Kara Satel Bane
A-Tier
A-Tier

Full Culverin Eradicator
Tier: A
Class: Ranger
Type: Offensive
Range: Long
Requirements/Drawbacks: Without the trait "Nimble Fingers" or similar the user must remain stationary to scale the ability for additional shots.
The arrow must be notched and the string drawn back at least 3/4 of the way to being considered fully drawn.

Scaling: For every 10 stamina added to the ability they will fire double the amount of projectiles;  
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 4
Cost: 40
Description:

• Fires a Devastating Piercing Arrow that moves at high-speed traveling a great distance, piercing through materials its good against in its path to deal A-tier damage to everything it strikes. Leaving a circular hole slightly bigger than the arrowheads size.

• The arrowhead is that of an Obsidian bodkin point designed to have greater Piercing capabilities [through strong constructs[ not to mention the entire arrow is also designed to cut through its target; with a screw-like nature as it turns.
    [Good against strong constructs such as flesh, Stone, Bone, and steel. Such things as a layer of tar and magical defensives it will act as a normal arrow]

• Max Range is 50m

Fodder????

Tier: C
Requirements/Drawbacks: Each arrow requires a slight tap on something solid to activate the arrows before firing.
Scaling: Doubles number of projectiles
Cool Down: 2
Cost: 20
Description:

• Launches 2 arrows at the same time, with explosives attached, that will explode on contact creating a 5m diameter explosion dealing D tier burn damage to anyone inside the radios
  • Inside the arrowhead is some dangerous chemicals though it isn't until the arrow is knocked on hard ground that they mix; when the arrow hits its mark the tip will implode from kinetic energy creating the spark that explodes the arrow.  

• Max Range 30

Fader
Tier: B
Type: Supplement
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: For it to work; eye contact with enemy must be broken for at least a second. Only works; in populated streets, poorly lit locations, forests, and desserts.  Saying this there is some required preparation required depending on each location; forging of a sand clock'; mudding of a swamp, bushes in a field and similar.      
Scaling: For each scaling the user can maintain fader an additional post
Cool Down: 3
Cost: 30
Description:

The user swiftly blends in with their surrounding, whether it is the mud and trees of a forest, the sands and heat of a desert, darkness of poorly lit areas and even simply blending in with a populated area. Friends or foe who haven't maintained eye contact will lose vision and find it hard to recover it. Will last 3 posts.

Culverin Eradicator
Tier: B
Requirements/Drawbacks: Without the trait "Nimble Fingers" or similar the user must remain stationary to scale the ability for additional shots.
The arrow must be notched and the string drawn back partially.
Scaling: For every 10 stamina added to the ability they will fire double the amount of projectiles; Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 3
Cost: 30
Description:

• Fires a Devastating Piercing Arrow that moves at high-speed traveling a great distance, piercing through martial its good against in its path to deal B-tier damage to everything it strikes. Leaving a circular hole slightly bigger than the arrowheads size.
  • The arrowhead is that of an Obsidian bodkin point designed to have greater Piercing capabilities [through strong constructs[ not to mention the entire arrow is also designed to cut through its target; with a screw-like nature as it turns.
    [Good against strong constructs such as flesh, Stone, and even iron though such things as a layer of tar and magical defensives it will act as a normal arrow]
  • Max Range - 40m

Sar aray

Tier: C
Class: Warrior/Ranger
Type: Defensive
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: requires the use of a hard ranger type item [Bow, Solid arrow, so-on] either way the attacks need to land at an angled vector in order to parry successfully.  
Scaling: Each scale lets the user block an additional tier.
Cool Down: 2
Cost: 20
Description:

• The uses a hard object meant for battle by a ranger [bow, solid arrow or similar] to impact an incoming attack at a key angle to parry it away.
  • Can only stop C-tier abilities without scaling,  and nothing intangible.

Last edited by Kara Satel Bane on 04/03/18, 02:42 pm; edited 12 times in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} JRbMRoE
Bianca-vault:

2Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} Empty Re: Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} 19/08/17, 11:48 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Full Culverin Eradicator - You’re gonna need to specify an exact range for this arrow. I would most likely keep this at the 40-meter mark.

Fodder????
- This might just be me being picky, but could you perhaps explain what these explosives are? Like, maybe it’s some kind of chain reaction of chemicals on the arrow or something.

Fader - It’s fine to have some kind of camo ability, but you’re still going to need a realistic set-up for it. Just “blending in” isn’t going to cut it, you need to prepare by like..covering yourself in the environment or something. The populated streets part would be easy enough, since all you need is to blend in with the crowd.

Culverin Eradicator
- The whole time stuff on the requirements/drawbacks is completely unneeded for a normal shot like this. That being said, you’re not going to be able to have an arrow that can “pierce through anything”. I know you got it in the older systems, but it’s far too similar to piece magic.

Sar aray - One thing you’ll need to note, is that a parry like this will only allow you to parry up to physical C-Tier abilities. No parrying intangible things, like fire, smoke, ect. If you need an example of how a parry works on the site, maybe check out our member Jingyi’s abilities. ^^

Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} BgH0fcQ
---
Traits Points: 0/8
Shards of Solomon: x2

3Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} Empty Re: Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} 23/08/17, 01:02 am

Kara Satel Bane

Kara Satel Bane
A-Tier
A-Tier

think i am done;

Added information on arrowheads; added range to everything that needs it[45 on the a, as said on discord]; additional drawback information on Fader and notes on my parry ability.

Generally I plan to stick to this scaling D = 15, C = 25 , B = 35, A = 45. O =55.

Bianca-vault:

4Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} Empty Re: Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} 23/08/17, 11:37 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

General - This is directed at both abilities with the “Nimble Fingers” requirement. Again, I think you’re being overly harsh with this drawback. Not only that, but it’s also confusing why you’d need to be stationary if you scaled 4x.

Full Culverin Eradicator - While I agree that having an arrowhead that pierces better is completely possible, it’s still going to be a no-no to say it can pierce through anything. I think it’d be better to say that the arrowhead was made in order to pierce through powerful constructs. Such as, some kind of magic-made crystal barrier. Or perhaps, a wall of obsidian.

Fader - Oh yeah, make sure you state the amount of posts this will last. (Which should be 3, normally.)

Culverin Eradicator - Same thing applies to this, as it does the first ability. Though, just curious, but why make two abilities that do the same thing? Wouldn’t it be better to just keep the A-Tier version?

Sar aray - This isn’t really a fix, but there’s one thing you need to note about parry abilities like this. While you’re able to increase the tier blocked, you won’t be able to completely block a B-Tier ability, despite raising it to B-Tier. It would be a half-and-half kind of thing, as you’d most likely end up injured. However, if the parry was B-Tier, this wouldn’t happen. That is, unless you were trying to parry an A-Tier ability. If that makes any sense.

---

5Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} Empty Re: Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} 29/08/17, 01:07 am

Kara Satel Bane

Kara Satel Bane
A-Tier
A-Tier

Think it's fixed now;

Bianca-vault:

6Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} Empty Re: Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} 30/08/17, 03:33 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Full Culverin Eradicator - I know it’s mainly just fluff, but you’re gonna need to change the “piercing through anything in its path” part. It just sounds too much like pierce magic, which obvious it isn’t. As I’ve said before, it’s fine to just make it good against constructs, which you’ve already stated. Just please note that it doesn’t actually have the ability to pierce through ANYTHING.

Culverin Eradicator - Above applies to this as well.

Sar aray - What exactly do you mean by “a perfectly timed hook [as a fanalis]”? Just curious.

---

7Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} Empty Re: Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} 30/08/17, 04:28 pm

Kara Satel Bane

Kara Satel Bane
A-Tier
A-Tier

Well I edited it to not imply anything;

piercing is always been a archers / Lancers thing; don't understand how magic suddenly has that copyrighted; Like every bladed weapon is designed to pierce through something; these abilities are just to let me hit someone behind a wall, or maybe 3 enemies lined up. Assuming there hasn't been something that has ability wise clashed with the attack.

Sar -way; well a fanalis is naturally strong and thus could have the power of an object to knock something away; Though the punch needs to sort of be horizontal with the incoming attack otherwise it would be more of a clash than parry.

Bianca-vault:

8Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} Empty Re: Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} 31/08/17, 07:13 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

I simply referred to pierce magic, because that’s what pierce magic was intended to do. It’s a type of magic that has an amazing piercing potential. There isn’t much that could stop it from going straight through. I’m not saying that an arrow can’t pierce through a lot, especially when given the right arrowhead + insane strength behind it.

What I AM saying, is that saying it can pierce through ANYTHING isn’t logical by any means. It’s an arrow that’s designed to pierce through harder surfaces, hence the whole structure section I made you put in. While the arrow will have an easier time going through a crystal-made defence dome, it’s not going to be able to go through a crystal wall that was built to counter something like that. Which would essentially be creating a sort of crystal wall that is incredibly thick.

---

9Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} Empty Re: Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} 28/02/18, 09:49 am

Kara Satel Bane

Kara Satel Bane
A-Tier
A-Tier

Think I got these finished via discord when I was fixing these, but thigns might of changed and thus like to just poke these for a quick check by someone.

Bianca-vault:

10Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} Empty Re: Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} 03/03/18, 07:19 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Full Culverin Eradicator

• Requirements/Drawbacks | I'm afraid your current requirements/drawbacks do not suffice. What you have down describes the requirement for scaling. While I certainly have no problem with it, it should be in addition to a requirement for initiating the ability in general.

• Description | Do you mind explaining what you mean by 'Such things as a layer of tar and magical defensives it will act as a normal arrow'? Your intentions for making this statement is not very clear to me. I assume you mean it does not have any special effect on intangible things? But it's not the clearest. If I understand it correctly, I'd just take the sentence out because that's how our system works anyway and it's more confusing than helpful to be honest.

• Description | The range should be more around 50m. Rangers have an increased max range compared to other units.

Fodder????

• Description | The range should be 30m.

Fader

• Description | Just a note for the record - this ability allows you to fade/camoflauge/whatever from anyone whose sight is within the regular/human spectrum. But animals like snakes will be able to see your body heat.

Culverin Eradicator

• Requirements/Drawbacks | Same thing applies to this as it does the full.

• Scaling | You don't really need that specification about the time intervals since we base that stuff on logic for the most part. If you really want it though, I'd replace it with a more general quantity of time like 'a moment'.

• Description | The range may be 40m.

• Description | Again, about 'layer of tar and magical defensives it will act as a normal arrow'.

Sar Aray

• Requirements/Drawback | Since this ability is a Warrior, you may only use Warrior weapons to parry. However, you may also turn it into a cross-class ability. This would allow you to parry with a ranger weapon. Although keep in mind you won't be able to parry with a warrior weapon. It is one or the other.

• Description | You should just create two separate abilities for parrying via sword and parrying with your fists. Though it is both parrying, deflecting with a weapon is quite different from deflecting with your hands. You can't learn one and easily be able to do the other without practice for both.

11Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} Empty Re: Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} 04/03/18, 02:41 pm

Kara Satel Bane

Kara Satel Bane
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ariel-chan wrote:
Full Culverin Eradicator

• Requirements/Drawbacks | I'm afraid your current requirements/drawbacks do not suffice. What you have down describes the requirement for scaling. While I certainly have no problem with it, it should be in addition to a requirement for initiating the ability in general.  

Done
  • Description | Do you mind explaining what you mean by 'Such things as a layer of tar and magical defensives it will act as a normal arrow'? Your intentions for making this statement is not very clear to me. I assume you mean it does not have any special effect on intangible things? But it's not the clearest. If I understand it correctly, I'd just take the sentence out because that's how our system works anyway and it's more, confusing than helpful to be honest.

Basically earlier[auguest time] I needed to list stuff that the arrow was weak against; thus if it hit into tar it wouldn't act as a piercing arrow, same as magical stuff yada yada.  

In my head; if a piercing arrow went through say a B tier wall[it was good agaisnt]  it would still do A tier damage to stuff it hit behind, but still only need another Btier amount of damage to stop it.  So 2 walls would stop the arrow, but still both take A tier.  When it comes to something its weak against, or abilities this concept wouldn't apply in the slightest.

[saying, that i would generally just roleplay it out as a normal arrow, as i don't think thats how the system works"].  

• Description | The range should be more around 50m. Rangers have an increased max range compared to other units. Done all range buffs

Fodder????

• Description | The range should be 30m.

Fader

• Description | Just a note for the record - this ability allows you to fade/camoflauge/whatever from anyone whose sight is within the regular/human spectrum. But animals like snakes will be able to see your body heat. Understood

Culverin Eradicator

• Requirements/Drawbacks | Same thing applies to this as it does the full.
  • Scaling | You don't really need that specification about the time intervals since we base that stuff on logic for the most part. If you really want it though, I'd replace it with a more general quantity of time like 'a moment'.

• Description | The range may be 40m.

• Description | Again, about 'layer of tar and magical defensives it will act as a normal arrow'.

Sar Aray

• Requirements/Drawback | Since this ability is a Warrior, you may only use Warrior weapons to parry. However, you may also turn it into a cross-class ability. This would allow you to parry with a ranger weapon. Although keep in mind you won't be able to parry with a warrior weapon. It is one or the other.

• Description | You should just create two separate abilities for parrying via sword and parrying with your fists. Though it is both parrying, deflecting with a weapon is quite different from deflecting with your hands. You can't learn one and easily be able to do the other without practice for both.

Bianca-vault:

12Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} Empty Re: Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} 04/03/18, 04:03 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved !
Code:
[center][b] Full Culverin Eradicator[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] A
[b]Class:[/b] Ranger
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] Long
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Without the trait "Nimble Fingers" or similar the user must remain stationary to scale the ability for additional shots.
The arrow must be notched and the string drawn back at least 3/4 of the way to being considered fully drawn.

[b]Scaling:[/b] For every 10 stamina added to the ability they will fire double the amount of projectiles;   
[b]Sustain:[/b] 0
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 4
[b]Cost:[/b] 40
[b]Description:[/b]
[list]
[*]Fires a Devastating Piercing Arrow that moves at high-speed traveling a great distance, piercing through materials its good against in its path to deal A-tier damage to everything it strikes. Leaving a circular hole slightly bigger than the arrowheads size.

[*]The arrowhead is that of an Obsidian bodkin point designed to have greater Piercing capabilities [through strong constructs[ not to mention the entire arrow is also designed to cut through its target; with a screw-like nature as it turns.
[Good against strong constructs such as flesh, Stone, Bone, and steel. Such things as a layer of tar and magical defensives it will act as a normal arrow]

[*]Max Range is 50m
[/list]
[hr]
[center][b]Fodder????[/b][/center]

[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Each arrow requires a slight tap on something solid to activate the arrows before firing.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Doubles number of projectiles
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 2
[b]Cost:[/b] 20
[list]
[*]Launches 2 arrows at the same time, with explosives attached, that will explode on contact creating a 5m diameter explosion dealing D tier burn damage to anyone inside the radios
[*]Inside the arrowhead is some dangerous chemicals though it isn't until the arrow is knocked on hard ground that they mix; when the arrow hits its mark the tip will implode from kinetic energy creating the spark that explodes the arrow.  

[*]Max Range 30
[/list]
[hr]

[center][b]Fader[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] B
[b]Type:[/b] Supplement
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] For it to work; eye contact with enemy must be broken for at least a second. Only works; in populated streets, poorly lit locations, forests, and desserts.  Saying this there is some required preparation required depending on each location; forging of a sand clock'; mudding of a swamp, bushes in a field and similar.      
[b]Scaling:[/b] For each scaling the user can maintain fader an additional post
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 3
[b]Cost:[/b] 30
[list]
The user swiftly blends in with their surrounding, whether it is the mud and trees of a forest, the sands and heat of a desert, darkness of poorly lit areas and even simply blending in with a populated area. Friends or foe who haven't maintained eye contact will lose vision and find it hard to recover it. Will last 3 posts.[/list]

[hr]

[center][b]Culverin Eradicator[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] B
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Without the trait "Nimble Fingers" or similar the user must remain stationary to scale the ability for additional shots.
The arrow must be notched and the string drawn back partially.
[b]Scaling:[/b] For every 10 stamina added to the ability they will fire double the amount of projectiles; [b]Sustain:[/b] 0
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 3
[b]Cost:[/b] 30
[list]
[*]Fires a Devastating Piercing Arrow that moves at high-speed traveling a great distance, piercing through martial its good against in its path to deal B-tier damage to everything it strikes. Leaving a circular hole slightly bigger than the arrowheads size.
[*]The arrowhead is that of an Obsidian bodkin point designed to have greater Piercing capabilities [through strong constructs[ not to mention the entire arrow is also designed to cut through its target; with a screw-like nature as it turns.
[Good against strong constructs such as flesh, Stone, and even iron though such things as a layer of tar and magical defensives it will act as a normal arrow]
[*]Max Range - 40m
[/list]
[hr]

[center][b]Sar aray[/b][/center]

[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Class:[/b] Warrior/Ranger
[b]Type:[/b] Defensive
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] requires the use of a hard ranger type item [Bow, Solid arrow, so-on] either way the attacks need to land at an angled vector in order to parry successfully.  
[b]Scaling:[/b] Each scale lets the user block an additional tier.
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 2
[b]Cost:[/b] 20
[list]
[*]The uses a hard object meant for battle by a ranger [bow, solid arrow or similar] to impact an incoming attack at a key angle to parry it away.
[*]Can only stop C-tier abilities without scaling,  and nothing intangible.
[/list]

13Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} Empty Re: Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} 04/03/18, 04:40 pm

Kara Satel Bane

Kara Satel Bane
A-Tier
A-Tier

Forgot to mention; these were part of replacing skills from my previously own abilities that through the process of 2 system changes; Where not functional anymore.  Then there was an event where i had to update Bianca [Original characther to something new while maintaining all of her stuff, thus Bianca became Kara [Trying to find topic for that] All own skills at this time were transferred into free skill slots of eqvuilant rank. Thus why 1 of these skills isn't exactly on the lines of another skill i had

https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t3735-bianca-cordelia-brown-vault#19089 My old vault before that change is here, to show the number of skills I had. Most are just adjusted versions of the skills i had.

10 D  7C  3B and 1A. Do i need to refind the original approval topics from back then?

Bianca-vault:

14Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} Empty Re: Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} 04/03/18, 07:51 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

The biggest reason you would need to do so would be to give staff a comparison of your new to old to decide whether you need to retrain your abilities or not.

15Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} Empty Re: Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} 05/03/18, 01:53 am

Kara Satel Bane

Kara Satel Bane
A-Tier
A-Tier

What i meant was, during the first change to the system. A significant amount of my skills got negated [non existant] and there was a thing at the time that converted them to equal value. but i couldn't find that post. Though i found conv with me asking garret questions at the time who was staff then.
Sorry for this being a mess, i'm going reorganise this once i found where everything is

https://i.imgur.com/Wr4ps4d.png
https://i.imgur.com/dtYGDJn.png
-- Convosation--

Only got around to cashing in these ones for equivalent value, though after i came back from the ones below the system changed again
https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t4455-abilties-replacement-set-1-bianca
https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t4456-abilitie-replacement-set-2-bianac#22948

Anyway
The original approval topics for the similar ones
https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t3521-bianca-a-rank-spell = same as current A rank basically.
https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t3433-bianca-b-ranks-spells#17099

Bianca-vault:

16Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} Empty Re: Kara Satel Bane {5 Skill} 05/03/18, 10:35 am

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Oh oh wait, since you're retconning/remaking your abilities from the old system then you shouldn't need to train them. Sorry about forgetting that ^^;;.
But anyway, you really don't need to do anything extra as far as I know? I'll be moving this to the Approved Training subboard now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum