You are not connected. Please login or register

EXP Requirement for Omega Tier?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1EXP Requirement for Omega Tier? Empty EXP Requirement for Omega Tier? 16/01/15, 07:02 pm

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier

I know what you're going to think, "hey, he just wants to be Omega Tier without doing the work! Let's get him!"

Beaten

Well stop it. A thought struck me is all. I was thinking, do we really need an EXP requirement to reach Omega Tier, when even if we reach 10,000 EXP, we can't reach Omega without completing a very difficult plot oriented task? Why not just make that the requirement, and do away with the EXP requirement? I'm thinking of Garret mostly, who has been well over 10k exp for a while now, but is still stuck at A tier. If the plot requirement is so crucial, why have an EXP requirement at all? Thoughts?

Liber Aurelius

Liber Aurelius
β-Tier
β-Tier

Some of these plot requirements you speak of are fairly simple to perform in all honesty. Garret has simply been stuck because Kou's requirement is...let's say exceptionally more difficult than all the other countries. It requires that you participate in battle with the Emperor. Not something one gets a chance to do every day.

On the other hand, when you look at Reim's requirements all you really need to do is fight a bunch of Coliseum matches and then a boss fight of sorts.

Magnostadt is a single battle against two enemies with a limitation that you can only use magic.

In Heliohapt you don't even need to fight. It's simply a week lost in the desert(although staff might throw battles at the first person who tries it. That remains to be seen.)

My point is that while each of these feats are somewhat challenging on their own, overall they don't really require a whole lot of effort. At least not for the most part. Theoretically, without the exp limit some characters could become Omega-tier the same day they become A-tier. Especially since some of those requirements don't even require you to be A-tier to start working on them such as Reim's 5 arena fights.

What would be the point of A-tier in that case? It would be pretty trivialized if an IC task is all that stood between you and the next step.

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Kind of agreeing with both of you in different aspects. While I do think that there should be an IC task for obtaining omega tier along with the XP, I feel like it would be easier for certain characters to obtain omega tier than others. For one, as Liber pointed out, some countries have more...ambiguous tasks for omega tier than others (Reim being one of the most straight-forward and Kou being the most unattainable at the moment). Second, not all characters would be able to reach omega tier due to the nature of these tasks. A healing mage isn't going to be fighting in the coliseum, and wanderers are stuck until they manage to defeat another omega tier in battle. My point is, some of these omega tier tasks aren’t suited to some of our characters, and this effectively shuts them out of being able to reach omega without trying to finagle a workaround that could potentially clash with said character.

I don’t want to go proposing a system here or anything, but I think that omega rank would seem more attainable if either there were more than one way to reach omega rank per country. I also like the idea of having a character go through a quest of sorts (similar to an epic quest) to attain omega rank. This way, it’s more tailored to the character. Though, I am aware that this puts an extra work load on staff but I thought I’d see what you guys think.

Liber Aurelius

Liber Aurelius
β-Tier
β-Tier

Ayero wrote:Kind of agreeing with both of you in different aspects. While I do think that there should be an IC task for obtaining omega tier along with the XP, I feel like it would be easier for certain characters to obtain omega tier than others. For one, as Liber pointed out, some countries have more...ambiguous tasks for omega tier than others (Reim being one of the most straight-forward and Kou being the most unattainable at the moment). Second, not all characters would be able to reach omega tier due to the nature of these tasks. A healing mage isn't going to be fighting in the coliseum, and wanderers are stuck until they manage to defeat another omega tier in battle. My point is, some of these omega tier tasks aren’t suited to some of our characters, and this effectively shuts them out of being able to reach omega without trying to finagle a workaround that could potentially clash with said character.

I don’t want to go proposing a system here or anything, but I think that omega rank would seem more attainable if either there were more than one way to reach omega rank per country. I also like the idea of having a character go through a quest of sorts (similar to an epic quest) to attain omega rank. This way, it’s more tailored to the character. Though, I am aware that this puts an extra work load on staff but I thought I’d see what you guys think.

To start...Where is the page that it states a wanderer can beat an Omega-tier to rank up!? I've been searching for it but I can't find it anymore. But I thank you for bringing it up because I know now that I'm not crazy xD

Anyways, I'd agree with you that the requirements for reaching Omega-tier could use an upgrade. I think the "Defeat an Omega-Tier Opponent" thing should be universal across all nationalities.

I'd question whether or not a healer who had no other fighting capabilities would want to be Omega-tier or not as that kind of build doesn't scream "power hungry" but the concern of some requirements demanding actions that would be unfitting to a character is pretty legitimate. So perhaps having multiple different methods would be a better idea after all.

I do know that something on staff's back burner is an update to the country pages. Perhaps this discussion can revitalize that as well. But I think we may need to wait till these events that are starting slow down because staff is going to have their hands full for a while.

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

To start...Where is the page that it states a wanderer can beat an Omega-tier to rank up!? I've been searching for it but I can't find it anymore. But I thank you for bringing it up because I know now that I'm not crazy xD

After much searching, I finally found it on the rank systems page XD

Omega/Ω-Tier [Conqueror]:An Alpha-Tier who acquires at least 10,000 XP and has completed the requirements for their affiliated country. Wanderers cannot reach Ω-Tier unless if they defeat another Ω-Tier person in combat.

I'd question whether or not a healer who had no other fighting capabilities would want to be Omega-tier or not as that kind of build doesn't scream "power hungry" but the concern of some requirements demanding actions that would be unfitting to a character is pretty legitimate. So perhaps having multiple different methods would be a better idea after all.

Where does it say that omega tiered characters are supposed to be power hungry? From what I can tell, there aren't any forum guidelines as to what an omega tier candidate needs personality-wise. I understand that the majority of characters are down for combat, but I feel like we'd be shutting out someone who wanted to main as a largely non-combat character.

Since it's pretty obvious that I'm using one of my sides (Bianca) as an example, I could potentially want to take her to omega tier as omega tier life magic is the only way to get a resurrection spell, if I remember correctly. This is why I feel that custom omega-tier attainment would be useful. Why should Bianca get the short end of the stick because she doesn't enter combat often? I feel like limiting omega tier to those who display a certain set of characteristics/have certain goals would be constricting and unfair.

I do know that something on staff's back burner is an update to the country pages. Perhaps this discussion can revitalize that as well. But I think we may need to wait till these events that are starting slow down because staff is going to have their hands full for a while.

Yeah, I don't expect changes to be done tomorrow with all that's going on XD Staff as their hands full. If they'd like to revamp the omega tier attainment system, I'd be happy to help in any way.

Liber Aurelius

Liber Aurelius
β-Tier
β-Tier

I didn't realize that Omega-tier was the only way to get a rez spell. All I was thinking of was extreme magic and magoi boost as the bonuses/perks it offers. Things I figure are probably not a big deal to someone who is looking to rp more socially and without combat. But in light of that I see your character's plight.

Perhaps a solution to that is to offer a method of reaching Omega-tier through professions. What do you think of that as an alternative to open things up for the non combatants?

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

I like Ayero's idea of an Omega Tier quest designed for each character.

Though to do stuff like this and revamping nation pages it may be useful to recruit people whom are prepared to help.

For example im happy to rp a Rampaging Unicorn to kill people ;P

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Based on the input thus far, for Omega-tier, we will be reworking the requirements for some countries to make this task a bit more balanced between countries. For those with characters that are less combat oriented, Staff will work with them on other possible ways to achieve their Omega-tier status.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum