You are not connected. Please login or register

Redeeming Qualities[Social/Azix]

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Liber Aurelius

Liber Aurelius
β-Tier
β-Tier

Through his various investigations throughout Reim, Liber's digging had eventually uncovered an interesting tidbit of information. Apparently, the new work force initiative that was the result of the first Council meetings had a man from Kou running the show. The young fanalis man didn't know what to think about this at first. He'd seen the various apprenticeships going on all around the city and nothing seemed out of place, but he had suspicions about Kou's true motives behind the system. Not realizing that it had been the interests of one man and not the country he was from, Liber was initially convinced that the entire work force was part of some hidden agenda.

Eager to uncover the truth of the matter, Liber made his way to Opportunity Hall, the supposed headquarters of the entire work force movement. The building was both impressive and yet modest on the outside, but Liber's interest was on what went on inside the walls. After spending a day scoping out the join from outside and nearby rooftops, the stealthy assassin found little in the way of suspicious activity.

With his initial scouting of the establishment complete, Liber retired for the evening and decided to check out the inside the next day. Having learned the building's opening hours from a nearby civilian Liber had seen leaving the premises, the fanalis woke up bright and early so he could be among the first few of the public to enter. With breakfast in his belly and a clean bathing complete, Liber donned his toga-like attire leaving a single nipple exposed to the world before setting out for Opportunity Hall. His weapons hidden on his person inconspicuously, Liber entered the building and looked around inside, curious to see what he found.

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Upon entering the building, Liber would be greeted by a young woman with a warm smile, who sat behind a desk nearby. Off to the side, Azix stood with a few men discussing the type of jobs that were currently available. Noticing the Fanalis, Azix turned to greet him before recognition flooded his features. Azix remembered paying Liber to handle the serial killer in the slums previously. Liber and Tahl had both been skilled fighters and taken him out almost effortlessly. He waved and held up a finger to show that he would be a minute. After answering their questions, Azix politely excused themselves and came up to Liber.

"Hello again, how have you been?" He gave Liber a friendly smile and offered a hand-shake. "You looking for work?"

Liber Aurelius

Liber Aurelius
β-Tier
β-Tier

The interior of the hall led Liber into a room where a woman behind a desk close to the entrance greeted him. Flashing a friendly smile, Liber casually made his way to the desk preparing to ask a few general questions about the establishment and what its goals were as well as how to join. But before he began his social interrogation of the female, Liber looked to the side as the corner of his eye caught something his subconscious mind deemed important. Maroon eyes would fall upon a familiar form. Xenos, the man who payed good money to rid the streets of a terrible monster was standing there speaking with others unfamiliar to Liber.

The assassin quickly noticed that the wealthy man had recognized Liber as well and gestured for him to wait. Glancing back to the receptionist, Liber rose an eye brow in Azix's direction and asked softly, "Who is that man?" Her response made it seem like she was surprised Liber didn't know. "That is Marquis Niraj, the man in charge here at Opportunity Hall." This was surprising news. Liber thought the man's name was Xenos and his memory of this monicker was clear. Realizing one of those names was fake, Liber took a few steps back from the desk so he would not be in the way of business after nodding a thank you to the young woman. He waited patiently for Azix to finish his discussion and make his way over.

Liber's eyes gave a quick scan of the man up and down before smiling back and meeting the handshake fluidly with one of his own as though there was no need to offer. However, Liber would reach past the man's hand and clasp his forearm instead in a firm assuring girp. "I am well. It is good to see you again, Xenos." Liber's smile remained, but behind his eyes there was a playful excitement as the fanalis tested how comfortable the marquis was with that name said aloud in public. "Actually, I am working. A client has asked me to see what opportunity hall is all about. They aren't sure if they should send their son here or not." The assassin's cover was improvised but spoken with elusive confidence as Liber's bright maroon eyes maintained contact with Azix's own.

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Azix was momentarily taken aback as Liber's hand passed his own to clasp his forearm. He reciprocated while applying the same amount of pressure as the Fanalis, as was customary to address an equal. If he had wanted wanted to express superiority he would have applied more pressure, but that was a challenging gesture and Azix did not enjoy such games. With the mention of his self-imposed codename, Azix paused momentarily wondering why Liber had used it. A heartbeat passed and Azix remembered that he had introduced himself to the Fanalis as such. A flicker of unease would show as the thoughts passed, but they would only be noticeable to Liber as the man was studying Azix closely.

Still smiling, Azix chuckled, "Please, call me Azix. I apologize for introducing myself wrongly before." He brushed off the name with an embarrassed look. "At the time I was planning to fight in the Coliseum and was thinking of something to go by. With my position in Kou, I didn't want to draw undue attention to myself." It was mostly true, but Azix was concealing the fact that he had used the name for hiding his identity before that. Since then, Azix had become more open about who he was with becoming a public figure representing his initiatives.

Liber mentioned that he was interested in learning about Opportunity Hall for a prospective applicant. Azix nodded, "Well, I'd be happy to discuss it with you. Would you mind joining me for lunch and we can discuss it there?" If Liber agreed, Azix would lead him to a tavern a block down.

Upon entering the establishment, the bar-keeper greeted them. "Good morning, Azix." He bobbed his head towards Liber, "Morning, sir. What can I get for you?"

Azix greeted the bar-keeper back and ordered an omelet with tea. He wasn't fond of alcohol and normally didn't frequent tavern's but the owner was the receptionist's uncle. The food was quite good too. Azix offered to pay for Liber before picking out a table to sit at.

While they waited for food, Azix began explaining about the workforce program. "Opportunity Hall is the headquarters for a workforce program I proposed to the Council. After seeing the stigma that the poor suffered and the conditions of the slums, I felt like I should do something. I didn't think it was right. I think you know what I mean, that serial killer plagued the streets for a while and the guards didn't put in the effort you two did." Azix shook his head at the inequality.

He took a sip of tea before folding his hands together and resting his chin on his knuckles. "Anyway, I devised a plan where people could receive apprenticeships in various industries to find the perfect job for them. They even get paid during it, the only condition is they have to stick with it and contribute to Reim for a period of time after they are trained. I felt with adequate training and after people saw how hard these people can work, it would help with the stigma as well as their self-confidence."

Azix chuckled, "I ended up having to put most of my wealth into a fund before the King and the Council agreed to supporting the idea. Not that it bothers me, I finally am doing some good around here. The hardest part is finding partners that will help with training. Politics," he said the word as he swirled his cup, before finishing off the rest. He set the cup down and looked up at Liber. "So far I secured a deal with a stable south of Remano and a construction company. Thankfully, I heard that with how well the workers have been learning they secured some contracts to build in Portsmouth. That will be a lot of experience and jobs, which makes things easier."

Azix noticed he was rambling, it was weird that he was so open with the Fanlis. They barely knew each other, yet he felt it was easy to get some of the worry off his chest. Azix made a note to take better care of being so talkative. "Ah, I apologize for rambling. I'm sure you have other questions."

Just then, the bar-keeper arrived with a fresh pot of tea for Azix and their food. He set it down with a smile before excusing himself, not wanting to interrupt the conversation.

Liber Aurelius

Liber Aurelius
β-Tier
β-Tier

The discomfort on Azix's visage did not escape Liber, but the fanalis kept his pleasure at having nudged the Kouen man slightly off balance hidden behind a jovial grin. There was no need to pressure him any further though and after waving off the Marquis' apologies Liber would exchange pleasantries and politely agree to accompany the man to a meal. When they arrived, Liber ordered a light meal that was more of a snack really. Assorted fruits and a small cup of wine. He'd recently eaten breakfast so it was a bit too soon for a full lunch. When both men were settled, Liber listened to what Azix had to say with interest. There was much the fanalis tried to read between the lines throughout the explanation. A distaste for inequality, a sense of compassion for the poor, a firm work ethic that demanded progress through personal action, and perhaps even subtle regret towards having done less-than-good around Reim until now.

Taking his observations with a grain of salt, Liber knew that the gleaning was mere intuition and conjecture. But he was also confident in his reading of the man. It was an interesting mix that was uncommon among men. As though Azix were walking a line between who he IS and who he WAS and yet somewhat sure of the "himself" that existed in between. Sipping at his wine, Liber leaned back in his seat when asked of his own question. As he visibly savoured the flavor, Liber silently mulled over his options on where to take the discussion now that the ball was in his court. His lips softened as though the flavor of the wine had reached its euphoric pleasurable peak and then curled back into a smile once more as he sat his cup down and spoke.

"No need to apologize, you answered much and since my job today is gathering knowledge that means you've already been most helpful." Liber gave pause and held eye contact with Azix again, "I guess it boils down to three more questions. Two for the sake of my employer. One to sate my own personal curiosity." Liber would then use his fingers to indicate which of the questions he was on.

Extending a lone index finger, Liber began. "What kind of pay is offered during training and what kind of job placement can be expected? The client's son has a wife who will soon be with child and can't afford to miss out on his child's early life by moving away from home. If the money can't support his family or he can't be a part of it then it would be a very tough decision to make."

Moving on to the next question, Liber's middle finger stood alongside the first finger and the assassin continued. "You mentioned making contacts, but how invested do you really have the rest of Reim's industries? I'd like to have a better grasp of what all my employer's son's options will be should he decide to tackle your program. Could he pursue culinary practices? Scribing in a library? What about positions of governance or management? As I understand it, he is a frail boy who is physically clumsy. Labor of the body or skill with dexterous hands may not suit him well."

Finally, Liber's thumb sprung out to make the third digit. "As for my own question. I'd like to know what else you think could be done to help do good around Reim? Consider the question hypothetical and assume unlimited time and resources. I'm curious to know if you've given that any real thought." The reason given for this last question was honest. But Liber had deeper reasons behind that curiosity. Was Azix a man with ambition for a better future? Or was he a skilled con-man maintaining outward appearances for the sake of politics?

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Azix ate his food while he listened to Liber go over his questions. It appeared that Liber's intent behind the questions was more than just the workforce. While outwardly the Fanalis was friendly, Azix felt the man was searching for something deeper, his eyes studied the magician a little too carefully. Filing the observation away, Azix finished his omelet and leaned back. The man's questions were innocent enough and there was no harm in sating Liber's curiosity for now.

He pushed his plate to the side and rubbed his belly. "That was delicious. As for the pay, it's enough to pay the bills and feed a family. Even though these people are still in-training, I believe that they shouldn't starve or go without necessities. Sticking close by shouldn't be a problem, I have a deal for transporting the workers. If your client needs time off for their child, that shouldn't be a problem either. I do however expect that they do perform their best, I don't believe in paying someone to be lazy."

After a sip of tea, Azix moved on to the second question. "As I mentioned before, at this moment the only training programs are for the stables and construction. If your client isn't suited for either of those, I would be willing to train them to work in the office. They could always use help coordinating schedules and other things. For the future though, ideally I would like to fill all those industries and some. The other industries of Remano are still leery of contracting with the Opportunity initiative but with the good reports of the workers, I think some are close to changing their mind. Changing people's perspectives on these individuals is a slow process. I am actively engaging other industries, I can promise you that. I also have talked with the El Nagi clan about having people trained to help with training beasts."

Liber's last question was the hardest to answer though and it seemed the one that his investigation hinged on. Azix guessed that the Fanalis was trying to gauge his character. He took a few moments to form his answer. "Unlimited time and resources. That would solve many issues right there. With those I suppose I could expand the social programs further. I'm not sure if you have heard, but along with the workforce program I also put through a reform to education. Free education to all of Reim's citizens with a similar program of training the students in all facets of industry.

My dream is that everyone in Reim will be trained in every field able to compensate if there is an emergency, while receiving the best education, and being able to live a peaceful life. I also would like every citizen to know how to defend themselves, which has been started in that education reform. Hopefully, that will prevent some of the tragedies that happen because a person doesn't know how to fight. Maybe with everyone knowing how to fight, that will prevent violence in the future. So between being armed with knowledge and power, the only thing that is left is building a society that promotes positivity and well-being.

I think with those two programs alone, given some time, they would help work towards that society. That does still leave the elderly and those born with a disability who might not be able to work. They would need the assistance of others with the guarantee of safety, which I don't think would be a problem. Besides those things, I think focusing resources on scientific innovation in combination with magic could help make things better. Roark El Nagi was looking into introducing trained beasts in various industries to help quality of life. I think that could prove a worthwhile endeavor."

Azix leaned back in his seat, "The other thing that could be done is to remove the caste system currently in place. Inequality breeds greed and envy, which is not conducive to a society aiming for peace and well-being. Why should blood dictate where your rank in life is? I can understand the need for leaders, most people don't care to handle the responsibility of managing a country, but they shouldn't be above another. People are born as individuals, each with talents that others may lack, but that does not make them more superior. Of course, I fear that trying to change that would be a bloody course. For now, I think raising the standards of living is less likely to lead to violence."

Azix leaned forward and poured another cup of tea. His speech had brought up a memory of Zhi and he wondered if he sounded as delusional as the bastard son of the Kou Emperor. Azix's path up till this point had been bloody with dark moments, but he felt like he had grown along the way. No longer did he curse his fate, instead he looked to the future eagerly. Unlike Zhi, Azix was working to better the world than reaching for a throne, but was that where they differed? Zhi too wanted to create a better world and Azix had callously hung him out to dry.

What would Liber do if he knew that Azix was the one who killed the Emperor and set it up so Lagi would take the throne? While Azix felt some turmoil about the decision, he still believed Lagi was better than having Zhi in control of Reim. Pushing those thoughts aside, Azix glanced at Liber and brought the cup to his lips, "I have a question for you. I don't think these questions are just for your client, it seems you have an ulterior motive. Does my nationality make you question my motives? I can't fault you for that if that's the case, Kou does have a reputation."

Liber Aurelius

Liber Aurelius
β-Tier
β-Tier

Azix's responses seemed to satisfy the fanalis well enough. They told the young man that this leader of Opportunity Hall was honest about the downfalls of his program and modest in its capabilities. This openness made suspicion of hidden threats obscured by the public appearance of a workforce dull. With no leads on dirty business, Liber had to accept that the training workforce was legitimate as Azix's feelings on the matter seemed to be. Liber also learned from the magician's reply that Azix held somewhat utopian ideals for Reim's future were it up to him. Such grand designs for an equal and prosperous country seemed somewhat unobtainable to the fanalis whom had traveled far and wide and seen many countries. Balbadd was perhaps the closest to what Azix would dream towards, but even then there was a stark difference between the rich and the poor.

Liber sipped his wine again as he listened on to hear Azix's own question. The assassin's eyes narrow slightly for a brief second, but his smile never fades. Liber should have seen this coming. Azix didn't hesitate when answering his question which meant he HAD given the subject thought. This implied that he was a smart individual and smart people could tell when they were being probed. Liber spread one of his palms relinquishing that he'd been found up before slipping into a lucid lie that confirmed Azix's suspicions without giving too much truth away. Classing misdirection and use of lies that are half truths.

"When a stranger offers you a hefty reward for killing a killer, I've found that it's in my best interest to try and weigh the measure of his worth. I didn't expect to bump into you here today, but after getting the reward money...I promised myself that I'd try to get a better grasp of your character whenever next we met." In truth, Liber still harbored suspicions that Azix had his hands involved in less acceptable business. But for now he was glad to simply find some understanding of the enigmatic man. "I'd be lying if I said that your Kou nationality didn't make me cautious. But so long as you aren't the man who ordered and executed the conquering of Reim, I have no direct grudge against you. Unfortunately, no one talks to me about what happened during the invasion. Perhaps I'll never know who to direct my anger towards save for Kou's emperor himself..."

The serious tone in Liber's voice as he turned the subject to a heavier topic showed a bit of his resentment towards the usurpation. This was mostly due to the words he'd heard from the lips of Octavius Flavius and knowledge of the slaughter of the fanalis corps which had made the act of conquest that much easier. "Regardless, you seem to be a man of ideals and great hope for a brighter tomorrow. I find it hard to believe that you have very much blood on your hands. If I asked, I'm sure you have some other humanitarian effort on the horizon, don't you?"

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Liber's response seemed genuine, but Azix was no stranger to half-truths. He did not push it though since Liber had let his earlier half-truth slide. The Fanalis had also answered his question so he thought it was a fair trade of information, plus the company was nice. He instead nodded and listened to the Fanalis finish. It was not a surprise to learn that Liber was curious to learn what had happened that fateful day, but he did not want to give the man any clues. Since the education reform and workforce initiative had gained momentum, Azix was looked at fondly by most in the slums. He was giving them an opportunity to rise up and be someone other than a stereotype. Azix believe in these people and was worried that if the truth came to light, then the progress he had made would be undone.

Azix offered his opinion on the matter instead, "I can assure you I was not the one to give the order to takeover Reim. I am not the biggest fan of the people in charge of my home country, but not everyone there is bad. Kou being in charge is worrisome and even I worry about their intentions, but I think it has been for the better so far. There were horrible deaths and if I could, I would like to deal with those behind them, but progress is being made. King Lagi is young and without formal training, but I think he may make a good King one day. I only hope that he has a support system in place to help him grow into that role easier. His intentions are good, but power has a way of corrupting people."

Liber asked about Azix's plans for the future and he smiled. "Actually, I do. I secured a deal with Chief Asisak of the Imuchakk to take in some of these workers for training. I have quite a few who are excited to visit the country, even if it is cold up there. Alas, it leaves me in a bad spot. I would like to go with them to oversee the transition and make sure they mind their manners, clear up any misunderstandings of such a different culture. The problem is, being away from Reim would cause a stagnation in expanding the workforce program. I haven't found anyone I could trust to handle overseeing Reim's program for now, but I'm sure I will."

Azix chuckled, "I do have hope for a brighter tomorrow, but I recognize it is a long process. A perfect society probably won't be obtained in my lifetime, but I hope to inspire others that change is possible. A few months ago children in the slums were not in school, but now they are. Of course, they deal with some social stigmas, hopefully that will pass in time."

Liber Aurelius

Liber Aurelius
β-Tier
β-Tier

Azix surprised Liber thrice over with his next string of words. The first way in which he'd thrown the fanalis a bit off balance was the statement that revealed Azix was also uneasy about Kou holding a position of power over Reim. The claim did not seem to be a false one despite Azix's national affiliation. Did he also see the looming international war that could result should Kou establish a strong military presence here? Beyond this, Azix shocked Liber with his endorsement of King Lagi. Perhaps Azix has seen things from you 20 year old king that Liber had not, but from what the fanalis knew, Lagi was a corrupt ruler willing to put down his own citizens with force when the disagreed with him. This much was evident by how he handled the first uprising against his crown. The brutality of the resulting slaughter had made many timid about trying another revolution with such small numbers again. Last of all, Azix didn't even so much as blink in response to the assassin's comment about not having blood on his hands. Liber was half expecting some glint of guilt to bleed through Azix's expression but no such indication of a heavy conscience showed itself.

"Hmm..." Liber hummed to himself as he mulled over the rest of Azix's words. "You mentioned a need for someone to oversee the work force program in your absence...I may know of someone rather qualified for the job. A powerful magician with money and a mind set towards helping Reim's future. If you'd like, I could set up a meeting so you can see this man face to face. You might know him as the Imuchakk who bested the King in the coliseum recently."

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

A genuine look of shock settled over Azix's face as he listened to Liber's offer. While it would be great to have someone oversee Opportunity while he went to Imuchakk, he was hardly sure of how far he could trust the Fanalis. Furthermore, the magician Liber mentioned, Yakuroro had accompanied a suspect to King Lagi's coronation ceremony. The same ceremony where at least two murders, one disappearance, and a fire had occurred. A diplomat from Balbadd had been given a wine laced with nuts, an ingredient that he was allergic to by a pretty Kou woman. A Lady Soushui had brought a Yakuroro of Imuchakk as her guest, according to the soldiers who had checked them in.

Azix smiled, fate was clearly at hand here, the chance of a meeting was too good to pass. The opportunity to get answers had fallen into his lap. Questions floated within his cranium, a tantalizing curiosity. Before Azix was a Fanalis whose questions thus far betrayed a desire to see the safety of Reim. What kind of person was Yakuroro to gain Liber's trust? Azix pondered on the possibility that he was being set up for some kind of trap.

The thoughts had passed quickly and he came to a decision. Azix looked at Liber and slowly nodded, "I am hesitant to trust just anyone with the workforce program. Opportunity Hall has become a symbol of hope for those looking to rise out of poverty. I refuse to have that hope crushed for them. Make sure the magician understands that when you speak to him."

He relaxed into a smile, "I must say, if you were so cautious to gauge my character, that does speak a lot to your recommendation. I am eager to meet them."

Liber Aurelius

Liber Aurelius
β-Tier
β-Tier

"Excellent, then I shall arrange a meeting." Liber said cheerfully as he set his wine down and placed a few coins to cover his portion of the bill. "I'm going to go relay what I've learned today to my employer and then I'll speak with the good Imuchakk. What do you say we meet here, the same time tomorrow?" Assuming Azix agreed, Liber would take his leave with a bow before moving on the begin his search for Yakuroro. Liber was vaguely aware of which part of the city the Imuchakk had gone off to when they arrived in Reim together. Using his extensive knowledge of the city streets, it wouldn't take long for Liber to identify all the inns in the area which could accommodate Yakuroro's beast companion. There weren't many after all.

Upon finding where Yakuroro was staying, Liber sneaked into his room through a window and had a discussion with the Imuchakk. The magician wasn't very keen on the idea of having a chat considering how Liber had approached him, but when the fanalis mentioned the details of his business there Yaku became much more interested in hearing what else Liber had to say. Unable to turn down a chance to speak with one of the higher ranked Kou nobility stationed in the country, Yakuroro reluctantly agreed to the meeting before sending Liber away.

---The Next Day---

Liber arrived a bit early and dropped a sizeable sum to reserve a table near the back of the bar and all the other seats nearby. This would help ensure no eavesdroppers or prying ears could intrude upon the days meeting. He then took his seat and waited for the others to arrive.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Yakuroro was not expecting to have been pulled into a meeting today but it was far from an inconvenience when considering it accomplished what he would have been set out trying to arrange anyways. A meeting with one of the more prominent and public Kou figures in Reim at the moment. Following his duel with King Lagi, Yakuroro found himself unable to approach the royal palace directly lest he be suspected to still hold some kind of hatred towards the King. This made embedding himself in the politics of the country to be a rather difficult task through normal channels. A private meeting with one of the noblemen from Kou was perhaps his best bet at finding an in to the behind the scenes strings currently puppeting Kou's influence over Reim.

With this in mind, Yakuroro arrived at the meeting place promptly and freshly bathed. His long blue hair was pulled back save for a few wild strands that had been styled into horn-like protrusions since they refused to lay down flatly. His robe were clean and held shut by the elegant green cloth wrapped around his waist which happened to be a flying carpet. The Imuchakk ducked his head into the bar doorway and then made his way over to Liber who waved when they spotted each other. The magician had left Akatetsu as well as his staff and other magic tools behind as a show of good faith that this was a meeting of words. Not magic or violence. However, Marax's ring remained fastened to the Imuchakk's left index finger hidden by his sleeves.

The Imuchakk would take his seat with his back to the door and engaged Liber in small talk while they waited for Azix to arrive. When the human magician did make his entrance, he'd be able to notice an unusually dense concentration of rukh around the Imuchakk. Yakuroro's demeanor as a King Vessel making them more excitable than when around common men.

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

With a nod, Azix agreed to meet at the tavern tomorrow around the same time. He watched Liber depart, staying for a few minutes to reflect on conversation they had shared. The more he thought about it, the more Azix began to grow suspicious. The Opportunity Initiative was his baby, having poured his passion and desires into it to help it grow. He imagined that there were enemies clinging in the shadows waiting to attack him and everything he cared for.

With a deep breath, Azix managed to calm himself and reel his imagination back in. There was nothing he could do but wait to see what tomorrow's meeting would be like. With effort, he pushed his paranoia to the side and got up to leave. After paying the bar-tender for the meals, he headed back to Opportunity Hall.

~~~The Next Day~~~

Wrapped in a light spell that allowed him to Vanish, Azix slipped into the bar an hour before the meeting would occur. He noticed with amusement as the bartender looked up at the closing door in confusion. The bartender walked around the bar and opened the door, peeking his head out to look left and right for signs of anyone. Giving up, the man grumbled and went back to his work.

Azix picked a seat, out of the way from customer, to wait for Liber and Yakuroro. It wasn't long before the Fanalis arrived and reserved some seating towards the back of the tavern. With quiet steps, Azix followed Liber to the back and stood in the corner, watching over the Fanalis' shoulder. Shortly afterwards, a large Imuchakk entered the tavern surrounding by a condensed cloud of Rukh that clung to him. Azix noted the Rukh with mild curiosity, also noting that the Imuchakk did not have any visible weapons. His suspicion lessened, yet he kept his guard up, Azix knew from experience that wands were easy to hide.

With Yakuroro's back to the door, that meant the Imuchakk was looking in the direction of an invisible Azix. The orange magician waited a few minutes to see what conversation passed between the two men before dissolving the spell around him. It would look as if Azix appeared out of thin air.

Azix stepped from behind Liber and around the table to grab hold of a chair between the two. After giving the Imuchakk and Fanalis a bow, Azix took his seat. He turned to Yakuroro with a friendly smile and offered his hand, "It's nice to meet the Imuchakk who defeated the King in combat. The name is Azix Niraj of Kou."

After introductions were given, Azix's face grew serious and he looked closer at Yakuroro. "I imagine Liber spoke to you already about the possibility of overseeing the Opportunity Initiative temporarily? I am cautious about entrusting it to a stranger, so why don't you tell me why you would be qualified." Azix had other questions he wanted to ask first, but it was important to keep up appearances. Plus, assuming Yakuroro was trustworthy, it was best to get the business out of the way.

[270/300 magoi]

Spoiler:

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Yakuroro's eyes focused on the dispersing orange rukh as Azix dispelled his illusion and seemed to fade into existence. Yakuroro had performed a similar act numerous times but this was his first time seeing what it looked like as a witness rather than a performer. It was an interesting sight to see someone just appear out of no where. But the magician's many years of magical study let him know with rather sure certainty that Azix had likely been there all along. Liber remained silent save for a minor greeting and simply observed the two men content in his role as a third party bystander with no real place in the discussions to come. But he remained focused and presently aware so if he needed to speak up for any reason he could do so in reasonable time.

As Azix bowed and took his seat, Yakuroro bowed his head and took on a kind smile. This visage of friendliness would take a blow almost immediately however as Azix greeted him as the man who defeated King Lagi. Yakuroro let out a sigh and gave a look that said he was not proud of the feat. But it wouldn't take long for himto recover into his welcoming smile once more. "I am Yakuroro of Imuchakk. Please, I consider a barbaric coliseum match to be the least of my accomplishments in life. I hope we get along well enough that you come to know me by more pleasant monikers more suited to me." The Imuchakk made a gesture with his hand as if to wave off the events of his duel with Lagi El Nagi.

It was refreshing to see that Azix was willing to get right into the essence of why this meeting was called. Yakuroro didn't feel like he had the patience for playing word games with a nobleman, exchanging empty compliments and gestures of stroking eachothers egos as noblemen often liked to do. It seemed that for now, the Marquis was showing little of that stereotype. Yakuroro sat up straight as he began to respond and spoke with firm confidence. "I've been traveling the world for many years and admittedly, I do not have direct experience overseeing any large organizations or groups." Yaku spread empty palms, his sleeves still covering his metal vessel keeping it from sight as he made the gesture. "But what I lack in administrative experience, I could make up for in other ways. Liber tells me that you don't have a very wide variety of industries on board yet. I believe I could help with that. In my many years of travel, one skill I learned to nurture was where to find important people and how to earn their favor. I've even managed to obtain a pardon for a friend from Kou's first prince. I am quite sure of myself when it comes to my ability to accumulate favors. I could use this skill towards the interest of expanding your initiative's reach throughout Reim's various industries."

There ended Yakuroro's pre-practiced justification for why he might be someone Azix wanted help from. But Yakuroro did not end there. Inspired by the moment, he gave pause to take in a breath and let his words settle in Azix's mind before continuing, "In all honesty, I would not fault you if you decided to have someone else run your organization. We are strangers and I understand that it might be unwise to put great faith in me. But managing a large group with many moving pieces is something I'd like to get practice with. If you can find someone else to oversee the Opportunity Initiative, then perhaps I can help them as a sort of freelance liaison between them and various industry leaders around the capital. So long as this person had Reim's best interests in mind, I don't mind working underneath someone."

Yakuroro hoped this show of humility was lend credibility to the innocence behind his intent. This would be a good way to help Reim's future while ensuring that the work force initiative didn't fall into corrupt hands. But even so, this was all merely a stepping stone towards Yakuroro's real goal in coming to his meeting. Depending on how Azix responded, Yakuroro would soon inquire into deeper matters of interest.

~715/1000 - Training Reminiscing Visions~

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Azix watched Yakuroro carefully as sat in the chair with his hands folded in his lap. He filed away Yakuroro's reaction when the Coliseum match was mentioned. The blue-haired giant went on to explain that he lacked any real leadership experience, but was good at trading 'favors'. Azix took that to mean the Imuchakk was skilled at playing politics, which admittedly was a good skill to have. To fully realize Azix's dream, the industries available for training would have to be extended to encompase most, if not all, of trades. It was also information that Liber had obtained from their previous conversation the day before.

Suspicion crept into Azix's features as he considered the man's next words. Yakuroro declared that even if he couldn't oversee it, he would still like to be involved in the initiative. Azix could see the Imuchakk's eagerness to be a part of Opportunity Hall, but he was unsure of the motivation. Was it genuine interest to help Reim, to sabotage the program, or to spy on Azix? Behind a thoughtful mask, Azix scolded himself for becoming so paranoid. So far, Yakuroro presented himself as a man interested in bettering Reim and appeared so.

He rubbed his chin as he replied, "I agree that having someone of your talents would be beneficial at this point. For the most part, the current staff can handle the administrative duties, it is contracts the initiative needs." As Yakuroro said, Azix would have to place a great deal of faith in him, but he wasn't ready to do so. First, he need to see how far he could trust the Imuchakk. What Azix did know of Yakuroro was limited, which put him in an awkward position to extract information.

Sometimes, you just had to play your cards and hope for a win. "You mentioned placing faith in you, that requires trust. Knowing you are a man skilled at obtaining favors, I wonder if you see this as gaining a favor from me. Regardless if that's your angle, if you were to do perform as expected, I would feel I owe you a debt of gratitude. If it's all right with you, I'd like to ask a few questions. You have the choice to answer or pass, but if you answer then I would like an honest answer. For every question you answer I am willing to give you the same."

If Yakuroro agreed, Azix would lean back in his chair and take a second to think. "I was at the ball and overheard your outburst with Lagi. What was the reason behind that? I also know you accompanied a Lady Soushui to the ball, how do you know her? During her time spent with Lagi, she wounded him. Do you know if that was from fear or for another reason?" The last question was more for idle curiosity than because of any suspicion. With such an upset at the ball Azix wondered if something small had slipped by. His questions became deeper and more philisophical. "Why are you interested in the Opportunity initiative? You said you have traveled the world, what do you think of each countries' government? What issues do you think are the most problematic in the world right now and how would you take steps to fix them?"

With the various bits of information Azix had, this game carried risk, but he wanted to know the answers. He would watch Yakuroro carefully to judge the man's honesty with each response and at the very least, provide the same amount of truth in his own responses. To be honest, Azix expected Yakuroro to choose to pass through the questions about the ball.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Yakuroro could tell that Azix was not fully sold on the benefit Yakuroro could provide and even sensed a degree of suspicion from the man. At the moment, Yakuroro had not clue what it was Azix felt cautious about. There were simply too many possible candidates for causes to be weary of the Imuchakk. Between his actions at the ball and his recent duel, Yakuroro had made a much larger public splash in Reim than he would have prefered. Apparently larger than he had anticipated as Yakuroro would soon find out. Azix went on innocently enough when he began his response. An initial statement of potential interest in having someone of Yakuroro's talents on board followed by a disclaimer of what Azix could already trust in capable hands. It was a smooth deflection from the topic of giving the Imuchakk full control over the organization.

This was an expected outcome albeit a bit disappointing as Yakuroro really did hope to gain some experience in the role of a leader to a larger group than he was used to. But the blue magician let this pass without protest. Instead, he listened to Azix as he performed a polite interrogation revealing that he knew more about Yakuroro than the Imuchakk had thought. This man knew about Lady Soushui and it seemed like he was probing Yaku for all kinds of other information. An investigation into the secret behind King Lagi, connections Yaku had with Lady Soushui, and a look into Yakuroro's perspective on the world. It was an overwhelming set of questions, but Yakuroro shot back with answers with almost no delay save for a brief pause prior to each point as he quickly gathered his thoughts.

"I have reason to suspect that King Lagi holds a terrible power that should not exist in this world. But it would be easier to show you than explain. Liber, please go to my inn and retrieve my staff." Once the fanalis nodded and took his leave, Yakuroro continued. "I doubt you would believe me if I simply told you. When he returns you can see for yourself why I fear that young human..."

Letting the weight of those words rest on Azix's mind for a moment, Yakuroro then went on to answer Azix's other questions. "As for Lady Soushui, she was once my magic tutor and helped me through some magical research. I've not known her for very long, but she seems to enjoy following me around and making my life difficult. She keeps nagging me about Imuchakk lore and asking if it would be alright to dissect my body should I die. While she's been my benefactor on a few occasions, I would hesitate to call her my friend. I can never tell what that infernal woman wants." This was mostly true as was Yakuroro's irritation as he spoke of the Kou noblewoman. But it was spiced with lies here and there that distorted the true nature of Yakuroro's relationship with Lady Soushui and just how deep their mutual bond was.

"My interest in your initiative is my interest in Reim. I am here to help this country. My work here isn't done until the lives of this lands people are better off than when I arrived. I just didn't expect a man from Kou to be on the job already. I've been to every major country including Kou and I can tell you that the Emperor's means of governing lands troubles me. I'd almost call the world peaceful if not for his expansionism. Then again, something troubles me about almost all the lands in this world. The Imuchakk are too isolated and short sighted, content to live simple lives without a future to progress to that is any different from the last hundred years. Magnostadt similarly locks themselves away from the humans and lets old grudges fester. Balbadd is prosperous now, but it is only a matter of time before men of greed take control based on how their system of governance is set up. The poor have chances to pull themselves out of poverty, but it's a nation of merchants. Those with money will always have more power than those without. Heliohapt's in turmoil and needs much time to recover. As for Reim...her lack of sovereignty worries me."

After another pause, Yakuroro realized he hadn't yet commented on what Lady Soushui had done to Lagi. To be honest, Yakuroro didn't even know something like that had transpired. "Ah, and in the matter of Lady Soushui, I left the ball once I challenged Lagi. After speaking with an acquaintance, I took my leave from the balcony by way of flying carpet. I couldn't very well stick around after making such a scene."

"Now it is my turn to ask you questions, but I have only one. Why did you start the Opportunity Initiative? I'll need to know your intentions behind the group if I am to serve it in any useful capacity."

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Behind his only revealed purple eye, Azix was surprised to hear that Yakuroro suspected Lagi's dark power and could show him proof. Curious to see what the Imuchakk had, Azix offered his own magic carpet to lend Liber. After the Fanalis left, Yakuroro continued by explaining his relationship with Lady Soushui. Azix was surprised to sense that the Imuchakk was telling the truth, though he felt that some details were glossed over. Yakuroro's openness made Azix reconsider his suspicion, the Imuchakk revealed himself to be well traveled and observant.

Azix had to admit that Yakuroro was proving to be qualified for the role. He leaned forward, hiding those feelings from his face, as Yakuroro explained that he knew nothing of the events after challenging Lagi. A bit disappointing, but it was understandable, Azix would not want to stick around after challenging the King at a public event.

Azix waited to see what Yakuroro would ask and was surprised to receive only one question. An easy one at that, though he still took a moment to gather his thoughts. "As you mentioned, Kou's Emperor's governance is troublesome. I have a few different fundamental ideologies than him. The Opportunity Initiative and the education reform were put forth to see if those ideologies would be beneficial to everyone. For one, I would like to see the caste system become a relic of the past. I believe that while people are born unequal, a world where each is treated an equal for those differences would breed positivity rather not inequality. A man stigmatized for being poor grows envious with every dark look and injustice. Seeing the gluttony of nobles gorging on plentiful food freely while you are unable to afford that plentiful food breeds contempt.

So, I suppose if you get right down to it, the initiative is an opportunity for the people while being a stepping stone to making a country free of injustices where everyone is equal. I understand that such a fanciful notion seems foolhardy, but I hardly think that is a reason not to strive for such change. So I strive to see that the poor and every child is given the tools to build a better future. Teaching everyone how to perform each role from growing food, to mining, to smithing, to teaching, to defending themself, wouldn't that give people the ability to tackle any situation that comes across? Wouldn't it make it easier for them to chase their dreams and live happy lives?"

Azix's eye focused on a distant point with a wistful look, "Maybe it was started to prove that such a dream was possible." Azix shook his head and looked back at Yakuroro. "I hope that answers your question. I apologize for going off on a tangent. Anyway, I am interested to see what you were going to show me."

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Liber denied the offered carpet when he left, confident in his speed as a fanalis. As for Yakuroro, he feared he would need to dig deeper in order to catch a glimpse into Azix's heart, but no such further prying would be required. Either the Kou nobleman was a VERY good actor, or he was being earnest in his words. It was surprising to find him being openly against the Emperor's policies but as Azix went on to express his feelings towards injustice and poverty it became clear why he held a stance opposed to his country's ruler. Perhaps he was just an idealistic dreamer, indeed. Or perhaps he was the kind of person that made great change happen in the world. Yakuroro became interested in Azix moreso than before simple because he was a man who seemed to have the drive and resources to do what countless poor men have dreamed of doing for themselves. Only Azix was trying to do it for everyone. A means out of the perpetually growing pit of poverty.

"No, that was exactly what I wanted to hear." Yakuroro said as he held a hand up in response to Azix's apology once he was finally done speaking. Yaku knew that there was likely much more about Azix's background that he still did not know of. But for now, the Imuchakk's opinion of the Kou native was higher than before. A bit disappointed that he hadn't found the heart of evil in Reim, but far more glad to have found a possible ally within the upper ranks of Kou, Yakuroro relaxed and allowed a genuine smile to come across his expression. "I will tell you this much. Dreams are what you call fanciful impossibilities filling the head of a young boy who knows not the limits of the world. What you speak of? I would call that an ambition. You've made tangible results and advances towards solving a problem most world leaders don't even see as a problem. I'm convinced that you want this initiative to succeed for the right reasons. Because of this, I will give you my word that I shall do all I can to ensure the initiative will grow."

While the two magician's waited for Liber's return, Yakuroro had ordered an empty cup as well as a knife and some bandages. Assuring Azix that the knife was not for him, Yakuroro would use it to cut the palm of his own hand. A lack of ill intent allowed the damage to be applied to Yakuroro's body without any interference from his borg. The Imuchakk let his blood drain into the cup and did not bandage his wound until he had sufficiently filled it with enough blood to satisfy a vampire's thirst. "What I am about to show you are the memories of the rukh in my blood. You seem to be a skilled light magician so I'm sure you'll be able to tell that what you're going to see is no mere illusion. I will show you the terrors of the Black Rukh and why I reacted the way I did upon seeing its presence around Lagi." It wasn't long after that Liber arrived. Handing Yakuroro his staff, the fanalis then stepped back to give the two magician's space not really sure what was going to happen.

With magical medium in hand, Yakuroro held his staff head over the cup of blood and gave magoi to the rukh as he commanded them with the name of his spell, "Reminiscing Visions." This was the first time Yakuroro was actually performing the spell, but it was akin to the spell he'd used to predict weather in the past and his time researching in Magnostadt had told him enough about it that the magic wasn't particularly difficult to invoke.

Suddenly, Liber, Yakuroro, and Azix, were all viewing the scene that played out in Heliohapt during the Strongest Under The Sun contest. Yakuroro would show them the black djinn as he arrived on the scene and the chaos it caused. Then he skipped the vision ahead to show the beast's defeat from an angle that left Yakuroro out of sight so as not to reveal his djinn equip to the other two men. The black djinn's body dissolved into a mass of black rukh and flew off to the mysterious man on a flying carpet. Then another time skip, now showing the ruins throughout the city caused by the demi-djinn as Yakuroro had witnessed them.

The visions then faded and suddenly they were all back in the bar once more. "This is the secret behind the black rukh...There is still much about it which I do not know. But I was told that the charred black body left behind had once been a normal human man. If that is true, then we should all fear what manner of demon is residing within Lagi El Nagi..."

Magoi - 270/300
1000+/1000 Training Reminiscing Visions:

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Yakuroro's words reassured Azix that his goals were not folly, but a worthwhile ambition. He accepted this with a nod and returned Yakuroro's smile. The Imuchakk used a knife to fill up a cup with his blood after slicing his palm open while he explained the reason for his actions. When Liber returned with Yakuroro's staff, the Imuchakk casted a spell which briefly sent out a flutter of Rukh before a vision came to Azix's mind.

The Heliohaptan desert was easily recognizable to Azix and he held his breath to see a massive black demon causing chaos. Time seemed to skip ahead and the demon was finally defeated, the massive flock of black Rukh that clung to it flew off in the distance towards a man on a flying carpet. Time skipped again and Azix saw his beloved city in ruins. Azix choked back a cry of sorrow as the vision faded.

Pale, Azix looked around to find himself in the bar before settling his gaze on Yakuroro, "Heliohapt lays in ruins?" The vision had shook up Azix pretty badly but after a few deep breaths, he calmed himself. "This creature of the black Rukh is troublesome. What you've shown me makes that quite clear."

Azix leaned back in his chair as he processed what he had learned. He considered the possibility of Lagi becoming a similar demon and wondered if the Contractor had plans to help see that come true. Seeing that it was possible with the mysterious magician, Azix looked back up to Yakuroro. "Thank you for showing me what happened in Heliohapt. I heard rumors, but this is nothing compared to the rumors. As a boy, I loved Heliohapt and its culture, I still do. Suffice to say, it pains me to see that level of destruction to a place I love." He took a pause before getting to the point. "I would hate to see such destruction befall Reim as well. Since you provided me with information and are willing to do me the favor of overseeing Opportunity Hall, I feel it necessary to provide you with information. The first, is a confirmation that Lagi does wield a dark power, I have witnessed it first hand as well as heard rumors that he used it to quell a small rebellion shortly after he took the throne. It was nothing on the scale of the demon you showed me, but the black Rukh clung to him, forming a black armor around him. Unlike that demon, he seems to display control over the power however.

The second piece of information, may interest Liber more than you, but it is information all the same. Shortly after I arrived, I came across a red-haired assassin who tipped me off on a mysterious magician who hired him to kill me. I don't know what drove Zafar to turn on his employer, but I am grateful he did. Suffice it to say, we tried to kill the magician, but his powers were too great and he instead hired us to kill someone. The person deserved death, I feel no guilt for that, but the circumstances were odd. There's a dome-shaped compound in this city constructed with the purpose of a magical circle. I thought nothing of it for a time, but a couple months later the invasion happened and I overheard whispers that this mysterious magician, the Contractor, was involved. Nothing concrete, but my gut tells me he was an important player."

Azix leaned forward as he finished his story and folded his hands on the table, "I hope that information can be of use to you both. If you do seek out the Contractor, be warned that he is very powerful and very manipulative." With a wave, Azix turned the conversation back to business. "As for the Opportunity Initiative, I think your help would be beneficial. I am willing to let you lead it temporarily while I expand the initiative in Imuchakk." Azix couldn't help a chuckle at the irony of leaving it in the hands of an Imuchakk while he himself went to Imuchakk. The chuckle died and was replaced with a dangerous gleam in his eye. "Be warned, if you misuse my trust, you are not only affecting me but the people who depend on this program as well. If that were to happen, I would come at you with my full might. I do not take these people's trust lightly and I hope you understand that."

Azix's face relaxed back into a smile, now that he expressed how much trust he was placing in Yakuroro's hands. "It will take me a day or two to put together the documents to give you administrative authority. If you meet me in three days time at Opportunity Hall we can sign the documents and then we can stop by the bank so you can access the funds."

A thought struck Azix and he paused for a moment. "If something were to happen where these people's lives would be in danger, I want you to do me a favor. Withdraw all the money from the fund, it is my entire fortune, so far Reim's taxes have not been deposited, and split it between the people. I would also like you to see after their safety in that case. It is a lot to ask, I know, but I feel obligated to make sure they are safe."

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Seeing Azix upset over the visions of Heliohapt's destruction, the Imuchakk was quick to correct him and assure the orange magician that not all of Heliohapt was obliterated. "The capital was decimated, but not completely destroyed. Much of the city still remains and while the people have lost their beloved pharaoh, they are far from broken. Last I heard, there was some kind of religious prophecy from their gods in the aftermath that has put them firmly on the path to rebuild." Hopefully that alleviated some of Azix's worries. Yakuroro would wait for him to finish taking patience care of his breathing before listening to Azix speak on his understanding that the black rukh was a potential problem.

Yakuroro was surprised to hear Azix admit to knowing of a similar power already displayed by Lagi. Having not heard anything about this until now, it came as quite a shock to the Imuchakk. An armor that he could control? That sounded much like Yakuroro's own Djinn Equip and also suggested a fearsome possibility. If Lagi's dark form possessed even a fraction of the power of the dark djinn Yakuroro fought, then the world had much to fear should he ever lose control over it. The information regarding the contractor was equally troubling news. Yakuroro had never heard the name before, but somehow it sent a chill down his spine. His intuition told him that this magic circle building had a deeper purpose than Azix knew or was revealing.

Nodding in response to Azix's warning in regards to pursuing the contractor, Yakuroro spoke up asking for some assistance in that endeavor. "Judging from your skilled introduction, I assume you are familiar with light magic? If possible, could you show us an illusion of what this 'contractor' looks like? He sounds like a devious fellow and I'd like to know him by sight should he ever cross my path."

Further on, Azix would declare that he would be trusting Yakuroro's hands with the opportunity initiative far more deeply than had previously been discussed. There were conditions and a glare from Azix told Yakuroro that a betrayal of this arrangement would earn his wrath. But it was ultimately in Yakuroro's favor to accept. Not only could he get practice in administrative duties as he had hoped, but Azix was planning on a fail-safe to ensure the wealth he'd dedicated to the organization was ultimately used for the people involved and not for the benefit of lesser causes. A smart move in Yakuroro's mind considering that once Reim is turned into an object of war by the emperor, such funds would likely be commandeered for the sake of Kou's army and expansion.

"I don't have any issues with your requirement. You can count on me the be there to sign the documents. Is there anything else you'd like to discuss for today? I am sure you are a busy man, but I am relatively free all day. I can spare the time if you have more questions."

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Azix offered a handshake to seal the deal, with a friendly smile. With a flick of his staff, Azix used Twist Reality to form an illusion of the Contractor to the side of Yakuroro. He was curious to learn more about Yakuroro, but he had planned to see if he could secure some more contracts before the day was over. "While I would like to talk some more, I do have things I need to do. Thank you both for your assistance, I shall see in a few days then."

With a bow, Azix excused himself and headed back to Opportunity Hall to check on a few things.

In three days time, Azix had the papers drafted up which would allow Yakuroro access to the Workforce Program's funds, as well as proof that he was acting on behalf of Azix in regards to the program. He also sent letters to the Guilds and business owners who were partnered with Azix notifying them of the temporary appointment. Opportunity Hall's staff was also made aware so they could welcome their new boss. This would allow Yakuroro an easy transition into the role so he could spend more time focusing his efforts on growing the initiative.

After greeting Yakuroro when he arrived, Azix would update the Imuchakk on the recent acquisition of new contracts. Once the papers were signed, a quick visit would be made to the bank to finalize Yakuroro's position. After answering any questions, Azix would inform the Imuchakk that if he needed to get word to Azix to ask Liber to find Ariella. He did not tell him that Ariella had the twin of his Journey Book that allowed messages to pass over great distances.

After they parted ways, Azix took a walk to formulate his next plan. It was time to begin the journey to Imuchakk and he formulated a checklist. The volunteers for the Imuchakk expansion would need to be prepared and transportation to Portsmouth would have to be obtained. He would also have to say goodbye to Ariella and the Grumptoes. Decided on his course, Azix put those plans into motion.

[240/300]
[exit]

Spoiler:

Last edited by Azix Niraj on 19/11/14, 09:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

There was a slight delay when Azix offered his hand to shake on the agreement, but this was only due to the slightly poor reaction time of the Imuchakk race. Yakuroro returned the gesture promptly and gave his own parting words. "I see. Well, thank you for your time thus far. I shall see you in three days time." The Imuchakk then remained in the bar to enjoy a meal to help recover the strength lost from his sample of blood before making his own leave.

---Lets do the time warp agaaaaaaaaaain---

Upon the appointed day, Yakuroro approached Opportunity Hall on time and met with Azix to finalize the arrangements. With a stroke of the pen, the hall became Yakuroro's burden and responsibility for a time. It carried with it more duty than Yakuroro had initially hoped for, but the staff he was introduced to were all proficient enough that they would make his life much easier. Yakuroro had trouble fathoming how Azix had managed to organize the group in the first place. He would see Azix off before spending the day trying to become familiar with the daily going ons of the organization. Tomorrow he would begin efforts towards his primary task. Expanding the initiative and acting as it's representative when doing so.

-Exit-

Liber Aurelius

Liber Aurelius
β-Tier
β-Tier

Not expecting to bare witness to visions of Yakuroro's past, Liber was rather surprised when the Imuchakk's magic revealed to him scenes of a horrible monster and tragic destruction. When it was all said and done, the Fanalis held his tongue and remained silent as the two magician's spoke to each other. His mind was filled with worry that it was a shame he could not see this "black rukh" for himself. They were visible in the vision as it was Yakuroro's perspective, but he knew that he would be oblivious should he cross someone possessing the black birds on the street. There was no telling who had a similar giant monster dwelling inside of them. This rose many questions for the fanalis and he began to second guess just what kind of mess he'd gotten himself into.

Liber gave a sigh of relief when the meeting was over and he gave his good byes to both men before leaving to think on what he'd learned and overheard.

-Exit-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum