A Storm Gathers: Lagi's Decision

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ariella did not particularly appreciate the restraining shadow limb that prevented her from striking Yoshiro and she was about to shoot a glare to her lover when his voice rang out. She had never heard him be stern like that, and never with her. It shocked her enough that she immediately froze, his tone reminding her that now was not the time to worry about old wounds. The scolding look on his face made her feel like a child, making her realize she had behaved like one. She was supposed to be supporting him as a leader and instead had thrown a temper tantrum. When his expression softened, she gave him a sheepish half-smile before taking the seat he offered.

She listened to Yoshiro speak while biting her tongue to keep from spewing obscenities at him, the information that Lilly had not been his choice not calming her much, if at all. When Ruki spouted off about how Lilly did not matter, Ari gripped her wand tightly, wanting nothing more than to strike the Princess down but fighting to stay calm. Her anger was replaced by shock when Yoshiro spoke again, and her jaw dropped. They wanted help taking out the Emperor, their father?

She couldn’t stop the laughter from bubbling up in her throat, snorting as she looked at Yoshiro.

“You… you want us to help you deal with your daddy issues? Seriously? Too much of a coward to slit his throat yourself?”

Her tone was sharp and mocking. The two direct heirs to the throne wanted them to help take out the Emperor. She knew both Yoshiro and Ruki were respected Generals in their own right, not simply because of their lineage, but through proven battle. Both had been involved, minorly, in the invasion attempt on Magnostadt, their testing grounds for their new titles. And yet, neither were powerful enough, even together, to take out their own father. It was both amusing and disheartening. If these two could not manage it, what hope did she and Azix have of contributing to such an accomplishment?

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As much as Azix didn't like to hear to that Lilly and Kaito were working together, he recognized that Yoshiro had no control over it. He equally arched a brow when he learned that Ruki and Lagi had been set to wed. 'What is Lagi doing?' Azix had been so busy lately that he hadn't heard about Lagi's speech to the people yet or the plans to get married. When Ruki spoke up, the orange magician gave her an amused look. "How proud you must be to accomplish what any red-headed commoner could. I bet it was such a challenge."

After Yoshiro explained that he wanted help removing the Kou Emperor from the throne, Azix leaned back in his chair and templed his fingers at his chin. While Ariella replied mockingly, the orange magician wondered at her and Yoshi's history. He bit back an inkling of jealously and forced himself to focus on the more important topic at hand. Azix believed the situation in Reim could be resolved by assassinating the Emperor, but there were other factors to consider. First and foremost was Azix's concern of who would take the throne afterwards. Azix's gaze fell on Ruki and he shook his head, that wasn't an option. Kaito wasn't a possibility either, the man was simply too sadistic and would be possibly even worse than his Father. Azix's then looked to Yoshiro, the best option of the three, but he was still concerned. The orange magician wasn't sure how far he could trust Yoshi and the fact that the man was so lenient with Ruki worried him. Even after the successor was decided, they would have to hold enough respect to command Kou's army out of Reim.

Azix sat forward and set his hands on the table, "Who would you have him replaced with, dear cousins? Beyond that, how do you hope to accomplish such a feat?" Azix's eyes suddenly narrowed as a curious thought struck him. Maybe they had information he needed, as well. "What do you know about The Contractor?"

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Yoshiro ignored Ariella’s jibe, though Ruki grumbled in her seat. When Azix made the comment about her pending marriage, even Yoshiro could not stop her from speaking up.

“At least I am marrying a king and not some crazy little whore, cousin. My choice in companions is slightly better than yours. At least I can control mine.”

This time, it was Yoshiro that reached out and slapped his sister, scowling at her.

“You will bite your tongue and be respectful, or you will leave. Your only part in this plan is to keep that imbecile of a king from ruining any chance we have of accomplishing peace, using your ample assets.”

Ruki gaped at her brother, raising from her seat to return the slap to him before stomping out of the room, seething with rage that he would show her such disrespect in front of their cousin and some common peasant from Magnostadt. She would not have him look down on her, whether it be alone or in front of others. No, he would pay the price for his little show of power.

She would slip into the office with Lagi and the clerk, playing the good bride-to-be while masking her anger and helping the King plan their nuptials.

Yoshiro would look back to Ariella and Azix, the apology clear on his face, though he did not speak it. At Azix’ question, he arched a brow. He waited for the door to slam shut before speaking, his tone soft.

“Well, I do not think Kaito or Ruki would be good options, do you? No, I plan to take the throne and then remove both of them as threats, by whatever means necessary. While I am not a fan of violence, sometimes it is necessary. My rule would never be safe with either of them around. The rest of the children are too young to have inherited their… distasteful ways and may recover from our toxic family, those two will not.”

He looked to Ariella with a somewhat gentler look, afraid of triggering another tantrum with the young woman.

“I need help with my ‘daddy issues’ because my father is a paranoid freak. He does not trust even his own children. If I can get someone to help me take him out, then I can deal with his chain of command, cleansing it of the ones too set in his ways to bring about peace.”

When Azix asked about the Contractor, Yoshiro was taken aback. How did his cousin know about the magi? His brows pinched together as he spoke again.

“How do you know him? He is a Magi my father keeps as an advisor. He is… twisted, and encourages my father’s dishonorable behavior. He offered me power once, and I declined it. I wanted no power that came from him. Instead, I sought out my own source of power. The Contractor was… disappointed, to say the least. He, uhhh…”

Yoshiro looked between Ariella and Azix, backing up from the table slightly before speaking again, ready to defend against a possible attack from the lightning magician. He held up his hands, as though in surrender.

“He gave Lilly power. The most sickening power I have ever seen. She… she can pull blood through a person’s skin, she can siphon it from orifices. It is horrifying. I don’t know what else I can tell you about him, other than I am not entirely sure he can be killed. He always seems to escape injury. I do not know how.”

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

When his comment had successfully left Ruki bristling, Azix gave her a small smirk and watched her leave the room. He was glad to see that Yoshiro had tried to put his sister in her place and felt a bit more respect for the man. After Ruki left, Yoshiro answered Azix's questions and the orange magician listened carefully. He was glad to hear that his cousin planned to be the one to take the throne and recognized the need to get rid of his siblings if he was to keep the throne. While Azix still was unsure how he felt about Yoshiro taking over Kou, his concerns could be addressed later.

The news regarding the Contractor was grim and Azix glanced at Ariella, reaching out to grab her hand for comfort, knowing she would take the news hard. He took a deep breath while squeezing his lover's hand and tried to piece together the words. "Lilly? What the hell was he thinking?!" Azix slammed a fist against the table and stood up to pace behind Ariella. He finally came to a halt and placed his hands on her shoulders. "I met the Contractor shortly after Li Cao's death. Then again when your bastard brother Zhi attempted to take the throne. The Contractor was at his side, but he didn't seem to upset to see his ally die."

Azix paused for a moment and gave Yoshiro a curious look, "Wait, Magi? What is that?"

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

After a while of setting up the invitations, Lagi was getting a bit bored of doing it. “ Ahh, I need to go clear my head Ruki. While you were with Yoshino, I’ve been doing the invitations for a while, you can finish up. “ Afterwards, Lagi would proceed to exit , but not before giving Ruki a kind smile and a small kiss on her cheek where she was slapped. It was a bit red and Lagi noticed, but he didn’t comment on it. If she was playing the role of a good wife and wanted to move on from her inner struggles with whoever she had a spat with, then so be it. However, that small gesture was a show of compassion, even if it was potentially foolishly wasted on the wrong woman. If she was literally reviving beatings for her choices, Lagi would at least want to try. Either way, the struggles of the heart was not on his concern. Lagi decided to head off to the el Nagi village by foot, literally walking into the woods and using bulk up – Speed in order to pick up some speed. He made sure to take a route that guards can’t follow, only the hunters and the men and women of the wild would tread like the El Nagi. Once he managed to be a bit away, but close enough to be in range of his communication orb, Lagi would use it to call out to el drago.”

“El Drago… meet me around these coordinates…”

El drago’s ancient intelligence definitely made him realize that his partner was communicating with him with some kid of magic. However, he didn’t question it and proceeded to meet up with Lagi in a disclosed location in the forest in order to help assist with the rebellion or lend a helping hand. “Maybe I should cover myself up like that crim guy…..

315/350

Abilities used
Spoiler:

[Exit]

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ari was gripping her wand so tightly, she thought she might snap it in half. Ruki’s words making her want to draw blood.The only thing that kept her from losing her temper again was Yoshiro’s slap and Azix remaining calm. At least someone had struck the woman for the comment, she would have to be satisfied with that. She listened as the two men exchanged words, not reacting until Yoshiro mentioned Lilly being given power. Her eyes widened and she could feel panic rising in her chest.

Even her lover’s calming touches were not doing much to keep her from slipping into a place of fear. All she could picture was the horrors Lilly had inflicted on her, only now, the nightmares inflicted were even worse. The child had been raised to be nothing but a killer, she did not even understand that death was not something she should be inflicting on people and someone had granted her even more power. When Azix gripped her shoulders, she raised a hand to grip his, trying her hardest to take deep breaths and not let herself fall to the nightmare.

She forced herself to focus on the conversation, looking up at Azix when he asked what a Magi was. The legends around the fabled Magi were often looked down on by the teachers in Magnostadt, as one had never been recorded in recent history and previous texts about them was unreliable. She half-mumbled, her face full of confusion.

“Magi? I thought those were pure myth and legend…”

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ruki nodded to Lagi as he mentioned going out for a bit, waving him off but appreciating the gentle kiss to her cheek. She had let herself become lost in planning the wedding to keep from storming back into the library and starting another fight. She had her own planning to do.

Yoshiro arched a brow at the fact that Azix had met the Contractor and his bastard brother, Zhi. The boy had never been accepted into the family, not truly, and when their father had sent him to Reim, Yoshiro had assumed it was a suicide mission. Their father was completely uninterested in if the white-haired young man was successful, seeing the attempt Zhi made as nothing more than a distraction while he prepared a real force to invade Reim, the one true competition, military-wise, for their own forces. He was unsurprised that the Contractor had not cared about the death of his half-brother.

When Ari mumbled about Magi being myth and legend, he gave a soft chuckle, shaking his head.

“They are not myth or legend, Ariella. They are very real, but not very common.”

Looking to Azix, he elaborated.

“A Magi is similar to a magician, but… stronger. They have access to all major magic types and can wield incredible power by taking magoi directly from the world around them, so they are not likely to become exhausted. They are also responsible for raising dungeons around the world. The Contractor has not given us a great deal of information about what exactly their purpose is, only that they grant power to those they think would be suited to unite the world. But his own methods… they speak of a much darker goal. He is the only one I have met, but I know there was at least one other in the world. The Contractor offers only tainted power, like what he gave Lilly.”

He took a deep breath, ordering his thoughts. Magi were a complicated topic and he was not sure how much to tell these two, but if he wanted their help, he would need their trust. That meant being open and honest as much as possible.

“I am sure you have both heard of dungeons and that they come with… power. The power in them comes from something known as a Djinn, which imbues their power into a metal vessel. Typically, a Magi raises a dungeon in hopes that a person will defeat it and claim that power. The power the Contractor hands out, though… it is twisted, somehow. It is not a true metal vessel, it draws on black rukh, the hatred and depravity of a person, and then it amplifies it. That is the power he gives. He offered me such a vessel. I declined and sought out a dungeon of my own.”

He would then pull him katana out and lay it on the table, showing a magic circle embedded near the hilt.

Yoshiro's Adventure with Seere:

“This is the power I will use to fix the wrongs my father has committed. I do not want you to believe that the power I wield was granted by the Contractor. The power I received was from a Djinn named Seere. That is how I know there is at least one other Magi, the one that raised that dungeon.”

He looked between Ariella and his cousin, worried at the pallor of the lightning magician. Her normally golden skin was an ashy shade and she looked close to having a total melt-down. Trusting Azix to handle her as he had, so far, he looked back to his cousin with an arched brow.

“So, what say you, cousin? Will you help me take down a tyrant?”

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Azix hummed in thought as he learned what the Magi were and what they were capable of. It seemed to fill in some of the blanks from what Garret had revealed to him about the dungeons. When Yoshiro began explaining the dungeons, Azix continued to look intrigued, curious to see if his cousin had more information on the magical towers. While Yoshiro didn't have anything new dungeon-wise for Azix, he revealed what Lagi's dark power had been. 'But Lagi didn't know act like he knew the Contractor....' It was a question that would have to be answered later.

The surprise and intrigue faded from Azix's face when Yoshiro presented his metal vessel. Reaching a hand under his shirt, Azix retreived the twin-dragon pendant that served as Cimeies metal vessel and held it up for his cousin to see. "That makes two of us. Spread, Cimeies!" While he spoke the chant to activate his Weapon Equip, Azix condensed his magoi around the metal vessel to fuel the transformation into a silver blade.

Azix held Yoshiro's gaze for a moment before nodding his head, "I will help you take down the Emperor. I have a warning for you though, since you plan to take the throne. I vowed to use this power to rid the world of corruption and build a new world of peace and equality. If this goal puts us at odds, you will be next." Azix tone was icy cold, perhaps spending so much time with Janus lately had rubbed off on him. Every fiber of Azix's being gave off a vibe that he was deadly serious about his threat. "Do you understand?"

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ari watched, her eyes bouncing between the two men, unsettled but trying her best to keep her cool. It was not going so well and when Azix equipped, she arched a brow. She was unsure of her place here, both of these men had the power of a djinn behind them, all she had were some trinkets. There was nothing diplomatic to be done and she doubted her ability to be of use in a true battle. She had not even been able to free herself from Lilly and Father. Her first instinct was to hunt down the child and kill her, but with the knowledge that Lilly had gained even more power, she knew she would not be strong enough.

She needed to become stronger and she knew the only way she could do that was to train. And the best way she could train was with her father, if he was not already embroiled in the rebellion efforts. Pushing herself up from her seat, she forced her tone to be calm and determined.

“When you two have settled on a plan, Azix knows where he can find me. I need to go.”

She would bow to Yoshiro before turning to her lover, pressing a kiss to his cheek with a small smile, trying to make herself look more stable than she felt. She would squeeze his hand before heading for the door, her steps turned towards her father’s inn.

[Exit]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Yoshiro watched as Azix performed an equip, his face tinged with awe. He had never seen another person do it before and it was an interesting sight. The knowledge that his cousin also had the power of a Djinn reassured him that he had picked the right man for the job. At Azix’ veiled threat, he arched a brow but understood the sentiment behind the words. After all, while he had tried not to be cruel to Azix as a child, he had not been kind, nor had he proven himself much different than his siblings.

“Cousin, if you ever feel the need to raise that towards me, I ask only that you make quick work of it. I do not wish to rule as my father, forcing unity through military might and terror. No, if unity is to be achieved, force is not the way to achieve it. I pray we are never at odds, Azix. We have an agreement.”

Yoshiro slid his katana away before continuing.

“I know my father would plan on being here for the wedding, so once that is organized, I will have a better idea of what direction to take, unless you wish to travel back to Kou to handle the situation, of course. I could arrange that, as well, but I feel it would be easier when he is here and out of sorts. If you find that acceptable, I will arrange to meet with you as soon as we have word of him arriving.”

He would look at Azix with questioning eyes, as though asking if it were an acceptable plan or if his cousin had any alternative ideas. Azix had made it clear that he had experience in both battle and politics, his ideas were valuable and Yoshiro would not try to quiet him.

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

When Ariella kissed Azix's cheek, he grabbed her hand before she left and brought it to his lips. "I'll be done shortly and then we can talk more." He searched her face as he spoke, worried at her mental state with the news of Lilly. Azix wished he could be in private to comfort her and figure out a plan to deal with the child assassin. Before he released her hand, Azix mouthed, 'I'm sorry,' hoping Ari understood.

After she left, the orange magician turned back to his cousin to hear what the man had to say. Azix's expression softened when he saw truth in Yoshiro's words and released the power of the Djinn. His jaw set in thought for a moment, "No, traveling to Kou wouldn't be wise. He'll be out of his element in Remano. Let me know when he arrives." Azix turned to leave and look over his shoulder, "Something needs to be done about Lilly, and soon. If you can keep us in the loop on her movements and capabilities, that would be appreciated." With that Azix gave a small wave goodbye and left the Palace to find Ariella.

[exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum