Duquin
Lagi
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hello! It’s me, Lagi! There is a suggestion that I wanted to bring up after noticing that I’m about to peak very soon. Omega is the granddaddy of all levels, it's the max that we can achieve on the site. However, this would make experience useless in the future, due to the fact that we can't use that experience for anything else anymore when it comes to claiming rewards for missions. I was wondering if Omega Tier characters could have a huang increase and void the experience all together if that’s the case. I’m not asking for anything major,  I am only asking for a substitute for experience, since missions will now be done for half the rewards to reap since the experience tier rewards would be meaningless now.  A lot of the diligent and reoccurring members are starting to get up there, so I was thinking this was the best time to ask and discuss it.

I was hoping for a 5000 huang increase, it seems like a minimal reward for those who reached the end of the road. Take this suggestion into consideration if you can, or we can all sit here and discuss it together.  What do you think? Should site players that peaked to Omega receive a huang bonus for missions as substitute to not being able to make use of experience anymore? If not, what do you think would be appropriate in this case?

Last edited by King Lagi on 05/01/15, 05:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Jesus, spelling errors)

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

I understand your desire for a substitute to exp. I agree that it would be nice for there to be a replacement incentive. But I'm kind of iffy about just adding bonus huang in place of exp. I'm trying to think of some better reward but at the moment I'm coming up blank aside from one idea I'll mention last. If you can think of anything else you'd like to see as an alternative, please bring it up as there may be more than one option available to us.

Anyways, 5000 huang certainly sounds reasonable to me in certain context. But we have to keep in mind that there are numerous tiers of job rewards. 5k across the board for any job doesn't seem to really reflect an equal compensation for the experience you would have earned from a D-tier job VS an A-tier job.

If a huang bonus is adopted, it should probably be tiered so it can give a reward based on the effort put in.

Here is idea I mentioned:

It would be nice if instead of huang we could get some kind of "end game" points as it were. I hate to make the comparison to MMO's, but I can't think of any better analogies. But essentially the idea is that instead of exp you would earn some kind of "currency" and when you have enough of it you can earn plot rewards. The possible rewards would be in a special "Omega Tier Shop" that only the omega tier players and staff can view. This is a very rough idea, but I think something like this would hold more value than some huang.

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I agree with Omega-Tier bonuses in place of XP. I can get behind either an added Huang bonus (scaled to tier of job) or some end-game currency.

For an end game currency, I think the best way to do such a thing, would be using any xp over 10,000 huang. This might not be the best option, but just hear me out.

Azix has 12,000 xp. He wants to purchase the Prinny Dagger which costs 1,000 points. With 2,000 xp over 10k, Azix can purchase it. Staff calculates the remaining points and notates that number in the vault. Next to the remaining points they type in the character's xp at the time of purchase. A special line could be created on the character sheet of the vault that has "Omega Points". I think it's a simple enough system and all that would need to be determined by staff is Point to Item value.

Example:

Before Purchase -

Azix Niraj
Omega Points: 2,000 [12,000 xp]

After Purchase -

Azix Niraj
Omega Points: 1,000 [12,000 xp]

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

I'm going to have to disagree with the while concept of extra goodies or Huang for Omega tier members. It would be unfair to the lower level members in terms of purchasing-power. By the time someone hits Omega tier, they will most likely have quite a few items already, whether they be plot items or OOC purchases. If an Omega tier continues to have the drive to get more items then that sounds alright. However, if they get more Huang to buy items, then they either work less to get more items or work just as hard but get more purchasing-power over the lower tier members.

If the shop JUST for Omega were put into place, then there would be that "purchasing-power" gap again, but just a little more worse for lower tier members since they can't even see the items until they are purchased. Sure they could be non-combat items or just pets at a special lower price, but lower tier members would both get confused and frustrated seeing Omega suddenly getting this brand new item out of thin air. Even if the shop is visible, then there would still be some jealous frustration towards Omega tier members.

Again, my opinion isn't all that "valid" since I'm the oldest B-tier on this site, but it seems no matter what your status, people on this site value opinion (I like that btw; feels friendlier)~

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zadi wrote:I'm going to have to disagree with the while concept of extra goodies or Huang for Omega tier members. It would be unfair to the lower level members in terms of purchasing-power. By the time someone hits Omega tier, they will most likely have quite a few items already, whether they be plot items or OOC purchases. If an Omega tier continues to have the drive to get more items then that sounds alright. However, if they get more Huang to buy items, then they either work less to get more items or work just as hard but get more purchasing-power over the lower tier members.

If the shop JUST for Omega were put into place, then there would be that "purchasing-power" gap again, but just a little more worse for lower tier members since they can't even see the items until they are purchased. Sure they could be non-combat items or just pets at a special lower price, but lower tier members would both get confused and frustrated seeing Omega suddenly getting this brand new item out of thin air. Even if the shop is visible, then there would still be some jealous frustration towards Omega tier members.

Again, my opinion isn't all that "valid" since I'm the oldest B-tier on this site, but it seems no matter what your status, people on this site value opinion (I like that btw; feels friendlier)~

I was thinking less along the lines of items and more along the lines of plot stuff. Like...say I've reach omega tier and I gain access to the shop. Instead of buying items you would buy plot scenarios and goodies like titles. Some possible options might look like this:

Legendary Battle - Your character is approached with a grand threat to face allowing them to gain fame or infamy world wide as rumors spread of their victory. Become known as a great hero or a wicked villain. Details and staff availability negotiated upon purchase.

Royal Ally - Your character is granted an opportunity to gain the favor of a country leader NPC of their choice. Whether you honor or exploit this friendship is up to you. Details and staff availability negotiated upon purchase.

Master Of Profession - Your character gains renown throughout the lands as one of the best at what you do. Your peers can be counted on a single hand. Gain one profession perk for one of your professions.

Grand Title - Your character is bestowed a title of your choosing. This official title is granted IC and will be how you are introduced in formal settings. The title must make sense IC and be appropriate for a magi setting.

Custom Title - (Requires Grand Title Purchased) The forum graphics mod will make a custom title image for your Grand Title. Upon completion, it will be added to your profile and visible for all to see.

Basically, the idea would be to offer things that A. lower tiered players couldn't normally buy. B. to offer things that reward a character for being active in the world and for being dedicated enough to continue being active beyond the max tier.

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Oh! I like the idea of buying plot scenarios that lead to titles. Sounds like good "end game" material. Sorry if I missed that in what you or Azix or Lagi posted earlier.

So yeah, I'd definitely be willing to be "the graphics mod" that makes the custom titles if such a thing becomes a reality~

I like Azix's point system then. Would make it easier for staff to keep track of the "bonuses"

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

We could call them Solomon Coins; they can be used to purchase some Omega items or something. The specialized shop seems interesting and it’s something worth exploring. The only thing is that the contents of the Omega shop could “power creep” the majority of the normal shops,  it might provide somewhat of an in game imbalance  if we aren’t too careful with the designs of these items in general. At the same time, the power of thus said items should be appropriate to match the worth ethic we continue to put in even after hitting Omega *Cough, flying fortress with rukh cannon like the justice league tower, Cough*

Ok that was a joke XD….maybe… >.>

Anyway,  I agree with you Yakuroro on the tiered currency in order to match the amount of exp we would have earned. Maybe we could have D star off with a 5k huang bonus and tally each rank with an increase of 3 K added to it?

D rank- 5k bonus
C rank- 8K bonus
B rank- 11k bonus
And so on…… but this is just me tossing things in the hat.

As for Azix, playing with the experience could be very messy since we can’t subtract exp to reflect the amount. These calculations are susceptible to human error and not saying that someone will make a mistake, but mistakes happen.

Zadi- Jealous frustration? What are they jealous of? People who sticks with the site and worked hard?  As a matter of fact, this would be us sayng “hey, this pays off in the end.” If we made it to omega tier, this means we were active member who stuck it out in the long run and did the leg work in order to get there. I don’t understand, we deserve nothing? We can have 20,000 ep and it would be completely meaningless after omega tier.  While I respect your opinion and  I am glad you took the time to comment on this, I would have to disagree with you disagreeing that Omega Tiers don’t deserve anything. I was  actually hoping that you  would of provided an alternative instead of saying that.

I understand your fears about the economy; I also mentioned the power creeping of the items if the shop existed and simply out buying other members if we got the huang increase. Feel free to make the shop visible, but it would run on a separate currency available to Omega Tier because there is no point in the xp anymore.

Yak again- Jeez I didn’t even say anything yet, good ideas. Most of what you have up seem like plot incentive, I personally think that royal ally is game breaking but that’s just me. That could really affect world plots if used in a certain way, it might even plot clash depending on what you do with that alliance.

Once again, we are all tossing ideas in the hat. It's good to ponder this especially since were so close.

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier

thank god someone else brought this up.  i was thinking about this for a while, but i didn't want everyone to be like "Altair only wants to be OP!  Let's Get Him!"

*Battle sounds*

Beaten

Anyways.  I do like the idea of some kind of replacement for EXP after Omega Tier.  Whether this takes the form of extra Huang for jobs, or even a special point system for Those who've reached Omega, it doesn't matter to me as long as there is SOMETHING.  I kinda like Azix's idea of simply turning that extra exp into the points we would use to buy stuff.  

As for the special shop, i was thinking about the concerns that Zadi brought up, and i think i came to a solution.  instead of special items, what if we bought events?  Like, if Azix and i want to buy a dungeon event, we pool together our points, and buy it.  Or if we wanted to buy an Epic Quest, same deal.  This way there is no discrepancy between Omega and lower tiers about what items are available to people.

Edit: oh, Yakuroro's already on the ball about that. cool.

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

The "no extra Huang" is something I'll have to stick by, unfortunately. And the "jealous frustration" is something I've seen on other sites. Bonuses for reaching the top could create "power gaps" and create two "factions" on a site. One is Omega tiers and the other is everyone else. People start making snarky comments in the chatbox, create a passive-aggressive meme thread, and even try to deliberately kill another member's character in order to try and get closer to the higher side of the "power gap". So it basically gets very ugly and ruins a site. To be honest, if you haven't experienced "jealous frustration" on a forum, then you won't know what I'm talking about XD

Anyway, the reason for sticking with the "no extra Huang" thing is because it could create a power gap more so than "jealous frustration". As explain earlier, things get messy on a site when there is an obvious power gap between higher and lower ranked members. The extra Huang would help Omega tier get more items either with less effort or just get more items in general.

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I like Yaku's suggestion. The point is to encourage plot/character development from the PC after omega-tier, so allowing them to "purchase" plot perks is neat. While they seem powerful, staff is guiding them and staff does a good job of keeping things in check. Plus, who doesn't like actually affecting the world.

I agree with Zadi on the point that a power gap could occur in regards to items, but if it was balanced in some way, I could get behind items. I'd still prefer the plot idea, since it continues to encourage story development.

In regards to the point-system's complexity, I thought of a better way to manage it. Instead of calculating xp and stuff, just keep a record of how many points have been used.

Azix purchased two titles at 600 points a piece. At 1,200 total all you need is to subtract from the character's xp. ^^

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

I think a bonus on haung could swing the balance as Omega's then would only really need to bother with doing D tier's as they would get a rather large sum of haung.

I like the title idea maybe we could have advancement branches for characters etc that reach Omega tier allow say you to Branch into a specific branch or something.

We could say introduce Legendary Characters or allow founding of your own nation etc ?

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Vodarara wrote:I think a bonus on haung could swing the balance as Omega's then would only really need to bother with doing D tier's as they would get a rather large sum of haung.

I like the title idea maybe we could have advancement branches for characters etc that reach Omega tier allow say you to Branch into a specific branch or something.

We could say introduce Legendary Characters or allow founding of your own nation etc ?

What exactly do you mean by "Branches"? Could you give a deeper explanation of what that might look like? I don't really understand.

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ahh ok branches like sub branches of a specialization for example, so Dex could have peltast, Slinger, Archer, Hunter etc.

Strength, could have Brawler, Gladitor, Knight etc

so on and so on

Basicly like your perk suggestion the could give perks to a specific branch

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

That seems like such a waste of time, sub specializations shouldn't be categorized, it lowers the potential of our playing style if we have to play a certain way because of it. Besides, that kind of thing should be accessed to everyone in that case, not just omega. Right now we all have to decide on one thing, once we have the categories out and explored this as much as we could... maybe we should hold a poll?

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Vodarara wrote:Ahh ok branches like sub branches of a specialization for example, so Dex could have peltast, Slinger, Archer, Hunter etc.

Strength, could have Brawler, Gladitor, Knight etc

so on and so on

Basicly like your perk suggestion the could give perks to a specific branch

Like Lagi mentioned, if something like that were added then it should be available to everyone. Not just omega tier characters. I'd be against sub-specializations anyways, but that's a discussion for another topic unless many people agree that it should be a part of the exclusive to omega tier bonus. Can you think of anything that would not be based on gaining power in any way? Even just in terms of versatility. Omega-Tier players already can obtain enough power as it is.

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

From the sounds of sub-specialization, that sounds like the profession system essentially. Yeah you don't get combat perks, but you still get specialized perks based on your profession in an area of your choosing. I.E., Diego is a Ranger and incorporates both Dex and Dominance in his profession.

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Just as an FYI, Staff *is* watching this thread. It currently seems like the large majority are in agreement with plot related "purchases" for those beyond Omega Tier. Feel free to continue discussing the topic, we will still be watching it.

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier

I'd also be against the sub-categorizing of specialties. It really isn't something that should be implemented at a higher tier, mostly because it pushes a character into a specific fighting style, instead of enjoying the freedom that being unclassed allows.

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

So what plot related purchases would you guys suggest ?

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier

i think yakuroro had a good list going. And there were my two ideas. let's compile them.

Yakuroro wrote:Legendary Battle - Your character is approached with a grand threat to face allowing them to gain fame or infamy world wide as rumors spread of their victory. Become known as a great hero or a wicked villain. Details and staff availability negotiated upon purchase.

Royal Ally - Your character is granted an opportunity to gain the favor of a country leader NPC of their choice. Whether you honor or exploit this friendship is up to you. Details and staff availability negotiated upon purchase.

Master Of Profession - Your character gains renown throughout the lands as one of the best at what you do. Your peers can be counted on a single hand. Gain one profession perk for one of your professions.

Grand Title - Your character is bestowed a title of your choosing. This official title is granted IC and will be how you are introduced in formal settings. The title must make sense IC and be appropriate for a magi setting.

Custom Title - (Requires Grand Title Purchased) The forum graphics mod will make a custom title image for your Grand Title. Upon completion, it will be added to your profile and visible for all to see.

And then the option of having a dungeon be raised, or an epic quest. I think that's all we had so far.

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Based on the memberbase's feedback, we'll be doing the RP rewards. This will be a work in progress, which will be using some of the ideas from this thread and some of the ideas decided upon by staff.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

*Kisses all of his huang goodbye*'' Sad

Spiritos Aerolos

Spiritos Aerolos
β-Tier
β-Tier

I would have to agree even though the fact that Omega is the top tier and experience at that point is null and void, so huang bonus is smart your create a new tier

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum