You are not connected. Please login or register

Dalia's Birthday Beach Episode [NO KILLING/OPEN]

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Eight had found out earlier in the year through their passing conversations that Dalia's birthday was soon. He wanted to make the day special for her, while doing something that might let him meet more of the foreigners that had visited Kina. The slaver had sent out invites to the outposts on Mt. Raiji, as well as posters on message boards about a party at the sandy beaches of Bosutawa Islands. Their villages and private beaches were perfect with amazing weather, serene sands and a mix of waves and calm water that let people enjoy whatever they prefer.

Eight had brought his assistants from the Kogata clan to help with the event along side the mercenaries he had hired at the start of the trip to protect Dalia. The four were toiling away. Leona was on a large carpet with tons of perfectly spherical watermelons and a hammer equal to her in size. Diana was managing a sizeable food stall with a variety of food, all sorts of skewers were roasting, from grilled chicken to takoyaki. Beside that, there was plenty of shaved ice with all sorts of flavoring and even some variety of ice cream.

Naruto and Sasuke were passing a volleyball over a pitched net, building up a sweat. They were dressed in just swimming trunks, enjoying the sun and there was a wooden table beneath a tent with male and female sets of beachwear, in all sorts of varieties. There were multiple parasols and a pair of beach chairs for each parasol. There were attendants for each station who were serving the guests that would show up, offering them whatever they needed to enjoy the weather

Eight placed a large standing sign in front of a 3 foot tall plateau of sand, stating "Gifts" and in the center, Eight put down a sealed letter with a bag of huang in the center as his gift to her. He looked pretty proud at everything going on and waited to see who else would show up to the event. He would go to Diana and get a skewer of Takoyaki, dressed in jet black swim trunks and wooden sandals only.

Dalia Fedcono

Dalia Fedcono
A-Tier
A-Tier

Dalia had had her own plans for today but 8 had made surprise party plans for her birthday so she figured she might as well find a way to merge the two… and she did. She also had made sure Toh had plenty of posters up about the party… Okay yeah she didn’t know the girl all too well but she really wanted to run into Menat again to get to know her more okay? There was just something about her that made her enjoy being around her. Whether it be magic or some other foul play she liked being around her and thought about her alot. And honestly? She wasn’t actually mad about it. The party was a beach one and it had been a long while since she had been to a good beach so she was honestly a little excited.

She had her shoulder blade length red hair down with some braids and jewelry rings in it, her red eyes that she had been keeping on the down low from 8 since she got them were out and shined like red ruby’s in the light, while her hair looked like burning flames. She had on a dragon style cuff ear ing on her ear and a black choker on per usual. She had on a cloth top that was like a bikini in coverage with only one strap coming off the front going over one shoulder.

She had on a purple hip scarf that went down to her calves having the opening on one side of her and it covering the back of her  she having on short short trunks on under that, and her usual cuffs on her ankle, that and the shoulder armor with the scarf attachment on it to keep her scared arm mover covered. She had gone shopping for the outfit the day she learned it was a beach party. Under her hip scarf was the shard she planned to crush today when the time was right. For now though was out of sight and safe. She had brought Daichi with her but he had been distant from her since her change.

He was likely looking for 8’s ninja to hang out with by this point. She held her hands behind her back as she felt the sand brush up against her skin in the wind her hair gently blowing off to the side of her as she stood in the  water letting the waves crash against her legs for a while closing her eyes for a moment or so taking in the sell of the waters enjoying the moment letting herself fall into it ignoring everything else in the world  letting herself just be in the environment taking in a deep breath and opened her eyes smiling the fanged smile she had now before tucking her hair from her face behind her ear turning to face where the people would be for the party looking about.

What personality today…? Should she be the angry child 8 expected of her? Should she act professional in case someone important showed up…? Or be herself and only herself for the day…? Choices choices… She pondered looking at 8 from afar. She wondered how he’d react to her eyes. She had walked in with fake eyes that looked like her old ones and same for her teeth but gave that up fast figuring it was a waste of energy she didn’t feel like expending today of all days.

Items Brought:

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

It was quite the joyous day today, Lagi also wanted to help to make sure that Dalia had as much fun as possible. For starters, he brought quite a bit of wine, lots and lots of premium El Ragu for the masses to enjoy. The percentage of the alcohol content was about 30%, so they had to drink in moderation in order to have some control over themselves. While that was going on, Lagi wanted to create a different kind of present for Dalia. Something worth seeing, a spectacular presentation.

"A garden set for her to enjoy while in Kina...."

It was something that was made for Dalia, everyone could enjoy the view as well. With some of his spriggan contacts and the fact that Longzufu can dig them up and place them easily, this was something within Lagi's power to create.

An unkempt patch of moss-covered grass is surrounded by various hedges and flower bushes. A lone, wide boulder sits to the right, and on top of it stands an artsy globe. The flowers and plants are growing strong and proud, the garden provides everything they need; they're home to all sorts of life. The hedges and flower bushes reached 6ft, but doesn't usually grow this tall without the help of the dungeon beast race that assisted him. A single path, marked with round stones, curls around the garden, beckoning people to explore the garden, and showing them the best sights at the same time. Grass, roots, and vines have already begun to crawl their way over and around the garden, eager to claim all pieces of land.

The ornamental boulder is for all intents and purposes the centerpiece of this garden, and therefore the most appealing part. The flowers and plants often look fantastic, and the hedges and flower bushes can't be denied their share of the attention, but the attention is always drawn to the ornamental boulder. Longzufu helped with it, resulting in a sparkling green inorganic crystal ball.

"Well, I hope she likes it...."

There were maybe five or six dungeon beasts there, but they needed to be there. It was Lagi's will to show support for the coming of age for Dalia, especially since she became a vampire. For now, he stayed off the sire bond and let Dalia do her thing.

Altan Bey

Altan Bey
β-Tier
β-Tier

It was amusing to see Eight hosted Dalia's birthday, perhaps he did think that the little girl was a precious companion of his after all. The redhead sighed though, she was not sure if she was welcomed in this 'party', but it would be rude if she didn't come. At least that little girl had the right to get a good birthday party since she was being so far away from her family, so the archer thought she should just stay. To be honest, she always thought that she was a mountain person due to her growing up with the scent of grass fields instead of the sea, but Altan felt okay being near it, she found the sound of the waves relaxing too. The redhead would look on the small box on her palm though, the present she prepared for the girl. It didn't take her too long to choose what she should give to Dalia actually, but she could only hope that the birthday girl like it enough to not throw it away.

Inside the box, it was a pair of earrings and a choker. There was no meaning behind the gift she prepared, just thought that it would be nice if Dalia had a lot of options for her accessories, those elders always told her that girls usually love to have a lot of accessories to be worn... Well, not her, she only preferred that earrings she usually wore and nothing else, really.

Well, she felt a little bit awkward wearing her two piece actually, it showed too much skin and Altan admitted she felt very exposed. But she could only sigh and be confident while wearing it, she would feel out of the place if she kept wearing her usual clothing that obviously didn't match the vibe of the beach. With her straw hats protecting her from the heat and the striped mint colored bikini, the redhead set out to get a shaved ice and waited until the event get started so she can give the present to Dalia.

Dalia's Birthday Beach Episode [NO KILLING/OPEN] 402aa3e57e6d770ac13ea2005fdd8e5f

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Eight knew what he had to do for his apprentice. He couldn't bring himself to truly teach her what it meant to be a slaver. As a rift grew between them, the emotionally unavailable slaver would take care of her in the only way he knew how. By releasing her from his side. Under his wing she grew in safety, but to the man who would work with humans, day in and day out, could tell her eyes were different. They had been exposed to the world and more, what she needed now was to experience the world on her own two feet. 

When Eight would find a moment where Dalia was by herself, he would hold something small in his hand. "Happy birthday, Dalia." His tone was heavy, mismatching his enormous smile. Raising his hand right before her, palm down, assuming she would put her hands out before her to receive the gift. He would place a small key in her palm. "I didn't know what to get you for your birthday, so I wanted to give you your freedom. You don't owe me anything." 

Wrapped around the key was a small note, probably a happy birthday letter. With an empty smile, he put his hand on her vermillion locks, "You are so short... and adorable. Look at you. You cute, little... puppet?" A sigh escaped from the confines of his lips, putting on a brave face, which grew stern. Eight would not give her a choice in the matter of her freedom, but he wanted this day to be memorable for everyone. "What do you want to do, Dalia?"

Dalia's Birthday Beach Episode [NO KILLING/OPEN] 4oD5QtJ
Name: Skeleton Key
Tier: B
Type: Magic Tool
Magic Type: Illusion (Light + Sound)
Appearance: A small, brass key that is useless as an actual key except for the most basic of locks. A length of 15CM, and a small flourish at the head and a single square tooth of 2CM. The magic circle is located on the tooth.
Function:

• Fit Any Hand - By infusing magoi into the tool, it can create an illusory weapon or mundane object up to 2M long, with the key as its handle. This created weapon can interact with material objects, the weapon deal up to B-tier damage.  10 Magoi to activate | 5 Magoi to sustain.

Code:
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/4oD5QtJ.jpg[/img][/center]
[b]Name:[/b] Skeleton Key
[b]Tier:[/b] B
[b]Type:[/b] Magic Tool
[b]Magic Type:[/b] Illusion (Light + Sound)
[b]Appearance:[/b] A small, brass key that is useless as an actual key except for the most basic of locks. A length of 15CM, and a small flourish at the head and a single square tooth of 2CM. The magic circle is located on the tooth.
[b]Function:[/b]
[list]
[*][b]Fit Any Hand[/b] - By infusing magoi into the tool, it can create an illusory weapon or mundane object up to 2M long, with the key as its handle. This created weapon can interact with material objects, the weapon deal up to B-tier damage.  10 Magoi to activate | 5 Magoi to sustain.
[/list]

Dalia Fedcono

Dalia Fedcono
A-Tier
A-Tier

Dalia looked over seeing Lagi making her face light up was that wine?! Was she allowed to drink that?! Her mother always said she could if she had permission but not without. And there was- She dropped her jaw running over  and into the garden running around inside it. “Oh! My! Solomon!!!! Uncle Jyyyyynx!” She didn’t even care if she said it out loud this time her silly name for the man, she was too busy checking out the garden hopping up on the rock the best she could and places her hands on the globe and took a deep breath in before pressing her mouth on it and blowing out puffing up her cheeks making her teeth show on the other end as distorted and large before she pulled away with a giggle wiping it off and hopping down walking over to Lagi. “It’s amazing! Did Longzufu bring it here? You should get him a gift too, he always works so hard.”

She said with a smile hunching forward shouting to the ground “Thank you Longzufu!!!!” She smiled at Lagi. “Thank you as well. I recently lost my main base due to some complications but I should have another soon. Could you keep it safe for me till then please? I really wanna have it at a base. I think it’d look super cool.” She said happily looking over to see Altan, she was wearing a two piece that exposed a lot of skin and she looked… pretty. She though smiled a bit and waved to her she was glad Altan could be here that meant all her new kin were here. She started to walk over towards her before a large mass blocked her path, his voice revealing himself to be 8. Her brow twitching a bit, what was with people and blocking her from girls near her age range…?

It was odd. It’s not like she was gonna eat them or something… or at least not the ones she knew. She looked up and saw the mismatching tone and smile. She held out her hand though taking the small… key? Was this another fancy magic item toy? He really liked those things. She’d keep it but they weren’t really her style or at least not nearly as much as they were 8s. She listened to his words making her squint one eye and widen the other looking up at him in front of the key. She tucked the key away next to her shard she’d read the note later right now someone was disappointing her with that left she had remaining respect for someone she used to respect so highly but now all she could so was stare up at him like an annoying child as he attempted to.. ‘Compliment?’ her?

Her brow twitched before she sighed and looked at him now just disappointed and held a mature tone with him. “I wish to tell you the truth since you so foolishly seem to fail to understand it.” She said simply remove his hand if he hadn’t already. “I have had my freedom since the day I left the cage, I stayed because unlike you I wished to keep my word and promise I made you. As you may scoff at the idea of word respect and loyalty over material gain, those are things that I hold to the highest regard.” She said with a simple tone. “I know I owe you nothing, out of us both its you who owes me if you wish to play that game. You killed members of my family, my kin. You spat on their memory, and maimed my other members."

"The remaining members were trapped in cells far from me on my birthday fearing for my safety. You locked me in a cell and pathetically tortured me and starved me for days thinking that could actually break me after I had already been locked up once for years tortured and starved everyday only fed when i was about to die. You then made me relive that and froze my legs solid…. I could have killed you many times due to how you just allowed me so close to you so many times and I didn’t but you reward me with this. You promised me teachings for this but gave me nothing. You avoided me going to new followers while dragging me to unknown lands and talked to me and saw me as a savage beast to be used.” She tilted her chin up towards him crossing her arms.

“Even strangers to me could tell I was more than just that after a while but you didn't. I followed your orders with rarely any acknowledgement from you nor question. And you gave me nothing. The only thing you gave me were two tools you used to kill and hurt my family, and didn’t even tell me how to use them. I know now thanks to Lagi though who has been more of a mentor then you ever have and even gifted me with a higher existence… just for benign me and showing him my skills. I did so much for you, I wish not to pull the age card but to be fair, I a 14 year old CHILD did so much for you Hyperion, and you only gave me pain and suffering ignoring my loyalty. So I know… I owe you absolutely nothing. You owe me so much… but fear not."

"You are my kin now. And kin don’t kill kin members but by kin law we can bite back just as hard as we are bitten… and if we are bitten again its open season. And everything I know, everything I can do I can do from Lagi, my own studies, and my mother, Lara Fedcono, one of the most brilliant women I’ve ever known. One I wish I can rival in intelligence one day. She has been teaching me since i was born how to do so much. And always looked at me with love. A look even my father could give despite his doubts he had for me like you do. He still gave me the look and showed me how proud he was of me. All I wanted was to see that proud look from you but all i get are compliments now that are backhanded at most short? Puppet? How are these compliments?"

"And how is calling me Puppet not insensitive to the fact you kidnapped me in hopes to enslave me and ever since have used me like a puppet to give yourself credible deniability? Now… I will accept your gifts… I will one day show you just how much I am not a savage beast, I will show you what I can do so you know what you had, what you ignored, and what you threw away. And only after that when you lay hurt feeling that same feeling I’ve felt since meeting you. That I will welcome you back into my kin as a normal member. And if you bite me or any of my other kin including those here again know. I. Bite. Back.” She said bearing her vampiric fangs. She started to walk away towards Altan calling out to 8 one last time.

“Oh and dear Hyperion~?” She twirled on her feet to face him, her aura changing to one no one here had seen before so easily flipped and swapped thanks to her training in acting by now. She smiled a cute little girl smile one he had never seen before, one that should lay truly on a young girl on her birthday who was surrounded by family, her tone matching it as well despite her words as she tilted her head to one side with closed eyes. “When you introduce yourself by one name it’s typically polite to tell them your secret name before going in public with them so they know not to call you by your real name rather than glaring at them threateningly when they call you by the only name they know you by~!”

She said with a giggle holding her arms close to her chest bouncing on her toes once if this was something less real and cartoon like a star woulda likely popped out of her head just then with a little twinkle. She let the face and tone drop though after bringing up the look he gave her the day she met Altan when she called him Hyperion in public that first time. She returned to her normal deminer, turning and walking the rest of the way to face Altan, smiling softly to her getting a snowcone for herself  looking at Altan. “Hey… Thanks for coming… how’ve you been?” She asked casually.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Lagi was mostly minding his business, but with Danger Sense,  it was pretty difficult. What he couldn't understand is why such a joyous day was muddied with bad interactions with important people of his party.  By party, this grand group of individuals working for the Kogata clan that Eight managed to gather. There was a disconnect, it was something that Lagi didn't like. Even more than that, they were both dungeon beasts, something that maybe Eight or Dalia haven't taken into account.  There was a new standard now, they represented a higher calling besides petty differences, they fought for the sake of individuals like themselves who had no representation in the world or protection.  Through his sire bond, Lagi would reprimand Dalia a little, but he wouldn't be too harsh.

"Dalia, what you said was uncalled for. I'll speak to eight in regard to proper phrasing if you felt insulted, but you must remember that he was the one that told me about your birthday, as well as planning the initial celebration. He's trying, even if you can't forgive him for any past transgressions I have no knowledge about, acknowledge his efforts and continue to respect him as a fellow dungeon beast. We cannot be divided,  we are equals now, even more than ever. We are the minority, and due to that, we need to maintain good faith and cooperate. Your freedom was granted, but since you are no longer human, I was never going to allow a dungeon beast to live one day as a slave. Air it out today, but no more. Enjoy your birthday, and look forward to many more celebrations of it. "

This was all in Dalia's mind, but instead of sounding stern, Lagi spoke softly. She was young and maybe misguided, she didn't understand her newfound place and responsibility in this world, not yet anyway.

"Eight, a word my friend?"

With another drink in his hand, Lagi offered one to Eight and brought him over to a discreet corner.

"I overheard the little tit for tat, Dalia is rather feisty.  Arrogance is a product of youth,  I am guilty of such things and have said things that I have regretted later in life. Her freedom of slavery and the shackles of humanity was granted by you and me, and as lords, we must lead the dungeon beasts to prosperity.  I am asking you, as your comrade, not as the Overlord Of Tartarus, to forgive her.  It is her birthday, and maybe shes a bit overzealous today. But for me to make a place for both of you,  and dungeon beasts like you, I need you to work together as equals. As a lord, you are dungeon beast royalty, you know of this term. Let us not be quick to anger among our own kind, save it for the humans who dare to oppose you. It's not much of a pep talk we are having right now, but I honestly do believe in the end goal of what you are planning here. Even if they can't see it, or I follow along loosely and pretend to, I will still support your endeavors and keep my word. "

Hopefully, Lagi squashed the beef between them.

Spoiler:

Altan Bey

Altan Bey
β-Tier
β-Tier

Altan was...dumbfounded? Shocked? Surprised? She couldn't find the right word to describe her current feeling at the moment. The scenery in front of her was different, it made the redhead feel stressful at the very least. Eight was showing his unexpected side and gave Dalia a present for her birthday, well even him trying and making this party to celebrate was already unlike him but then again Altan didn’t really know him that well. However it was rather shocking to see how the girl reacted to that, not really shocking considering her personality but she couldn't believe she would act like that… in a mannerless way…

'Hyperion…?' Altan murmured to herself, repeating what seemed to be the man’s real name after Dalia revealed it to everyone in the party. ‘This isn't good…’ She whispered, as if giving herself a mental note the moment Dalia walked towards her, her gaze would shift from the girl to Eight, who she couldn't tell what he was feeling or thinking at the moment… The archer admitted she felt sorry for Eight, even though it was clear that he was a slaver and that he took Dalia from her family… but she knew both of them had an agreement, both of them had a condition towards each other...and from the day she met them, never once she saw the man acted bad towards her. He included her in everything, listening to her opinion and  he gave her freedom just now… which meant he was letting her go, there was no need to follow him anymore.

There was a glad feeling when she saw Jynx approaching Eight, knowing that she didnt have to make sure that man was okay. “Hey…” Altan responded to Dalia, “Happy birthday.” She said as she handed a small box that had a pair of earrings and a choker inside. “Also, I don't know if you knew, he was the one who arranged and invited everyone, including me to your birthday party. So, congratulations once again, on your freedom and for your birthday. Hope you can continue being a better person, kid.” The redhead would give Dalia a pat on her shoulder before walking away, didn't want to spend anymore time in this sour vibe. She would give a slight nod to both Eight and Jynx as she walked past both of them, leaving the beach.

[EXIT]

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The slaver who was once eager to spend time with his makeshift 'family', had know grown serious. At first, he would take it as one of Dalia's temper tantrum that he would ignore for the sake of keeping the apprentice. She would prattle on about her freedom, but that was okay, she hadn't actually understood what an apprentice was and in the end that was his fault for not explaining it to her word for word and given her explicit instruction, but then Dalia began to tell their story to the world. Perhaps her words of respect and loyalty were not the same ones that he had shared. His countenance finally going sour and wanting to speak out but letting her finish, catching one word that seemed insignificant, 'Lagi'.

Each word growing more and more sharp like knives digging into him. Taking the threats on his life as a disparagement of his own strength. But it was only once the girl transformed, and used his real name, a name he kept from the world, only showing his trust to a select few. The light in his eyes would extinguish and his semblance of a smile would die. He felt things he hadn't felt since he was being broken as a slave for the first time, his own suffering, much more than just physical.

"Dalia." He would look at her for a moment further, amazed that everything had gotten to this. He observed the crowd, but it couldn't stop the dam of emotions he had built up in regards to her misbehavior. "You seem to forget that it was you and your family that attacked me in the middle of the night. When I tortured you, I sought a slave... In my intoxication I saw potential, but my view was just as distorted. Deep down, I knew I should have just ended your life now. How can I owe anything to someone who belonged to me? Does one owe his boots for the weight sunk into them?" The words were hyperbolic and rhetorical, full of venom in his tone.

"Your family deserved to die, and now you think I deserve to die? Well, go on. Try IT!" Screaming at the child, his body bare and his arms extended with no sign of defense. "KILL ME DALIA." Willing to react to her aggression if needed.

Once handling the situation he would go on, "Teach a little girl? You had to prove yourself you little brat. I let you take my place in the action. I made room for you. Your existence was inconsequential alongside myself, Altan, Julius and Lagi."

Reaching into his pockets to pull something out. His fists were shaking, and in his grasp was a bird that he received from Dalia, one meticulously preserved. Clenching the dead avian, mangling the corpse beyond repair before dropping it on the floor.

"When the dog bites its master, surely tis the masters fault but there is but only one solution. To put the dog down." Hyperion would hear Jynx try to calm him down. It had seemed as if Dalia and 'Lagi' had bonded much more than himself and Dalia.

There was jealousy in his thoughts but it was soothed temporarily by Lagis magnanimous words, but he had to speak. "Jynx, I don't think of people as dungeon beasts and humans. I think of them as individuals. It matters not if betrayal is from a human or a dungeon beast. The only thing I can't forgive is not having killed her sooner. "

Taking a deep breath to bring a slight pause to the ramping of his thoughts. "Jynx, let me know your allegiance. If you let me kill Dalia here and now, I will follow you. Should you choose her, I will burn our bridge after our work in Kina concludes, but I will kill the brat next time I see her."

Hyperion had seen that Altan was listening along, now he would have to address his situation with Altan depending on her reaction to the words, but now it was the last thing on his mind. Looking down on Dalia as he waited for Lagis input.

Wanting to state this is a no-kill thread so shit is safe in this thread regardless.

Dalia Fedcono

Dalia Fedcono
A-Tier
A-Tier

Dalia looked over to lagi hearing his voice and spoke back calmly despite her words. ‘The fuck it was… that man killed and maimed my family making me watch, caged and starved me for days then tortured me and freed me when i didnt break, treated me as lesser this entire time despite being free already only to tell me im only now free and i owe him nothing. This was no apology, this was no freedom gifting. Since he said no sorry for that is an admission of doing something wrong, and i was free to begin with. This has nothing to do with race, and fear not as I told him… when I finish biting back as hard as he bit me… then we can be kin once again. Asking me to respect a man like him currently from one small action is laughable but I won’t laugh given my respect for you.’

Dalia honestly had to admit to herself something she didn’t expect was the fact that she had just told the others the things 8 had done to her. Killed her family and maimed them in front of her eyes he even resurrecting one just to kill another and pin her in place to ensure she watched, he had kidnapped her and tortured her. Then freed her after when she didn't cave. She had been the one to follow him due to the promise she made to him not because she wasn't free. He still treated her like nothing. Most would have tried to kill him for even a fraction of any of that but she just spoke her true feelings after all this time. But apparently that was too far. Perhaps she should have stabbed him or something maybe they would have been happier with that sort of response.

Even the girl who she had cried to about everything he did to her acted as though she did something truly evil, the girl who seemed to have offered her a chance to ask for help to get out of her situation. She had told her even then it was her choice to stay but did in fact feel strongly about what he had done to her and told her about those things. Maybe she wasn’t even listening to her that whole time. Maybe she ignored her words this time as well and that is why she seemed so disturbed by her words that were a long time coming. She wasn’t a good person by any means but in this situation she was to what she really didn’t want to admit… was in fact the victim and 8 the abuser the killer and kidnapper… but everyone was defending him and protecting him….

Kin should hold other kin to the things they have done its what she was taught… but everyone here? They told her she was wrong because what he insisted on throwing her a birthday party? Because he may have felt guilty finally for what he took and did from her? She didn't have to forgive and forget. Their agreement she followed on was he would not kill her family and teach her and she would follow him… he never taught her a thing, and the other action? He just did what any normal person should do… not kill her parents. Such a noble gift. She took Altans gift hearing her words she infisizing kid… and she was right… Dalia was a kid a kid who was being talked down to by the others she held so close for standing up to her abuser. “I hope you get the life you wanted Altan.”

She said softly letting her go. Lagi could reach her if he wanted she still had hope maybe he… would sit back and realize what she did wasn’t as bad as everyone was testing it like given all of what 8 had done to her. She glanced over to 8 who spoke her name and started to droll on his own defense, yes they had attacked them that why bandits did they robbed people but he made it personal he didn’t self defend he had fun. She kept listening but didn't look to him nor reply, he likely trying to upset her further by calling her names sharing how he truly did feel about her… and it was a true release. He never saw her the way she saw him… and that hurt but the release of knowing it was truly freeing knowing that it wasn’t kin who treated her this way just a man who looked like kin at the time.

Her beliefs in how kin should be still true still untainted. He screamed at her to kill him and she walked she simply said. “That would be far… to easy… no fun in that now is there?” She said simply as if a fact. He tossed her old gift to him on the ground, it was alright she wouldn’t blame him for that she after all would be no better. She walked over to the present table and pulled out the key setting it back down on the table, she no longer wanted anything from that man. She still had hope that Lagi would be her kin. Real kin… not the kin she foolishly thought was hers… who turned on her when she finally stood tall. She grabbed one of the wine bottles. And if he didn’t…?

Well he had still only helped her so like Altan at that point he wouldn’t be kin… but he would still be someone who tried to be there for her. They wouldn’t be waved off by evil things they may do to her, her people, or anything else associated with her, but their past actions would still be considered when dealing with them if they posed an issue. She heard him ask Lagi his allegiance and telling him desires to kill her here and now… he could certainly try… it would be foolish to though, he was iratice and likely unable to make a proper fight it would be more disappointing than anything else. She looked back to Lagi giving him a look to say he could do as he pleased she would make no such threats.

This was her business not Lagi’s there was no reason to try to threaten him just to side with her. If he sided with her wonderful if not well she’d cope and the man knew what she did on her own thus far so she knew he knew that she would cope no matter the situation. 8 looked down on her but thing was she was no where around him anymore she hadn’t been since he was pulled off to the side by Lagi, and now even less so. This party was over and there was absolutely no reason to stay any longer to watch this grown man throw a tantrum about his ‘pet child misbehaving.’ It was her birthday and she would ruin it if she wanted to but only she was allowed to do so.

She started to walk off wishing for just a moment she was rotting in a cell with her maimed parents just to be with them knowing even now that she could see them she couldn’t be with them because they were captured and imprisoned due to needed medical help caused by 8. Even if she had been a slave still somehow to him before and this was real freedom he tried to give her he still was sending her a ‘kid’ off without the parents he stole from her. But it was alright. She would one day see them again somehow or way. And she had an entire faction of what? Now 120 or so followers? She lied about one thing, but it was to herself. She looked to Daichi who ran over smiling softly to her. She wasn’t alone.

She had her followers, her future, and new friends that even though they had a weird moment together a few nights ago he still was following her and looked at her with admiration. Maybe her fate wasn’t what she thought it was? She still may not want it but maybe it was something else she was fighting against…. Either way. She rested her head on Daichi’s side as he put and arm around her shoulder supportively. She knew her future was bright, like the fires she’d make sure the world will see, that her parents would see, that the dead would even feel… and those she cares for will look to her proudly and hold pride in being at her side. And none of them would ever be alone with each other there.

[ Exit ]

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

It was a bit of a mess, the entire thing between Dalia and Eight. It seemed that the problems that they had with each other ran, even more, deeper than he originally thought. The problems they faced wouldn't be resolved in a day, and anything that was done through force wouldn't be genuine. It would be rather fragile, and the alliance would collapse even faster if Lagi pushed it any further. So what did Lagi do?

"We will talk about it some other time, ok?"

That was the message Lagi put out to Dalia's mind. There were just too many emotions right not for things to have a proper resolution. As for Eight, Lagi only shook his head.

"You are asking the king of monsters to choose between his kin, I never expected you to be so crass...eight. How about this? Enjoy the drinks, maybe we can get some women after and bring a little of the red light district's essence to us on this little island. Enjoy ourselves, and try to move on from this. We can't make any sort of decisions properly when fueled by intense negative emotions. What I always saw black rukh as wasn't evil, it was the ability to defy the impossible. Your will is only one of the pieces, maybe even anger and contempt can be a bit of the fuel, but one of the most powerful assets you had displayed for me was your mind. The thing with Dalia, as with all talented individuals, they are reaching the period of growth where they tend to pull away as they get stronger. Of course, this pairs up with them being a bit disobedient, but that comes in hand with the desire of all sentient beings to become their own person. It's like a leash with a rope, you slack so they move freely, but never slip, the stern grip is the limitations of what you allow and what you don't. With enough of it, it's ok for you to let go of the rope, because such thoughts have been engrained that nature and muscle memory becomes a constant with the bonds of those you cultivate. If you are a tamer, it's easier to rationalize it with the taming of beasts if you desire.
"

Lagi took a sip of his drink and continued.

"I do not believe you when you said that not killing Dalia was a mistake, you say it with the same tone that a disappointed father would utter it, I recognize the tone of voice from my own father in the past."

Hopefully, it would be the end of it, for now.

"Give her time, and... give yourself some time as well. Let's have fun, we have been so successful as of late with the Kogata clan, don't you think e should use this party as an excuse to treat ourselves as well?"

With that, Lagi went to gather the company of women, and maybe bring a girl or two for eight as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum