You are not connected. Please login or register

[Poll] Djinn Suggestion

+4
Diana Corvus
Rima Fahim
Ariel
Azix Niraj
8 posters

Should Magicians be allowed Djinn and Household Members?

[Poll] Djinn Suggestion Votepi1069%[Poll] Djinn Suggestion Votepi10 69% [ 18 ]
[Poll] Djinn Suggestion Votepi1031%[Poll] Djinn Suggestion Votepi10 31% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 26

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[Poll] Djinn Suggestion Empty [Poll] Djinn Suggestion 02/06/17, 10:39 pm

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Howdy folks! Since I've been around again, it seems like quite a few people want magicians to have the option for Djinn Equip instead of Divine Staff again. In the interest of getting the change pushed, here's another poll for it. So, folks, lets see a show of hands for or against this issue.

2[Poll] Djinn Suggestion Empty Re: [Poll] Djinn Suggestion 02/06/17, 10:50 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

We've already made a poll for this but so as long as Diana is fine with it, you're welcome to do it again ^^

(the link, if you're wondering, is right here -
https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t7954-poll-divine-staffs-vs-metal-vessels )

3[Poll] Djinn Suggestion Empty Re: [Poll] Djinn Suggestion 02/06/17, 11:10 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Heavy Spoilers from the Alma Torran arc down below, read with caution!

While I don't really mind the concept of a Divine Staff, if we are to continue having them I'd prefer them to be cool like the ACTUAL Divine Staves. AKA allowing the magician(or whoever wields it) to open up their third eye, granting them awesome Alma Torran magic. The Divine Staves we have right now are just watered down and boring. I was undoubtedly wrong when I called them weak in the past. However, I don't think many will disagree with me when I say how boring they are.

In the manga, there were two different types of Divine Staff. The first being what I described in my first post. An incredibly powerful staff in Alma Torran (Which were later destroyed, after some events took place.) that granted both magician's AND mortals intense magic. The second Divine Staff was created by Ugo. There were a total of 72 of these Divine Staves, each created in the image of the original. 72, familiar, no? That's because they would later be known as Metal Vessels. Some stuff happened (not going too far into detail, just to lower the amount of spoilers in my post) and the people wielding these new Staves essentially fused together, creating Djinn. So, it just sort of irks me that Magician's are forced to use a "Divine Staff" even when they are basically just the original form of a metal vessel. The Djinn is still inside of our Divine Staves, but apparently it just works differently.

Balance is an entirely different thing, but considering Magician's are still allowed Dark Metal Vessels...it seems kind of unfair for the good aligned players. We could also remove Magician's from even getting their hands on these things completely, but that is also extremely unfair. I understand that it's canon and they shouldn't have them in the first place, but it's far too late to just take them away from people. Unless we want to rip their hard-worked reward from them.

That's just my take on the entire situation though. If any of my information is invalid, feel free to correct me. However, I'm farely confident that I understand them enough after reading the manga. All in all, I just feel like magician's should be allowed a metal vessel again. ^^

4[Poll] Djinn Suggestion Empty Re: [Poll] Djinn Suggestion 02/06/17, 11:16 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

I mean... I've already fought tooth and nail over this issue. So all I really have to say is:

[Poll] Djinn Suggestion Thumbs-aloft

5[Poll] Djinn Suggestion Empty Re: [Poll] Djinn Suggestion 02/06/17, 11:33 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

I've got to agree with Rima. The Divine Staves we have now are really boring. They're definitely not weak, but they are kinda boring... But I really don't want to give magicians MVs. They're already OP as it is, being the most versatile class. They excel in both close and far ranged attacks, as well as they can cause status effects without much of a limit. Sure they have a few limitations but if you're a good writer/PvP player you can probably find a way around those issues.

Rima, you do have a point about how dark magicians are allowed DMVs. However, the way I see it is that DMVs are way harder to obtain (and keep) and those with light-aligned players outnumber those with dark rukh. Most likely a ton of white rukh players will gang up on one or two black rukh players. Anyway, the systems were designed so that it was the level and skill of the writer, rather than the character, that mattered.

6[Poll] Djinn Suggestion Empty Re: [Poll] Djinn Suggestion 03/06/17, 01:05 pm

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ariel Harel wrote:I've got to agree with Rima. The Divine Staves we have now are really boring. They're definitely not weak, but they are kinda boring... But I really don't want to give magicians MVs. They're already OP as it is, being the most versatile class. They excel in both close and far ranged attacks, as well as they can cause status effects without much of a limit. Sure they have a few limitations but if you're a good writer/PvP player you can probably find a way around those issues.

Rima, you do have a point about how dark magicians are allowed DMVs. However, the way I see it is that DMVs are way harder to obtain (and keep) and those with light-aligned players outnumber those with dark rukh. Most likely a ton of white rukh players will gang up on one or two black rukh players. Anyway, the systems were designed so that it was the level and skill of the writer, rather than the character, that mattered.

I understand where you are coming from, but magicians can't cast magic while Djinn Equipped, besides the Djinn abilities themselves. Other classes can use abilities that pertain to the Djinn Weapon. That right there gives non-magicians an edge (so would my proposal for defensive abilities *cough, cough*). So in my eyes, a magician djinn equipping takes away the versatility you are concerned about. (This is under the assumption that magicians can't cast spells while djinn equipped still)

7[Poll] Djinn Suggestion Empty Re: [Poll] Djinn Suggestion 03/06/17, 01:45 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Magicians are OP with/without Divine Staves/Djinn Equips. Giving them more is will simply make them more OP one way or another;

Divine Staves are extremely versatile as they half the cost of their theme while allowing every other magic type to be used simultaneously.

Djinn Equips give Magicians weapons and flight at the measly cost of 20 magoi initially and 10 magoi per post thereafter. Since Magicians have the highest Magoi pools, they can both sustain and scale spells more than non-Magicians. They may not have much in terms of Stamina, but enough to use their weapon for Stamina related abilities which gives them as much versatility as non-Magicians.

8[Poll] Djinn Suggestion Empty Re: [Poll] Djinn Suggestion 03/06/17, 03:43 pm

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zadi wrote:Magicians are OP with/without Divine Staves/Djinn Equips. Giving them more is will simply make them more OP one way or another;

Divine Staves are extremely versatile as they half the cost of their theme while allowing every other magic type to be used simultaneously.

Djinn Equips give Magicians weapons and flight at the measly cost of 20 magoi initially and 10 magoi per post thereafter. Since Magicians have the highest Magoi pools, they can both sustain and scale spells more than non-Magicians. They may not have much in terms of Stamina, but enough to use their weapon for Stamina related abilities which gives them as much versatility as non-Magicians.

Funny you bring that up... When Diana was making systems to return metal vessels to the magicians, she and Rima actually were going to increase the cost of magoi for magicians to cast and sustain the forms, though not by much, as well as the the cooldown (I think) and take away the ability to absorb elements.

Requires 10 magoi to activate and 5 magoi to sustain. Cooldown of 6 posts.

Magicians required 20 or 30 magoi to activate and 10 or 15 magoi to sustain.

Requires 20 magoi to activate and 10 magoi to sustain. Cooldown of 8 posts.

Magicians required 30 or 40 magoi to cast and 15 or 20 magoi to sustain.

During the process, DMVs were still being worked on, so it matched their metal vessel counterparts. And I don't recall if households were touched yet. I cant remember if magician king candidates had limits to the members allowed in their household if it was worked on.

It might go through a similar process once Diana and Rima work on a prototype... and I'll say this now... I hope it doesn't impact dark metal vessels that much or at all

9[Poll] Djinn Suggestion Empty Re: [Poll] Djinn Suggestion 15/06/17, 03:29 pm

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

We talked about this before and explained why magicians shouldn't have metal vessels for balance reasons.

Yet again people bringing it up again and again to push it through, when we all know it was a magician restriction for balance.

We even gave suggestions about divine staff's the fact the vast majority of magicians on the site didn't understand how powerful they could be. Yet all you want is the power of a metal vessel, yet when I suggested allowing a non-buff form for that "special"ness the same people complained that it wasn't the same.

10[Poll] Djinn Suggestion Empty Re: [Poll] Djinn Suggestion 15/06/17, 04:31 pm

Azmot

Azmot
D-Tier
D-Tier

I voted yes on accident, sorry.

While it is the "popular" opinion that Magician's should become less restricted, I think this is a poor choice. Divine Staffs, while they deviate from the canon, already offer a plethora of advantages. Besides - don't we already deviate from the canon greatly? Seems weird to draw the line now.

Basically, please redact my vote and switch it to "no". Magicians are by far the most powerful class as it is.

Ultimately, this is continuity versus balance, story versus competitive. The more power allowed, the more trust you have to place on users to not play in a degenerative way. Either you say "eh, story > balance or balance > story."

Last edited by Azmot on 15/06/17, 04:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

11[Poll] Djinn Suggestion Empty Re: [Poll] Djinn Suggestion 15/06/17, 04:40 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

We only stray from canon characters, and the plot-line of course (possibly a few more things, but we're honestly not that far off). This suggestion has essentially already been approved to be pushed through, so further comments most likely won't change the outcome.

If you will, notice the time-stamp on the last post other than Voda's own. We've already discussed this matter (quite a lot in the discord, in fact.), so there isn't really a need to continue bringing it up. Though, you're still free to express your opinion.

I just wanted to throw down a warning for anyone who does, that it will most likely be overlooked considering what the majority of what the population has voted for.

12[Poll] Djinn Suggestion Empty Re: [Poll] Djinn Suggestion 15/06/17, 04:45 pm

Azmot

Azmot
D-Tier
D-Tier

Oh man i'm sorry, i totally didn't look at the time stamps X.X

i edited my last post but i guess it doesn't matter.

13[Poll] Djinn Suggestion Empty Re: [Poll] Djinn Suggestion 15/06/17, 04:50 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

It's not an issue at all! Again, opinions are welcome. I just wanted to give a forewarning.~

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum