You are not connected. Please login or register

Confusion on the description of the amount of damage a borg can take before breaking

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ace

Ace
β-Tier
β-Tier

So I was reading up on Borgs in order to better prepare myself for my job with Noir when I came across what I believe to be in inconsistency in the Intelligence Spec description of how much of what tier damage a borg can take before shattering.

In D-Tier, it says, "D-Tier: Can have one basic staffs C-Tier and below spells with a single element can be used. Borg can defend against a single D-Tier ability before breaking."

Meanwhile, in the section below on the borg, it states, "Borg - A Magician's Borg is an automatic defensive spell which instantly activates in response to attacks with ill intent. If a Borg is broken by an attack that is a tier higher than it or below, no damage will be dealt and the attack will be canceled, including any supplementary abilities that were a part of that attack. If the Borg is met by an attack 2 tiers higher than it, the Magician’s Borg is destroyed and the Magician takes half damage. If the Borg is met by an attack 3 or more tiers higher than it, the Magician’s Borg is destroyed and the Magician takes full damage. If a magician has time to make a conscious decision, they may choose to not activate their borg."

I just wanted to figure out which was correct - does a borg break after defending against a single D-Tier attack when the borg is D-Tier (or C-Tier when borg is C-Tier/B-Tier when borg is B-Tier/A-Tier when borg is A-Tier), or is it able to withstand a C-Tier attack when the borg is at D-Tier (or B-Tier when borg is at A-Tier/A-Tier when borg is at B-Tier, Ω-Tier when borg is at A-Tier?) Thanks!

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

D-tier borg withstands D-tier damage

C-tier withstands up to C-tier (2 D-tier)

B-tier withstands up to B-tier (2 C-tier or 4 D-tier)

A-tier withstands up to A-tier (2B, 4C, 8D)

Omega-tier borgs don't exist~

Lexiara

Lexiara
A-Tier
A-Tier

It is also important to note that while D-tier damage will break a D-tier borg, if a single C-tier attack will still be absorbed. Howevever, if 2 D-tier attacks come at you, the first will break it and the second will damage you.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Basically it is telling you that the borg can take damage up to one tier higher than itself and still prevent you from taking damage even though the borg itself breaks.

A D-tier borg will break from D-tier damage or C-tier damage and you still won't take damage.

It is only when you are hit with damage two tiers above the borgs strength that the damage gets through at a reduced rate.

Damage three tiers above your borg doesn't get reduced at all and still does full damage.

Ace

Ace
β-Tier
β-Tier

Ah okay, now I get it! Thanks guys~

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum