Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Job Name:Opportunity: Gathering El Nagi Support
Job Rank: D-Tier
Job Location: Reim
Job Rewards: 50xp, 3,000 huang
Job Prerequisites:
Job Overview: Before Azix leaves for Imuchakk, he hopes to ensure the El Nagi clan's support with the Opportunity Initiative. Roark El Nagi expressed a desire to see the studies of Ethology and Zoology instituted with the Education reform. This should provide an opening to obtain that support.

Azix's preparations to leave were in motion, yet he couldn't help but notice a nagging feeling in the back of his mind that he was forgetting something. Giving up on packing, the orange magician took to pacing around his room as he tried to think of what it could be. Soon, he would be stopping in Kios and he hoped to catch Ariella before he left. Yakuroro had agreed to watch over the Opportunity Initiative and the papers had been filed giving him control.

Thoughts of the Opportunity Initiative reminded Azix of what he was forgetting, Roark. During the council meeting, Azix had garnered some support by the El Nagi leader by agreeing to incorporate Ethology and Zoology into the Education Reform. To be honest, Azix wasn't opposed to it either way, he just had not thought of the topic at the time. He was sure Artemis Callum, the director of the Education Reform, would have thought of those subjects in due time, but at least now Roark's suggestion would be implemented sooner.

Plus, Azix had taken steps to ensure a good footing with Roark, sending the El Nagi clan a few beasts that he imagined would be beneficial to the man's cause. Hopefully, that would be enough to get him in the El Nagi leader's good graces. What he hoped to obtain was training in Ethology, Zoology, and beast taming for the workers that showed promise in those fields. From what he had heard of the El Nagi clan, their expertise would be indispensable. While the man might feel reserved about sharing his clan secrets, if Roark hoped to expand the program that instituted animals into the workforce, then he may need extra hands.

After going over the conversation in his head with Roark, filling in possible responses from the man, based on what Azix had seen in the Council meeting, he felt ready. After gathering some proper cloths for a political meeting from his closet and changing, Azix made his way into the city towards the Palace. Along the way, he kept an eye out for his surroundings as he continued to guess Roark's reactions and come up with ways to sway him. Politics was something that Azix had much experience in, but it was a field that required quick thinking. When quick thinking wasn't necessary, preparation was to account for all the variables.

As he got closer to the palace, Azix noticed a familiar face in the crowd.

[411/500]

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

“Why?! Wasn’t I good enough?!” Lagi was causing much of a scene due to his frustration of losing. He was quite bandaged up, not really feeling up to it to use his Angelic brace to heal the majority of his injuries as of yet. Two of his women servants was trying to calm him down in order to send him to bed. “ My liege, you need your rest. You have not yet fully recovered.” Orie was also injured, so she was doing her own healing from inside Lagi. She first had to heal herself before she could heal her host; the damage sustained caused Orie to shrink dramatically as to where she isn’t much noticeable anymore. “Zygus….” Lagi couldn’t face his metallic bird; he was going through some things and felt like he didn’t deserve to be a dominance beast tamer. With his arguing with the women servants that was trying to look after his well-being, Lagi spotted Azix approaching the palace.

It’s not that he hated Azix or anything; Lagi was just pretty sensitive around the whole magician thing after drowning and getting electrocuted at the same time, then electrocuted again. If there was in a sense that indicated the fight was over, it was over a while ago. The truth was that Lagi felt embarrassed, he felt like people wouldn’t take him seriously anymore because of that loss. He had everything to lose and everything to gain. “Tch…” Lagi relaxed and allowed the servant girls to support him. He was usually nice to them, and it was apparent that he was upset. “ When Azix got closer, Lagi would address him casually, though is attitude towards Azix was fairly neutral. “ So what brings you here Azix? Are you here to see my old man? Or are you here to laugh?

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Azix arched a brow as he looked between the King and the two women with him. He was surprised to see Lagi in bandages and it took a moment for him to remember the King had been in a Coliseum bout with Yakuroro. While he had not seen the match, Azix had overheard gossip along the streets, but he didn't realize Lagi had been that injured. Even so, didn't the man have healers at his disposal? Surely, the ruler of a nation the size of Reim would have life magicians, so why was Lagi still injured, let alone out in public?

From observing the interactions between Lagi and his servants, Azix guessed that it probably had something to do with the man's pride. Thinking back to Yakuroro's reaction to Azix mentioning the Coliseum match, the orange magician wondered what exactly had gone on during the fight. Yaku had been unwilling to talk about the match and appeared to be uncomfortable to even think about it. It didn't look like he'd get any answers from Lagi either.

Within the recesses of his mind, Azix heard something rattling. He closed his eyes and sunk into his imagination. When he opened his eyes again, Azix found himself in a large library. This was a place he had built long ago, when a young Azix had been tormented by the cruelties of the Kou Court. With reality so vicious, the only retreat Azix had was his own mind. By practicing visualizing things in his mind, he created a retreat to get away.

This place was designed as a massive mansion atop a large hill and surrounded by beautiful gardens. The architecture was styled in traditional Kou manner, built with the finest materials, but inside it was filled with Heliohaptan decor. The gardens were filled with cherry-blossom trees and beautiful flowers found in Kou. Small lakes were spaced between each garden and filled with various exotic fish.

Some of the rooms had a purpose, such as the library. Filled with rows upon rows of books, it was where Azix stored most of his memories, as well as the knowledge he learned. The sections were kept separated and were generally organized, but he had been lax the past year or so. This was evident by a bunch of books strewn about in one corner, yet to be categorized or placed on the shelves.

The rattling noise came from the pile and Azix began searching through it to find the source. As he scooped some books out of the way, a book flew out and flew across the room before landing on the floor nearby. The cover flipped open and the pages sped by before stopping at a page. Azix picked the book up and looked at the page. A memory began playing out on the surface, showing Azix's fight with Altair in the Coliseum.

Snapping back to reality, Azix blinked and realized that Lagi was looking at him as if he expected an answer. With a nervous laugh, Azix rubbed the back of his head, "Ah, I apologize, I guess I was daydreaming."

Azix relaxed and looked to see tension in Lagi's face. He wasn't sure if the King was displeased with him or taking his frustration out on him. Something clicked in Azix's head and he thought he understood Yakuroro and Lagi's reactions. After the fight with Altair, Azix had been disgusted with himself, wondering why he had put his life on the line for something as trivial as money. During the fight, Altair's desire to win had pushed the man to his limits. Afterwards, while Altair's pride seemed somewhat hurt, it had also made him want to get stronger.

Judging by Lagi's reaction, he was still dealing with a wounded pride and had not yet gotten the desire to train. Normally Azix would let such a thing run its course, but the El Nagi was a King. He couldn't afford to either think he was weak or appear weak. Both could cripple a man and prove fatal.

Azix shook his head and when he looked back at Lagi, a warm smile stretched across his face. "Your grace, I was actually looking for your father. I had hoped to discuss the Opportunity Initiative with him. I don't know if you are aware, but I sent the El Nagi clan some beasts I thought could be of use. A token of goodwill to show I am willing to help the clan in hopes they can help me."

He waved his hand and gestured to the bandages around Lagi's body. "Enough of that, what happened to you? Assassins? Just say the word and I will try my best to find who is responsible." A serious look set on his face, a man eager to serve the King. In reality, it was a bit of a show to get Lagi to discuss the Coliseum match. He hoped Lagi would open up and reveal his thoughts on the matter. It would be easier to help the man regain his confidence if Azix knew what the man was thinking. Even though it was an act, Azix put his all into the performance, hoping Lagi didn't notice. If Lagi thought Azix was mocking him, well, it could be detrimental to the King's state of mind.

[884/2000]

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

“I know about the Manta and the Smashers, I already have a few plans set in motion in order to put the beasts in good use. I been thinking about getting some public transportation in place, the Manta seem pretty good to handle and I was wondering if your work force could play a part in this. If I put in the work and find appropriate animals that create new jobs or make current jobs more convenient, I would need more able bodies that’s able to handle the animals and that’s willing to learn about Dominance Beast training. For the sake of progression, handling animals might be the superior trade depending on what I have in store. I just have to catch them and….”

Lagi’s mind drifted for a moment when he realized the amount of work that he had to do. He didn’t talk about the wolf cubs though; Lagi had his own special plans for those little guys. “Anyway, my father put me in charge of finding use for them and finding even more of them while he takes care of council work, so it’s safe to say that I’m the person you need to talk to since I’m doing all the leg work. When Azix asked about Lagi’s injuries, Lagi simply shook his head with an irritated look on his face. “I just don’t want any magicians around me for a while. They insisted on healing me and even doing it at a distance if necessary, I dismissed them. I just don’t want them touching me in any kind of way right now, not even with their magic. I was judged about some black birds or whatever in my own coronation. Challenged me out in public in front of important people, saving face like that would have only showed doubt in my capabilities to win. I lost, and just like the tradition of the coliseum, what happens in the ring stays in the ring. But…the backlash…...my father...... “

Maybe there was a bit of trauma towards magicians because of that fight. Lagi was trying to get over it, but he still couldn’t forget that the citizens that were already skeptical or against him culd have been watching. Also with Kou, they could have been witnessing the events and figured that Lagi was a pushover. I'm not weak......I’ll be dammed if I let them…or anyone step all over my country….”

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Azix listened to Lagi provide an explanation of his plans and found they they were favorable for the Opportunity Initiative. Even better, Lagi had already thought of including the workers. Lagi's idea of utilizing the manta's size and flight for transportation mirrored Azix's thinking at the time he captured the beasts. Training the workers and beasts hand in hand was a great idea. Azix imagined that it would create a bond between man and beast, similar to how the bond with Garret and he had developed. Beyond the mantas, Lagi provided very little details on what he planned to do with the Smashers or the wolf cubs. Though, Lagi alluded to continuing to grow a relationship with the Opportunity Initiative by incorporating them on projects as they come up in the future.

OOC: [500+/500|Job]

Still, Azix knew Roark was in charge of the El Nagi clan and wasn't sure if Lagi had authority over his father even if he was King. This concern was soon alleviated when Lagi stated that Roark had put his son in charge of expanding the program by capturing beasts, training them and incorporating them into Reim's workforce. With Lagi's approval Azix had accomplished his goals, but there was still the matter of the King's mental state.

Azix smiled when Lagi finished his explanation, "That is splendid news! I'm glad I ran into you, because that is exactly what I wanted to ask. I formed a partnership between the Opportunity Initiative and a well-known horse breeder. The workers there have been training to handle animals. I was hoping to expand upon that so that people with a proficiency at handling animals could be trained further. For the workers to say they had been personally trained by the El Nagi, that would be impressive. It sounds like our goals align. Are you in agreement to partner with me? I just ask that you use what workers you can for any projects that come up and set up training workshops for them."

Azix rubbed his chin and frowned, "Unfortunately, I don't have time to draw up papers and sign anything. I'm leaving for Imuchakk soon. If you agree, would it be acceptable to have one of my staff draw them up in my place and send them to you?"

Lagi's response to Azix's probe was very informative to the orange magician, who watched the King carefully. Irritation was evident on Lagi's face and his body language suggested that the conversation should be kept short. Azix was mildly amused at Lagi's desire to avoid magicians, rather magic in general, yet he hid that behind a concerned expression. He accounted the desire to the fact that Yakuroro, a magician, had bested Lagi. That explained why the man was still in bandages, but it didn't explain why he was displaying that in public. If Azix were in Lagi's shoes, he would probably want to get out of the palace and away from people, feeling the weight of his crown on his shoulders.

Azix recognized that Lagi felt stung not only by being judged, but the defeat. The defeat meant a failure, a stain that people could attribute to his rule. Azix respected Lagi for standing up and fighting Yakuroro in a fair fight. The King had not used whatever dark power he had or else the gossip would have mentioned that. Lagi had went into that Coliseum not only defending himself from persecution but evidently defending his throne as well. Those opposed to Lagi's rule now had more fuel to the fire, but they failed to recognize that he was fighting for them. Azix saw a smoldering look settle in Lagi's eyes and the magician wondered if that was along the lines of what was going through the King's head.

With a deep breath, Azix realized what kind of weight Lagi carried around. To be King was a daunting task without public opinion and puppet strings dangling from a foreign country. The more Azix thought about it, he decided that he still agreed with his split-second decision to put Lagi on the throne. While the man stumbled, he had been thrust into a position he wasn't ready for. So far, his heart was in the right place, or at least it seemed like it. At the moment, the King was backed into a part self-imposed, part forced upon corner. If Azix ignored the man's troubled mind, then Lagi might lead Reim in a bad direction.

"Your grace, may I be blunt? I know you might not want a Kou man or magician's advice, but I don't know if you have anyone around that will tell it to you straight."

Azix would wait to see if Lagi agreed before he continued, "Black Rukh generally is a troublesome thing. You wouldn't know this, but for a time, I cursed my fate. It stained my Rukh black and I did some not so pleasant things. Growing up in Kou, among nobles, it was traumatic. Looking back, I couldn't let go of the little things and move forward with my life. So, I can say from experience that the power you have is a dark one. It is a power you must be careful with or it could sink its fangs into you."

He gave that a moment to sink in before sighing, "Yet, I don't think it makes you a bad person. I still did good while my Rukh was tainted. It is power in the end and what matters is how you use it. In your case, I believe you have been working to do good in the world. Some of the citizens may not recognize it and some of your actions, well rumors of your actions, may not imply it. I do recognize it."

Azix pointed at Lagi with a serious face, "Lagi...I hope you don't mind if I call you Lagi. Lagi, you were put on a throne that hangs over a dangerous precipice. Some of Reim's population has a lack of faith in you. Kou has claimed your land and it probably is only a matter of time before you are removed. Do you hate me for putting all of that on you? I could understand that if you did."

He shook his head and chuckled, "If I was still a bitter man, I would hate me. I would curse the name Niraj for trapping me under an unbearable weight. You shouldn't hate me though. I know it may seem that my actions were made without consideration and I stabbed an ally in the back, but they weren't. Do you want to know what I saw in the chamber that day? I saw a powerful warrior of Reim against a surprise attack fighting for his beliefs. I saw a chance to not only remove an Emperor oblivious to the needs of the people, but a chance to deter Kou's plans for invading Reim. I saw a chance to reduce the blood spilt. And I saw a chance to keep the throne in Reim's hands. Even if it was mostly in name, Kou is still a long ways from here. If Zhi had taken the throne...the troubles in Reim would be much worse."

"Lagi, I wanted you on that throne, because I believed you were the best man in that room to handle the situation. I saw a powerful man who would defend his country anyway he could. You did that at the treaty signing and at the Coronation ceremony. You even spilled blood in the Coliseum to do that. Yes, you lost. Yes, you are judged. You are a King, you will always be judged. But a King takes those concerns and alleviates them. You worry that you seem weak? Look at the bandages on your body and then look around. You are displaying your weakness for all to see. Anyone that has walked by sees not only a wounded man, but a wounded King."

While he finished speaking, he felt a warmth on his chest and his fingers found his God's Necklace. Pulling it out, Azix looked at Lagi and shook his head. With a bit of magoi fed into the magic tool, the orange magician tapped into a spell he had never used before. Magoi surrounded Lagi and bathed him in holy light, granting his a Blessing of the Gods. When the light faded, Lagi's wounds would be completely healed.

Azix gave Lagi a hard gaze, "For the good of Reim, I don't care if you hate me for my words or for healing you. I understand your desire to want to curse your fate, but did you ever stop to think that the obstacles in your path are there to make you a better person? If it wasn't for what we faced in the past, we wouldn't be strong enough to face the future."

His gaze softened, "You have a great many challenges ahead of you, your grace, but I believe you can handle them. Fate believes you can handle them because it gave them to you. Instead of spending the last few days wallowing in self-misery and cursing your fate, you could have used that fight as a lesson. That fight was not a defeat, but an opportunity to improve. Between the fight and the struggles ahead, that should encourage you to train harder. Encourage you to prove the good you do to the people."

[2000+/2000|Ability Trained]

Spoiler:

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

“Sure, have your people send it over and I’ll sign off on it. I don’t have a problem with that. “ Lagi would then sit down on a nearby bench with his lady servants each sitting beside him. They was very concerned about his well-being and grown to care for the young king after a while. Surprisingly, he was around their age. “ I’m hungry….” Lagi would say in a low tone but the servants picked up on it and proceeded to act on it immediately. Lagi has been throwing up for a while; he also caught an ammonia from being immersed in that cold water orb for a long period of time during the fight. On top of his injuries, he just wasn’t feeling like himself after that loss. He didn’t have a life threatening sickness; Lagi just wasn’t in the mood for anything. The Servants quickly departed to find Lagi something to eat while the other went to get a wheel chair.

Once they left, Azix decided to be straight up with Lagi on a few things. Suddenly, Lagi was healed from Azix out of the blue. He was shocked that Azix contained such an ability, he could heal as well?” …” Lagi moved his arm around and notice that Orie was feeling a little better as well. “Thanks….” Lagi would say simply, there wasn’t much he could say. He was thinking a lot about what Azix said for the time being. “Don’t worry, I’m no slouch. Once I get El Drago, things are going to change….. besides… you have somewhere to be don’t you?”

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Thankfully, Lagi didn't react harshly to Azix's words, instead the King seemed to be taking them to heart. All in all, it had been a good meeting. Both men had now formed a partnership to assist each other in their attempts to change improve Reim. Azix had also seemed to have helped a bit too. When Lagi mentioned Imuchakk nodded, "Yeah, I should finish packing. I wish you the best of luck. When I get back, we should catch up. I'd be willing to help you capture beasts."

With a polite bow, Azix dismissed himself and headed to Opportunity Hall. He told the secretary to handle writing up the formal documents and finalizing the agreement. Once he was done, Azix went to his house to finish getting ready for the trip.

[exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum