A Storm Gathers: Lagi's Decision

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ruki and Yoshiro rode into Remano with a contingent of guards, citizens and guards of Reim all parting at their arrival. Some people cursed at them, others spat and threw rocks or trash, but neither of the royals gave even a glance, their guards dealing with the infractions in a suitably non-violent way. Signs of the rebellion were everywhere, the number of Kou soldiers noticeably lower than intended on the way from the transfer circle near Portsmouth. When they had arrived, they had been informed that, all over the country, troops were being ambushed, supplies were being stolen and even a magic transfer circle that had been guarded by a Commander had been taken out. It would not be long until this little rebellion scaled to war, unless Ruki and Yoshiro could convince the King to take this last effort at peace. If he refused the offer of marriage, troops were ready to begin their siege. Reim was simply too valuable to let go of, in their father’s eyes.

When they arrived at the Palace, a steady glare was all it took to be allowed entrance, Ruki demanding to be taken to a room fitting her station. One of the guards conferred with the head of housekeeping for the Palace, who scurried off to immediately prepare a chamber close to the king’s. It was the only wing with rooms appropriate for royalty. Yoshiro, on the other hand, spoke quietly to a guard about meeting with Roark and the king, wanting to check on the well-being of the Kou nobility currently under ‘protective custody’ within the palace. While his sister may not care one bit for the wellness of their countrymen, Yoshiro had to see for himself that everyone was being well cared for.

When the head of housekeeping returned to lead Ruki to her chambers, she also informed Yoshiro that he had a room next to his sister’s. Yoshiro gave a kind smile and a respectful bow before heading to the Council offices to await his meeting with Roark and Lagi. He would stay there until he was seen, even if it took all night.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

So soon? “ Lagi wasn’t too pleased with the message on the Emperor’s offspring showing up here in Reim.  However, Lagi decided to play it cool and greet them with open ears and open arms.   This was a time of diplomacy, a very crucial and sensitive moment for the Reim Rebellion. Lagi had no clue as to what they would want of him  or why they would want to meet with him.   Even though the enemy was knocking at their door, Lagi would show no fear as soon as he headed into the Council’s office with his usual smile . Lagi would then greet the Reim Offspring kindly with a Kou greeting, showing a bit of respect to their culture before taking  his main seat.

“I’m sure that my guards showed you quite the hospitality, did they not? Would you like anything ? Something to drink?  Don’t worry about anything underhanded,  I’d like to think that drinking wine is a sign of being social, but its quite fine I you aren’t a fan of alcohol. “ Lagi does not mess around with his alcohol, he wasn’t going  to poison it or anything.” What do I owe the pleasure of meeting with the children of the emperor himself?”

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Yoshiro looked up when the King entered, returning the bow respectfully, though his face was not overly friendly. When Roark entered behind Lagi, Yoshiro also offered a bow to him, though it was not as low as the one offered to Lagi, a sign that Lagi was the more important of the two.

“King Lagi, I appreciate you meeting with me. I am Prince Yoshiro Zu, my father’s direct heir. I would prefer tea, it is too early for me to drink, I fear.”

He would wait until everyone had become settled before continuing, his voice calm and quiet.

“I have come to inform you of the purpose of our visit, as well as make a small request. First, my request. It has come to our attention that, in the unrest in your country, several of our nobles have been taken into protective custody. I appreciate your father’s quick thinking on the matter, to ensure their safety, however, I would appreciate being allowed to check on their well-being. My father is, I’m sure you can imagine, quite distraught and would like my personal assurance that no harm has come to these nobles.”

Roark listened to the request, restraining a grunt. It was a sensible request and he nodded slightly to indicate it would be acceptable. Yoshiro continued, his eyes full of caution, knowing that the purpose of their visit would not be well received.

“As to the purpose of our visit… My father would very much like to solidify his alliance with Reim and to help the people understand we only wish a peaceful union which would benefit both countries. As a show of faith, he has offered you the hand of his eldest daughter, Ruki. He feels it would be best to cement the union between Kou and Reim with a political marriage, while also helping to dispel this silly rebellion. You would think your citizens would understand that we are not here uninvited, but rather at an agreement made with you, their king.”

Yoshiro would say the last with a sly note to his voice, reminding Lagi that even if he tried to fool his citizens, Kou was willing to be very open about how they had been invited into the country in exchange for the throne Lagi sat upon. While it was easy for the average citizen to forget that Lagi had only obtained the throne through nefarious means, it was something Kou planned to capitalize on. The Emperor never let a puppet cut its own strings. Already, reports would just begin to reach the capitol city about the carnage Kaito was enacting upon the countryside of Reim.

Yoshiro did not agree with the methods his father enacted, but he knew they tended to be successful. The Emperor had given Lagi a choice: Marry Princess Ruki, end the rebellion and save the lives of countless citizens or deny the offer and engulf the country in war.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

“Guards, can you please fetch Prince Yoshiro some tea.” Lagi would gesture the guard to make haste as he paid very close attention to the direct heir’s next choice of words. “It is simply our responsibility to make sure that none of the Kou nobles are a victim of Reim’s current state of unrest. The credit goes to my father; we took the liberty of separating them and providing them with good security to ensure that no harm will befall them. Once you are out of out jurisdiction, it is pretty difficult to take head of the casualties, as well as the weight of the responsibility that will befall the current individual on the throne when those causalities occur.”

Lagi made it sound that he didn’t have any kind of intention to let anything happen to the Kou nobles, but he knew that he was just as responsible in making sure that they were successfully captured. The guard would return with some tea. Lagi would shift over to pour himself some tea first and tasted it right in front of Yoshiro. “ Peppermint tea, I hope you don’t mind. Feel free to help yourself. This isn’t a lack of hospitality, I just know that some individuals would much rather be in control. “ Lagi was gutsy, he wasn’t going to poison this guy. However, Yoshiro would utter a very disturbing piece of information afterwards.

He was quite aware of the situation that he had with Azix, as well as the agreement of bartering the life of the king in order to take the throne for himself. It was a piece of information that could definitely hurt his image, as well as endanger him in the process. It would be funny if you was killed by the same group of people in the middle of a rebellion that you are trying to start. However, Sly’s words definitely echoed in his head as well, Octavius and the rest of the fanalis was counting on his discreetness and the fact that he would be just in his decisions as the current ruler. If he was to accept such an agreement, the work his father done would be all for nothing.

“Prince Yoshiro, I’m afraid that I will have to decline. For starter, I’m not much of a firm believer of political marriages. You shouldn’t be so quick to offer your sister up as a political tool. People should be treated as people, not property. That exactly why I ended slavery in this country in the first place. Also, my decisions were completely based on what was best for Reim. I would admit that there was a selfish incentive of being the ruler of this land, but such ambitions begin to pale when you realize the amount of lives that are counting on you. I am not such a petty man to put my own image over the lives and well-being of my citizens. Being a former arbitrager of hasty decisions, I am also hoping that you were not expecting such an immediate answer in your favor, there was a time when marriage used to be a sacred bond between two people and being together of their free will. “

Agreeing to this marriage was a death sentence for Reim. Even Lagi knew this; this was something that he couldn’t go on with.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Yoshiro listened intently, nodding his head in understanding, but his tone was troubled, bordering on concerned.

“Marriage has historically been used to cement relations between families and nations, King Lagi. The fact that you have chosen a less peaceful means of appeasing my father, the man that gave you the throne you so arrogantly think you deserve… I hope you understand what he will do as a result.”

Yoshiro looked up as the door opened, Ruki entering with grace and oozing sensuality. Her red hair had been perfectly coifed, falling down her back in fiery coils, her outfit designed to clearly display her ample cleavage and curved figure. She was the very picture of a healthy young woman of child bearing age, with hips to indicate she would be able to bear children easily. Her eyes were lined in kohl, making them look dark and sultry. Yoshiro resisted the urge to groan at the image she had chosen. She was making good on her promise to their father to entice Lagi.

A Storm Gathers: Lagi's Decision NURilY9

Ruki bowed deeply before Lagi, giving him an even better display of her cleavage, though somehow she did it without seeming cheap or obvious. Her face was a carefully crafted mask to look cheerful and benign.

“Great King Lagi, it is an honor to meet you. My father indicated that you may be open to a marriage proposal to unite out great countries to bring an end to this horrid rebellion that is costing both of our countries numerous lives. I was only too happy to be offered in the marriage, to be given the opportunity to provide you with many heirs that would continue our alliance on through the generations. Please do not be so hasty as to make a decision right now, perhaps you may find my company endearing. I have been told I am pleasant to speak with, Your Grace. Certainly you would not tarnish my honor as a woman as to brush me off without at least meeting me first, King El Nagi.”

The words were spoken with the practice of years in the royal court, completely hiding the seething hatred in her mind. If her only hope for the throne was to convince this farce of a King to wed and bed her, then she would do it, but she only had to appear happy about it.

Yoshiro arched a brow at his sister’s act, it was impressive, even for her. And it would give him time to make connections to the people in this country, to see the true state of affairs. Yoshiro spoke up.

“As you see, King Lagi, my father is not offering an unwilling bride. And it would be truly monstrous of you to deny her offer without at least getting to know her first. Perhaps you and she can become better acquainted while your Father shows me to the… protected nobility?”

Ruki would turn her pretty eyes up to Lagi in a desperate look.

“Please King Lagi? I would hate to see what Father would do if you denied his gift without at least giving it the appropriate consideration. He is not known for being kind when angry.”

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!” This was said in Lagi’s head of course, but this situation has definitely took a turn for the worst. Kou managed to have a red haired babe with some good hips, on top of the fact that it was the emperors daughter. Was he really offering his child to him, who does that? “Then again….” Lagi ‘s cool exterior collapsed as he looked at the girl in admiration, she had the alluring qualities that could leave any man smitten. She was basically standing as the devil’s fruit, leaving a man to say yes with every reason to say no. “ *Cough* *Cough* Well….”

Lagi would have to play it cool, his father was standing in his presence. “I am man, I can’t let this woman control me! I am the master of my emotions, all I have to do is say no and everything will be ok. But she offered herself to me as a red head amazon wife. Wait; am I ready to be a father?! No No No! I’m only 19; I don’t think I’m ready for this just yet! I mean, the responsibilities ….. but…. They will have such a banging mom…. Wait… shes Kou! Ahh dammit!” Lagi was having a war with himself, his many instincts started to talk for him after a while.

“I guess you are right, perhaps it would do us all some good if we took the time to get to know each other before being too hasty about decisions. In the meantime, my father can tend to you.” Lagi was basically a puppy at the moment, what was he even saying now?! Was he really going to surrender his country for a piece of tail?” I’m going to surrender my country for that fine kou piece of……….. no no no no…stop it lagi! Focus dammit!” It was definitely an internal war……….which was about to get worse once he was left alone with her.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Yoshiro did not snort at Lagi playing so perfectly into his sister’s ploy, but he wanted to. Roark offered only a grunt before waving towards the door. Yoshiro bowed to the King and gave his sister a look before following Roark out of the room and towards where the hostages were being kept. He was silent as they neared the appropriate wing, stopping just before he entered the room with Wei Tenji. He turned to Roark with a mask of neutrality.

“Councilor El Nagi, I do appreciate the effort you went through to ensure at least some of our more important figures were unharmed. Though, we may need to talk later about Chuge Don…”

Roark froze at the mention of the military Councilor he had killed, not realizing the Prince would have any knowledge of what he had done. To keep his cover, he simply dipped his head and swung open Ms. Tenji’s door. Yoshiro entered and then kicked the door shut before Roark could follow, wanting a few moments to speak to the woman without her captor in the room. He gave Wei a deep bow, his eyes gentle as he looked her over. It would appear she was, indeed, unharmed, for which he was grateful.

“Miss Tenji, I am glad to see you well. I trust they have not harmed you?”

Wei looked at the Prince with wide-eyed wonder. She had never expected that Prince Yoshiro himself would be here to speak with her. She gave a deep bow, her eyes glued to the floor.

“Prince Yoshiro! I am unharmed and they are actually giving me slightly more freedom than the others. Councilor Roark still comes to seek my advice on matters regarding the work force and education reforms. Miss Fu arrived a week ago and there is another noblewoman here with her children. I am teaching the children during the day.”

Yoshiro smiled and nodded, he would expect nothing less from the woman. She was well known for her fair and caring ways. His voice was quiet, as to not be overheard outside of the two of them.

“Miss Tenji… this may sound odd, but I know you have spent a great deal of time in this country. How would you say they were doing, before the… conflict?”

Wei listened to the words with a frown of concentration, choosing her words carefully.

“They were making steps towards a more equal society, slowly. Marquis Niraj invested a great deal of his own money into starting up the programs and helping with the reforms. King Lagi has been a bit slower on the uptake, more focus on improving living conditions through the use of animals. I believe he may be pushing that more than the education of his people, but he is not trying to stifle the education either. He is a young leader, with no experience and only his own hopes and dreams for the future in mind. He is also quite prideful, believing that his way is the only way, hence why Marquis Niraj was forced to invest so much initially. The King acted like, since it was not his idea, it was not worth investing in. Oncehe saw it begin to succeed, he changed his views, though. He is stubborn, but not completely unbending.”

Yoshiro gave deep consideration to the words, unsure of where that would place him on being able to come to different terms between their countries. His proposition would only work if it was someone willing to compromise and put the good of both countries above themselves. He looked back to Wei with a masked look.

“Miss Tenji, I would like to pose a hypothetical situation to you. If given the choice, and this rebellion were not an issue… Where would you prefer to be? Would you like to come home and return to your duties as the Education Administrator? Or would you prefer to remain in Reim, advancing their education and work force programs?”

Wei heard the words, but did not understand them. The more she considered it, the more confused she became. If she had a choice? She was given orders and she followed them; that was just how it was. And how did the Prince intend to end this rebellion while keeping Reim intact? But given the situation was hypothetical, she phrased her answer carefully.

“If given the choice? I suppose I would like to see if I could make a difference in Reim. The education system in Kou is already well established and expansive, Reim’s education system is still in infancy, I would like to see what it could grow to, I suppose. That is, hypothetically speaking.”

Yoshiro seemed pleased with the answer and offered her a bow before dismissing himself to check on the other nobles being held. With each, he kept Roark out of the room, wanting the truth of the conditions the people were being held under.

Ruki hid the smirk at Lagi’s reaction. He was a typical man, unable to resist her feminine wiles. She gave him an innocent, hopeful smile and she dragged the chair Yoshiro had been sitting in to be next to the King’s seat. Moving her hair behind her shoulder, she fluttered her lashes at Lagi and reached over to pour them two cups of wine. She gave a soft giggle, her voice smooth as chocolate.

“My brother may be too strict with himself to enjoy a glass of wine in the middle of the day, but I have heard Reim has the best wine in the world. Won’t you join me for a glass, Your Grace?”

Her chest strained against her top as she reached to hand him the glass, raising her own in a toast.

“I say we toast to the chance of a flourishing friendship. And perhaps, once I have shown my ability to keep your attention with conversation, we can explore other venues, to see if we are… compatible. Would that be acceptable, My King?”

She emphasized the words ‘my king’, knowing too many men enjoyed being reminded of their power, especially by a woman. Her voice was sultry and fairly oozed with sensuality, she knew the effect she had on men and she was more than willing to combine that with a sense of innocence to bring them to their knees. In this case, all she had to do was get him to agree to the wedding and wait long enough to get pregnant before taking the throne for herself.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Lagi wasn’t a hard person to turn on, she was already passing the test in the looks department and proceeded to pass any other kind of criteria that Lagi had in mind. “Oh no…. she’s pouring wine!!!” Lagi had to be sober for this; he noticed that he doesn’t make the best of choices when he’s under the influence. However, Lagi wasn’t expecting one drink completely put him on the influence. He’s been drinking for quite some time and most likely built up a tolerance to its initial tipsiness. She was definitely using all of the tricks, showing off her perfect boobs whenever she had the chance.

*Gulp* Lagi swallowed hard as he took the glass and prepared to toast. Lagi was currently thinking with his pants, but he was trying to fight the temptation. However, he was being enticed by her words.” Friendship, I guess that’s how it always starts right? Cheers…..” Maybe this could work in reverse, maybe drinking enough could turn Lagi into the devious charmer that he always knew he could be. If he can reverse charm Ruki and get in control, perhaps he wouldn’t be so easily played. “ After the initial toast, Lagi would drink his wine and proceed to converse with the young princess.” Princess, you are definitely too kind. Your words are wasted on such a man as I, being born from royal blood and inheriting the finest qualities of your dear mother. You truly are a woman that every man dreams about, I am still wondering if this is even real? ” Lagi’s voice was soft, every single sentence flowed naturally.

He was starting to be a bit more comfortable as he shifted for the wine bottle and poured himself another glass. Surprisingly, alcohol was kind of helping him be cool in this situation. “Of all the men who asked for your hand, what makes me different from them if you allow yourself to be offered to me? I must warn you when it comes to other “venues”, I exercise control at all times. “ Ok, lagi was starting to go into playboy mode. Attempting a tug of war with a seductress wasn’t the plan, but it was all he could manage about now.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ruki smiled innocently at Lagi’s words, in her mind she was rolling her eyes. He was trying so hard to be suave and sophisticated, to remain in control. She batted her eyes coyly, toying with a strand of her hair, making the fiery strand dance across the exposed swell of her chest.

“Oh, you honor me with such compliments, Your Grace. To be honest, I have always wanted to see more of the world than Kou had to offer. And I have heard such wonderful things about how much you do for your people, I practically begged my father to be allowed to offer my hand, rather than one of my other sisters. Tales of how strong and brave you were, to face that beastly man in the Coliseum and command such a creature as El Drago? Powerful men have always… caught my eye, you could say.”

She sipped at her wine daintily, her years of training in looking graceful and delicate showing in the way she shifted and the raise of her glass, never taking more than a sip, lest she look like a lush. She leaned closer to whisper in his ear, her voice a breathy rasp.

“Control in all areas, Your Grace?”

She returned to her previous position, sipping at her wine as though she had never breathed the words. She continued to speak in earnest tones, her voice dripping with admiration and awe for the King.

“You are said to be a King of the People, Great King Lagi. You are educating your less prominent citizens, trying to make work for them. Why, I hear you single-handedly made an arrangement with that brute of a leader, Chieftain Asisiak, to have your citizens trade their craft there, as well. To have even the respect of the Imuchakk? You must be a great man, indeed.”

She leaned forward to fill her now-empty glass, her eyes never leaving Lagi’s face. This led to her ‘accidentally’ over filling the glass, the ruby liquid running over the table and into Lagi’s lap. With a cry of dismay, Ruki immediately grabbed for a cloth napkin and reached to dab the liquid from Lagi’s pants, her eyes still on his face.

“My King, I am so sorry. I can be so clumsy!”

Her head spun to the door as it opened, Yoshiro and Roark re-entering the room. Ruki quickly snatched her had back from Lagi’s pants, painting an embarrassed look on her face, though she knew it would not fool Yoshiro.

Roark coughed awkwardly at the scene the door opened on, the Princess snatching her hand away from his son’s pants with a blush that made even his loins stir, though he shook his head, Yoshiro speaking before Roark could.

“Ruki, you are a clumsy one, aren’t you. King Lagi, forgive my sister’s uncoordinated behavior. She tends to become… distracted, when in the presence of someone she likes. And I apologize, but I simply must steal poor Ruki away to discuss matters with her concerning the nobles in your custody. Fear not, I have found no evidence of mistreatment, I would simply like her input, as most of them are female and I am useless about feminine needs.”

Ruki glowered at him, he had interrupted the most important part of her seduction, though the expression was gone in an instant. She blushed as she looked to Lagi, standing and giving him a deep bow, her hair practically falling into his lap, though her eyes never left his face.

“I am afraid our initial meeting must be cut short, My King. I do hope that we can possibly have dinner later? I would like an opportunity to make up for my clumsiness. I fear I may have ruined your pants! Please, excuse me for now, but seek me out later for dinner. I eagerly await our next visit, Your Grace.”

She stood and followed Yoshiro out of the room, waiting until they were down the hall and out of ear shot to slap Yoshiro in the back of the head. How dare he interrupt her while she was attempting to seduce a man. Yoshiro snorted but remained silent, ushering the Princess into her room before following her to discuss the conditions of the prisoners with her.

Roark just stood and arched a brow at Lagi, the look on his face somewhere close to amusement. His voice carried a barely concealed chuckle when he finally spoke.

“Well, at least the Emperor sent you someone pretty…”

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Lagi would let out a relieved sigh as soon as the emperors siblings left the room. “Ahh, I was definitely put in the hot seat back there. That woman is very dangerous in a lot of different ways.” He knew that his father was somewhat amused about what transpired a few moments ago. “ You actually came in at a great time.” Lagi would give off some nervous laughter; he wasn’t too sure how to handle the emperors daughter this time. It was a very strange and inconvenient altercation, he would of hoped that things would go better.

“So what happened with you and the direct heir? And….what now?
” Lagi was still apparently hot and bothered with the recent pat down of his manly looms. The smell of wine was apparent from his current attire; there was a light blush on each side of his cheeks.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Roark chuckled at Lagi, patting his shoulder before taking a seat and shaking his head.

“The Yoshiro fellow seems… friendly, at least. He is smart, sharp, but he doesn’t seem nefarious, which is a nice change of pace. As for the Princess, well… she certainly seemed friendly, at least to you.”

Roark sobered, fully understanding the severity of the situation.

“Son, I do not envy the choice you have to make. And not just because she is a very well-endowed woman seemingly willing to be at your beck and call. This offer… it could save thousands of lives, Lagi. You marry her, call for an end to the rebellion… and they stop the flood of troops coming in, slaughtering our people. On the other hand, this is Kou. I don’t know if they would honor the agreement, though they have kept to their word more than you have kept to yours. So, those are the options, I think. Continue the rebellion and declare all-out war against the Kou invasion… or marry that gorgeous woman and save the lives of thousands, but be allied with Kou. I would not want to be in your shoes.”

Yoshiro rolled his eyes at Ruki as she reapplied her face paint, making her lips appear sultry and her eyes seem to glow with desire. If he had not seen her act before, he would be convinced that she might actually like the poor King. Ruki pressed her lips together and made a kissing face in the mirror, using the reflective surface to look at her brother. Her voice was full of contempt and ridicule.

“Why do you care about their treatment, Yoshi? You know they are expendable, father did not send you to play pretty housekeeper to the idiot nobles in this country. He sent you to kill Lagi if I fail to seduce him.”

Her voice suddenly transformed into the sickeningly sweet and innocent tones she had used with the king, fluttering her lashes at Yoshiro.

“Poor King Lagi cannot resist my offer for dinner and companionship, Yoshi. Don’t worry, I will make sure you don’t have to get your blade all bloody to defend my honor.”

Yoshiro sighed and shook his head, moving to his own room attached to Ruki’s. His sister had her methods, now he needed to find the right people to talk to about his own ideas. Roark was too close to the king for him to trust the man, plus he showed no issue with killing Kou royalty, after Chuge Don. No, he needed someone that he had a hope of trusting and being trusted in return. His mind flicked through the possibility before remembering Wei Tenji mentioning Marquis Niraj. As a boy, Azix had been ridiculed, a source of entertainment for the other noble children. Yoshiro had never approved of their treatment of the boy, punishing him for the actions of his father. While he did not join in with their torturing antics with the boy, he also did not stop them, knowing that to do so would be seen as a weakness. Instead, he had simply sat in the corner and given Azix apologetic looks.

With what Ms. Tenji had said about the Marquis, he had done wonderful things for the country, setting up an education and work force program, donating his own money and time to ensuring it flourished, even asking for help from others to assist him in the programs. He had a woman from Magnostadt, Ariella Negri, assisting with the education reform. Yoshiro had met Ms. Negri a couple of years ago when she was a tender 15 years old. He had only been 18 at the time and flattered at her obvious crush. He was still slightly ashamed at how he had taken advantage of her attention, clearly remembering one of her classmates interrupting them as they kissed in a closet during one of the celebratory balls.

If there was anyone he could hope to talk to about his plans, it would need to be someone who had met him before, that knew he was not like his siblings and had no taste for conquest and destruction. And Fate had given him not one, but two people in Reim that fit that description. Perhaps it was time to visit with the Marquis and Ms. Negri.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Lagi was silent as he folded his arms. This was definitely a difficult decision for him to make. Everything had its benefits, but they also had their down sides that not many people could recover from. This is what it meant to be a ruler; the most crucial of decisions were completely dependent on Lagi. He wasn’t too sure on what he should do when it came to the future of Reim. However, one thing was for certain, he didn’t have that much time at all.” I guess it’s going to be dinner time soon, I should have an answer to this current situation by then. There is no real reason for me to decline without being completely disrespectful of her friendly gesture. Just…have faith in me to make the right choice…” Lagi would then go to brush up for tonight.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Roark respected his son shouldering this responsibility, knowing he must feel like the weight of the world was on his shoulders. But that was the role a King must play. He would face these types of decisions as long as he stayed on the throne.

Ruki made sure everything was perfect, shooing the servants from the room to put the finishing touches on the dining table, making sure the candles were lit and positioned to offer lighting without blocking the vision between the two. Her outfit had been carefully selected for the amount of skin it showed without seeming cheap or obvious. Her hair had been brushed to a perfect lustrous shine, falling down around her shoulders in shimmering coils of red. Yoshiro watched from the doorway, rolling his eyes. When Ruki put her mind to something, she was unstoppable. Let her play her seduction, he had other plans.

Yoshiro walked down the hall towards Wei Tenji’s room, wanting to talk more with the Council member, hoping she would have ideas for how to help him with his own intentions.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Lagi was dressed in a formal attire, it was a lot similar to his outfit in the coronation. However, it was free from any kind of cloth was resembled Kou and stuck more to the traditional Reim attire. LAgi would then wait patiently in the dining hall, sitting across the table as he twiddled his thumbs and sent for the Kou princess. It was quite a meal prepared today, there was a mixture of some Kou delicates in order to spread out the difference between cultures when it came to the dishes. Above all else, Lagi was handsome and courteous for the time being. However, he still had his Emerald of Ashanti and his bladed brooch. He was also carrying his angelic brace; Orie also remained hidden inside of him.

These were all necessary precautions for the time being. They looked like jewels and beautiful trinkets from his last travels, but they were all weapon in Lagi’s hands. “……” Lagi waited at the table in his seat, the servants stood by him in order to greet the princess of Kou.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ruki would enter the dining area after making some final touches to her appearance. The only thing that could even remotely be considered a weapon would be the hair pin she wore, but it was a soft gold, too malleable to be used to stab someone. She was not here for violence, she was here to make good on her promise to try and convince the King to marry her. She approached the table, giving a deep bow to King Lagi as her hair cascaded around her shoulders, her ruby eyes lined in kohl to make them appear sultrier.

“Great King Lagi, I am flattered that you accepted my dinner invitation. Our earlier interruption was unfortunate, as I did not have a chance to discuss anything with you.”

She would graciously accept the seat the servant had pulled out for her, giving the young man a flattering smile that made him blush and stammer as he returned to pouring wine for them. Ruki turned her attention back to Lagi, her voice oozing sensuality, though the topic was far from sexually enticing. Rather, she began speaking of complex political matters, making inquiries about Lagi’s animal programs.

“I am fascinated by the idea of using beasts to help bolster the resources of your country, Your Grace. Councilor Tenji mentioned you had trained Manta to provide air transport, among other things. This must have greatly improved trade, as it speeds up transport, getting supplies where they are needed much quicker, which in turn increases profits. I commend your smart thinking in such a move, not many would be brave enough to try such a risky venture.”

She had no end of compliments for his farming animals, as well, gushing over what he had managed as she daintily ate grapes. Her knowledge on the developments in the country since Lagi had taken the throne was impressive, she had obviously done her research and was not witless.

“I am sure there are concerns over your Smasher creatures taking heavy labor jobs. While it may make things simpler for your human workers, that is a large portion of the population that must now find other work. For those that specialized only in the heavy lifting, I can imagine they were not happy. Are you making efforts to train them in more specialized areas that your creatures cannot do?”

Through all of the conversation, she never let a hair fall out of place and used her allure to her benefit, distracting the servers with a slight touch to their arms as she asked to try different dishes. When a plate of cherries was brought out, her eyes lit up. They were obviously from the Sakura tree, a species native to her home country and known around the world for the flavor and juiciness. She held one up to Lagi with an enticing look.

“You simply must try these, it is a small touch of home that I am glad Yoshiro managed to bring along. It is said that no fruit in the world has the sweetness or juiciness of a Sakura cherry. I remember making myself sick on them as a child, eating them by the handful as my brothers and I stole through the orchards. It is truly the forbidden fruit that is the sweetest, My King.”

The look in her eyes spoke to more than just food,, though she innocently held the cherry out to feed to the King.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Lagi would greet the princess kindly when she entered the room. “That’s quite alright; I wanted to be sure that I was well groomed in preparation for tonight. It would be best if we managed to discuss a few things over a nice meal. Took the liberty of asking the chef of making some of the Kou delicacy’s as well as Reim’s trademarks dishes. You might be able to try something new, as well as feel as if you are right at home. “ Lagi had his manners, he was doing his best to accommodate the princess.

She would start to mention Lagi’s recent decisions involving the beasts in the first place. Lagi had every intention to stand by them.” When it comes to standing by the ideals that you believe in, the worst thing you could ever feel is regret. Regret I something you have to discard, as well as taking responsibility for your actions. The implement of the beasts were all for the sake of the a greater good, I felt as if the added assistance could greatly bolster reim’s revenue intake, as well as open up more possibilities when it comes to looking at animals with a simple. There will always be potential, and there will always be people to exploit that potential for the wrong reasons. At the very least, I can honestly say that my actions were sincere. “

Ruki’s womanly ways were definitely hitting their mark; Lagi continued to pay attention to her. However, the talk of work made Lagi think about what was truly important, as well as his duty and burden as king. Ruki tried to entice him, but lagi wouldn’t necessarily eat the cherry. “ That’s a pretty cute story, I don’t have the pleasure of having any siblings of my own. But I do know one thing, there is a reason why fruit is forbidden in the first place. A simple taste could grant you knowledge, pleasure beyond your wildest fantasies, but it will forever seal your fate. “ Lagi would then let out small laughter and take a bite of the cherry. “Well, I guess I’m just as much as a sinner. “She was beautiful and she had her ways, but Lagi wasn’t trying to be distracted with her looks. “ I’ll be honest with you; your eyes give off a different tone than your words. Those eyes, they tell me that you ae uncontrollable. Save for your father, no man has ever gotten the better of you, but even I can question your talents. Are you even willing to turn a man into a proper king? I’m no stranger of being used and lied to, to have things taken from me . At such a young stage in my life, I feel as if I have so much to offer, and yet everyone wants to see it wasted.

Lagi would then tap his glass, signaling the servant to bring him his soup. “How do you see things Princess Ruki? I made a promise to the people of Reim that I will seek out the heir if such a person exists and surrender never show my face again. My success leaves me to be shunned by my own country, holding true to my word. A political marriage leaves me to be hated, I will be no stranger to an increase of assassination attempts. And here you are…. Happy to potentially be wed to your brother’s Killer……. Do you hate me for it? “ His words held weight, Lagi was a bit more serious and cordial this time around.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ruki would smile as Lagi talked, listening intently for the cues she needed. When he asked about her brother, she laughed softly and leaned back to sip at her wine, her chest bouncing at the sound. It was the first honest sound that had fallen from her lips.

“Great King, you did not kill my brother. You killed one of my father’s offspring, I had never even met him. The illegitimate children were kept separate from those of us destined to one day inherit responsibility and possibly, the throne. Zhi, from everything I have heard, was a sickly, deluded boy with no true training or education. He did not see me as sister any more than I saw him as brother. If you had slain Adam, or Yoshiro, or Kaito, I may have wept, but I still would not have hated you for it. As children of the Emperor, we know that we are targets. From the day we are born, there are those that want to rip our Fate from us. So, we become strong enough to defend ourselves and we become immune to the sadness associated with death. You mentioned assassination attempts? I have personally fended off five such attacks on my person, alone. There were countless more. No, we accept our Fate, as children of the Emperor. Everyone wants us dead because of our blood. If it is not envy, it is because they feel like all of us are the same as our father, taking out his sins on his children.”

Ruki took another drink, enjoying the line of conversation more than she would care to admit. This king certainly seemed to pity himself more than anyone else would. Pity, one should never just sit and feel sorry for themselves. Her eyes shone brightly, not in an attempt to seduce but full of a sense of pride, her chin tipping up.

“You are correct, I am not one to be controlled, I never have been. That does not mean that for the right man, with the right dreams, I would not do everything in my power to help him… and to keep him very happy.”

She nearly purred out those words, leaving no doubt to her intended meaning.

“My father feels I am a pawn. I allow him to believe I am. There is great potential in Reim, potential to make it greater than even Kou, because it does not come with that nasty invasion issue we are so famous for. It would benefit both of us greatly to join forces in a political marriage. You need someone with true political experience to guide you. Your father, great warrior though he might be, is useless in politics. He killed Chuge Don, hoping to avoid war with a silly rebellion, when all he did was piss my Father off. Your father’s inexperience and rash actions are the reason my brother Kaito is currently slaughtering his way around your countryside.”

She sat her glass down on the table and gave Lagi a smirk, revealing to him just how dire his situation was.

“Your inexperience and your desire to put ‘trusted’ members on your council is getting your citizens killed, King Lagi. You need someone with enough experience to make sure that doesn’t happen in the future. I need a king strong enough and driven enough to be willing to make hard decisions and stand by them, without taking shit from anyone, excuse my blunt language. You are both strong and driven, young enough to be convinced that your way is the correct way. I admire that and could see us making quite the dangerous pair against my father.”

Over the course of her speaking, she went from a coy, but educated, Princess to an extremely intelligent, driven woman with no pretense of being coy or vulnerable. She was also offering Lagi another option. She knew Yoshiro’s intentions, she was no fool. Her brother wanted a peaceful union with Reim and he wanted it by overthrowing their father. She could get what she wanted by using what he had planned. She leaned forward, her cleavage resting on the table as she eyed Lagi with desire, the closest to true desire she could manage.

“There you have it, King Lagi. Let my father think we are on peaceful terms. Agree to this marriage so he calls Kaito back home. In the meantime, let me offer you political guidance and, with Yoshiro’s help, remove my father from his blood-covered throne. Let Yoshiro lead Kou with his peaceful, gentle ways and I will play your good wife, bolster your education in politicis… and hell, I might even be convinced to show you all the training they put us Princesses through to make sure we know how to please our intended husband’s. You save the lives of your people and gain a powerful political ally that is not trying to invade your country. Let Yoshiro and I help you keep this throne.”

Her voice regained its sultry tone, the idea that had blossomed pleasing her much more than her plans to seduce and then kill the King. He was young enough to be molded.

“You took this throne because you could. And you do not strike me as the type of man to just give up something he worked so hard for. You gained this throne through unpleasant means, but you have done great things with it so far. Are you really going to step down and hand this throne over to some unknown heir, after you did so much to put this country on the right path? Did you not enjoy the sense of power that comes with this throne? I have seen how you order people about, owning the power you were given. Would you be fine going back to being poor little Lagi el Nagi, disappointment of his tribe? Sure, you now have that dragon, but… can you go back to your people with your head hanging in shame because you could not hold onto the throne you worked so hard for? You bled to get that throne and so far you have given it your blood, sweat and tears. You deserve that throne. Do not give it up just because some uneducated citizens are stuck in a past era, clinging to their old ways instead of seeing the possibilities for the future.”

Ruki popped a cherry into her mouth, her lips pursing around the fruit as she bit down, some of the juice running from the corner of her mouth. She quickly used her thumb to capture the dripping juice and then licked the juice from her finger, eyes never leaving his. No true king would ever simply step down from a throne without a true fight. If he stepped down without a word, she had judged him wrong and he was nothing more than a spineless pawn unworthy of being her partner.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The sound of Ruki’s laugh was rather different at the mention of her brother. It seemed more genuine to say the least, a refreshing thing to experience when Lagi’s sins continued to weigh down upon him. It would seem that illegitimate children were at odds against each other, Lagi felt pity and sorrow for Zou as he heard about the details. To be cast aside by the rest of your family, to be plagued by sickness, and finally killed by Lagi when he attempted for change. This was fate; it just turned out to be his fate. However, there was no point in mourning for the dead.

“Killing the people around the countryside is basically the same as killing innocent bystanders who had no intention to get involved with this war. Reim’s people is strong, hut there are the women and children to think about, as well as the men who refuse to leave their side and fight our war. I guess this could remain as the result of my decisions, but you would only be provoking them to the point of refusing to listen to even me. “

However Ruki’s words were resonating with Lagi, she was offering everything that he ever wanted. It was not so much her looks this time, but her words. “Can I really be the man that you think I can be? Are you willing to betray your father in order to bet on that? Will you be willing to hlp me on turning this country around?” Lagi was silent once more after Ruki finished her peace; something unexpected was going to come about. “I’ll do it……… “ His voice was full of conviction and ambition. “It’s not fair that I have to give this up; fate has placed me on this throne. All this time, I have been accepting every responsibility for the choices that I make. This one is no different from that. The people will hate me, but this saves the country and gets Kou off of our backs for a period of time. Ruki…. I’ll bet on that ambition of yours. Your own, not your fathers…. If you truly believe in our potential, then I will believe in you. Ill take on all of the hatred, all of the rage, and hopefully a better Reim can be birthed from it. “

This was Lagi’s decision.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ruki’s eyes widened just slightly in surprise. Apparently his throne meant more to him than his hatred of her country. The slightly shock turned quickly into a smirk as she leaned forward, her voice full of the sensuality she never turned off with an underlying note of slyness.

“My King, you have made an excellent decision. And do not worry about my father. Yoshiro and I will tend to that, and soon. For now, I will inform him that you have graciously accepted the offer to wed me, so he can call off Kaito and that little brat, Lilly. It is good you accepted the offer, before Kaito began to enjoy himself too much. He is ruthless and with that horrid child at his side, suffice to say, it is not a pleasant picture for the people of Reim. I will inform my father as quickly as possible, to ensure that the damage to your citizens is minimized.”

Ruki would not let Lagi think she was heartless to the lives of his citizens, but she could care less if Kaito destroyed every village between Portsmouth and Remano. For now, she had the King right where she wanted him. Now she simply had to let Yoshiro know that she was aware of his plans and offer to work with him, if only long enough to get their father off the throne so she could one day take it from her gentle brother. But now, she had a much more obtainable throne. Nothing made Ruki more likeable than getting what she wanted.

She stood, resting her napkin on her plate before moving to stand in front of Lagi, eyes glittering in the candle light. She gave him a deep bow.

“My great King, I will make an excellent Queen for you. If you wish to more intimately explore the meaning of that, do not be afraid to stop by my chambers later. But, in the interest of the lives of your citizens, I must seek out Yoshiro and inform him that we are to be wed, so he can put a stop to my father’s ordered slaughter. I am sure you will agree that business must come before pleasure, in this case.”

She would use her bowed position to lean close, dropping an intimate kiss to his lips that spoke of her intention to make an excellent wife before quickly standing and moving to the door, knowing she needed to inform Yoshiro quickly. If Kaito got too far in his slaughter, the people would never accept her as a Queen.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

After the kiss, Lagi would have a neutral smile on his face. “Do what you have to do. There are a few things that I have to finish up on my own. “ After that Lagi would send for his father as soon as the princess left.  When he met with his father, he asked everyone to clear the room so that they could talk in his private quarters. There would be a moment of silence between them  before Lagi said anything. Finally, Lagi would open his mouth to form the words. As he  started to write a letter, he would inform his father of everything that happened.

“The people of reim around the countryside were being slaughtered by the Kou emperor’s son Kaito  this entire time, ever since they arrived to Reim.  This was done without my knowledge of course, who knows how much the body count adds up to. I decided to marry, but not because I was seduced by her. I am saving these people from Kaito and Lilly. She is alive and most likely allied with Kou, responsible for killing Ariella's mother and the council members, and who knows how many else. They were having a  murderous rampage upon my citizens. I bought time with this move….. But time is all it will be until one of two things happen.” Lagi would let this sink in first.

“I am betting on the chance that Ruki’s desire and ambition is even bigger than her father, up to the point that she is willing to part with his life in case of her own plans. That was shown when she said that she had faith in me to be molded into a proper king, as well as assisting me in political  decisions. The plan is to bite the bullet now  in order to  end the emperor of Kou and replace him with Yoshiro, the direct heir’s kindness  would be what’s best for Kou and everything could change if he takes the helm.  There is a great deal of time before this wedding  you need to find sly to refer to Octavius and give him my letter. I have not sold him out; his existence is still a secret.  We will be feigning submission with my action, but the rebellion does not have to die if he will not settle with a new emperor of Kou instead.   Potential promises do not always have to be kept, but there is an opportunity with every choice that’s made when the wheels of fate spin.

“Lagi would then take a deep breath.” Take advantage of this time, and this wedding, completely leave me out of the loop of things and act as you must. My decision was made because I believed it to be the better choice, but nothing is set in stone.   These are the words I will utter to you.. that you must keep within your heart and pass along to Octavius. “Act as you will for the sake of Reim, as this nations heroes…..’” There was more silence as Lagi  finished writing the letter that summarized everything he just said to his father. “If he acts, support him and tell me nothing. However, thank you…. Dad…. I never really got a chance to thank you for anything. Thank you  for allowing me to be born…. And thank you  for standing by my side this entire time.  It made me happy….. to know that you was proud of me.”  Afterwards Lagi would hand the letter to his father to do him this last favor.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Roark listened to his son’s words, his face covered in worry about news of attacks. So it had begun. As Lagi continued to speak, Roark’s face went from worry, to shock, to a soft smile. He patted Lagi on the shoulder.

“You have made the choice you felt best for your people. I will inform Octavius right away. When this is all over… I will return. I will do all I can to make Octavius understand that you are trying to buy him time.”

At the mention of Lilly, Roark’s face turned to pure horror.

“They have unleashed that creature upon us? Is the Emperor mad? Of course he would do something so cruel. Very well, I will make sure everyone is on high alert for her. Her last visit to our country was not pleasant.”

He would take the letter before leaving, intending to deliver it to Octavius personally.

Ruki entered her quarters, discarding her clothing without a thought to the servants in the room before slipping into a comfortable kimono. Once she was more comfortably dressed, she grabbed a damp cloth and began wiping her face paint off as she nudged open the door to Yoshiro’s room with her hip. Her brother was scribbling notes at his desk, slamming the book closed when she entered, his face painted with a guilty look.

“Relax, brother. I have known about your plans for ages. They do not interfere with mine, yet, so I chose to say nothing. In fact, I have managed to do something to assist both of us in our quest for power. The little King has agreed to marry me, if you can somehow get Father off the throne. That little detail you can keep to yourself. Let Father know we have convinced Lagi to wed to end the rebellion and call Kaito home. That brother of ours will only make our plans more difficult.”

Yoshiro floundered like a fish, his mouth opening and closing in shock at Ruki’s announcement. Not only did she know he was hoping to overthrow their father, but she was helping? He did not trust it, but he would not waste the opportunity. He rose from his desk with a conflicted look.

“And you are fine marrying below your station for this plan?”

Ruki snorted and rolled her eyes as she wiped the rest of the kohl away.

“He is a king, brother. Not a very smart or cautious one, but that will make him easier to manipulate. Now, how do you intend to keep up your end of this?”

Yoshiro frowned, looking at his journal for a moment before looking back up.

“I have Wei Tenji’s support. But I need people capable of doing what I cannot, unseating Father. There are two magicians in this country, both with very good reason to want Father dead and gone. I am sure you remember Marquis Niraj?”

Ruki snickered, shaking her head.

“That poor kid Father was always encouraging us to torture? Sure, I remember him. He is here?”

Yoshiro nodded and tapped his journal in thought again.

“Yes, and he has made a very large name for himself with the Reim people. I am going to try and get word to meet with him. If I do, you have to play nice. He is not the helpless child being punished for his father’s traitorous ways any longer. Also, I have heard he is in close contact with Ariella Negri…”

Ruki laughed loudly at that news, her whole body shaking in amusement.

“Not that puppy dog that followed you around Magnostadt? Oh, this is priceless. Going to seduce her to our side, brother?”

Yoshiro shook his head, arching a brow at Ruki.

“No need. After last year’s invasion, she has ample reason to want Father gone. I am sure you remember the damage her father committed on the battlefield. If we can get her and the Marquis on side, dear daddy has no hope, if we give them the opening. But for now, I will consult with one of the mages to send Father word of your agreement with the King. I will also send a messenger to Kaito, to call off his assault. I need to speak with King Lagi himself, have him sign all of the official papers, of course. Unless you plan to occupy his time in other ways?”

Ruki smirked and shrugged.

“I invited him to a more intimate way of sealing our agreement, but if I read him correctly, he will be too cautious for that. Besides, maybe he has a shred of honor and won’t try to defile me until our wedding day. You could always leave the papers with me, just in case…”

Yoshiro shook his head, waving off the offer.

“I will approach him in the morning about the marriage contract. In the meantime, I need to get these messages sent out. If he does visit, try not to wear him out too much, sister. I need him capable of reading and writing.”

Ruki mumbled ‘No Promises’ before wandering back into her room to prepare for her evening rest. On the off chance that Lagi did stop by, she wanted to be sure she was prepared to entertain, but it would not require face paint or fancy clothes, just adequate lighting.

Yoshiro shut the door between their rooms again, preparing the necessary messages. He would have to find some way to contact Azix. Maybe he could convince Roark to let Wei Tenji run a message for him.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

After his father left, lagi would then proceed to visit  ruki in her quarters after bathing.  There was a short knock on her door before announcing his presence and entering “It’s Lagi, I’m coming in.” After walking inside of the room, Lagi would reveal his clothing to her.  There was a few slightness of droplets  on his body and in his hair, a sign that he had previously washed up before. He was also covered in an alluring scent that was usually used as the popular fragrance to entice a woman.  He was shirtless and only contained  his  tight  sultan pants.

Spoiler:

After a while, Lagi would look at her in a way that some girls would find that’s most appealing.  She didn’t know this side of the king, there is a chance that his constant experience has led him to learn a few tricks. On top of that fact, his body manipulation made it easy to accommodate and do things that Ruki probably hasn’t seen before. That also played into his strength, being a master manipulate and having access to Orie as well. It wasn’t much, but it was still some protection.” So how did it go?” There was  definitely a different air about him at this moment.

Spoiler:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ruki called to Lagi to enter, dressed only in a simple, silky kimono. Her face was free of her earlier face paint and she looked much more relaxed and open than before. Her hair was simply allowed to flow in a fiery river down her back. The room was dimly lit with candles. She was not surprised by the heated look he gave her, but she was too accustomed to such looks to be stirred by it. When he asked how it had went, she gave him a gentle smile, it was a mask, she wasn't sure she was capable of being soft or gentle with anyone at this point in her life, but she could still pretend.

“It went well. Yoshiro is off now, sending messages and attempting to reduce the amount of damage Kaito and Lilly are bound to cause. He was most pleased with your acceptance and desire to help us help each other. Know that he will do everything he can to stop Kaito’s slaughter, but in all likeliness, until Kaito has orders from out father to cease, well… he likes to kill, too much. But fear not, Yoshiro will stop him by force, if absolutely necessary. Lilly is an entirely different story, she is travelling with an odd man with more power than I have ever seen. But we shall try. Yoshiro will be speaking to you in the morning about the marriage contract.”

Her voice was soft and enticing, the words sounding sincere. She honestly could not care less about the lives of the people, but if it appeared like she was attempting to save them, the people were more likely to accept her as Queen. Her tone become slightly more serious, but it still dripped with promises of forbidden things.

“Now it is time for me to set some ground rules. I realize I invited you to my room, but there are… conditions, my King. You have free access to most of my talents and most of my body. But until we are wed, my virtue is to remain intact. It is a condition of the contract, my father will not have my ‘honor’ sullied before he knows you actually intend to carry forth with the wedding.”

She stood and approached him, drawing a finger down his damp chest, giving a dark smile of promised pleasure.

“That is not to say I will not prove my worth in other ways. Fear not, you will not be left wanting. But my virtue is to be saved for our wedding night. If you attempt to break this one and only rule, do not doubt that I will slit your throat in your sleep.”

The words carried a dangerous note, close to a threat. Ruki was many things, but she was no man’s whore and would not allow herself to be treated like one. If he wanted that true union, he would have to actually marry her. With the business out of the way, she would shrug out of her kimono to show him what he would be acquiring and lead him to the bed.

Yoshiro entered Ruki’s room before sunrise the next day, looking exhausted and haggard. He had not yet been to sleep, but the next day had already begun. Ruki was already up and sitting in front of her mirror, applying her face paint for the day. Yoshiro looked from her to the rumpled blankets on the bed where King Lagi was still sleeping peacefully and then glared at Ruki.

“Ruki,you know the terms, dammit. I need him functional and you need your virtue in place. That’s the deal.”

Ruki snorted at Yoshiro and shook her head.

“Calm down, brother. My virtue is still intact, I assure you. There is more than one way to have fun in the bedroom, which you would know if you ever took a girl back to yours. Relax.”

Yoshiro grumbled, moving over to Ruki’s bed and yanking the covers back while simultaneously throwing Lagi’s pants to him, his voice irritated but not angry.

“Rise and shine, King Lagi. You will be coming to my room to discuss the contract and then you will be leaving through my room. I will not have your servants gossiping about you leaving my sister’s room so early. If anyone asks, you came by to speak with me after a sleepless night. I care not what you do with her, but I will not risk her reputation or this contract because you can’t keep your pants on.”

After ensuring the King was awake, Yoshiro stalked back to his room to await Lagi’s arrival. It was probably not the most pleasant way to wake someone up, but the King had much more fun than Yoshiro had all night and he was in no mood to be patient or friendly. He had spent too many hours conversing with a Clairvoyance mage, passing messages between here and Kou, to inform their father that Lagi had accepted the marriage proposal and intended to call off the rebellion. He had then had to send a messenger to Kaito to call off the attacks and pray his brother listened. After all of that, he had to review the marriage contract to ensure everything was in place for Lagi’s signature, as well as Ruki’s.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

‘mmmmm…. Hm?” Orie fidgeted violently inside of Lagi, she was not too fond of the presence of the kou children. Lag tried to calm her done while doing the deep breathing exercise that he leaned from the yoga master. He would then proceed to put on the pants and did some stretches in order to fully wake himself up. “It’s morning already?” Lagi would say as he mumbled to himself and followed out of the room and behind Yoshino silently, he didn’t really say much of anything for a while until he entered Yoshino’s room. “I guess it’s about time that I finally see the contract, I wonder what it’s going to instate?

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Yoshiro arched a brow at the disheveled looking King and snorts, shaking his head and sliding over the contract, giving Lagi a summary of the agreement.

“It is fairly standard. This one is the one I will be presenting to my father. It simply states you will publicly denounce the rebellion and marry Ruki. There is also a stipulation that if you do not impregnate her within two years, the contract will be considered null and void as it would seem one of the two of your was infertile, meaning there would be no chance to create an heir. This document also officially states that, per succession of throne, if something were to happen to my Father, and myself, you would be the next in line for the throne, assuming I have no children by that time. Though the official heir would be Ruki, they tend to favor male rulers over female, so you would rule with her at your side. This contract will officially bind our country together as allies, as a result, father will withdraw troops once the Rebellion has ended. We will continue to have joint military ventures, with Kou shoulders being stationed here and Reim soldiers being stationed in Kou. This is to show the world we have a peaceful alliance.”

He glanced up as Ruki entered the room, leaning against the desk as she skimmed the document. He continued quietly.

“Once I sit on the throne, the terms of your marriage may be revisited, but we cannot draw anything up until that time. I will not have a paper trail of our plans. No hidden clauses or anything, I checked it thoroughly. Father is known to sneak things in, on occasion, but I have made sure that is not the case here. It is a very standard political marriage contract. You wed Ruki, publicly decry the rebellion, Father withdraws troops once it has calmed down and we have an alliance of military and trade.”

Ruki reached over Yoshiro to grab the quill, quickly signing her name to the contract. She did not care about the details, she trusted her brother. She then handed the quill to Lagi with a sultry look.

“There you have it, my great King. Sign the contract and save your country.”

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum