Freezing the Path(Job)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Freezing the Path(Job) Empty Freezing the Path(Job) 06/03/14, 12:31 am

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Spoiler:

The road from Zou to Magnostadt that led through the Jade mountains was home to a rather important trade route which Yakuroro was now following on his way back to Magnostadt. The blue mage had the money to use a portal or hire transportation and he also had spells to fly. Yet, the Imuchakk still humbly choose to walk the rest of the way believing that the journey would be worth more than the money or magoi spent shortening it. As he headed south east through the mountains the road eventually came to pass parallel to a river which had a school of fish jumping upstream. Yakuroro was so absorbed in watching the fish he almost didn't even noticed the wagon rushing down the road from the direction he was headed. "Bandits ahead!"[/color] The merchant on the horse-led wagon warned as his cart sped past.

"Hm?" Yakuroro turned to look after the wagon and saw several arrows sticking out of its back end. "Hmmm....looks like a chance to make some more money." Yakuroro calmly said aloud to himself before continuing onward down the road. It wasn't like Yaku had much to fear from simple road side bandits. His physical body was already stronger than most, but his magoi mastery was truly something to be feared as the would-be ambushers would soon find out.

~225/1000 Word Count~

2Freezing the Path(Job) Empty Re: Freezing the Path(Job) 06/03/14, 12:49 am

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

As Yakuroro turned around the bend of a nearby mountain, several arrows were loosed into the air only to land a few meters in front of him as a warning shot.  Yakuroro looked up to see that the bandits made use of the terrain here quite well. Four of the robbers were up on the cliff face with bows and arrows while two others who looked to be the leaders were down by the road hiding behind a pair of trees on either side. For now, Yakuroro could only see the four on the cliff and stopped to listen to their demands. "Hold it right there! Not another step forward! This highway is under the control of Duo Brothers! If you want to pass you need to pay the fee! Otherwise, scram!" The man who was talking gestured with his hands for his three comrades to loose another volley as extra warning.

The Imuchakk could see the arrows weren't even aimed at him so he stayed still as the fletching of the shots sung through the air. All three arrows landed around Yakuroro harmlessly as he smiled up at the men whom were trying to extort him. "Hey bro...I think this guy is a magician, look at that staff." one of the bandits whispered to their speaker. There was a bit of a back and forth between the two that ended with the underling bandit being bonked on the head. "Problems among the pack?" Yakuroro asked in a polite torn which angered the bandit leader even further, "Shut it! Don't you get the situation you're in!? Come on out boys!" The two bandits ground level that had been hiding finally stepped out baring daggers. Both looked like hardened fighters and were grinning with eyes that told Yaku they couldn't wait to try out their blades on a live person. "There are six of us and only one of you! You can't possibly hope to beat us all! Surrender anything you've got of worth and drop that damn staff!" As the bandit shouted at Yakuroro, the two men with daggers stepped closer and closer with each passing second.

~583/1000 Word Count~

3Freezing the Path(Job) Empty Re: Freezing the Path(Job) 06/03/14, 01:14 am

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

The wandering blue magician rubbed his chin as if to ponder the bandits demands like the were reasonable offer. "Hmm....I dunno, I kind of like my stuff. How about you guy let me pass and I'll tell you all a secret for living longer, okay?" Yaku shouted his reply back up to the bandit leader whom simply became even more enraged, "I guess you have a death wish after all. Kill him!" The bandit leader yelled before knocking his own arrow to join in the attack with his men. The volley of arrows would soar through the air with pinpoint accuracy, but the blue magician was ready for the assault and cast a spell to counter them. "Subborn current!" Water formed at the tip of Yaku's staff which he pointed at the incoming attacks. The weak arrows were easily batted away by the powerful current of water being released from Yaku's staff.

As his spell deflected the ranged attacks, the two men with daggers sought to make their move, however Yakuroro had already planned for their attacks as well. Instead of ceasing magoi to the spell, he sustained it and turned the attack's direction in mid air. The attackers were only two meters from being in distance to stab Yaku  when the current they thought had passed them looped back and crashed into them from the side. Yakuroro then turned the current yet again and used his flight spell to move towards the archers of the cliff driving the water current and their two washed up companions towards them as well. The archers panicked and tried to get off another two volleys, but Yakuroro was using the water current as a shield making the efforts in vain.

The current from Yaku's staff tossed the two dagger users into their allies on the cliff. With them all together like this he could put them all away in one shot.  As the bandit leader got to his feet after being knocked down by water and two of his own men, Yakuroro smiled politely at him and said some parting words prior to casting a spell. "You guys must not have been trying very hard. Thanks for letting me pass! In exchange I'll tell you the secret." Yakuroro held out his staff and began gathering a large amount of water over his head into a 15m sphere of liquid.

"If you're going to be bandits, don't try to steal from an Imuchakk OR a magician. Certainly never someone who's both. Deep Freeze!" With the spell name cast, Yakuroro sent the ball of water to swallow up all six bandits only to freeze solid from the core outwards. Yakuroro sighed and then used his flight spell to carry him down the road faster than walking could. The reason for his haste was that he wanted to find a Zou army outpost before the bandits thawed. Sure enough, there was one not too far away and when Yakuroro told the soldiers there of his capture he was asked to show them the way. Soon the bandits were in custody and Yakuroro was rewarded for his efforts.

~1105/1000 Word Count~
Spoiler:
70/150 Magoi

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum