You are not connected. Please login or register

The Beginning [ Job | Jahan ]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Beginning [ Job | Jahan ] Empty The Beginning [ Job | Jahan ] 18/12/17, 09:56 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

job details:

The Beginning [ Job | Jahan ] Bu4RGAl
It was early morning. The sun was just rising above the horizon. Diana had woken up an hour before sunrise. She hadn't slept well in a while and this night was no different. Jahan and Bellona were still sleeping. She wasn't certain if the man would wake. Diana felt it was best if he slept as long as possible. His body was still weak despite his mind being strong. There was a lot of excitement the previous day and Diana would be lying if she had said she wasn't tired herself.

Diana took a look at their surroundings to see what they would take with them. She was unsure if he wanted to keep the palanquin. It wouldn't be a problem to carry it but it would certainly be a burden. Nothing else stood out to her aside from the burnt wood and ash leftover from the pyre. Her brows furrowed and she frowned at the sight. While she didn't know them, she could sympathize with what he was going through.

She bent down straight to the ground to touch her toes, exhaling a long breath as she felt the muscles in her back and legs stretch. Bellona cooed as she began to wake up, gently ruffling her feathers. The vulture had found Jahan to be a warm place to rest her head after Diana had woke up. Pluto was a member of her party that was quite missed as he is the community pillow but he left to hunt often.

After spending a bit of time stretching, it was time for them to leave. The sun had finally made it fully into the sky and the trail wouldn't last forever. Diana made her way over to Jahan, bending her knees to lower herself down to him. "It's time to wake up," she said, pinching his nose. Bellona scurried out of his lap and into the skies, knowing exactly what she had to do. "We can stop to get something to eat if you wake quickly." Food was the quickest way to get a man to wake up, at least-- that was what she observed from her family.
✦ 358 / 1500 | notes | @Emperor JaJa

weapons:
beasts:

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Diana softly smiled at him as he began to wake up. She stood up and stepped back a pace, letting him gather himself. 'He must be feeling better,' she thought. There seemed to be more strength in him today as opposed to the day before. Diana wasn't used to the crown upon his head nor his claimed status. She had been in the presence of a king before but not quite under these circumstances. Her mind lingered on the thought of why the phenomena surrounding him was so bizarre. They went from serious to those of a childish nature as her brain tried to decipher how he could have ended up in that situation.

His words broke her out of her thoughts, making her jump slightly. "We'll have Bellona find the way. But if you need me to carry you, I can," she said, placing her fist in her hand. Diana didn't want to ask about the palanquin since he did not mention it but it did look expensive. "Are we taking this with us?" she asked, pointing to it. Diana found that she wasn't being very considerate of his feelings and panicked a bit. After all, his comrades had been killed by it. "I-If you want to, of course. I can understand if you want to do otherwise." Her expression showed that she was a bit concerned and worried by her words. She would wait for him to answer before making a move.
✦ 593 / 1500 | notes | @Emperor JaJa

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Diana was impressed to see that his strength was returning so quickly. His movements still seemed stiff but he picked up the palanquin with ease. She was curious as to how he had the amount of muscle power that he did. Her mind came across the thought he was one of her kin but his appearance quickly dismissed it. There was no trace of Fanalis heritage in his outward appearance. Though she wasn't surprised a human could become so strong. She had experienced that first hand plenty of times to not underestimate it.

"I'll ensure that you fetch a good price."

Briefly taking a good look at the construct, Diana thought about purchasing it off the man to guarantee that he got the full value. She could have it smelted down into smaller pieces such as jewelry and other objects while keeping the fabric for clothing and bandages. A variety of ideas were buzzing through her mind as she stared at it. She eventually snapped out of it, walking over to the front of it. Diana lifted it up with ease, tugging it as she proceeded forward. "It's bulky," she said, laughing to herself. She could easily lift the entire structure but she would let him keep his pride.

"There is a town up ahead. This road is too well worked for there not to be and we aren't too far from the city. My guess is that your companions were trying to take you there. Bellona has memorized all scents that entered the scene. If they stole any of yours or their belongings, she will find them. If they did not, I will place my trust in her. She has never failed me in our years together. Even if we do not find them today, I will help you."

Her words were spoken with serenity and passion. There was little denying that she was serious. Bellona had already flown far from them in another direction. Diana felt that it was important to relieve themselves of the palanquin and gather their strength before proceeding.

It would be roughly half an hour before they arrived at the bustling town of Dalian. It was a large establishment with a great number of people. Jahan had claimed he was a great king so Diana kept an open ear to see if anyone would recognize the man. There was a chance that he was bluffing but she felt she could entertain herself with the possibility. Even though it did not matter to her whether he was a king or not, she was glad that she had found him. To her, he was in the best of hands in his current state.

She would lead them over to a seemingly abandoned building. "I've decided that I'll purchase this from you. If you want anything off of it, just let me know. I'll be deconstructing it for other uses. I can give you my offer or... you could give me your offer. I have more than enough, I promise you. You can be paid in full right now. I just need to get the gold from inside." she said. Diana wasn't sure how much he would ask for but she had been saving her gold since she was a small child. She provided for her family in ways that cost them no expense. Living in the wilderness had it's perks and inns were rather cheap when she needed them. However, all her riches were left within this particular building.
✦ 1158 / 1500 | notes | @Emperor JaJa

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Diana was surprised and slightly upset that he did not want to take her offer. The old man had been badgering her for weeks to spend her gold as it was getting too much of a burden for him to hold. She bit her lip, wanting to convince Jahan to allow her to purchase it but she decided against it. "You're not a child, Jahan. There is no need for me to coddle you," she said, "But thank you for the gift." Diana smiled at him, truly grateful for his charity. It would be put to good use. A king like himself most likely didn't need the money. But she still wasn't entirely convinced of his status.

She opened the door to the building and peeked her head through. If Jahan had caught a glimpse of the inside, he would discover a room filled with gold and monstrous hounds. There was something in the middle of the room but it would be too dark to make it out. "I'm leaving this outside. Just take it apart for now. Don't worry, I'll send the pieces home," she said, quickly slamming the door. There was muffled yelling coming from behind it from a seemingly older man that was very much angered by her words.

Diana scurried over to Jahan, grabbing him by the arm. "Let's go." She would begin pulling him along for a moment before letting him go. Her head would occasionally turn to see if he was still following her through the crowd. They quickly arrived in a small bazaar next to a fruit vendor. However, as they stopped moving, she would pull him aside. "Do you remember what you were doing before you fell asleep? I'm curious." Diana would keep her eyes mostly locked on him as she purchased a sack full of apples. She threw him one in the hopes he would catch it. Diana picked up one as well, taking a bite into it.
✦ 1472 / 1500 | notes | @Emperor JaJa

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Jahan had replied to her inquiry with an answer that she had expected to hear. He must have been asleep for a long time to have no recollection of what happened prior. Perhaps it would come to him in time. While she wanted to learn, she would have to let it go. There was a high chance she would never see this man again. It happened often. A solemn look flashed across her face for a moment before she turned to him and smiled. "You're right. We should go," she said, making her way past him back in the direction that they had originally came. Bellona had been flying up, ready to lead. Diana ordered her with a quick whistle to go ahead of them.

Once they had got back onto the road, Diana took a turn into the forest. She seemed to move with ease through all of the foliage and obstacles. "You doing okay?" she asked, gazing back at him. Diana would do this occasionally, slowing her pace if she had seen him struggling. It took a while for her to get used to the terrain in Kou but after living in it's woods for a few months, it was easier. She would be genuinely impressed if he could keep up with her.

The sun crept from low in the sky to slightly past it's apex in the sky. It was roughly noon by the time they arrived at a desecrated temple. It was overgrown but it was clear to her that it was disturbed. The vines near the entrance were cut and the dirt was disturbed. She placed her back against a nearby trunk, picking up a rock about the size of her palm. "Watch this," she whispered, throwing the rock with all of her strength into the entrance of the building. There was a loud yelp and the sudden sound of shuffling before a handful of men crept out of the entrance, weapons in hand.

"Hey! Come out! W-We know you're out here!"

Diana couldn't help but laugh, emerging from the blockade of the tree. Her smile quickly turned into a scowl. At the sight of their crest, she was instantly disgusted. She looked straight into their eyes, her gaze sharper than steel. The previously light aura that surrounded her was now dense. She would say two words to Jahan. It was a demand. Or was it a rule?

"No mercy."

Her whole demeanor would change. Diana had one thing on her mind and it's color was red. The men had recognized her as she emerged from the dark thickets. Thankfully, her rage would not leave her completely blind. She would bypass three of the men, making targets of the two that were further back, attempting to retreat into the temple. Diana grabbed onto their clothes, using her strength to shove them down onto the floor. One had swung at her with his sword, slashing a deep cut into her hand as she caught his blade, shattering it into pieces that were now partially embedded into her hand. He turned to flee but she grabbed onto his arm that had swung behind him, crushing the bones in his lower arm.

A blood curdling scream escaped his mouth. It abruptly stopped after a brief, loud cracking sound. Her boot ended up nestled in his skull that was now splattered within a small crater. Her gaze turned to the other man, terrified in the corner of the room. He knew his fate. As a human, there was little he could do against her. Diana made quick work of him, respecting his submission. She pierced her hand through his chest, crushing his heart.
"May you be forgiven," she said, kneeling to pray for a moment before rising up and making her way to the doorway. She would observe Jahan and only intervene if he needed her help.
✦ 1500+ / 1500 | notes | @Emperor JaJa

11The Beginning [ Job | Jahan ] Empty Re: The Beginning [ Job | Jahan ] 31/12/17, 08:05 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

She watched him as it exacted a well deserved sentence onto the men before them. They were just as afraid of him and they were of her. The fight was short and came to a smooth end. His last opponent was hanging on by a thread. Most likely with a bad concussion. "He won't last long," she mumbled. It would have been better to make him suffer in order to repent but she felt pity for him. Diana walked over to the unconcious theif and snapped his neck with a quick motion. Blood poured out of his nose and his body was no longer moving. Her eyes grazed over to Jahan.

He was wounded. A deep stab to his abdomen was most of his concern yet there was a minor cut across his chest. She calmed down her excitement from the fight in order to keep a clear mind. Diana made her way over to him as she tore the bottom of her dress strips. They weren't perfect but it would serve it's purpose. "Let me help you," she said. There was a tinge of care in her voice but it was soon overshadowed by a rough grip. "Let me or you can sit here and die in vain."

Diana called over Bellona and began wrapping around his abdomen as tight as she could. She started high and slowly worked her way down. The blood flow needed to be isolated for now until she could get him to proper care. She knew her basic first aid but in no way was she a doctor. Diana stopped before she got to the stab wound, whistling a short command to Bellona. She plucked a feather off of her body before the bird sparked into flames. Diana waved the feather over her and it caught flame as well.

She winced at the heat scorching her fingers but she quickly pressed it up against his wound while pinching the skin closed. Her grip was tighter than before in case he decided to struggle or flinch. Even she knew it wouldn't feel pleasant. Diana finished wrapping down, tying it off around his hips. She released him from her grip, freeing him from her custody. "It's best if we stay here for now. It's going to get dark soon. I'll clean up the... bodies. So, don't worry about it." Diana smiled at him, resting her hand on his shoulder.
✦ 1500+ / 1500 | stamina ( 455 / 475 ) | @Emperor JaJa

abilities used:

13The Beginning [ Job | Jahan ] Empty Re: The Beginning [ Job | Jahan ] 06/01/18, 01:39 am

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Diana noticed the dried tear stains on his cheeks as she began tossing the bodies as far as she could into the forest. Was it because he was mourning? She didn't quite know and felt it wouldn't be right to ask him. He had enough trauma for one day. She didn't have the means to clean up the blood that was spilled but one day of rain could give them the water to clear it out. "We should stay out of this building, there are others we could rest in when the night sets in," she said, closing the sliding doors to the building slightly.

When she was finished, she walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. Diana didn't know if it was the right thing to do but she wanted to comfort him. "No amount of blood you spill will satisfy you. But take solace in the fact that those men will not be able to harm anyone else," she said, taking her hand off of his shoulder and pacing away from him, looking upwards. "You'll be okay. If you need me, I'll be exploring the temple. Just don't leave me here by myself. I'll get worried." Diana turned back to face him, smiling softly at him. She was sincere.

She walked past the first building and discovered a beautiful courtyard. It was run down and a tad overgrown but just by looking at it, the area seemed to tell you the story of it's former glory. Bellona landed on a branch of a tree nearby Jahan, keeping an eye on him. The vulture seemed to be concerned about his well being. Her kind nature showing through her eyes as she looked at him.

As Diana explored, the afternoon would descend into night. She made an effort to set up a fire in one of the larger buildings. There was a furnace in the middle of the room that was perfect for the pyre. She sat near the flame, warming her hands.

15The Beginning [ Job | Jahan ] Empty Re: The Beginning [ Job | Jahan ] 07/01/18, 10:17 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Diana had briefly fell asleep, waking at the sound of the shuffling Jahan made as he sat next to her. She perked her head up to look at him. He looked like he was still bothered by the events that had unfolded. Did he feel guilty? She scooted a bit closer to him, unsure what to do or say. Diana stared at him, trying to understand what he was thinking. She changed her position, pulling her knees close to her chest and resting her head upon them, still looking towards him. "You'll be okay." Diana knew she had been repeating her statement from before but she was unsure what to say to him.

"You're strong. I can tell. You may feel low right now... but you'll get through it." She had lowered her voice into a near whisper. Diana brought her head up, turning to a small sack of apples that she had picked up earlier that day. She took one out of the bag and offered it to Jahan. It wasn't as fresh as before and was slightly warm from the fire. "Here. I know you might not be hungry but you should at least take a bite." If he didn't decide to take it, she would place it down next to the bag she removed it from. Regardless of his choice, Diana would lay back onto the cracked tiles below, spreading her arms outwards to stretch.

She closed her eyes and would listen to him if he spoke but would soon drift off into a light sleep.

[ EXIT | TO BE CONTINUED... SOMETIME ]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum