Vodarara
Kabutop
Farid Issah
Abal
Greyfield
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Suggestion: Common Mounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestion: Common Mounts 26/01/16, 06:36 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

This calls into question the health of a dungeon mount and the reasonability of using some of them in combat. Granted, I'm sure health of dungeon mounts is being considered in staff discussion as well, I'd like to point out one of the more crazy mounts for someone to ride into combat.

https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t2009-cyrex-25000-huang-sale-item

Cyrex is 5 meters tall and moves at 15m/s. That's a little insane for a gigantic metal golem. I was under the impression that dungeon mounts were strictly for social and travel purposes. That's part of why I brought this thread up in the first place.

Also, the flying carpet was never intended to be counted in the same category as a dungeon mount when it was added to the forum. It is a magic tool that grants flight which you just so happen to ride.

27Suggestion: Common Mounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestion: Common Mounts 26/01/16, 07:06 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I considered them to be dungeon mounts, as they were released with the dungeon... but to be more clear, allow me to reword this:

it doesn't infringe on the benefits of the more expensive dungeon mounts which offer massive speed in combat or travel count reduction

to this:

it doesn't infringe on the benefits of the more expensive dungeon mounts and flying carpets which offer travel count reduction or massive speed in combat, respectively

most general dungeon mounts (the ones resembling creatures) cannot be ridden into combat... it seems that one doesn't have the note, but I will be sure to add it in.

28Suggestion: Common Mounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestion: Common Mounts 26/01/16, 10:06 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Wait, so creature dungeon mounts, like Gaaron or Cyrex can't be ridden into battle? I would like to disagree and ask...why can't they be ridden into battle? A flying carpet can...but a mounted beast can't?

29Suggestion: Common Mounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestion: Common Mounts 26/01/16, 11:07 pm

Basma of Gerel

Basma of Gerel
D-Tier
D-Tier

Why not release it with those initial stats and then, a player can "rank up" their speed by doing a job with a dominance spec player training their mount. That way dominance spec players can get involved and help?

30Suggestion: Common Mounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestion: Common Mounts 27/01/16, 10:14 am

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Zadi: Most mounts specifically state "Cannot be ridden into combat". Also, creature mounts are a fraction of the cost of a Magic Carpet and have different capabilities.

Basma: The idea was to keep this all very simple, not to have to institute an entirely new system for this. We already have a fairly complex number of systems, so the simpler, the better.

31Suggestion: Common Mounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestion: Common Mounts 27/01/16, 04:47 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

So only if the mount states that it "cannot be ridden into battle" can it not be ridden into battle, right? So Gaaron (as an example) can be ridden into battle?

Example:

32Suggestion: Common Mounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestion: Common Mounts 27/01/16, 05:12 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

all of the creature dungeon mounts should say "cannot be ridden into battle". The mount you show was made by prior staff and was never updated, which was our fault. However, it should also state "Cannot be ridden into combat."

33Suggestion: Common Mounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestion: Common Mounts 01/03/16, 12:44 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Moving to Suggestion in Progess, as it ties somewhat into the mount suggestions thread as well~

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum