2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Mission
Spoiler:

Lagi was already prepared to   go off and look for his father when he met with Shivali. He was pretty much confident towards the fact  that Shivalli was there to help Hidan take care of Sabin, as well as getting a extra hand to care for baby Octavia.  His family was there, and getting quite big, basically the future generation of everything Lagi was working hard for. “If only dad was here to see them…” Lagi wondered how Roark would react to  having not one, but two grandchildren. This wasn’t meant to be an ongoing thing of lagi having a vast array of children, the notion of family was very important to the lagi clan, everything was for the sake of their last name and succession. “Phew….” Lagi would sigh as he followed the compass while riding on El Drago. El drago would pivot his left eye to take a look at the king. “Two children and a missing council member, influential in both the council of reim and the El Nagi Clan.  You have big shoes to fill if the worst comes to shove. “ Lagi would groan with a worried tone as he continued to follow the rukh compass. “Turn left here, and you don’t know that Draconis. There is a difference between being a realist and a negative nagger. El Drago laughed, that was a new word for Lagi. “Negative nagger? I’m just asking you to be aware of all liabilities. I never really told anybody this but I  had kin once. That story is for another time,  but I just want you to know that I am not feeding you nonsense.  At this current stage, they are only tools to be used to get to you, you have to understand your current position as king, and the weight that you carry with your businesses, as well as investigating the dark hand. Think that doesn’t bring enemies? On top of the unrest you have with your fellow corp that’s led by Octavius? “ They were almost to the destination, but el drago stopped as he looked in the opposite direction. Lagi wondered why, also looking.

"Trouble?” El drago shrugged, but kept his guard up. “ Not sure, just a feeling, as well as seeing something in the distance. It could be  bird, it could be a Manta that was tailing us, which I sincerely doubt due to the manta being cared for at this moment.  I’m smelling something though, something familiar. “Who was this supposed mysterious arrival outside the outskirts of Reim? Was it the same as what el drago’s nostrils was picking up?

438/1500

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

My love,
I write to you on my way to Remano. I've been doing some reflecting lately and decided I needed to return to check on some things. I hope your travels are going well and I am counting the days till I see you again. Sometimes, it seems like that's all we do, but in a weird way, the absence is worth the moments we reconnect.

Forever yours,
Azix~

The magician let out a sigh as he closed the journey book. Looking up, he noticed the familiar silhouette of the Capital city against the horizon. A small smile curl on his lips as he felt awash with the sense of returning 'home'. He pumped his fist into the air and released a hooting call from his throat while he swooped past the city walls. Descending till he was just several meters from the ground, he sped his carpet along, darting in between buildings. He was following no particular path, but that did not mean he wasn't being led down Fate's path.

Out of the corner of his eye, Azix caught a glimpse of a large dragon in the distance. Cocking his head to the side, the magician ran his fingers through his hair while humming softly to himself. "I wonder..." Azix tugged on the top corners of the carpet to make a sharp turn in the dragon's direction.

Once Azix was within shouting distance, he recognized both Lagi and El Drago. The orange magician was briefly reminded of their last meeting in Eligos' dungeon and wondered how Lagi would react to seeing him. "Lagi! It is good to see you! How have you been?" As he got closer, Azix noticed an aura of seriousness that Lagi seemed to exude. Whether it was because of their last meeting or some other matter had yet to be seen.

[307/1500]

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Is it?” Lagi would say as he turned his head and looked at Azix, there was a bit of tension going on for a while. El drago shook his head. “No it’s not him, it was something else, something a bit familiar. But Azix is exuding a peculiar scent right now.” Lagi would then shrug. “Must be that cologne he keeps using, the people who live in Kou are into a lot of fancy stuff. “ El drago relaxed a bit as Lagi shifted his body, standing a bit on the dragon’ upper back. You still didn’t apologize for attacking me at the dungeon entrance, don’t think I forgot about that. Though, if you’re here in reim, you must be here for some reason or business.” Lagi shrugged once more. “If this is about Yoshiro, I didn’t do anything wrong, I investigated a potential threat to his country and claimed the man responsible for it, removing him and his bad vibes from the country. Even now as I lose my hold as the ruler of this country, I’m stull upholding my agreement to having a healthy relationship with Kou. That hasn’t changed, though you came at a bad time if you are here to see the council. “ Lagi would then look at the compass as it moved again. “If you are here to see me, I hope you aren’t against talking and walking. A lot is going on right now and I don’t have that much time to spare. Draconis…”
El drago nodded as he started to fly in the direction of the compass. Azix was free to follow Lagi if he wanted to, that choice was his alone.

718/1500

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Azix arched a brow at the accusation that he had sprayed a 'fancy' fragrence to cover up his natural musk. Dismissing it as a typical Lagism, the magician ignored it and continued to listen to the El Nagi speak. As Azix had expected, Lagi was still upset by the display of power at the entrance of Eligos. Sighing softly, Azix gave Lagi a pointed look. "I'm not going to apologize for your stubborness. I gave you a warning that you did not heed. My intent was not to attack a friend, but keep competition from entering the dungeon." Even as he tried to explain it, Azix knew that this was going to become a sore subject between them.

Azix waved his hand at Lagi's worries that his visit had something to do with Yoshiro. "My reasons for returning to Reim had nothing to do with the Emperor. I have a few matters left...unsettled." Slaughtering a village was certainly an unsettling behavior, but that particular bit of information Azix kept to himself. The magician looked concerned when it became clear that Lagi had other matters that troubled him. Understanding that Lagi felt he didn't have time to spare, Azix simply nodded before following his lead.

On Legend Beast and Flying Carpet, they quickly made haste to the northernmost reaches of Reim. The mountainous landscape reminded Azix of a time, only a couple years past, when he and Garret had gotten caught up in a bastard's plot. At one point, Azix swore he seen an incinerated compound that appeared awfully similar to the prison they had holed up in to weather a snow storm. However, he had only gotten a brief glimpse before it vanished beneath him, replaced by many spiky peaks.

After a while, Azix's curiosity defeated his patience and he spoke up. "So, Lagi...what exactly is going on? Why are we so far north? Are we here because of the Council? Is this related to the group you investigated in Kou?" The last question Azix was hesitant to ask, fearing that Lagi would think he lied about being on official Kou business. The magician wanted to know how vast the Dark Hand's reach was and if they were a threat that needed a King Candidate's assistance.

[307+387|694/1500]

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Well whatever you want to call it then. You gonna attack me again when I’m looking for a djinn myself? You aren’t a Magi Azix, you can’t give and revoke anyone’s right to be there. You acted as an assistant of a challenger, so no matter how much you try to spin it or treat it as a noble google, your sole actions were based off of the desire of another. Not to say that I don’t trust you, I’m just letting you know I didn’t forget about that.” After that, Lagi decided to let Azix in on the details of what’s going on. “Yes and yes, you managed to be right on both accounts. My village was attacked by some unknown force dressed up as the fanalis corps. Kalace Actavrin was in witness protection after I captured him, dead. And that’s not even the best part, I guess some seeds has been planted to get old Octavius on the lagi hater boat, he seems to think I went Kou to ask Yoshiro for an army to reclaim Reim. From all these accusations and the way I’ve been treated when I came back, I damn well should have, but I was too busy doing my job. “

Lagi then shook his head. “Roark, my dad, hes missing. I got my compass back to I’m trying to find him. Apparently he’s around here somewhere.” Lagi drifted off as he continue to look, but El drago stopped abruptly. “Trouble. …” Lagi squinted and noticed a familiar shape. “Wait, those are the…..” When did they even find the nest?! Those weren’t El Nagi members!” Dammit!! Look’s like you're going for the ride Azix, we split the mobs, two each. Lagi and El drago flew in another direction in order to lead two of the brotherhood of ash sky guards towards him. One of the archers used Aimed shot at lagi while el drago was doing basic maneuver. However, while he was aiming at lagi, lagi was also aiming at him with his bow of heaven, firing off a basic shot to cancel out. It was at that point that sky guard#2 swooped from under to use Zap towards el drago. The mighty Dragon Groaned and used his claw swipe in order to swipe away the feathers with his claws for equivalent b rank damage, then descending at 25 m/s with his incredible speed, cracking the neck of the metallic bird with his A rank grip and swinging the body in front like a rag doll. The brotherhood of ash rider fell to his death as the other remaining used true bond in order to kill and immobilize lagi and the dragon. Lagi responded by clashing with a snap shockwave. El drago then rushed over and with Lagi’s Elegian Gauntlet, he used elegian rage and covered the bird and the rider with molten lava, killing them.

And that’s that……… must be apart of the group that attacked my people and causing this mess… wait.. I think I see something…”

Abilities used
Spoiler:

250/350
1223/1500

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Azix kept the surprise from showing on his face when Lagi mentioned the duties of a Magi. As far as the magician knew, information about Magis was kept secret. The only reason Azix was aware of that information was not only because of Yoshiro telling him, but Ariella after her rebirth into this world as a Magi. Instead, the magician had the decency to look abashed from Lagi's scolding tone. "I would not get in your way from obtaining the power of a Djinn. You are correct, I now realize the hubris of my actions. It is not up to me to decide who should or should not have that power."

A spark flared into his purple hue, "However, wouldn't you have done the same thing if you knew your companion was truly worthy of the power? I don't know Merrze very well, I will admit that, but could you trust her completely with that power? I might not have had the right, but I believe my intentions were in the right place. If someone was to use the Djinn's power to bring darkness upon the world, wouldn't you fight to prevent that?" Deep down, Azix believed Lagi would have done the same. Granted, he also realized that he was continuing a conversation that would never be resolved between them. It would be best if both men just agreed to disagree and move on.

Lagi turned the conversation to other matters, mostly filling the Ambassador in on what had been going on in Reim since his departure. The more Azix heard, the more concerned he grew. Someone was testing Lagi's patience, attacking in the heart of his tribe's homeland. Not only that, but it seemed they were trying to cause a division within the government. Divide and Conquer was an effective tactic at disrupting the balance of a country, allowing a group to potentially step in and take over if it wasn't defended against properly. The fact that someone had been making moves on Reim didn't concern Azix nearly as much as they why. To what end were they causing such a disturbance?

Of course, what really seemed to be causing Lagi the most distress was the fact that his father was missing. Azix paused when he heard that, unsure of what to say when something bad happens to someone's father; the magician's own parents had died when he was too young to remember them. The closest he could relate to Lagi was Ariella's death. When Azix thought of it that way, he was impressed Lagi wasn't on a slaughtering rampage. That spoke highly of Lagi's self-control and it made Azix feel a twinge of jealousy. How was the rash and impulsive Lagi more in control of his emotions than him?

Those thoughts were quickly wiped from Azix's mind at the first of an enemy. As he reached for his wand, the magician noted that the enemies were flying atop a metallic bird that seemed strangely familiar. It took Lagi's outburst to finally recognize what species of beast they were. "You mean those are the same kind of bird as Zygus?" If that was true, the group behind everything was good, continuously striking Lagi where it would hurt.

Unbeknownst to Lagi and Azix, the real reason the Brotherhood had captured some of the species had nothing to do with the current situation. Back when Lagi had ascended onto the throne, there was great interest in the beasts he had tamed. Zygus had been such an exotic 'pet' that demand for that species had increased. Simply put, Lagi had made the metallic avian species 'trendy'. Since the Brotherhood of Ash operated a global black market, they had taken steps to obtain the metallic birds to please their customers. However, the demand had only lasted for a short while. Once Lagi had ditched Zygus for El Drago, no one wanted the metallic birds and instead wanted the rarer Dragons. So with a backlog of these beasts, the Brotherhood had simply absorbed the costs and trained them for their members that were beast tamers.

Azix split off from Lagi at the man's instruction and turned his attention towards two of the Sky Guards. While Azix headed straight for them, the two Sky Guards tried to perform an ariel maneuver that would circle around the magician, but he was too fast. When they noticed how quickly the magician was approaching, one of the guards urged his mount to ascend above him while the other made a descent. The metallic birds fired off a Zap each, timing it to strike Azix as he passed between both riders.

The orange magician noticed the feathers heading his way and raised his arm up in front of himself, protectively. At the same time, his sleeve slid down, revealing the Elegian Bracer that he had obtained in the dungeon. Azix wasn't sure of the bracer's abilities, as he hadn't experimented with the magical tool yet, but since he had his Borg, he decided it was as good a time as any to do so. As he poured magoi into the bracer, lava began swirling around him until it formed into a ball of flowing magma, with Azix at the center. Just as the feathers got within five meters of Azix, the lava orb exploded outward with an Elegian Burst, destroying them.

The Skyguard above Azix made a sharp turn before diving down towards the magician. The rider had an arrow nocked on his bow, waiting till he was within twelve meters of Azix before firing off an Aimed Shot. An experienced archer, the Skyguard expected Azix to dodge to the side and would make any adjustments at the last second if he moved. But, the King Candidate flew straight towards the Skyguard with a wide grin stretched across his face. In one hand, he clutched his Fiery Pendant and activated  it when the guard shot his arrow. A Whip of Fire spilled forth from Azix's hand, which he snapped in the air and spun around him. The whip struck both rider and mount before they could get away, while also catching the arrow before it could hit the magician.

While Azix had been distracted with one of the Sky Guards, the final one was able to set up his ultimate attack. Both tamer and beast fired off their strongest attacks at the same time, displaying their True Bond. Their attacks raced towards Azix's back and clashed against his Borg. Just as the fiery whip fizzled out, the magician noticed the instinctual magical shield shatter. Quickly spinning around, Azix faced the Sky Guard and pointed his Rod of Pestilence at the rider. "Nice try, buddy."

Laughing, Azix poured magoi into his wand, conjuring a small, green sprite which flew towards the enemy. The sprite flew over the rider's head and suddenly exploded into a sickly-tinged mist, catching him and his mount within it. Seeing the last enemy swallowed up by the mist, Azix smirked and turned away, looking for Lagi. Even though the Sky Guard wasn't dead, the fight was over. He was now infected with Death's Embrace, a plague that would putrefy the flesh and muscle of its victims.

Azix found Lagi a short distance away, finishing off an opponent with the magical tool the El Nagi had obtained in Eligos' dungeon. Overhearing that Lagi had seen something, Azix followed his gaze to see an odd stone structure poking out of the snow. Compared to the other rocky formations, it didn't look natural, as if it was man-made. Flying closer, the magician took a better look and discovered it was a pillar with ornate engravings on it. "That's odd. What is this doing here?" He thought out loud to himself while stroking his chin. If he had bothered to get off the carpet and clear away the snow, perhaps Azix would have uncovered a wooden trap-door beneath it, leading to the hidden base within the mountain. Instead, he simply looked to Lagi for guidance.

[300/380]
[694+1325|1500+/1500]

Spoiler:

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Well isn’t this a basket of goodies, some sort of secret passage way or something. “Lagi wasn’t too sur what he was looking at, but he was quite suspicious at the timing of the attackers that was using one of his favorite beats in order to even think that they could take the life of the dragon emperor. But it’s not like they had a death wish or anything, Lagi was absolutely strong, as well as being quite irritated due to the things that were going on in his life about now. He wondered just how safe Shivali, Octavia, and Sabin were. Lagi knew that the Nagi orai, his village and Hidan were able to keep each other safe and fend off any immediate threats, but Lagi still couldn’t helo but worry nowadays. Maybe this was the result of old age or something? ”Sigh, El drago, start smashing in order to make the hole bigger if you can, enough for you to fit I mean. “ Lagi would say simply as he folded his arms and waited. The wise old dragon grunted and started to make the secret passage a bit bigger so it would be able to fit the 10 meter dragon it was small enough. It would cause a little bit of noise, but if they already sent people to meet lagi outside, they would of already been expecting them from the get go. “Last chance to turn back Azix. Not too sure whose involved in all of this nonsense, but the compass is pointing t that direction, meaning my father is there or been there. Regardless of how Azix intended to answer the question or not in order to follow lagi, the King of Reim would make his way into the secret passage with el drago.

1500/1500

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Even as the flesh sloshed off the the last Skyguard and his mount's bones, the true bond they shared showed in their final moments. Arrow and feather whistled through the air as they struck true, hitting Azix in the back. The magician gasped as he looked down to see an arrowhead poking out of his chest. He commanded his hand to reach up and touch the arrow-head, but it did not respond. "Curious," he muttered as he turned around to see his attackers finally succumb to the fatal effects of Death's Embrace.

"Heh." Azix' attention turned back to Lagi who had uncovered the secret entrance. "Don't insult my integrity. As your friend, I couldn't possibly turn away now when your father is so close." With a huff, the magician pushed back Lagi to descend down the stairs into the base.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum