Combination Magic Types

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Combination Magic Types Empty Combination Magic Types 13/03/14, 01:02 pm

Tsuki Yomi

Tsuki Yomi
D-Tier
D-Tier

The rule is at B rank that you get the opposing magic to what you start with, so ignoring Omega rank mages, that means the majority of people will end up with juxtaposing magical abilities, which turn into a tertiary magic type through combination. 

That means, for the eight original types, there are four Tertiary subgroups (1 & 5, 2 & 6 etc.) So, let's make some for common usage, shall we? 

First (Heat) and Fifth (Wind)

Evaporation Magic

By creating an obscenely warm wind current, it forces the victim's body to start sweating obscenely large amounts, creating weapons for those who use water magic. However, it also acts like a type of poison magic due to the effects of dangerous levels of dehydration, and at Omega rank this can be used to turn people into husks by evaporating every last drop of water out of their body instantaneously.

Weather Magic

A proxy form of electricity and water magic, this creates a large amount of warm air in the atmosphere, forming dangerous storms for use in battle. Whilst the clouds are controllable due to the wind current, the contents (i.e. Water and Lightning) are extremely unreliable, and is best used as a way of getting weaponry for a quartertiary magic type rather than an outright offense.

???

Second (Water) and Sixth (Sound)

Concussion Magic [Ice + Sound]
This combination of ice and sound creates concussion greats by using ice as shrapnel and sound magic as a violent force to shatter the ice and send it flying by producing multiple sonic booms in one place. All Concussion magic deals disorientation and brief deafness for one post to anyone caught in its effective range without sound/ear protection.

Cavitation Magic [Requires permission from Yaku to use]
This combination of sound and water magic uses powerful vibrations to create large scale cavitation bubbles. These underwater phenomenon cause an intense amount of heat dealing burning damage to anyone caught by the bubble despite being underwater. Blunt force is also dealt in the form of powerful underwater shock waves.

???

Third (Light) and Seventh (Strength)
???

Fouth (Electricity) and Eighth (Life)

Animation Magic 

Using the life magic to create sentience and kinetic energy from electric magic, this allows the user to bring inanimate objects to life, giving them a life of their own and making them act like a pet, using dominance style techniques. However, this expends magic per turn that the 'avatar' exists, due to it draining magic through kinetic energy every time that it moves. 

I will add any types of magic that other people can suggest here. Additionally, if you wish me to specifically design the mechanics of a special magic type, hit me up. I used to work as a mechanic on several different sites, so this is my jam. 

N.B Cavitation and Concussion magics both belong to Yakuroro; I have no rights over them and only list them here because they're pretty damned awesome. If asked to take them down, I will.

These are not the only subgroups allowed, but this is an easy to access list for those of you unoriginal out there. 

Last edited by Tsuki Yomi on 13/03/14, 01:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Combination Magic Types Empty Re: Combination Magic Types 13/03/14, 01:50 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Everyone has the ability to make their own combinations and I encourage them to think of creative ways to mix their elements without having to rely on a preset list. That being said, no everyone can think up awesome magics overnight and having a list like this is great!

@Tsuki, please just make a note somewhere that these aren't the only choices for combination magics of these types.

P.S. "Storm Magic" is already set as Wind + Lightning according to something top secret in the staff section which I can't speak more on >.>

For People Looking To Use My Magic: Concussion magic is meh, I don't care if you take that. But please don't use Cavitation magic without pmming me first as it isn't really a common phenomenon in the natural world. It took Yaku swimming in the ocean and finding a pistol shrimp(which creates cavitation bubbles to hunt) to come up with the idea. You wont have to learn it directly from Yakuroro, I just want to make sure your IC method of developing the magic makes sense.

3Combination Magic Types Empty Re: Combination Magic Types 13/03/14, 01:54 pm

Tsuki Yomi

Tsuki Yomi
D-Tier
D-Tier

But.... that's not how storms are made. 

That's like saying Lava magic is Life and heat... oh wait. 

>_> GET SOME SCIENCE IN YOUR SILLY BRAINS!!

4Combination Magic Types Empty Re: Combination Magic Types 18/03/14, 05:01 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Alright, I've tossed several ideas around in my head as to what new type of magic Strength and Light would be best for such a tricky combination and have finally made a single choice (though, yes, I could make more, but my brain hurts @_@).

Beam/Pierce Magic
(can't decide on the name)
The combination of light and strength, both of which seem to be forms of energy, is a little tricky. Two different energies can't necessarily "combine," so to speak, but rather bond together. Straight and simple, pure force covers light energy, allowing for the manipulation of the light particles in a more manner. This manipulation can be attributed to the sub-type of Strength Magic, Gravity, in the same way that a Gravity Magic user can lift sand and dirt, but in this case, light particles. Seeing as the light particles are covered in pure force, reflective things such as mirrors or Ice Magic are unable to reflect the light particles. It would be like covering gum with paper and trying to stick it, with the paper around it, to an object. It wouldn't stick because of a dividing force, the paper. In this case, the gum is the light and the paper is the pure force.

This magic seems a little longer in detail than I had anticipated. It also seems a little off in some way...either which way, I'll be making spells with better descriptions of what I'm talking about XD

5Combination Magic Types Empty Re: Combination Magic Types 14/07/14, 09:13 am

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Solid Illusions:

Adding strength magic to illusions can be used to create solid illusions. This allows for illusions around people to be turned into exaggerated proportions to allow for elaborate disguises that won't distort to the touch. They will feel solid, but they still lack sound.

Shadow Magic:

Using light magic to distort and bend light, one is able to create shadows. Utilizing strength magic, one can solidify the shadows giving them shape and a durable form. The shadows can be used to attack, can be ridden on and any other method of use that can be thought of.[/i][/u][/b]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum