You are not connected. Please login or register

Garret's Abilities Reworked

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Garret's Abilities Reworked Empty Garret's Abilities Reworked 26/09/14, 02:44 am

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Jagged Flying Ice (D-Tier):

Water Manipulation Technique (D-Tier):

Water Gills (D-Tier):

Sound Inscription (D-Tier):

Pond Reflects (River Styx Style)(D-Tier):

Tranquil Parry (River Styx Style)(D-Tier):

Pressurized Strike (River Styx Style) (D-Tier):

Pressure Control (C-Tier):

Ice Phase (C-Tier):

State Transmutation (C-Tier):

Ice Mirror (C-Tier):

Grand Dive (C-Tier):

Controlled Sound (C-Tier):

Tranquil Strike (River Styx Style) (C-Tier):

Water Falls in Reverse (River Styx Style) (C-Tier):

Fish Swims Upstream (River Styx Style) (C-Tier):

Water Corrosion (River Styx Style) (C-Tier):

Ice Mirror Maze (B-Tier):

Controlling the Currents (B-Tier):

Jet Stream (B-Tier):

Pressure Crusher (B-Tier):

Water Dowsing (B-Tier):

Sound Sphere (B-Tier):

Sealing the Magoi Meridians (River Styx Style) (B-Tier):

Raging Current (River Styx Style) (B-Tier):

Redirecting Blows (River Styx Style) (B-Tier):

Ukemi (B-Tier):

Prison of Water and Ice (A-Tier):

Ice Explosion (A-Tier):

Ikken Hissatsu:

Last edited by Garret on 26/09/14, 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Garret's Abilities Reworked Empty Re: Garret's Abilities Reworked 26/09/14, 03:26 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

General Issues
-All of your strength abilities should have "close" listed as the range. Even with dodges, the ability being performed happens with your limbs. You just happen to move farther and that range should be listed in your description.

-After talking with Ariella there will be some additional changes to the strength ability guidelines and how they are worded. But to give you an idea of what will change, it is a bit unreasonable for an ability(which is supposed to be a specific technique) to simple be described as a strike with any limb. The versatility is darn high. Ariella will be posting later with more details.

Jagged Flying Ice
-After careful thought, you wont need a sustained cost if all you are doing in subsequent turns is moving this spell around since the magoi for making your spells float is considered negligible. That being said, you can't use this spell as transportation anymore unless it has a supplementary class and follows normal dodging ability rules(burst of speed vs constant speed)

Pressure Control
-You never close your parenthesis

State Transmutation
-Upon consideration, mist is not a state of water. Vapor is, but heat magic is required for a magician to produce steam/vapor. There for this ability must lose the ability to create mist and a new ability must be made for mist creation as it is a different process than the changing of matter states.

Water Falls in Reverse
-You can't use your hand to repeat an technique that is performed as a jump. Return the wording to say if you find another "foothold"

Fish Swims Upstream
-Placing your hand next to the opponents neck will not always be possible and you may need both hands occupied to deflect up to B-tier damage. Please remove that wording.

Ice Mirror maze
-Please note the damage required to break a mirror as well as the spells weakness to fire.

Water Dowsing
-Might want to change your wording. As it is now, you are technically required to physically dig into the ground.

T-t-t-t-t-that's all folks~

3Garret's Abilities Reworked Empty Re: Garret's Abilities Reworked 26/09/14, 04:58 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

For an ability, you would need to limit it to punch, kick, headbutt, etc, as all of these are completely separate actions and have completely different effects on how they may be countered. So if a move is a punch, it would be limited to hands, kicks to feet, etc. Please add these defining things in and I will be adding this under basic ability guidelines.

4Garret's Abilities Reworked Empty Re: Garret's Abilities Reworked 26/09/14, 09:20 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

General Issues
-Fixed Water Falls in Reverse
-Understandable point. I will limit it to 1 type of delivery system, whether that be Hands, Elbows, Knees or Feet. Edited. I think I got all of them. Please double check and verify.

Jagged Flying Ice
-Yea, it's fine that it can't be used for transportation. I have other things for that now~

Pressure Control
- :o

State Transmutation
-I would think that you could separate the water molecules enough to force it to become 'misty' or take the water and condense it enough to create mist through a water technique. I have no real problem complying though, just think that's a bit wrong. Ability edited regardless~

Water Falls in Reverse
-Gotcha, edited.

Fish Swims Upstream
-Retaining wording and expanding upon it. This is a circumstantial ability. If you have other concerns, feel free to voice them.

Ice Mirror maze
-I didn't do this yet because I need quick verification. I'm editing the spell so that it is apparent that it is 1 solid mass, and that the ice 'mirrors' are actually all just 1 block of ice that has a mirror property on them.
But the thing I want verified is this: The Magic Systems explain elemental strengths and weaknesses. Would you like me, and everyone else, to add in the elemental strengths and weaknesses to all of our spells? I can understand why you want me to write down the damage it takes to clash against the spell, because it makes it easier for people to understand that 'this is a B tier ability. Use something B tier on it.' but do they also need an explanation on elemental weaknesses? I have no issue if this is the case, but it would require me to edit all of my spells and not just this one. I just want to know so I can make the proper edits.

Water Dowsing
-LOLOLOL WOW. Ty for mentioning that to me. The wording was silly.

5Garret's Abilities Reworked Empty Re: Garret's Abilities Reworked 26/09/14, 11:47 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

State Transmutation
-I didn't say that it was impossible to make mist with magic. But the nature of this spell is changing the states of matter for water. Creation of mist is using the liquid state of water, not changing it. Based on that difference, mist generation would be a different spell with different kinds of commands separating it from this one. Similar to how a life magician could not make a single spell that creates a construct meant for offense while simultaneously shrouding themselves in healing magic.

Ice Mirror Maze
-For some reason I was thinking each mirror in the maze was going by the amount standards and would take damage separately. Not sure why when an amount of mirrors is never specified. I blame having a giant wall of abilities to go through.
-As for adding mention of elemental weaknesses, it isn't required, that was merely a request. I felt it would be a bit more relevant considering the nature of the spell but you don't need to add it if you don't want to.

I believe everything else is in order. You may add the rest of the updated spells to your vault and I am sure these two will be soon to follow suit.

6Garret's Abilities Reworked Empty Re: Garret's Abilities Reworked 27/09/14, 08:22 am

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Yea, State Transmutation was edited already because I don't really have a need for the gaseous form of it. Speaking from a physics standpoint, I can certainly see where you are coming from.

Ice Mirror Maze:
Yes, this giant wall of abilities is difficult to work through XD. It took me around 2 hours to go through them.

I have this huge OCD thing, though, that will literally crush me if this is the only ability that has the elemental weakness on it. If it's something you're thinking we should have, I could totally change the spell layouts to have:
Elemental Strengths:
Elemental Weaknesses:

In the template. With a template change like this, it wouldn't mess with me. I just need it to be consistent, otherwise it would drive me nuts XD.

7Garret's Abilities Reworked Empty Re: Garret's Abilities Reworked 27/09/14, 10:23 am

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Those last two are approved. As for editing the template and your OCD...

Garret's Abilities Reworked FT6qJ-Imgur

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum