You are not connected. Please login or register

No Crime Goes Upunished [Job/solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

The Purse Snatcher:

The bazaar was burgeoning with vigor, as it did every day. Minerva had become accustomed to the cacophony of the marketplace. She'd been spending more and more time in Biblos' shop, plowing through whatever books she could, and occasionally spending some of her extra huang on the occasional tome of spells that came into his possession.

Today her attention was rapt in a tome retelling the ancient adventures of kings of old and their glorious deeds. She looked up from her reading to take a sip of the green tea that Biblos had prepared for her earlier. She had gotten so distracted by the lyrical prose on the pages that the botanical amber was lukewarm in her hands.

She took a sip anyway, then quickly slugged back the entire cup with a quick shake of her head. Lukewarm was never the optimal temperature. Minerva fiercely believed that tea should either be ice cold or fresh off the boil. Either way, it still had a pleasant flavor. Her mind began to gently stray into the street as she set the cup down. She kicked her staff off the wall, taking a hold of it as she stepped into the street.

Had she not stepped out at that exact moment, she would never have witnessed the petty crime occur before her. The kou woman, whom Minerva would place in her early twenties, let loose a shout, pointing at a man who immediately disappeared down an alley. Minerva pushed herself off the cobblestone path with her staff, launching herself into a sprint after the man, her breath coming in ragged pants.

Clearly this thief had stolen things in broad daylight before. She was loosing ground, and needed a solution to the problem fast. Her eye's frantically raced around the alley in between buildings, her eyes suddenly lighting up as she remembered a recent practice. She wasn't sure it would work, but it was the only chance she had of preventing the thief from escaping.

The amethyst jewel atop her staff crackled with energy as she swung, a sudden bolt of electricity arcing towardsthe theif's leg 10 meters off. The Chain Strike immediately coursed foreward, high electrical chirp of her ruhk filling the air as the lightning coursed into the thief's leg, the blue shock causing his muscles to spasm.

His hand dropped the woman's purse as his leg gave way beneath him. She scooped up the purse, her staff crackling with rukh as she aimed it his direction, backing away slowly. She saw the thief, an adolescent boy, scramble up and flee as she neared the end of the alley.

She turned, striding back through the market, the Kou woman's purse in hand. She found the woman in the same location she had been, but at this point talking to a guard. She waited patiently for the woman to finish. The guards seemed only to take not of the incident, a shame, in Minerva's eyes. Petty crimes could easily be solved with an adequate patrol route, but this wasn't under her jurisdiction. Instead, she approaches the woman, holding her purse out.

"Ma'am, I believe this belongs to you." She smiles gently as the woman's face immediately lights up with gratitude. "Thank you so much, darling! Here,"  The woman begins to dig through her purse, pulling out a lump of huang, "Consider this my gratitude for doing the right thing."

"Absolutely not, Miss. I did the right thing because it was the right thing to do, not for a reward."

"Which is precisely why I will insist you take this. I will not be taking no for an answer."  The Kou woman presses the sum into Minerva's hand, flashing a smile. "Thank you."

Spells and Stats:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum