You are not connected. Please login or register

A Dark Hand On A Dark Night. [Plot/Lagi]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Full moon shrouded by the clouds were reflected in 8's pupils. The clouds were rolling past the inky sky, barely illuminated by the celestial body. The breeze swept across the floor, picking up only the smallest debris. Eight had agreed to meet with a prospective client when the moon was directly over head. Eight was a slightly skeptical of the situation, he hadn't actually met the client and was unable to screen him. So for this situation, the Fanalis slaver had refused to bring any of his merchandise as to not be caught by law enforcement or by a rival slaving organization trying to steal from him.

Eight had decided they would meet at a religious shrine within the country. These locations were known for their low security, and they were far off the beaten path making it less likely for any unwanted surprises. Eight spent an hour, surveilling the area during the day time, and he also showed up an hour early to do a second round check for any 'visitors' or 'surprises'. Things seemed perfect, but when things went completely according to plan, that was when you were bound to snag a hitch.

The red-headed teen had lit an oil lantern by his feet, and another one at the entrance to the shrine. It was a small but open enclosure. There were trees all around the temple, and the shrine was made of wood. Apparently, it was dedicated to a goddess of crossroads, someone who lead you on your fate. The final bit of preparation was his sketching. He had scrolls and scrolls of his slaves. An inventory's worth of many anatomical poses and notes, so one can determine their physical condition and ability.

Eight was standing with his arms crossed, in a jet black bodysuit. He had a skinny, leather belt with a tiny metal buckle. Under the body suit that had reached to his ankles, wrists and neck, he had linen wraps along her wrists and ankles. He had leather boots, with rubber grips, He put a black headband in his hair to keep his flowing locks in check.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

A Dark Hand On A Dark Night. [Plot/Lagi] ZuxZMnk

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

REQUIEM JYNX HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!

Business was booming for the slave trade, it was something that the heliohapt prided itself on that Lagi thought to be useful in the long run. With every country, there was an existing necessary evil that seemed to function off of the will of the country itself, almost as if the composition of the area was primarily dependent on the moral grey activities that would go about. No country was perfect, Even Lagi knew of the flaws that existed from within Reim through the Coliseum

But that wasn't why he was here today as Requiem Jynx.  What piqued his interest was the rise of a partially unknown slaver that seemed to take good care of his whares and get things done. In Lagi's case, he didn't necessarily like slavery when he was king. However, he was in a different country and played by different rules now, as well as containing different kinds of alternatives to how those slaves could function for him. Debauchery in some instances were opportunities all around, it's only dependent on who or what was looking.

Anyway, the Requiem Jynx mask already managed to crawl on Lagi's face as he arrived at the meeting, a start to the legend of the self-proclaimed drug lord was beginning to be associated with such a mask. The red and black mask looked like steel, and yet, it had an organic texture to it as if it was almost apart of Lagi's face as well. It gave off a devilish gloom from the distance as the flame from Eight's lantern flickered. Some would think that the holy grounds of the Kou shrine would protect those from the ghoulish apparitions that plagued the night.

That wasn't the case here.

The man was apparently armed to a degree, wearing the dark hand ceramic patted leather. One of the things that stood out the most was the gems of his elegian gauntlet, twinkling in a similar fashion of the stars in the night sky.

"You came alone, brave one! I don't necessarily care for the muscle to be brought if people are afraid to do business without it.  I just hope it doesn't affect how they do business by making stupid decisions. Everyone wants to make money, we should play nice in this sandbox of a world that we have. "

Looking to eight, the black skeleton-like face would creak into a grin as Lagi folded his arms.

"I'm Requiem Jynx, a high ranking member of the dark hand. I'm also known as debauchery,  maybe that name can give you an idea as to what I concern myself with and what kind of deals we could make. As a fellow supplier, I couldn't help but notice the potential your current business venture could have.  The simplicity of slavery is the idealistic value of human life, where simple labor or servitude is all they could possibly think of. I think it's just scratching the cealing, all parties invilved, even the slaves! Can.....change their fate of only being looked at as such. "

Brought
Spoiler:

A Dark Hand On A Dark Night. [Plot/Lagi] CrChE3t

A Dark Hand On A Dark Night. [Plot/Lagi] LBbFjDO

Lagi's Vault

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Eight stoodby as he listened to every single word and the manner of which they were spoken. 'Value,' the word rung in his own mind as he only sought to raise his own. He hadn't quite met someone like Requiem; strange yet grandiose, definitely eccentric, while Eight was much more calculated and measured in his actions.

The fanalis bowed his head and observed the client attire, he was clearly adorned in many fine garments that were not only expensive but rare. It definitely impressed him but he wouldn't show it on his face.

"I hope we may have a mutually beneficial relationship." Eight had little detail about the Dark Hand but it had seemed as if they were also slavers, quite possibly rivals to the Black Spiders. Eight was only concerned with slaves as a means to an end but Requiem saw things a bit differentlyb as if slavery was a way of life. The notion alone got Alexander thinking about a world where slavery was the norm once again.

But for now, Requiem Jinx had made an interesting comment. that he was a fellow supplier. Within Master Ramses organization, there was little use in buying slaves. There were more profits in capturing people and breaking them, but if there was enough inventory and logistical support, it might be a worthy endeavor. "So lets get down to business then. You say you are a fellow supplier, no? What is it that you wish?" Alexander stood tall, and his words were stoic and passionless but had a graceful flow. His posture unchanging, arms still crossed.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Not necessarily about what I want, it's a little more about what you want. Like for instance, I could easily say that the business in El Ragu, as well as the other drugs that I have created over the past could use a bunch of testers or sellers.  El Ragu, a great tasting alcoholic beverage that can enter an individual in a state of pure euphoria.  Completely relaxed, merry, entranced, works quite well In brothels and taverns. What if  I said I wanted to buy some slaves in order to have people that are willing to look the other way for a decent job?  Would they be much of a slave? From your hands and pockets of gold to my possession and release into employment, release into a booming industry, they could thrive even more than those who had a decent start in life."

Rubbing his thumb with his two index fingers to indicate the idea of money, Lagi would emote that gesture before stepping forward. "All of the money to be made. And then look at that? What if some of these drugs or items need to be tested before being sent off to the populous?  In exchange for their freedom while bearing in mind of the risks, it's quite a service to those who are frequent users of the product.  Heck, even your method of travel that avoids detection with slavers, with the less apparent look of carts of my debaucherous whares and how inconspicuous it looks as opposed to human trafficking,  the mere knowledge of any newfound routes to whatever country that you have is all invaluable. Any of this could be used to make a deal, money can always be apart if it.....but is that you really want? I want to know of the whispers in your heart, what are you currently unsatisfied with? "

Lagi's Vault

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Eight was divided between staying profession and keeping on topic about the transaction, but he was being pulled into the strange man's tempo. However, his definition of debauchery included something he wasn't quite so fond of. Apparently, on top of slaves, he was also selling drugs. While 'El Ragu' sounded fantastic, Eight recalled his past. He remembered the change in his mother and the night where she had sold him off to Master Ramses.

"You are free to do whatever you'd like with whatever merchandise you purchase from me." As Eight was about to reach for his sketches to pass them onto Requiem Jynx, he paused, still listening to him. Every word was an enticement that lowered the walls around his desires. Did Eight really want money? Did Eight want to serve Ramses?

"I will no longer be a slave." His words didn't have a direct implication, but Eight knew Requiem would understand him perfectly. Eight's wish was to kill Ramses and the other slavers.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Oh? So the slaver rising to fame is a slave himself? That quite unfortunate, on top of that, I don't even know your name. Is it because he refused to name you? Maybe you share the same name as the man so that if you ever do manage to get far, the legend would only narrow down to the identification of one individual? Unique ways of immortality through others, but maybe it's time for that to end?"

Pacing in a circle around the guy, Lahgi wondered what he wanted to do. "You want to be free, even though the true representation of what you do is to claim the freedom of others. A bit ironic, a bit selfish, but that's what you really want! Right? You just want what they want, regardless of whether its appropriate to be allowed to want what they want. Freedom....maybe the freedom to finally choose if this was your true path or not. Ok! I'll help you! How did you want to do this? If you are a slave, you could be bought and released by me. Or is it more......personal.... did you want to spill blood?"

Lagi's Vault

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The fanalis walked away towards the shrine and pulled out a backpack hidden behind it. He had some more scrolls here and some writing utensils, then kneeled before Requiem and began to speak while he wrote.

"I don't care about slavery, but it's all I know, I'm good at it, and it's a vast world that I want to control. My master didn't care about us enough to name us, so I'm named 8, because I'm his ninth head slaver; he started with 0. My name is actually Alexander, my parents named me because I was born in Reim." He didn't know why but everything came out without a filter. Perhaps because he had never had the chance to say it and he had to make his wish known for Requiem. "My father was a Magician who left my mother and I. My mother was a great fighter, her name was Octavia, like Octavius. She was climbing the ranks to challenge him, but during a cheap fight she got injured and she needed to take a break, and to deal with the pain, they gave her some medication... along with some drugs. So she got hooked and after a year, she sold me for more drugs. I'm worth more than a weeks worth of drugs."

By now the sheet was done, he put Ramses at the top, and then each of his head slavers in 2 rows a 5 with a description of each. He showed Requiem Jinx the sheet, "I'm not ready yet. Ramses will not sell me, I belong to him, and he's psychotic. I'm going to travel north first. I'll want to do this when I come back. I'm asking for a lot, but I don't know what's the catch." Eight was fine with everything as it was. Even if this was just another test from Ramses, he was ready to leave regardless and he would exact his revenge when he came back.

The Sheet:

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Lagi gave the man to speak and say his peace, realizing that he has done most of the talking and figured that it was fair for the man to really show a bit of his personality and maybe give an idea for Lahgi to work with on how to cooperate with him. For slavery to be all he knew, it was a bit sad to see that. Working with and coexisting with animals was all Lagi knew to start with, but he figured that it came with the idea of being kind to those you depend on as well. However, Lagi apparently shuddered when he heard Octavia's name. That was his daughter's name, and he didn't want to feel homesick or anything of the sort. How long was he away for anyway? It felt like months, did the kids really think he was dead?

The pain medication was also a thing that Lagi hummed at the mention of. There were no magicians back then that could heal wounds? From what Lagi remembered, there were people that can bring the dead back to life, such pain would of been easy to handle. However, it probably happened a long time ago, with no way of Lagi being able to help with that.

"A list?"

Lagi took hold of the list and started to hum as he gone through each and every name.

"I guess we have a deal then. For the sake of your freedom, all of these people have to die huh? Well, while you are gone probably, I'll go ahead and take care of the members that are in Kou. Probably by myself because it's so hard to find good help these days. Maybe I should take move out of Ramses's playbook, but I can do without the mental scarring, it's hard to manage my own. Well, regardless of whether you were ready or not, part of being a powerful leader or individual of an organization is about having a strong ally. Me in this case, which might not seem like much in your eyes for the time being. "
Putting the list in his pocket, Lagi looked over to Alexander again. "Well Alex, whose in the country at this moment? "

Lagi's Vault

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The fanalis glanced at the stranger when referred to as Alex. "Please call me, Eight. And if you kill them without me, I will have to come and kill you." Alexander shook his head for a moment but it was understandable, he was likely never a slave.

"Being a slave of Ramses, you never wore shackles." Alex raised his wrists, exposing his pristine wrists to Requiem. "He knew you would never run or escape. I have only done his bidding, without question. It hadn't even occured to me until this night to kill him. I thought of gwtting stronger than him, but even the thought of killing him was out of my grasp." Shaking his head, but letting out a chuckle. Amused at how weak slavery had made him. "If he doesn't die at my hands, I will never truly be free. And these people are all extremely loyal to him, well maybe except Dokidoki. Any of them would likely try to kill me just for uttering these words. And killing the other is MY REVENGE." The fanalis raised his voice and stomped his foot as he pounded on his chest. The fanalis recalled every instance he wanted payback for, and still was unwavering. The fanalis would not reveal anyones locations until he was sure Requiem Jynx wouldn't act on his own.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Killing me for doing something that you would want done without your presence. That seems a bit counterproductive, also a bit of a slippery slope by trying to make enemies if I'm trying to be your friend here. Sure, I understand that this is your show, but if you are as good as you say, how does that translate into battle? I don't necessarily know your strengths or weaknesses, what you are good at or how to even coordinate with you. This is, of course, implying that I wouldn't want to babysit too much."

Lagi still couldn't figure it out, but he shrugged anyway. "Alright, well just treat my lax attitude in the first hit as a bit of an observation then. It's important to see if you have what it takes to make it far, you can only count on your own strength at the end of the day. I'll wait until you come back. "

Lagi's Vault

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"I wish no qualms. If I wanted to fight you, I wouldn't have told you about my feelings on the matter. My bondage is not physical, but mental. If deprived of the chance, I may as well be dead. A dead man has nothing to lose." Alexander was curt in his words, he had already put all his trust in this man. Alexander lacked a certain polish and kindness in his words, knowing only brutal honest or sweet deception.

"I'm sad to claim this, but combat is not my forte. It is as I said, the only thing I'm good at is slavery. Once I come back, I'll show you what I have learned." He paused for a second as he thought of the logistics of the matter. "How shall I find you? How will I know it's you and vice versa?" This was the last matter to resolve before he would start making his plans to leave to Imuchakk. There were a few things he wanted to do still in Kou, but he would get things underway.

Alexander said his farewell by offering Requiem Jynx, a handshake. Looking at the mysterious  into the eye holes of his mask as if looking straight into his face. With only one soft word, "... debauchery...'

[EXIT]

OOC: YAY LAGI <3

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Show me? Once you come back? Looks like the only reason why you are leaving is to train yourself in some kind of secluded place. For a person who doesn't think of themselves as skilled in a fight, you sure are dedicating alot of time to prepare for this bloody ordeal. " Taking out a black card that had some sort of invitational sygil on the front of it. It looked something akin to a golden hive with small sparkles on it.

"Congratulations eight, you have just earned a guest pass to the harmony's nest.  They have small exclusive trading centers located in each country, you can find me in the one in Kou. In all honesty, I'm now trying out this mask, hopefully, it'll start to be a real thing so I wouldn't be too hard to find out. " With that being said, Lagi shook eight's hand. "Check there in the afternoon's, it's a good place to go for information or potential business clientele. "

-Exit

Lagi's Vault

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum