You are not connected. Please login or register

Herding the sheep to Reim [Travel/Altair, Freed]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier

With Elisheba now gone, Altair felt like he was missing a piece of himself. That rod had been with him since he was very young, and he made it with his own hands. Being without it made him feel... naked. But Altair knew that the rod was a tool for protection, not for liberation. No, his sword would be a much better weapon for that purpose. But, he did feel like a change of scenery would do him well. After all, he was a wanted man now in Heliohapt, and though nobody knew it was him exactly, he didn't want to overstay his welcome. Altair chartered a boat to get across the ocean to Reim. This was another country where slavery was a big probelm, and Altair felt that he could do some good over there.

Altair watched from the boat as they prepared to disembark. Many people were watching the merchant ship set sail. some children waved, prompting Altair to wave back. It was a nice day, and definitely relaxing to feel the gentle rocking of the boat and the beating of the sun on his neck. Altair wondered what kind of people he might meet in this new country, and whether or not they might sympathize with his cause.

Tahl

Tahl
C-Tier
C-Tier

A sigh escaped the Halfling's lips as he wondered through Heliohapt. He had just finished finding a rare snake and now had nothing to do. As much as he would have preferred going back to his quiet home in Balbadd to relax, he still had the itch to go and explore around. While in his thoughts, he found himself by the docks where fishermen were trading and ships were casting off to sail.

Tahl dug through his pocket and purchased a large fish, keeping it tucked in the bag he carried with him. As much as he wanted to easily devour the flesh, he thought it would be better to wait. Perhaps even with a friend. He turned away from the stalls and stood near the port, watching the ships beginning their departure. One ship in particular was just pulling off; people waving off to their friends and family.
"Man,"He heard a man speak out,"I can't believe my son is going off to Reim. I wish him luck in the Colisseum."

The male's pointed ears perked at the sound of the Industrial Country. He told himself that he would go and visit one day. Now seemed to be the perfect time. Squeezing through the thick crowd, Tahl stood just at the edge.
He cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted,"W-wait a minute! I'm coming too!" Taking a few steps back, Tahl charged forward and jumped, landing just at the edge of the boat which caused it to rock hard. The crew were surprised by the sudden shake; a couple falling overboard. The ones that managed to grab on just as he landed shot him a glare before helping their fellow crewmen back onto the boat. He chuckled some and found a quiet little spot, sitting down and hugging his knees. He hid his face with his legs as he couldn't help but smile wide. He was finally on his way out of one Country and onto the next; something he was in love to finally do.

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier

Altair almost lost his balance when the boat abruptly tilted to the port side, causing men less oriented than him to go overboard. "What was that?" Altair thought. He turned to see a purple haired individual had jumped onto the boat from the dock. A remarkable feat, the distance considered. But against what Altair thought the man might do next, he instead sat down on the other side of the boat and put his head between his legs.

The man confused Altair. If you were brave enough to making a flying leap onto a moving boat, then why would you then be so shy as to hide between your own legs? At the very least, the man warranted a chat for his odd behavior.

Altair walked over and sat down next to the stranger. "So, tell me about the man behind that purple hair. if you do, i might share a story or two of my own. It's a nice enough way to pass the time."

Tahl

Tahl
C-Tier
C-Tier

Tahl almost jumped at the sound of the stranger's voice. He lifted his head up and turned, showing off his goofy grin. He looked over the man, staring over his features. He compared Tahl in his height and build; perhaps they had similar upbringings.

Sliding over some to make a bit of comfortable space between the two, Tahl's eyes lifted upwards as he thought of any stories he could possibly tell about himself. He instinctively ran his fingrs along his pointed ears and let out a laugh, almost forgetting that he had them.
"Well my friend,"Tahl started as he leaned against the boat,"I was born part of a caravan. When you become a man, which is eighteen, your ears are elongated. I'm surprise that you didn't recognise me by that. Some do from time to time." His fingers drifted away from his ears as he grabbed for his ponytail, stroking the ends like one would do a cat.
He continued,"My mother was a Fanalis. And my father was a human." He turned and smiled again.
"So I'm a halfling whose just kinda traveling around,"He added with a bit of a chuckle.

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier

"A traveler eh? Well then you and i have a lot in common. I'm originally from a nomadic tribe north of Balbadd. They are called the Loros, and we are all shepherds." Altair began to tell him stories from his younger years. how he was raised, what being a shepherd was like, and some of the beasts he fought as a boy with only a rod. These memories brought a genuine smile to his face.

The two traded stories, and throughout the months that followed became good friends. Upon reaching Reim, Altair bid farewell to his new friend, promising that he would see him again someday.

Tahl

Tahl
C-Tier
C-Tier

The crew shouted as the boat finally arrived in the Industrial Country. The Halfling was barely awake when his new friend mentioned about meeting each other again. It made him smile knowing that he had managed to gain an ally since his departure from Heliohapt.

He notified the captain that he would rest for only a few moments as they began to pull their merchandise from the boat. Shifting his weight against the boat, he closed his eyes and rested, sleeping for only an hour. After the time passed, Tahl stretched and stepped from the boat; thanking the crew and captain for his trip. Fixing the strap of his sword, he stepped from the boat, ready to explore the new wonders of the wonderful Country of Reim.
[exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum