Searching for a Teacher

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Searching for a Teacher Empty Searching for a Teacher 19/05/15, 05:43 pm

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

The sun sat high in the sky as Endolf walked through the streets of Reim, a look of determination on his face as he did so. He had just gotten done with his training for the day when rumors of a great Fanalis fighter reached his ears. That was exactly what he had wanted to hear as he wanted a teacher to assist in his personal training and a “great Fanalis fighter” was just the thing to light a fire in him. For a moment he paused mid-stride as something occurred to him. “Just where the hell am I going to find this person in the first place?” He stood there in the middle of the way looking absolutely dumbfounded at this sudden realization. “I guess maybe go someplace to get some information first?”

His face brightened up at the idea, knowing full well where he could find the most information. The brothels were the best places for women, wine and information. And women. A small trail of drool inched down from the corner of his mouth as he imagined all the women waiting for his patronage there. “It’s settled! Off to get some info!” We a new vigor in his step he resumed his walk, changing direction from walking aimlessly around Reim towards the brothels instead.

Last edited by Endolf on 23/05/15, 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Searching for a Teacher Empty Re: Searching for a Teacher 21/05/15, 10:51 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Merrze was walking around town after getting her shopping done. She would be doing a lot of walking around and such today since her daughter would be playing with the others kids so she had to find a way to occupy herself for the day until she would go home and prepare dinner for her lovely little family. She had nothing planned today and since she had just finished her shopping she had no idea what to do really, she could train but she would have gotten up much earlier if she wanted to do something as taxing as that is. Hopefully something interesting would happen today that could pass her time until she had to go home.

As she was walking she stopped paying attention and bumped into someone, of course it was her fault for not paying attention. She looked at the person and noticed that it appeared to be a young man. She looked at him closely and noticed that the boy appeared to be a fanalis. The fiery redhead would feel bad if he had been hurt but then again he was probably more than durable enough to take a simple bump from Merrze, nonetheless she felt a bit of remorse for not paying attention.

"Are you okay, sorry about that, my fault for not paying attention where I walked."

3Searching for a Teacher Empty Re: Searching for a Teacher 22/05/15, 03:34 pm

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

With his eyes shut and a stupid grin on his face Endolf continued to walk towards his goal, a well-known brothel when someone bumped into him. Of course it wasn’t anything major, just a light tap that would barely bother anyone and with Endolf being of Fanalis heritage it was barely anything to him. But it did snap him out of his delusions and bring him back to the moment in time to catch the person’s apology. Rubbing the back of his head sheepishly he responded. “Nah, its fine. I wasn’t exactly paying attention myself. Are you ok?” When he actually looked at the person he first noticed how she was several inches taller than him and that she had crimson hair like himself. His heart seemed to thump against his ribcage for a moment as he looked at her face.

Shaking his head for a moment he regained his composure he gave her a grin. “I’d say you’re more than just ok. Personally I think you’re just absolutely fine.” He gave her a wink to go along with his cheesy flirting. “The name’s Endolf, I’m guessing yours is “Goddess”?”

4Searching for a Teacher Empty Re: Searching for a Teacher 22/05/15, 09:22 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Very funny little buddy, the name is Merrze and nice to meet you."

She didn't mind the flirting since it had happened time from time, she wasn't used to romantic experiences and could get shy but harmless flirting and stuff like this didn't bother her all that much. She gave him a curious look wondering where he was going or maybe if he was lost. She decided that she would provide whatever assistance to the boy since she had never seen him around and she herself was quite familiar with the place. She wiped her outfit to get rid of any dust that was left on it then she would try to converse with him.

"Well Endolf I've never seen you around here and I am quite familiar with the place, so if you're new around here and you need help finding anything please tell me. If you're looking for something I'll probably be able to help you since I know a lot of people around the town."

Since the redhead nothing to do this was an opportune moment for her to find something to do. She might be able to help En out with whatever he needed on that day and would be able to pass time until she would go home and cook dinner for her and her daughter. She gave him a pleasant smile as she waited to hear what he had to say.

5Searching for a Teacher Empty Re: Searching for a Teacher 23/05/15, 10:35 pm

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Flirting without being hit? Endolf was ecstatic that this was going as good as it was. He even got her name in return. Double win! The excitement showed in his actions as he turned his back to Merrze and hunched over with his fists clenched and a smile beaming on his face. He only remained this way for a moment before turning back around as the taller woman began speaking to him further. Beginning by addressing him by his name, something else that had rarely happened by this point, she stated that she hadn’t seen him around before and that she was pretty in the know with almost everyone in the town. If he was new and needed help finding something she’d probably be able to help him, at least according to her.

“Huh? Oh. Well I guess you can say,” Pausing in his sentence he took her hand in both of his and lifted it slightly. “I’m looking for love.” He gave her a cheesy, suave grin in an attempt to look handsome.

But he paused for a minute as his brain seemed to start back up again and remember what he had started out doing before. His hands let go of Merrze’s as he slapped himself in the forehead with his palm. “Wait! I was looking for someone!” He took his hand away from his face to regain his composure and try to attempt to look presentable again. “I was so distracted by your radiating beauty that I completely forgot. I’ve been hearing rumors around that there was this great Fanalis warrior in Reim and I wanted to get her to take me on as her trainee. I think the name “Lioness” has been what I’ve been hearing?”

Tilting his head to the side the Fanalis male folded his arms across his chest in an attempt to remember more details about the rumors he had been hearing. “It’d be great if I could get the training, I’d finally be able to be the show stopper in the coliseum.”

6Searching for a Teacher Empty Re: Searching for a Teacher 26/05/15, 05:49 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Merrze chuckled at his flirting, she had been used to this from the bars she had been to, she had no problems with it as long as the guys never laid a hand on her, if they followed that simple rule nothing bad would happen to them. She did listen to what the boy had to say, when he mentioned the word Lioness he piqued her interest. That was the nickname she had earned in the Coliseum a while ago, she had been called it by many people. It was rare for people to look for her based on her nickname alone, but since he had been looking for her she would see if he's worthy of training.

"Well the only fanalis I know with the nickname The Lioness that would have to be me, I'm by no means the strongest fanalis but I know my way around combat, if you still want me to teach you I have to test you first, and I warn you, I am a member of the Fanalis Corps so if you want to increase your training time you're going to want to join up."

She remembered when she had trained her first apprentice a long time ago, he was promising but out of the blue she never saw him again. With this kid she could pass on the Miathios style, sure she had invented but she wanted to pass it on so that it wouldn't die, after all it was one of her few achievements.

"If I train you I will warn you that I will be teaching you my own style, your combat might be different so the techniques I teach you of course can be changed to fit your style."

Now she had to see if the kid would accept, if he did the redhead would bring the boy to the place where she would give him his test..

7Searching for a Teacher Empty Re: Searching for a Teacher 27/05/15, 05:28 am

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

If Endolf’s jaw could have struck the stone walkway he and Merrze were standing on at that moment it would have happened when he was struck with a solid blow of shock and surprise when the beautiful woman before him said that she was the person he was looking for. He had to shake his head to get his wits back before he could speak.

“Are you serious?! YOU’RE the Lioness!? YES!!”

The young Fanalis shouted out in a mixture of triumph and excitement as he realized just exactly what he had been told. Here before him was the very woman he was heading to the brothel to find out where he could find her. Of course he had just lost out on a trip to the brothel but he had just been saved a HUGE amount of work trying to find one specific Fanalis in all of Reim. Once again he turned away from Merrze but this time it was the result of his jumping into the air and landing back down on his feet to face her just in time to catch her mention that he would need to join the Fanalis Corps with her if he wanted to increase his amount of training time.

Endolf made his next move by reaching for the hilt of his sword, strapped to the back of his waist and sitting calmly in its sheath. With a whirling flourish of steel he drew the weapon and assumed a low crouching stance with one leg stretched out behind him, obviously showing he favored quick movements in his combat style. His body swayed and bounced as he stood there looking at his soon to be teacher.

“Alright then teach, I’ll show ya what I got.”

8Searching for a Teacher Empty Re: Searching for a Teacher 28/05/15, 06:57 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Merrze put her hand up to stop the young lad before he would attempt anything stupid. They couldn't fight here or civilians were likely to get hurt in the chaos. She turned around and motioned for the boy to follow her, she pointed ahead to where they were walking so they boy would at least notice to where they were going to be lead, it was a big and open forum area where no one was at the moment, it would be a good place for the two to spar though it wouldn't last very long. She stretched while walking to get herself ready for the little sparing match.

"We can't fight here boy, there's a chance that people will get injured if we fight in the open like this, there's no one in that place over there so why don't we have our sparring match there."

She said this with a kind tone, she of course was keeping her normal attitude but when the time for the fight would begin she would be like a different person, it would be a good example to show him what he would be dealing with in training, he'd probably be able to deal with it but the read wasn't going to let the boy think she would always be lenient and nice, she wouldn't be cold but she would be harsh with the training. As they arrived in the open area Merrze pointed to where she wanted him to stand then walked and stood six meters away from him.

9Searching for a Teacher Empty Re: Searching for a Teacher 02/06/15, 04:20 am

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Endolf stood there, ready to get on with his test when his soon to be teacher held up her hand. He paused, his swaying motions stopping and his arms falling against his sides so that his sword touched against the ground. The look on his face was an almost dumbfounded one as he watched the lovely woman turn away and begin walking with a signal for him to follow. Not knowing what else to do the young Fanalis simply sheathed his weapon and did as he was instructed. Though the flow of Merrze’s feminine hips from side to side was enough to get him to follow after her without question. As they walked Merrze pointed out how innocent people could be hurt if they fought out in the open like that. He couldn’t deny she was right. He had been so excited to get a chance to prove himself to the woman he wanted to make his teacher he hadn’t exactly thought of the civilians around him when he was told he’d be tested.

It seemed that Merrze had found a location as she spoke up again, mentioning to Endolf about how there was a place in the direction she was pointing that seemed vacant and that they could have their match there. As the approached the area the female Fanalis instructed Endolf on where she wanted him to stand to which he obliged. If he was going to have her training him he figured he might as well start listening to her directions now. She herself took a position about six meters away from him. This time Endolf drew his blade with less flash and flare than before, almost more like someone normally would. It didn’t seem like it would be as effective to add in the typical flare if she was seeing it for a second time at this point.

“Well then, whenever you’re ready Lioness.”

He smirked and took up his battle stance once more. His eyes were focused on her, watching for her to make the first move. He may have been a Fanalis but he wasn’t about to just blindly charge headfirst at someone with a reputation that spoke volumes about her combat abilities. The gap between the two of them seemed to be rather vast and that thought seemed to make the youth just a bit giddy at getting to fight her.

10Searching for a Teacher Empty Re: Searching for a Teacher 04/06/15, 05:54 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The fanalis looked at him sternly to show her seriousness to the boy, she wanted him to come at her with all of his might. He didn't seem like he was going to make the first move so the redhead drew her sword and twirled it around. After this quick movement to get her wrist slightly loose she got into her stance to begin the fight. This would be a very straight forward fight, she would charge at him and over power him. What she was going to do to test his ability will to test his will and reaction time. Since he was a fanalis he would be strong but that's not what she wanted find out about the young lad.

Her eyes showed no movement, she was trying to give off an intimidating presence, she wouldn't be surprised if he would be off a little. She started to move at the fanalis gaining speed but she would be at him in a matter of seconds. When she got close enough she would try to attack him with a Cross Attack. She wondered how long he would be able to hold out before he would lose energy, give up or be taken down by force.

Stamina:180/200
Move Used:

11Searching for a Teacher Empty Re: Searching for a Teacher 08/06/15, 06:10 pm

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

As Merrze drew her blade her personality seemed to shift into one more molded by combat. Her eyes and face seemed to turn cold and stone-like as the two faced each other down. Then the fight began. Like Endolf had hoped Merrze had made the first move, something he felt great about seeing as it gave him a chance to try and read into her fighting style. It didn’t take an expert to tell the female Fanalis would take her shiny sword and use it for the first attack since she drew it and that was enough for Endolf to go on the defensive. With a quick push his hand released the hilt of his sword only to grasp firmly onto the leather strap attached to the weapon itself. Like he had practiced time and time before Endolf began to swing the weapon around him by the strap, forming a dome of sorts around him with the weapon’s movements and speed just in time to knock away the metal of Merrze’s sword.

For a second he was worried that with the small distance between them he wouldn’t be able to start moving his weapon fast enough in time but somehow he had gotten lucky and caught her weapon with the strap connected to his sword. From there the weapon began to circle him just like he had invented the move to do, creating a defensive bubble around him. When it seemed like the time had come to counter attack Endolf used the wildly swinging weapon’s momentum to transition into his attack. His sword swung in search of something to bite into within the three meters around him.

Stamina/Magoi: 60/80

Name: Wall of Blades
Tier: D
Cost: 10 Magoi/Stamina
Weapon Type: Sword
Class: Defensive
Range: Close
Cool-Down: 2 posts or Sustain+1
Description: Endolf uses the leather straps attached to his sword to swing it around at 15 m/s to create a defensive dome around him to knock away oncoming attacks of C-tier or lower.

Name: Delta Strike
Tier: D
Cost: 10 Magoi/Stamina
Weapon Type: Sword
Class: Offensive
Range: 3 meters
Cool-Down: 2 Posts or Sustain+1
Description: Endolf grips the leather strap on his blade, extending it out to 3 meters, and swings it around at 15m/s dealing D-tier damage to any within a 3m diameter.

12Searching for a Teacher Empty Re: Searching for a Teacher 08/06/15, 07:50 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Merrze was surprised by his quick reaction to stop her attack but the fanalis didn't plan on slowing down her attack at all. She would try and use Cross attack to collide with his then when the blades clashed she would be close enough to use the second have of the move and try to elbow him again but at that distance his block wouldn't be very effective. She would think this out well, she had to hold back her strength at the risk that she might hurt him badly. He seemed to know about fighting, but since her fighting style was original it would be hard for him to depict to movements of it.

She was impressed on the way he fought, it was nothing like she had seen before with the type of weapon he had but it was pretty unique. He definitely showed promise, she definitely wanted to train him now. She examined him over and gave an intimidating gaze like a lioness as she's about to strike her prey. He might be shaken by it but fear of those stronger was normal but the truly brave could push through this fear and except it, she didn't know if she could instill fear into him but it was a good test.

Stamina: 170/200
Move Used:

13Searching for a Teacher Empty Re: Searching for a Teacher 09/06/15, 06:33 pm

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

‘Shit.’

Endolf found himself on the other end of the same attack once again but this time he wasn’t going to be able to put up his defenses fast enough with Merrze on top of him like she already was. Her elbow slammed into his chest and sent the young Fanalis sliding backwards a few inches. Then came the stare. It was like he was being faced down by a savage animal. Shivers shook all along the length of his spine as he looked at her eyes. He knew the feeling his body was experiencing. Fear. But that was where Endolf stopped listening to his body and pressed on to attack her once again. His hand pulled back on the strap of leather clutched in it and opened it back up to catch the handle of his weapon and attempted to bring the blade in an upwards diagonal arc across the woman’s torso.

He knew fear when he was a child and he knew when his fears became a reality. When he faced the death of his mother and when he gambled with his life in the coliseum to fake his death. He faced his fear knowing full well he now had to do what he needed to do and right now he needed to push forward long enough for this legendary woman to accept him as her student. While nothing like Merrze’s eyes full of ferocity his own eyes radiated with that dedication.

Magoi/Stamina: 50/80

Spoiler:

14Searching for a Teacher Empty Re: Searching for a Teacher 13/06/15, 04:34 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The fanalis admired the tenacity that the boy was showing. He was showing signs that he was afraid of what Merrze could do to him, she wasn't a fan of making people that might become close to her fear her but she had learned that fear was healthy and would save your ass when you were in combat, even though they were strong fanalis they could easily be killed by others out there that were monsters compared to their race. She did think it would be good to end the fight quickly so she slashed at his blade to counter his attack and the redhead then went to grasp the boy with her left hand.

She would lift Endolf into the air if she got a hold of him showing the fast difference in there skill, the goal wasn't to win it was to teach fear and humility if possible. She thought these were important things for a fanalis to know so that in the future they would not rush into dangerous situations that would get them killed, this thought was ironic coming from the woman who had done this twice almost getting her killed. She stared into Endolf and then said in a stern tone.

"You have proven yourself, you feel fear but you push through it when you need to. But there is something that you need to know, fear can help you, it will let you survive when you fight those who are stronger than you. I know you can sense the gap in our abilities but let me tell you this, there are people nay monsters out there that could stomp me in an instance. The strong are those who have fear and keep fighting for what they believe is right but that is by no means an excuse to do something that could get you killed. I want you to remember this on the of chance that you run into a monster that you cannot win against."

15Searching for a Teacher Empty Re: Searching for a Teacher 17/06/15, 03:25 am

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Like with everything else he had tried when taking the offensive up till now Endolf found his attack failing with Merrze’s sword slashing against his and knocking it away. In the following instant she had grabbed him by the collar of his vest and lifted him up into the air with her free hand. After a second of processing the fight seemed to drain out of Endolf’s face into a more docile one as she spoke. His mouth warped into a big smile as he understood what she was saying to him and that he was being taken on as her apprentice just like he had wanted to begin with. Of course the whole speech included something about knowing when to listen to fear and not always fighting through it like an idiot and getting himself kill. But he didn’t really care about that part right now, he was too happy that he had found a teacher and it was the very one he had been hoping to get.

“You’ve got it Master Merrze!”

Endolf gave her a bright, full faced grin for a moment before something dawned on him. His arms hanging limp at his sides now, save for his hand still gripping his sword as not to let it fall to the ground, he still remained suspended in the air by his new teacher’s incredible strength. The look of happiness faded from his face as a look combining both shock and his dimwitted tendencies replaced it.

“Um. Can you put me down now please?”

16Searching for a Teacher Empty Re: Searching for a Teacher 20/06/15, 05:21 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The redhead lowered the boy to the ground and decided that she needed to go home anyways. Sure she had time left in the day but she wanted to check her plans to work out things. She would try to see what days she could personally train him and what days she had to do her job in the fanalis corps. She patted the young man on the head and gave him a comforting smile then started to walk away.

"Look for me when you join the Corps, after everything is set up there we can begin to plan your training days and so. But good job boy, you show promise so I look forward to training you in the future."

She kept to her thoughts wondering how long she would train Endolf before the fiery girl would end up leaving the country to move forward onto her goals. She looked of into the sky as she let things piece together, maybe the boy would be able to join her on her travels but nothing was certain for sure but she was always open to having more companions. She gave a sigh, the warrior wasn't going to get her hopes up high but she would keep the option open when the time would come.

[Exit]

17Searching for a Teacher Empty Re: Searching for a Teacher 25/06/15, 06:41 pm

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Endolf could once again feel his feet on solid ground when Merrze put him back down, a docile look passing over his face as she then proceeded to pat him on the head. He hadn’t been expecting that. She told him to look for her after he joined the Fanalis Corps and they’d talk about planning his training days then but she had also brought a grin to the boy’s face by telling him that he showed promise and she was looking forward to training him. Of course all this was said as she walked away. He waited a few minutes until he was certain that she had left before he shouted out in a cry of joy, thrusting his fist into the air as he jumped just a few feet off the ground.

He wasn’t entirely sure he’d be able to sleep that night so he decided that rather than head home he’d go do the next best thing. Enlist into the Fanalis Corps.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum