You are not connected. Please login or register

Activity Requirement Discussion

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Activity Requirement Discussion Empty Activity Requirement Discussion 20/12/14, 07:58 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

--------------

As a disclaimer, the purpose of this thread is let people bring their thoughts on the issue of activity check requirements to light. The goal is to allow people to find a middle ground to reach a positive and productive suggestion. If you disagree with another member, please let us know why so your concerns can be noted and add to the final product.

Talking poorly of members, insults, and flaming will not be tolerated. Keep it clean or else I'll be asking staff to lock the thread.

--------------

With that out of the way, lets get to the meat of the discussion. The following is the core heart of this thread and should be the basis of most replies.

• Question: Should Activity Requirements be higher?
    Currently, the only requirement for passing Activity Checks is to have posted a single post within the past month. Is this satisfactory? Should the standard be raised? Should it be lowered/abolished?

Personally, I see two answers to this question. These answers are presented from a design perspective with intent to incentivise activity while refraining from excluding people with less free time from the forum.

1st - The current activity standards are minimal and should reap the minimal amount of rewards. I believe they are just fine for members looking to try out the forum, but they don't really reflect a status of being "active". I believe meeting this standard should reward the player with a "Present" status rather than an "active" one. It shows that they are here and therefore there is no need to archive their character or take action against them for being too inactive. But there are also no rewards for only reaching this level of activity. No bonus huang for being active consecutively.

2nd - Set a slightly higher bar for members who are "Active" and are showing that they have really decided to join and be part of the forum. The example standard I'm giving here is 5 posts a month, but this number would be debateable. At this point, a member should get rewarded with the bonus currency during activity checks along with some other perks. Here are a few example perks. Allowed to hold multiple characters(characters would not add to the requirements asked of you.) The right to challenge a dungeon and be a King Vessel. The right to sell player possessions in the shop. The right to be considered for an Epic Quest OR get personalized plot support from staff.

The idea behind these two different standards is that we do not raise the bar to a point where members would have to leave the forum entirely because they failed to be active as we might like them to be. At the same time, we allow those who have shown more dedication to unlock certain features of the forum and set a public standard of activity before staff would like to see people meet before investing time into directly involving them into larger plot events.  This isn't to suggest "Present" players would be unable to join events or anything along those lines.

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Let's get some more input on this, guys!

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Well, I might as well. Sorry if this touches some fragile emotional points within everyone's feelings;

There are a total of 72 Djinn in the world of Magi. Out of those 72, 7 have been made into dungeons with 4-5 of them still being on relatively active members. Seems like a it would take a long time before anything quantity related would cause a problem, right?

As for Dark Djinn, there are either 72 or an infinite amount possible. Out of those 72/infinite, 4 have been created with 1 still active (Lagi wtf~). Again, I personally don't see a quantity problem arising anytime soon, if at all.

I realize I made the opposite argument about the Household Vessels over a month ago, but that's because I didn't really look at the big picture. There are too many Djinn out there for there to ever be a distribution problem, if infinite Dark Djinn is a "thing". And if not and only 72 Dark Djinn, sum it up with the original 72 Djinn and you have 144 Djinn each capable of being 100% unique (tbh, maybe not 100% since there are so many).

Anyway, my point is that we shouldn't take away someone's Djinn EVER because there are so many others to chose from and have fun with. Giving it to an NPC would be just as "wasteful" as letting an inactive member keep it, in my opinion at least. I haven't seen Asisiak use her Djinn nor learn how to (and for that matter, would she be forced to have the exact same abilities and/or Equips as the previous owner? This is more of a curious question than one that stays on topic XD).

Again, there are too many Djinn to chose from. Recycling them before we reach the end of all the possible Djinn seems a bit too early to me. When it looks like it will become a problem (like, 75% of the Djinn revealed) then we could recycle them...maybe.

Liber Aurelius

Liber Aurelius
β-Tier
β-Tier

Thanks for your feedback Zadi, but please try not to stray from the main topic. Taking Djinn away is part of the topic and your opinion on it is welcome. But Djinn taking is just a side effect of my suggested answer to the question being asked at the start of this thread.

Question: Should Activity Requirements be higher?
Currently, the only requirement for passing Activity Checks is to have posted a single post within the past month. Is this satisfactory? Should the standard be raised? Should it be lowered/abolished?

It's fine if you disagree with my solution. But please give us your thoughts on the core question of this thread. If possible, I'd also ask that you come up with an alternative answer other than my own, but even expressing your views on activity alone could assist in moving this discussion forward.

P.S. Since you brought up the question. The abilities an NPC has for their djinn would make the most sense if they were unique to the NPC and not just copies of the player that previously owned it. Personally, I think that would let them be more useful to staff.

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Woops, sorry about that...um...alright, I'll give my opinion on the main topic now;

What I posted earlier does touch a little on this question. If anyone were to miss an activity check, their character is to be archived. Everything that they acquired stays with them during the archive and inactivity EXCEPT for the Djinn (after some time passes). Taking away a Djinn doesn't feel in the spirit of the world of Magi unless the character dies. Therefore, based on my opinions and viewpoints, I don't see the point in increasing the required number of posts per Activity Check.

I feel that the Activity Check is more so about keeping tabs on who still wants to be here rather than who still deserves to be here. Know what I mean?

EDIT:
Friggin' missed some of the main topic again ~.~

Alright, letting more active members go into dungeons rather than 1 post a month members seems a little too regulatory to me. Dungeons, to me, are about having fun and exploring with a little reward at the end. If you have to worry about posting a certain number of times per month, then that takes the fun out of wanting to go into a dungeon. At least to me it would make entering a dungeon that much more of a chore rather than an adventure. Kind of tough to explain if you haven't gone into as many dungeons as I have XD

The dungeon ticket feels like enough of a regulation. In and of itself it COULD "force" a member to earn enough to into a dungeon (for the first time at least).

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Based on what's written here, the staff is agreeing to the following:

Activity checks will only require 1 post within the past 30 days to avoid being archived.
New activity checks will require 4 threads in the prior 30 days in order to obtain the reward and the consecutive activity bonus.

*You do not need to have 4 threads linked in the prior activity checks in order to receive the activity bonus, only in the concurrent activity check.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum