You are not connected. Please login or register

Heading for Kou [Travel/private]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

The bright sun blazed down on top of Endolf as he leaned over the boat’s railing and faced the sea below and the turning waves. Normally one would be in this position to admire the turning waters below them but in Endolf’s case it was to empty the contents of his stomach into the seas. Why didn’t anyone tell him traveling by sea was this horrible? And to think he still had a good couple more days of sea travel before he would reach Magnostadt and after that it was who knew how long before he’d reach Kou.

“Stupid Merrze… W-why’d she gotta…. go so far….”

Could only stop worrying about his current situation as he once again vomited into the waters below. Pushing himself back and away from the railing he staggered across the deck to make his way back to his quarters. For some reason his stomach seemed to be less agitated when he wasn’t outside on the main deck. Overall the room he had been given on the boat was rather luxurious, he supposed it was even fitting for someone of a captain’s rank in the Fanalis Corps. Flopping himself down on the large bed that had been provided for him he thought back for a moment on when he requested the time away from Reim and the Corps. His excuse was that he had a master in Kou that he wanted to go spend time with for some personal training. Not a lie by any means considering the letter he had received several days before the meeting.

His mind then wondered over the letter and Endolf found himself pulling it out from the draw of the nightstand beside his bed. It had come from Merrze herself, or so it claimed, and said that she had gone off to Kou and was hoping he would meet her there. Or something along those lines. There was also an apology included for leaving without any notice and just after she had taken him on as her student too. Reading that part really actually left End with a pain in his chest each time he read it. Try as he might that line in the note just stuck out more than the rest and he kept finding himself reading it over and over whenever the note was in his hand.

“I just wish she would have mentioned it before she agreed to take me on as a student.”

Endolf sighed and put the letter back in the drawer. Rolling over onto his side he decided to try and get some sleep.

Several Days Later

“Oh c’mon! How much longer before we get to Kou?!”

Endolf questioned his guide as they continued to hike across the Great Plains. It had already been a couple of days since he made dock in Magnostadt and found someone willing to take him the rest of the way into Kou. The unfortunate part was that it was all completely on foot at this point and while at first Endolf didn’t mind it too much now it had become an annoying fact that he just wished he could be done with.

“Kou is only right over the next ridge Mr. Endolf.”

Endolf could feel his second wind strike him at his guide’s words. Was Kou really that close? Finally? Adding a bit of speed to his step he found himself finding his guide’s words to be true. In front of him now stood a checkpoint that seemed to be checking the people coming and going through it and their papers.

“I’ll take my leave here Mr. Endolf. I bid you luck in Kou and in finding your master.”

The guide bowed to him before starting to walk back the way they came. However his words sparked a thought in Endolf’s mind.

“Where the hell am I supposed to meet Merrze in Kou?!”

WC: 646/600

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum