something. "Besides... we are quite similar. You are a skeleton. I am a humanoid cat. So maybe I was drawn to the fact that we are both monsters? I know I am weird, hahahaa. That is what years of confinement did to my head, I guess."

When they had arrived to the next shack, Higan would halt her step, "Is this the right place?" She would ask Julius before helping him to take the package from his bag, then she would leave the package at the shack. "Now what?"

WC: 568/500

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job Three

The Duo made it to the Shack, with the aid of Higan, they unloaded the package. Julius took a  look around lifting his hand above his head as he scanned the shack. The magic circle on his right palm would glow briefly before he used heat magic to produce a small flame to act like a torch to shine some light into the shack. It seemed empty, empty enough he supposed for a secret drop-off.  Julius could not shake the feeling of something watching the two of them, well he supposes the three of them with the woman’s pet. How funny it was to him, a slave with a beast slave. Ironic if anything in his mind.

She mentioned master, and that he knew them, he guessed she referred to Overlord Lagi and himself.  Her master must have been Lord Eight, which would make sense now.  She had also stated she had gotten his nickname from a tail of some sort. She was intrigued with his look, that he was a skeleton. He found this humorous now that they were in the Nation of Dungeon Beast. There would be more like them than ever before.   “Lady Higan, I’d like to make this known. I Know on the way here I voiced my opinion on slavery and how I detest it. When I saw Lord Eight with one back in Kina, I had to hide my rage from him very well, back then I was human so my facial feature was shown.  To be frank with you Lady Higan, every fiber within my being raged out to kill him right then and there. Though I knew he was useful to me alive instead of dead. “  For now anyway, he thought to himself.  

He knew him using a title and being formal with her sent her an off-putting vibe, but it was his payback for the nickname, but also he thought everyone deserves to have a title, it was a respectable thing to have and forced everyone to be on equal terms making not a soul feel higher or lesser than another.

From the Shadows out came the shady figure, he took the package and this time tasked them to head to the yup you guessed it border yet again. Perhaps it was another side of the border perhaps a new place, though Julius had an odd feeling that it would just look the exact same as any place that would be the border, though perhaps not. After all, this was the former Captial, and though it had been destroyed during Lagi’s fight there were still other cities not too far away and the chances of doing something not so damn boring would occur.  

Apparently, they were to find some green mineral that grew out there for their ‘gift’ as the man put it. Julius looked back over to Higan and let out an annoying sigh letting the flame flicker out from his hand.   “Let us get going Lady Higan.” After letting out the annoyed-toned sentence he would lead the way before looking back at the shady figure. Rage wrecked the mind of the Avatar of Kina.  Beating it down choosing not to yet unleash it but to save it for another time they started to venture out towards the border.  After a while of walking, he could feel his bones start to get cold, the sun was nearly down and the dark would soon consume the sky. He was not sure how the moon looked in the dessert but he was eager to see.  The Dusk time was nice, it was cool but not freezing but it brought dangers with it. Poison and venomous creatures would start to come out and hunt for their food.

“Stay close and bring your pet close too, who knows what large beast feast at night. Not that I don’t think you’re not capable of defending yourself. I simply wish to make sure nothing happens to you.

They traveled a bit longer, his head swiveled checking around them every few seconds ensuring they would not be attacked without notice.  It really felt like hours had passed when they finally came upon the border. Several more moments passed until they came upon a small vein of the green minerals.    

Magoi would flow through out his body, a faint purple outline making a trim around him, his word commanded the Ruhk as he spoke to them. “Acsend.” The figure lifted off the ground at A tier flight speeds. His body went 30 meters into the air as he looked down to the green mineral.  The gaze he had shifted to the woman and her pet. “I would move Lady Higan.” He yelled down to her, his voice leaving an echo of concern.  He wouldn’t wait long for her to move however, he didn’t like her THAT much to do much more than give her a warning. In his mind, she was lucky to get that much.  The next time his words come out they were soft, but held command and drive behind them.   “Lightning Serpent.” The command to the ruhk came out as he held his left hand don towards the green mineral.

Julius scaled his lighting attack  allowing his magoi to feed it even more allowing the spell to gain two more serpents for a total of three. Lightning danced over his left arm before it  send out three massive Serpants of Lightning came out his left, each spread out from eachother rattleing the ground with the violent lightning hitting it with enough force to open the ground up blowing back the sand exposing more of the mineral and breaking it away from the earth allowing it to be picked up easily. His body lowered back to the ground before looking back to the woman. “Let’s get this back.”

Julius began to place the mineral intot he same bag he used before for the package. After gathering enough he would head back to the shack to deliver it to the shady figure.

Spells Used:
WC:1,006/500
Magoi 270/360
Stamina 80/80

Higanbana

Higanbana
C-Tier
C-Tier

Higanbana would snicker when she listened to what Julius had to say, it was amusing that this man want to kill Hyperion. But perhaps all beings were similar after all...your value would be determined based on your usefulness. The catgirl agreed with that, why not? She was raised with that kind of ideal, where being born as a female had already proven the value that she had in the eyes of her family. Those things that they did to her so she could be useful only to treat her like a pest. It was okay, she loved it, she used it to fuel her hatred more, to lit up her desire to destroy them more, the entire country, the world.

But ahem! She would giggle and gave her own respond to Julius, finally accepting her fate with the title given by the man even though she hated it. But it was a fair trade with the nickname she had given to him. "He technically was my prince charming when he freed me from the cage, you know? But even someone like me know that he thought I was useful to him. I will try to be useful for you too though." The white haired girl stuck her tongue out playfully, acting like a trashy cute girl on purpose.

When another shady figure appeared and gave them another order, the girl would only tilt her head and stare, giving a piercing gaze towards the mysterious person. But she got to stop her observation when Julius said it was the time for them to go. "Psssh, then I will return the favor as soon as I can." Higan would reply to the man, she was taken aback for a bit when she heard he wished to make sure nothing happened to her, but even like that, words had an empty meaning. "You hear him, Koinu, stay close to me." The floating dog would keep his distance close to his companion while still being on guard, he could tell that danger would be lurking in this time of a day.

"Is this the thing?" Higan would ask Julius when they spotted the green mineral. Well it would be easy for Koinu to dig it out actually but this skeleton man wanted to do the job. So when he floated and gave her a warning, the catgirl would waste no time and she would move away, far enough from the skill that Julius was about to use. "Well yeah you are really powerful, but you don't have to show off." The girl would say to the man after he finished with his lightning show while she started to take some of the green minerals and hand it to Julius so he could put it in his bag.

"You know, seeing you using spells like that makes you look like Kina's deity, we call him, Kaminari-sama." The girl would lift both of her arms up, stretching herself up like she did the entire job. Then she would walk beside Julius and giggled, "But I guess, thank you for warning me, I appreciate it."

By the time they delivered the green mineral, Higanbana would only stare at the shady figure, wondering if he would give them another job.

WC: 546/500

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Lady Higan mentioned he reminded her of Kaminari-sama, as they called this deity. Julius grinned before a chuckle left his bone-ripped body. "Perhaps this is why I was dubbed the Avatar of Kawachi-no-Kami, though to be quite frank Lady Higan, I haven't a clue what that means. I was assured it was one of the highest Honors one could receive.  I assume they will welcome me back when I return with welcoming arms. In any case they had collected the items required for whatever the shadowy figure needed. After returning to the shack and giving the man the gems, he seemed pleased, entirely pleased.   The figure took the gems and mentioned he needed them to make the duo something as they could be trusted to help Tartarus in full. The task seemed odd sense Julius and Lagi, that's right, Lagi, not Jynx had become friends and partners. They knew each other's secrets, and now they would build a new world.  Julius would let out a sigh of annoyance before he moved on. "Very well."

The man moved closer to the rear of the shack, as he did it seemed they had awoken something. A Growl of anger erupted from the shack as a small creature came out with its teeth-baring, they seemed to be sharp like someone took a file to them.  Its sink like a sickly green color, its ears just as pointed as its teeth.  The thing that stuck out the most about it was the feet that seemed twice the size needed for its body at the least.   Oh for Solomon's sake, he thought, of course, something would happen when he was almost done with this feeble task to gain some sort of trust to help his friend.

The creature seemed to spoke the figure, he beckoned them to hold it off or kill it so he could make the items they needed.  Julius looked to LadyHigan, perhaps she would want to handle the creature on her own, or maybe he did not.   There was only one sure way to know as the creature lunged at Julius using its Rabid Bite  Julius only lifted his arm letting the teeth sink into his arm for D tier damage. His bones were more than durable to handle such a weak attack. Slinging his arm to the side he attempted to shake the creature from his arm.  It would not budge as he lacked the natural strength to do just that.  

There were several spells he could use here,  he could even draw one of his blades and stab the thing in the head but instead, he turned to Lady Higan. "Well Lady Higan, do you and your pet care to have a bit of the fun this time around?"  He would give her a few seconds to come to terms with what her choices were. If Higans choose not to act or took too long then Julius would draw his Devil's Punishment and stab the goblin between the eyes dealing with the goblin, but only if she did not.   When all was settled the man came back with a set of earing saying that they would protect them from the radiation of Tartarus. Though Julius laughed, he was already a dungeon beast.

543/500

10Helping a Friend[Chain/Higan] Empty Re: Helping a Friend[Chain/Higan] 12/05/21, 01:14 pm

Higanbana

Higanbana
C-Tier
C-Tier

"You were bestowed a title and you don't even know what it means?" Higanbana would begin to giggle and soon her laugh would be louder, she couldn't believe that this guy just accepted a title given by those hypocrites within Kina's empire and he didn't even know the meaning behind the title. "I am sorry for laughing, Julius. This is funny, you are a funny guy! But..." The girl would pause herself and sighed, "Since I was still confined, I don't really know what happened during that incident. I just know that you and other foreigners were being dragged into some kind of a shithole. I feel quite disappointed that not many people die there." Higan would talk about the Kina's incident innocently, voicing her own desire. Well, she hated her country, especially her family and those clans.

The catgirl stick out her tongue, annoyed that she had to wait. But when Julius gave his answer even though she noticed that he too, was annoyed, the white haired girl would stop her complain. So far the missions had been boring and to be honest, she didn't really feel like doing all of that... Julius' company was the only thing that help her to stay motivated to do the jobs, well, he had displayed a rather amusing sides after all.

But when a creature came out from the shack, Higanbana grinned, she looked like a child that just discovered a new toy. She would take a good look on the creature, fascinated by how it looked like. She wondered if she could fight it, she knew she could. Oh but the skeleton man might not let her to handle that creature...and that felt annoying. When the monster jumped and attacked Julius, the girl would stay still, her eyes would be observing the creature's movements, just like a cat who was watching its prey.

Higanbana's eyes would lighten up the moment Julius asked if she and Koinu wanted to have fun this time. "Yes!" She would answer loudly before letting out 3 high pitched whistles. Upon hearing the command, Koinu would use his Kamitsuku skill, crunching the goblin's neck with his sharp fangs and dealing D-tier damage alongside with D-tier paranoia if the goblin didn't die after the attack. Then Higan would run closer and with her hand, she would give the goblin a good punch that would deal C-tier basic damage.

"Finally, it feels nice to be able to unleash after all this time!" The girl would laugh and jump around before stopping herself. She would then approach Julius and give him a playful smile, "Let me tell you, Kawachi no Kami is a God of Plague." Higan would take a step back as her eyes gazed right towards Julius' "I am not sure why they assure you that it is one of the highest Honors one could receive, but hey, they probably think you are dangerous. But I would say that it fits you, although the nickname I gave to you is more suitable." She would stick her tongue to the man before she turn her back to take the earrings.

WC: 500+/500
Magoi: 40/40
Stamina: 150/160

Skill & Beast:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum