Ariella Negri
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Changes Rolling Out! Empty New Changes Rolling Out! 25/09/14, 06:10 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As you all know, new changes are rolling out over the next couple of days.... I would like to keep all feedback regarding this in one place. As new questions or comments come in, they will be edited into this first post, so people can see what has been asked/answered easily!

So... WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK?

-------------------------------------

Azix Niraj wrote:Question: If we switch from Strength to Body Modification, do we get Huang back for the weapons purchased, seeing as Body Modification doesn't use weapons?

Spoiler:

Ilirran Iskam wrote:For body manipulators, would it be possible for them to heal themselves? Assuming you have the ability to stretch skin, muscle, bone, etc. There could be a restriction that any healing abilities used would be limited to the limb(s) that were provided per the specialization's tier.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ariella Negri on 26/09/14, 03:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

2New Changes Rolling Out! Empty Re: New Changes Rolling Out! 25/09/14, 06:59 pm

Myra

Myra
C-Tier
C-Tier

Staff wrote:You will notice two new specializations listed here. For anyone interested in changing one of their specializations, you will be allowed to do so for free, you will not be required to train these specializations.

Okay, I just wanted to say

OH MY GOD YOU PEOPLE ARE LIKE THE NICEST STAFF ON EARTH!

No seriously, I really like the Idea of having more specs and those are SO cool and I love how you people are so lovely and social and give us the option to just change our spec thats just so sweet of you and omg imma tear up I See How It Is!

seriously, thanks for being the best staff ever Thumbs Up!

3New Changes Rolling Out! Empty Re: New Changes Rolling Out! 25/09/14, 07:03 pm

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Question: If we switch from Strength to Body Modification, do we get Huang back for the weapons purchased, seeing as Body Modification doesn't use weapons?

4New Changes Rolling Out! Empty Re: New Changes Rolling Out! 25/09/14, 07:16 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Good Question! Yes, if you switch to the Body Manipulation class, your prior specs weapons will be refunded.

If you are switching to Stealth, you will be allowed to create a same tier weapon, or two tier-minus-one weapons, assuming you are not maxed out on weapons!

@Myra, Thank you so much, I definitely appreciate the kind words. We work very hard to be welcoming and I am glad you chose to join us! Enjoy the new changes!

5New Changes Rolling Out! Empty Re: New Changes Rolling Out! 26/09/14, 12:59 am

Ilirran Iskam

Ilirran Iskam
C-Tier
C-Tier

For body manipulators, would it be possible for them to heal themselves? Assuming you have the ability to stretch skin, muscle, bone, etc. There could be a restriction that any healing abilities used would be limited to the limb(s) that were provided per the specialization's tier.

Asking to see if it's possible and at the very least have the answer documented. Dancing~

6New Changes Rolling Out! Empty Re: New Changes Rolling Out! 26/09/14, 02:33 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

I would say no to healing. But I would also say it is reasonable they could create supplementaries that help them manage damage. For example, stopping bleeding for a period of time, purging their body of poisons/toxins, suppressing pain, or otherwise mitigating damage rather than healing it all together.

7New Changes Rolling Out! Empty Re: New Changes Rolling Out! 29/09/14, 10:44 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

My concern is with the Household Rank limitation. It seems rather unfair to someone who wants to be a Household member but knows that by doing so, they can't get as strong as possible only because someone else is just that strong (Companion and Adviser limits).

Sure you get "free abilities" just by being a Household member but those abilities aren't very noteworthy as they can only be up to B-tier at any given point in time. This, as it seems to me, would make getting a household less desirable than the older system which allowed for two Omega tier abilities, even though the old system did just that which was obviously boring, too, but is, to me, more desirable and rather fair for all households. However, that doesn't mean implementing the old system again. What I'm trying to say is "get rid of the rank limits for Household members".

Unfortunately for me, I was denied only because it would be unfair to someone who wants to be part of an event that they know would be too much for them to handle alone i.e. a B-tier wanders into a thread with 1 King Vessel and 5 Companion level Household members. That by itself sounds very stupid...why the hell would you walk into something like that alone!? Just bring your own companions or your Djinn Master or ANYTHING other than just "wandering" in on your own.

The idea of removing the limit is not "ridiculously OP" because having 5 Companions level Household members is not like having 5 Omega tier weapons. They are 5 individuals + 1 King Vessel who are worthy of being very strong. Together they just happen to be "unstoppable" which it only natural. The same instance could be applied for a B-tier wandering into a topic with 6 Omega tier individuals with no djinn or households among the six individuals. They only difference is the number of abilities between 6 regular individuals and the 5+1 individuals.

Removing also gives a great incentive to becoming a Household member, too. So far, we have 0 Household members (soon 2 thanks to Yaku). But +2 isn't all that much more of a party. Sure we only have 4 or 5 King Vessels, but there should be more households than king vessels anyway.

Anyway, either remove the limit or most likely end up being flooded by complaints about how unfair the current system is. Not by me though. Future members will end up complaining, but not me because I've said my peace...sort of. I have a quick proposition for a Household System;
Just an idea...think about it or not:

8New Changes Rolling Out! Empty Re: New Changes Rolling Out! 29/09/14, 11:10 pm

Fu Yunling

Fu Yunling
C-Tier
C-Tier

I will ask this here officially for the record just to move it out of this staff discussion thing we have going. Understand that I say this out of love and not because I am a bitter bundle of hate and have in fact been ruminating on this during my long hiatus due to computer issues.

Why do we have over twelve threads devoted solely to a single roleplay system? Why do we have to keep going back in over and over again every so often to clarify and change said system? We currently (as of right now) have eighteen rules threads, thirty primary suggestions and questions regarding said system, nine 'solved' threads about said system, and six in progress threads. Not to mention this thread where there are as of right now about three valid concerns to the system that is currently being added and modified.

At what point are we calling it enough? Do you know it took me four days to read through all of this? I still don't understand it, not even going to lie. That's why I don't bother. Yes. There is a reason why I don't do all of this madness. Because that's what it looks like. Madness. I have been at this forum roleplay thing since I was twelve and I play tabletop on the weekends and have been since I was sixteen. Did you know that if you printed out all of the rules we have at the moment and added in some pretty graphics that this would make a good chunk of a hardcover tabletop roleplay system? If I took some time and make some actual charts and little intro stories, I could in fact make this into a d20 system.

No thank you.

I am here to write a story. A story where people have djinns and run around having adventures and political screw-ups and generally growing up in a world where everything can change when a dungeon comes off.

So.

Can I make an option to turn all this off? Because this is Fu, hereby volunteering to make an alternate system and run the thing for those people who are either tired of all of the training and min-maxing craziness. We have thread requirements to be able to make friends and party members for crying out loud. With word counts and post requirements. What in the name of hibiscus blend is going on here?

Fu wants a system that has none of this system involved in it. This is Fu officially asking if anyone else is in the same boat, because she will run it for them. Dungeons and all. Because yes, Fu fully realizes that not having the system means whoever opts for it can't run dungeons like everyone else. And yes, she will be expecting you to be responsible with this or she will turn the proverbial magic carpet right back around.

9New Changes Rolling Out! Empty Re: New Changes Rolling Out! 29/09/14, 11:33 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zadi wrote:My concern is with the Household Rank limitation. It seems rather unfair to someone who wants to be a Household member but knows that by doing so, they can't get as strong as possible only because someone else is just that strong (Companion and Adviser limits).

Sure you get "free abilities" just by being a Household member but those abilities aren't very noteworthy as they can only be up to B-tier at any given point in time. This, as it seems to me, would make getting a household less desirable than the older system which allowed for two Omega tier abilities, even though the old system did just that which was obviously boring, too, but is, to me, more desirable and rather fair for all households. However, that doesn't mean implementing the old system again. What I'm trying to say is "get rid of the rank limits for Household members".

Unfortunately for me, I was denied only because it would be unfair to someone who wants to be part of an event that they know would be too much for them to handle alone i.e. a B-tier wanders into a thread with 1 King Vessel and 5 Companion level Household members. That by itself sounds very stupid...why the hell would you walk into something like that alone!? Just bring your own companions or your Djinn Master or ANYTHING other than just "wandering" in on your own.

The idea of removing the limit is not "ridiculously OP" because having 5 Companions level Household members is not like having 5 Omega tier weapons. They are 5 individuals + 1 King Vessel who are worthy of being very strong. Together they just happen to be "unstoppable" which it only natural. The same instance could be applied for a B-tier wandering into a topic with 6 Omega tier individuals with no djinn or households among the six individuals. They only difference is the number of abilities between 6 regular individuals and the 5+1 individuals.

Removing also gives a great incentive to becoming a Household member, too. So far, we have 0 Household members (soon 2 thanks to Yaku). But +2 isn't all that much more of a party. Sure we only have 4 or 5 King Vessels, but there should be more households than king vessels anyway.

Anyway, either remove the limit or most likely end up being flooded by complaints about how unfair the current system is. Not by me though. Future members will end up complaining, but not me because I've said my peace...sort of. I have a quick proposition for a Household System;
Just an idea...think about it or not:

Already made a system for this. It just isn't posted yet because Ariella still needs to make some edits to it. Be patient, we've said publicly time and time again that there were going to be changes to households.

But it is finished and has been since last week, just needs touching up before final implementation.

Fu Yunling wrote:I will ask this here officially for the record just to move it out of this staff discussion thing we have going. Understand that I say this out of love and not because I am a bitter bundle of hate and have in fact been ruminating on this during my long hiatus due to computer issues.

Why do we have over twelve threads devoted solely to a single roleplay system? Why do we have to keep going back in over and over again every so often to clarify and change said system? We currently (as of right now) have eighteen rules threads, thirty primary suggestions and questions  regarding said system, nine 'solved' threads about said system, and six in progress threads. Not to mention this thread where there are as of right now about three valid concerns to the system that is currently being added and modified.

At what point are we calling it enough? Do you know it took me four days to read through all of this? I still don't understand it, not even going to lie. That's why I don't bother. Yes. There is a reason why I don't do all of this madness. Because that's what it looks like. Madness. I have been at this forum roleplay thing since I was twelve and I play tabletop on the weekends and have been since I was sixteen. Did you know that if you printed out all of the rules we have at the moment and added in some pretty graphics that this would make a good chunk of a hardcover tabletop roleplay system? If I took some time and make some actual charts and little intro stories, I could in fact make this into a d20 system.

No thank you.

I am here to write a story. A story where people have djinns and run around having adventures and political screw-ups and generally growing up in a world where everything can change when a dungeon comes off.

So.

Can I make an option to turn all this off? Because this is Fu, hereby volunteering to make an alternate system and run the thing for those people who are either tired of all of the training and min-maxing craziness. We have thread requirements to be able to make friends and party members for crying out loud.  With word counts and post requirements. What in the name of hibiscus blend is going on here?

Fu wants a system that has none of this system involved in it. This is Fu officially asking if anyone else is in the same boat, because she will run it for them. Dungeons and all. Because yes, Fu fully realizes that not having the system means whoever opts for it can't run dungeons like everyone else. And yes, she will be expecting you to be responsible with this or she will turn the proverbial magic carpet right back around.

*Note! This is my opinion as a member, not a staff decision*

I agree that the current rules and systems are a bit scattered. I will even go so far as to say I would welcome a watered down version of rules that players could go through to simply participate in a social setting.

However if a player isn't participating in the system then I wouldn't think they should be allowed to participate in ability based combat or dungeons and any roles they play in events would be non-combat related.(For example, Player A is captured by NPCs and may use words to try and weasel their way out of danger or otherwise be useful whilst player B who participates in the system fights to rescue them.)

The system IS complex, but I think one reason why the rule threads are so split up is so people can click on the ones that actually apply to them without having to sift through pages upon pages of rules that only apply to other specializations and such. But I don't think it would be compatible to have a bunch of people running around following a complex system and a bunch of others running around ignoring that system entirely and still being able to do all of the same things.

I'd like to take this chance to clear up some misconception on the Fu's part:

• I think the only person on the forum really even slightly trying to min max is Garret and even then he isn't exactly unfairly powerful for it. Most of us rp pretty casually despite the fact that you must train to earn abilities.
  • There are no rules and word counts required for making friends. Not sure where you are getting this from but if it's the household system, there is a thread requirement to show players spent long enough together to have a deeper bond. If they are friends they would meet that eventually anyways. As for the word count requirement, it is for the ceremony/event in which they obtain a households power. It's reasonable to me that one would have to do a quality thread for this that is not just a single 100 word post.

10New Changes Rolling Out! Empty Re: New Changes Rolling Out! 30/09/14, 12:17 am

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

@Zadi: I like most of your ideas here, and wouldn't mind working with the staff to see most of it implemented. However, I would like to remind you of a few things;

A Household Vessel user is borrowing the power of the Djinn user. Of course they are not going to have as much power as the Djinn user. The amount of abilities they receive should be less than a Djinn user, and the maximum power they receive the abilities from should also be limited to be lesser than the Djinn user. As for your mention of a Household member being able to beat a dark-djinn user, that doesn't mean they did so solely on the power of their household vessel alone. Many factors can determine a winner of a battle; tactics, strategy, compatibility, strength, magoi/stamina.

I'm confused at what you mean by a 'pokemon mega evolution' and 'not like a dungeon beast'. They are essentially the same thing, from what I understand, so there isn't really any difference that I can gather from this.

Other than the two above points, I think most of what you've said seems interesting, and will see what I can do to help it get implemented.

On to what Fu said~

I'm working with Fu on something that will allow a high degree of free-form. What she wrote may have been better posted in a separate thread, but it's fine that it was posted here I guess. Keep in mind what Yaku has mentioned in his post, however keep an open mind when thinking about what Fu has written as well if you want to post a response to that.

(P.S. Fu has some points about the Household thing for becoming a household member. But with the thing I'm working with her on... Well, that's to come in the future.)

11New Changes Rolling Out! Empty Re: New Changes Rolling Out! 30/09/14, 02:03 am

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

@Yaku - I'm talking about this http://magiworldofmagic.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=12&st=0&#entry97

@Garret - This is what I mean by "pokemon mega evolution" and "not like a dungeon beast"
Not where I got the inspiration! Just a really good example:
Anyway, I do agree with "being a little weaker" part, but the extreme magic is what really sets King/Dark Vessels apart from their Households in terms of strength (other than strategy, etc). Instead, Households have that "mega evolution" thing but again, "not like a dungeon beast" since were already have dungeon beast transformations. Again, I get where you are coming from, but I personally don't want to see 72 active Djinn and 10 Households (more or less; just exaggerating for emphasis). If Households and Kings are close but not quite the same, then Djinns and Households will balance out in the (hopefully near) future, population wise.

12New Changes Rolling Out! Empty Re: New Changes Rolling Out! 30/09/14, 08:55 am

Eliza

Eliza
C-Tier
C-Tier

Eliza/Myra says:

I don't even understand 30% of what you are talking about, but if Fu tries to make the System "easier" to understand and overlook I'm SO with her, if that means anything. T_T xD

13New Changes Rolling Out! Empty Re: New Changes Rolling Out! 30/09/14, 09:36 am

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Since I've joined the forum, rule changes have rolled out nearly weekly, constantly tweaking this rule and that rule for balance sake. I can understand that and while I like the new changes, I just want to RP guys. One week I have an ability approved where the burn status effect can deal damage over time, the next week I can't. One month I'm able to make a strength ability to dash up to the range, the next month, it is adjusted to scale. While it is frustrating to make these changes, I can understand adjusting active systems.

Now we're talking about adjusting systems that are not even up yet and haven't been tested either. I can see the benefit of reducing the household limit, but here's the thing: Diego is a character I plan to join a household with and he would be interested in a companion slot, Ilirran on the other hand also would join a household, but has no interest in a companion slot (Why? Because I don't want to devote that much time between two characters to work them up that far). So in my specific circumstances, I am perfectly find with this because to me, the household system is not about obtaining a Mega-Evolution or a Dungeon Beast Transformation, but about getting some free abilities that you wouldn't normally get on your character and having a blast RPing WITH ANOTHER MEMBER. I mean, for the first time ever, staff is allowing us Dungeon Beast Transformations outside of a dungeon and we are acting like this isn't good enough?

My points half-agree with Fu and half-don't. I've dedicated many hours these past....three months?...developing my characters and having a blast. It's frustrating to deal with so many changes and after looking over the new systems on Jcink forum, I really like them. It feels for the most part balanced and gives us more options than this current system in different areas. My vote is to give this system a month or two to get used to before rewriting it, especially before a section is rolled out and hasn't been tested. That's my opinion though...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum