You are not connected. Please login or register

The Mysterious Monk [Job/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Mysterious Monk [Job/Solo] Empty The Mysterious Monk [Job/Solo] 12/03/17, 04:54 pm

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

Jingyi glanced at the man beside her, watching as the man pulled up the white shall that he wore. The woman was quiet for once, but the sweet silence was broken by her confused inquiry.

"Soo... What was that job you wanted me to do? Something to do in the forest? Oh! And my name is Jingyi Hou, by the name! A pleasure to meet you! What's your name?"

The monk remained silent, however, his only reaction to pull down the brim of his wide hat. But as she continued to stare at him, Yusha sighed and turned his head away as he answered.

"I wanted to go out and pick herbs and berries, but I am much too weak to fight off any of the animals that we are to encounter within the forest," he answered, the rings of his Khakkhara ringing at each step. He meant to stay silent, to not inform her of his name till he was certain that she was to be his pupil. But her gaze never faltered, so he sighed before revealing his new name, "You may call me Yusha. I am one of the monks who reside in of the Jade Dragon Mountain temples."

Jingyi smiled as she finally learned his name, nodding her head eagerly. Anyone who grew up in the country knew what a monk looked like, so she had already known that the long-haired man was a monk.

Her gaze turned away from Yusha, turning so she may look down the path that they were traveling down. They had entered the forest a while ago, but it would seem that they had farther to go to pick the herbs that the monk had mentioned.

"Alright, so where are the herbs?" She questioned, returning her attention to the older monk.

"There's going to be a path on your right. It's hard to spot so keep a look out. We'll travel down it till we reach a pile of rocks. That's when we step off the path and walk till we reach berry bushes. There'll be some herbs nearby that I'll pick, and you can gather the berries. But we'll have to be careful for animals are known to pass by that area, especially bears."

Jingyi managed to keep quiet during the monk's talk, nodding her head at parts. At the mention of animals, Jingyi's hand drifted to the hilt of Grasscutter. No pesky animal would be able to get the better of them as long as Jingyi was there to stop them!

It wasn't long before Jingyi spotted the very path Yusha had mentioned, and together the duo turned onto it and traveled to the rocks he had mentioned. When they came across the formation, Yusha took the lead, stepping in front of Jingyi and leading her to the bushes.

There he handed her a bag to pick berries while he wandered nearby to get the herbs. Jingyi was careful to keep him in her line of sight, just in case a bear really did come through.

It was a good thing that she did, for twenty minutes barely passed before she heard the ruffle of a large beast rummaging through the foliage.

Dropping the bag of berries onto the ground, Jingyi whirled around to face a massive bear. She had faced one before within the very same forest, and she spotted the cuts that she had given it from the last time.

The bear recognized her as well, from the smell of weapon polish to her red hair. It gave a roar before moving onto its hind legs, its teeth bared at the warrior.

Behind her she hear Yusha scramble away, but Jingyi paid no notice, all her attention fixed on the bear as it roared. The beast dropped onto its front legs and rushed forwards, its teeth trying to bite the redhead.

But Jingyi rolled away, barely missing its maws as it snapped air. The warrior then tried to get to her feet, but Piercing Claws found her as the bear scratched her back, tearing through her armor and leaving a bleeding gash.

The woman bit back a cry, pulling herself to her feet and whirling around. Jingyi quickly drew Grasscutter as she fell into the Mamushi Stance. The bear roared once more as it swung its paws, but it was too late.

Jingyi had already begun to weave and bob around, ducking under its heavy swings before lunging forwards and swinging her sword, performing the attack that she called Hypnotic Viper.

The move left a new scar on the bear, causing it to roar and stumble backwards before falling onto its legs and retreating.

It was at that moment when Yusha scrambled over, a bag clutched in his hands as he went to inspect her wounds.

"Alright, I think we have enough. Let's get out of here and I'll treat your wounds."

Job Details:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum