Training With Lions [Mission/Job Durkfahl]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Mission:

After giving Job his money, Zadi informed the young mage of a lion problem occurring near the city. A lion pair of father and son have been attacking traders, probably for food. Regardless of the reason, Zadi thought Job needed combat experience and therefore decided to use these lions as "sparring buddies" for the wind mage. Granted, Zadi would help Job. The supposed difficulty of this mission is higher than Job is probably able to handle on his own. After all, letting a member of the group die just to train some wouldn't be good, plain and simple.

Anyway, Zadi told Job to get a good night's rest and meet Zadi at the crack of dawn outside the entrance of the city. From there, Zadi and Job would attempt to slay the lions, get experience, and some Huang as a plus.

Waiting, Zadi stretched his arms and legs in order to keep limber. The lions may very well be stronger than the mission details imply. However, there is also the chance the lions are being overestimated. Either which way, Zadi waited for Job to show up.

186/1,500 WC
260 magoi
290 stamina

Items Brought Into Thread:

Weapons Brought Into Thread:

(OOC: Try to post within 48 hours of my posts. I'll do the same. However, don't worry about posting if you can't. Remember, this is about having fun~)

Job Durkfahl

Job Durkfahl
C-Tier
C-Tier

I met Zadi again a little later in the week to receive my money which I had completely forgot about though happy to obtain. I was excited to get started on building up my skills and proving that I was worth being part of his group despite being significantly weaker than most of my companions. when he said that we have a mission to do I was naturally very excited. I went back to my quarters and thought about the big day that I was going to have. I eventually fell asleep (I don't even know how I did it considering how excited I was) I was up at the crack of dawn. I leapt out of bed and rushed out to meet Zadi at the gates of the city, "What's the plan sir?" I questioned awaiting his orders.

141/1500

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zadi didn't have to wait long for Job to show up. Now that Zadi and Job were together, they could take on the lions as requested. Zadi knew the location the lions were striking the traders and decided to start from there, obviously. Hopefully the lions hasn't moved locations for whatever reason. Anyway, Zadi greeted Job;

"Hey there Job, glad you could make it. The plan now is to defeat some pesky lions. They've been attacking traders coming to the city, slowing down business. There's apparently a father and a son, though they both seem to be equally strong, according to the reports. Never know, so keep your senses heightened and your guard up."

Zadi got out a map in order to get a better understanding of the direction. He then continued to brief Job, "According to this map, we can get to the lion's attacking site by foot. However, that'll probably take an hour. Better get to it then. Let's go!"

And with that, Zadi made his way to the attack site. Hopefully Job understood and would walk with Zadi. Perhaps they would talk on their way there. Getting to know each other better is important for better teamwork, "Oh, and no need to call me sir. Everyone in the group is equal."

386/1,500 WC

Job Durkfahl

Job Durkfahl
C-Tier
C-Tier

"Lions, wow I haven't seen anything like that in person only in books" I said with excitement. we were going to be fighting lions! I could never have dreamed about fighting an animal like that before. I was surprised that they were eating people though. Zadi took out a map and pointed to the area that we needed to go. I must say that I was still a little nervous. seeing as I didn't really do much combat until recently when I got here. We started walking; I knew that it was probably best that we were going this alone considering that I was the only one there seeing as I was the weakest one and therefore needed the most training. So it stood to reason that I would be the one who needed to be trained but it got me thinking if there would be other people like me in this group that I would meet soon "Are we going to stay in Reim long? This city is amazing!" I exclaimed "What brought you to this country?" I asked with a jovial tone. I awaited the answer as we walked along the conversation would hopefully put my fears to rest and would be able to focus on the battle at hand.

366/1500

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

"I've fought lions before, but they were mostly females, not males. Let's hope the males aren't much different than their book counterparts, hahaha!"

The young man then asked how long they would stay in Reim and Zadi honestly didn't know. However, some sort of legitimate answer would be better than none, "Probably for some time. We want to train you, which is the main reason we are staying. Reim goes through trouble daily; the more trouble the more training."

Reim's "trouble rate" isn't much higher than other countries, but Reim is simply very big which allows for more trouble, numerically speaking. Anyway, Zadi was reminded of Farid's advice; perhaps this little magician is important to Magnostadt? Not to mention the possibility of Job lying for whatever reason. Zadi gently put his closest hand on Job's closest shoulder, activated Dark Blood's magic function, and tried to pass the activation time by having a serious talk with Job;

"Honestly, our group has only three members, you being the least strong. During the sparing match, you ran out of spells to cast very quickly. However, I see great potential in you, Job. That's why I'm helping you train."

If enough time passed for Dark Blood's ability to activate, then Zadi would find out nothing new. Job is Job Durkfahl. Nothing fishy about the young magician who may or may not be from Magnostadt. Either Job cut ties with Magnostadt or Job isn't from Magnostadt. Dark Blood couldn't find anything related to Magnostadt, so those two options had to suffice. Regardless, there was nothing to fear about Job.

Anyway, Job and Zadi's walking eventually got them to their destination, the lion's attack location. Blood was everywhere it could be. Splatter on the rocks, on the ground, within the sand, and everywhere else, "We seem to have reached our destination. Keep quiet and above all, vigilante. The lions may still be here somewhere." Zadi unsheathed his sword in preparation for what may come. Hopefully Job got his medium out and ready to use, too.

725/1,500 WC
250 magoi [-10]
290 stamina

Abilities:

Equipment:

Job Durkfahl

Job Durkfahl
C-Tier
C-Tier

As we walked, Zadi answered my questions. I knew that I was the weakest one and I needed new spells to help support my comrades. If I do well enough in this mission and get stronger he could learn more magic and help his new friends. "Back in Magnostadt, where I'm from. I would never have even dreamed of actually doing work fighting like this. I mean there are the battle exams but I never would have thought to fight trouble like this. Its kinda cool!" it was exciting to see the rest of town but I must say that I was really scared at the sight of blood from the lions. However I tried to ready myself as much as possible. I knew that Zadi was counting on me to do well. I also thought of my family back home in Magnostadt. I was a good magician and I was taught well. though I only used one type of magic I knew that I could help do more work than what was expected of me. I got out my staff hoping that people wouldn't laugh at me because it was a broom I like to keep practical ok...anyway...I readied my staff and looked around at the field to find the lions.

576/1500

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job seemed prepared for whatever came his way. Zadi was glad Job wasn't too new to fighting, otherwise this mission would mostly be Zadi helping Job, unless the lions turned out to be way to strong. Regardless of experience, stronger creatures tend to win against weaker creatures. Anyway, Zadi could hear rocks moving in the background, pebbles hitting the ground, sand shifting, slow movements that Zadi couldn't see. These slow movements were probably the lions hiding and waiting to strike.

"You can hear them, right Job? They're hunting us, waiting for us to lower our guard."

Thinking about the situation, it would be best to comply with the hunting, otherwise the lions would either leave or wait for Job and Zadi to leave. So yeah, having thought about the predicament, Zadi told Job what to do next;

"They aren't going to show themselves if we look prepared. This is going to be risky, but-"

However, Zadi's expectations were dashed as the lions came out from hiding. They must be cocky lions to just come out from an advantageous position. Regardless, the hunt was on and Zadi kept his guard up, unlike he planned. This unpredictability would be dangerous, for sure. Right now, the lions were just circling, but Zadi couldn't tell when they would change their position again and try to attack. Zadi's circling thoughts kept him distracted from the bigger issue; the lion's circling was getting closer. With every circle made around Zadi and Job, the lions were getting ever closer. Zadi didn't see this, so hopefully Job did.

985/1,500 WC
250 magoi
290 stamina

Job Durkfahl

Job Durkfahl
C-Tier
C-Tier

As we walked I knew that I had to prove myself. I hadn’t killed any animals before so this was going to be interesting. The place was barren it looked like a warzone. Blood everywhere rocks scattered about as if the merchants, in a bid to defend themselves, dislodged some rubble in a clearly vain attempt to kill the lions.  Now it was up to me, an inexperienced magician and Zadi, a clearly experienced warrior, to hunt and kill these creatures. It was a shame that we had to end their lives. But I knew that they would only cause more harm if they were still alive. If only I knew sound magic or perhaps life magic in order to get the beasts to calm themselves…but I guess that we wouldn’t be in this situation of me needing training if I did.

I heard shifting around the area we were in, trying to hear what was going on, I strained my ears, It must be the lions I knew that if they did arrive I had at least one spell that I could use to be of use while we formulated a more coherent plan. I looked around but I couldn’t see where they could have possibly been. We were in a pretty precarious spot being at the mercy of these creatures. Not knowing where or when they would strike. Then they did. Seemingly out of nowhere these animals appeared with the intent of not having us live to fight another day. I knew that if I didn’t do something these damned lions could very well maim me and I wasn’t about to have that happen to me. Then I realized something they weren’t attacking us just yet they were still sizing us up. Making sue that they would take use on without much harm done to themselves. The creatures circled getting every closer. I knew what I had to do.

“Zadi, please get close to me these lions are circling” I noted I began to prepare my broom wand “Asfal Tafif I shouted” a I sent a 2 m wind barrier around us as the lions decided now would be the time to attack. They hit the wind barrier and recoiled back in pain from the wind wall. “The wind barrier isn’t going to last for too long but at least they’ve been hurt” I said from within the wind orb. I think its time that we were to get rid of these pests once and for all.” I was feeling mighty confident now everything was flowing and I was really ready to fight as a true warrior! I looked to Zadi to see if he had any orders of if this was really going to be my fight with him only intervening if I get seriously overwhelmed which was a great possibility considering there were two lions and only one of me with all of 5 really spells at his disposal. I was ready to blast back anything in my way. But I stayed calm and waited for my opportunity.

Magoi:130/150
Moves Used:

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job seemed to have noticed the lions getting closer as they were circling. Zadi snapped out of his self-induced trance and got closer to Job, back to back now, one lion on opposite sides. The situation seemed to be getting precarious, but Job didn't waste time thinking and just put up a borg-like shield made of wind. However, the trick to this shield was the damage it output against attackers; the lions attempted to get closer, but they hesitated when they were damaged by the wind shield that Job put up.

"Good job...Job. Anyway, while they're hesitating, attack!"

With one lion per person, Zadi would take the lion in front of him which happened to look like the father of the two lions. Whether this would be a good pick for Job or not was to be decided by time. Regardless, Job had to gain experience so defeating a lion should be challenging. The Father Lion that Zadi decided to attack stopped hesitating and also decided to attack Zadi in return.

The Father Lion seemed to be attack first with a Resounding Roar which would also deal damage to Job. Thankfully, Zadi countered with his now equipped shield and a Flapping Dragonfly just in time such that the disrupting wind pressure would foil the sound waves. Zadi then followed through with a Stinging Wasp using his still unsheathed sword. Zadi's sharp sword would naturally increase the damage done by the two thrusts (A-tier). The Father Lion also followed through after his roar with a Rebound Swipe, two claw strikes. However, Zadi's sword trumped the Father Lion's claws, killing the lion in the process of the claws clashing with the blade of Rukh Slayer.

With the Father Lion felt with, Zadi looked back to see how Job was doing against the Son Lion. Hopefully Zadi would either see an intense battle taking place or a downed lion, not a downed Job.

"Come on Job, don't be dead when I look..."

1,314/1,500 WC
250 magoi
240 stamina [-30, -20]

Tech(s):

Job Durkfahl

Job Durkfahl
C-Tier
C-Tier

I was ready the younger lion was the one that decided to take me on. “Alright, you want to dance?” I said, “I can take you on!” however in my attempt at being a badass however, the lion wasted no time in charging at me. I managed to block the attack but only barely, this wasn’t a game, or some story in that he had read in the past, this was real. I had to be prepared and be vigilant because the lion wasn’t going to hold back and Zadi already had his hands full with the father lion. I breathed, thinking about the spell that I wanted to use and called upon the rukh to help him in this situation. Calling on the wind as he did against Zadi. I first used Asfal Mesim calling upon the wind to form into a ball as the rukh turned into a brilliant white colour and shot out at the creature I was proud of myself for not flinching in the face of danger. My wind smacked him square in the jaw he reeled for a few seconds before getting even madder at me. He came barreling at me I had to use my only other purely offensive spell, Asfal Shariha. I pushed my wand in a semi circular pattern but before I could cast the spell, the lion caught the wand in his mouth. I wrestled with the damn creature and in doing so I wished I had more magic so that I could kill this lion with one fell swoop. I saw Zadi fighting that lion and I knew I had to do my part and I couldn’t give up this easily! I had to try to use my Asfal Tafif one last time. Blast of wind encircled me severly damaging the lion since he was so close up it made him drop his wand and I put in extra magoi to the final spell Asfal Shariha which summoned one blade of air that slashed the lion in the throat, killing it fairly quickly.
This was my first kill. It was neither exhilarating nor depressing it was just kind of there. I looked at the lion’s body blood still leaking out of is carotid artery I had known where to strike because of the lessons in basic anatomy body from when I was trying to learn life magic from my eldest brother. I still was breathing heavily as I inspected the creature. It was a real shame that it had to be killed but we had no other option did we. I understood my mission and I had completed it so I could at least take solace in that. I looked over to Zadi to see if he needed my help to finish off the father lion.

1563/1500
magoi 110/160

abilities used:

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zadi and Job seemed to look back at each other at the same time. Both finished off their targets just about as quickly. A nice victory that ought to help Job grow as a fighter and maybe even grow as a person. Anyway, with the lions defeated, Zadi and Job need to now trek back to the city and claim their rewards. Zadi's funds were getting pretty low, at least comparatively, so a little extra dough wouldn't hurt. Zadi felt proud of his choice and decided to congratulate Job for his wonderful efforts;

"Good work, Job. I didn't get to see the battle you fought, but obviously you seem to have done magnificent to come out seemingly unscathed. However, that's not the end of your training. Let's head back, claim the reward, and rest until I call for you again. Here's a Journey Book so that we may communicate over long distances. Write something in one book and the message will appear within the other book."

Zadi also gave Job a Journey Book, much like Zadi did with Farid. This way there wouldn't have to be any guess as to what Zadi wanted to do next. With these books, Zadi could just let Job know their next agenda and vice versa.

[exit]

1,500+/1,500 words

Job Durkfahl

Job Durkfahl
C-Tier
C-Tier

When I looked over to Zadi, he was done the lion had been slain and we could go home. He looked relatively unscathed unsurprising for a warrior of his calibre we walked back to the merchants who assigned us the mission in the first place, they were happy, naturally for defeating that threat but I really wasn't I guess a part of me wanted to have saved those lions, they weren't really doing anything out of the ordinary, they were just being animals...I guessed that I could have done something more to protect them. have them join me or something. As Zadi gave me a journey book I realized that I needed more magic so that I could be more useful offensively. As I walked away I thought about what my next magic should be.

[exit]

1601/1500

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum