You are not connected. Please login or register

Detective Zadi! Episode 1 [Job/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job Details:

The events of the Ball and the, thankfully, uneventful Coliseum battle between Yakuroro and Lagi El Nagi lead Zadi towards a tavern located near the Coliseum. He wasn't a tavern type of guy in the least, but Zadi's mind was twisted from all the thinking about the Black Rukh and darkness they bring with them. It was all such a mess for Zadi's head right now, so going to a tavern was all that strange for the new Zadi. He needed to relax and a tavern might be a good place to do so without having to fall asleep. Sleeping, after all, brings with it the day's thoughts in a strangely mixed and jumbled up riddle known as a dream or even a nightmare.

Zadi entered the tavern in hopes of being unable to hear himself think, but he was sadly mistaken. It was one of those peaceful type of taverns with nice food and cool refreshments. Alcohol, yes, but not the kind that gets you drunk on the first sip. A rather disappointing tavern for the new Zadi, but it would have to do. At least he could try and drink his troubles away with some mild shots.

"Give me an almost continuous string of shots of your strongest scotch, please!"

"Troubled?"

"You know it!"

Zadi was handed a single shot glass from which he would keep drinking his troubles away. This wouldn't be his first drink, but it was definitely the strongest he's ever had. However, before he could down the first glass of scotch, Zadi overheard an interesting conversation going on in a booth about three seats over. Zadi continued with his shot and let the bar tender poor another round, but Zadi didn't drink the next shot. He listened closely to the two men talking about the events of the Demon-Man that Yakuroro had told Zadi about during the events of the Ball. For Zadi, this would be a good chance for Zadi to get more information such as location and maybe even a few other details. Zadi only expected to get info about the location. Zadi asked the bar tender to stop pouring anymore shots. Zadi paid, got up, walked over to the two men discussing things, and while still standing asked the two men;

"Mind letting me know more about the events of the man that transformed into a demon?"

The men looked angrily at Zadi. It was as if they didn't like strangers asking strange questions.

"Bug off chump."
"Yeah! Get going. Nothing for you to know about."

"How about this gentlemen. Let's play a game. If I win, you give me what I want and vice versa."

The two men looked at each other and then back at Zadi.

"Alright. We're in! What's the game?"
"Wait! What do you have that we want? How about that sword there?"

Zadi looked at his sword and then felt a surge of confidence in his detective abilities.

"Perfect! Alright, the game goes like this; either of you tells me something about yourselves and I guess if you are telling the truth or lying. Simple enough. More so in your favor than mine, uh?"

"Hehehe, sounds easy."
"Ha! Get that sword ready to give to us!"

The two men then got in closer to each other and started to whisper. Zadi made sure to cover his ears to so that his eavesdropping skills wouldn't let him cheat. All that Zadi would use is body language, context clues, and general appearance. After about a minute, the two men seemed to have come to a consensus and turned back to Zadi, ready to either tell a truth or lie.

"So then...the two of us are blood related."
"Yup! Blood relatives. Maybe we are brothers or just second cousins, hahaha!"

In technical terms, everybody in this world is blood related in some way. However, the two men didn't seem clever enough to come to that kind of conclusion, so Zadi just picked up on what the two men said. The first said the fact while the other backed it up. It was as if they wanted to solidify the fact into Zadi's head in order to mess with him. Are they blood related or not? By the looks of things, they work at the same job and even look to be the same age. What are the chances either which way? 50/50 to be exact. However, the fact that the second tried to hammer in the information was good enough for Zadi to guess;

"No, you aren't. Best friends and coworkers, sure, but not blood related."

"Eh..."
"Screw you!"

"Now, I'd like to have the location of the events of the man that transformed into a demon and some money for the travels there. 3,000 Huang sounds about right."

The two men grunted and told Zadi that the Demon-Man event happened in the capitol of Heliohapt. The information was good enough for Zadi so he took the money and left for Heliphapt.

500+/500 words

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum