Name: Water Dowsing
Tier: B
Cost: 30|15 Magoi Initial|Sustain
Element: Water
Class: Offensive
Range: 30 meters
Duration: 1-3 posts
Cool-Down: 5 posts
Description: Digging deep into the ground the caster is able to draw water from the soil and further underground from the aquifer directly. This water bursts out of the ground in a geyser motion, which would move upwards at 20 m/s. The size of the geyser would be up to 15 meters in diameter. Enough water to create a very small lake can be pulled up. It takes 10 seconds for the water to finish coming up. The upward explosion of this water carries with it stone and dirt, dealing B tier damage to anything caught within it. It may be sustained in the next post opening another hole in the ground and violently spewing forth water.

Name: State Transmutation
Tier: C
Cost: 20|10 Magoi Initial|Sustain
Element: Water/Ice
Class: Supplementary
Range: 20 m
Cool-Down: 3-4 posts
Description:
This spell can change the 3 states of water; water, ice and mist.  At this level the states can be interchanged freely. Converts up to 523 cubic meters of water (10 meter diameter sphere, which would be the size of a studio room) within 15 meters of the user, which converts at a rate of 15 cubic m/s.

Name: Water Gills
Range: 20 meters
Duration: 1-4 posts
Cool-Down: 3-5 posts
Description: This spell allows up to 10 individuals within 20 meters of the caster to breath under water. It does so by creating a bubble of air around the mouth and nose and eyes that is approximately .3 meters in diameter, absorbing oxygen from the water around it which originates from the wand/staff and moves to the targets at 15 m/s.

As for new abilities:

Name: Ice Explosion
Tier: A
Cost: 40 Magoi
Element: Concussion Magic (Ice+Sound)
Class: Offensive/Supplementary
Range: 40 meters
Duration: 1 post
Cool-Down: 7 posts
Description:
Concussion Magic: This combination of ice and sound creates concussions by using ice as shrapnel and sound magic as a violent force to shatter the ice and send it flying by producing multiple sonic booms in one place. All Concussion magic deals disorientation and brief deafness for one post to anyone caught in its effective range.

This spell creates a 1 meter diameter ball of ice that moves at the behest of the caster at a rate of 25 m/s. At the caster's will, the ball of ice explodes, blasting shrapnel and loud noise within a 25 meter diameter dealing A tier damage to anything caught within the explosion.

Name: Pressure Crusher
Range: 7.5 meter radius
Duration: 1-2 posts
Description: The user sends magoi out in a pulsation from their body, commanding the Rukh to create and maintain intense water pressure on any water that the pulsation crosses. The pulsation's starting point is created starting from an orb with a 2 meter radius from the user. The pulsation's effect goes outward in a 7.5 meter radius at 20 m/s from its point of origin. Anything caught in the pulsation takes B tier crushing damage before the effect is gone. If sustained, the effect is removed quickly and those who were in the spell's range take another B tier of damage from a phenomenon called 'the bends'.

Name: Ikken Hissatsu: Deep Sea Harpoon (River Styx Style)
Tier: A
Cost: 40|20 Stamina Initial|Sustain
Weapon Type: Body (Magoi Manipulation)
Range: Close
Cool-Down: 14 posts
Description: The user's arm becomes enforced by magoi, making it into a powerful weapon. The strength of this magoi supports every aspect of the arm, from the shoulder all the way to the tips of the fingers. The user of this technique shoots their hand through an opponent at 25 m/s and can potentially remove any 1 organ if the technique is not disrupted. The technique may be sustained in the next post in order to attempt the attack again.

Name: Nage Waza
Cost: 30 Stamina
Weapon Type: Body
Class: Offensive/Supplementary
Description: The user of this technique grasps an opponent with the use of one to two hands in order to throw them to the ground at a rate of up to 20 m/s, up to a distance of 15 meters away. The force of the impact causes up to B tier damage.

Name: Ukemi
Cost: 30 Stamina
Class: Defensive/Supplementary
Description: The user prevents up to A tier damage from a single attack, redirecting/redistributing blunt impact damage from the attack. If such a blow would send the user to the ground, the user may stand back up on their feet at 20 m/s.

Name: Shime waza
Cost: 30|15 Stamina Initial|Sustain
Description: Using one to two hands, the user places the opponent into a blood choke at 20 m/s by compressing one or both carotid arteries, and optionally the jugular veins while not compressing the airway. This keeps oxygen from going to their brain and dealing B tier damage through suffocation. This may be sustained in the next post to re-secure the choke hold and deal another B tier of damage to the opponent.

Last edited by Garret on 29/08/14, 08:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 28/08/14, 10:03 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ikken Hissatsu: Deep Sea Harpoon
-Movement speed is missing.

Nage Waza
-Are you sure you want the speed of the ability focused on the throw? This will mean that you must grab them with your normal speed before being able to execute it.

Ukemi
-This would only work on attacks where the damage is purely from your impact against something else and it wouldn't really work unless the surface you were impacting against was the ground. That being said, please update the wording to reflect it's limitations.

Shime waza
-Choke your opponent...how? This is too vague at the moment. Are you picking them up at arms length with your hand? Are you using your whole are in a chokehold from behind?

Kensetsu wa Hakai
-Once again, this is simply too vauge. It's one thing when you're creating an ability that is a flurry of strikes. But grappling is a very complex and precise skill. You'll need to be more specific about the technique you're performing so there can be a viable counter to it.

3Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 28/08/14, 10:09 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Flowing Blade Dance - would he need to indicate that he can block up to 15 attacks with a cOMBINED a-tier damage, so there is no confusion being able to block multiple a-tier attacks?

4Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 28/08/14, 10:33 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I made most of the edits. Didn't realize I forgot to add 'with hands' to the choke, and I also explained what type of target it was.

I did make minor edits to Kensetsu wa hakai, however I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for.

I intentionally wrote it vaguely because depending on the situation, hyperflexing a joint would require a different movement, and I'm certainly not going to restrict the technique to a 'if the opponent is lying on the ground and their hand is lying beside them' kind of move.

I honestly don't believe you meant me to describe it so that it can be limited to a single situation like the example above. However, I must state this for the benefit of expediency on the off chance that you did.

The technique is the Judo equivalent of a hammer user's B tier crushing blow that slams against a hand, arm, leg, foot, toe, finger, elbow, ankle. I assure you that I will RP what movements Garret uses when he goes about using this technique, just as a person with 'Sword Swipe' should describe where the blade's strike begins and what it is aiming for.

5Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 28/08/14, 10:53 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

tentatively pre-approved

6Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 29/08/14, 03:37 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Garret wrote:I did make minor edits to Kensetsu wa hakai, however I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for.

I intentionally wrote it vaguely because depending on the situation, hyperflexing a joint would require a different movement, and I'm certainly not going to restrict the technique to a 'if the opponent is lying on the ground and their hand is lying beside them' kind of move.

I honestly don't believe you meant me to describe it so that it can be limited to a single situation like the example above. However, I must state this for the benefit of expediency on the off chance that you did.

The technique is the Judo equivalent of a hammer user's B tier crushing blow that slams against a hand, arm, leg, foot, toe, finger, elbow, ankle. I assure you that I will RP what movements Garret uses when he goes about using this technique, just as a person with 'Sword Swipe' should describe where the blade's strike begins and what it is aiming for.

This would not be the same thing. Such a "sword swipe" or "hammer blow" would still have a set condition such as, "it's a horizontal attack" or "it requires the wielder jump into the air and perform a flip" which limits the ability to being a certain kind of technique. But the way you have this ability worded is that you can essentially perform ANY judo technique under the sun that causes hyper extension.

That is why I asked you to be more specific. Are you wrapping your legs around the target to hold them in place while you grasp the limb and pull like an arm bar? It needs to have that kind of specification so it isn't a go to move you can simply use to break a limb in any situation.

I hope you can see how unfair that would be considering the nature of a grappling technique. With your current wording all you need to do is grab someone. Then you can pretty much just instantly break their limbs. But if you give it more specific conditions then the unfairness becomes pretty much entirely mitigated. If you'd like to have more versatility when it comes to grappling, then make more abilities to cover multiple situations/positioning/angles/etc.

7Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 29/08/14, 08:39 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

My reasoning behind believing that the ability was fine as it was, was because it was actually already weak. As per the clashing rules, it is possible to clash any ability against another offensive ability used. There are no special situations other than magic elemental weaknesses and strengths.

In fact, the fact that this attack *only* targeted the joints of an opponent limited it greatly.

However, since the ruling is that each individual technique for specific situations must be registered as a different ability, I will have to pass and go for something much broader.

I edited in a new ability that is a simple punch, which can deal B tier damage, and removed the Judo technique. Bump for new ability/approval.

8Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 29/08/14, 08:59 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

An ability can't counter an ability that it's impossible to counter. For example, an ability that involves a forward rush and a stab would be unable to clash with an ability that shoots a ball over head that then rains icicle spears down on the opponent. The stab and player moves forwards. But the attacks come from above. The result would not be a clash.

That being said, if you grab someone and then execute a grappling technique at 20m/s, it's pretty much an autohit unless they have an ability that specifically gets rid of/attacks super close range opponents that doesn't require the use of the grabbed limb.

Anyways, all this is approved for training~

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Ice Explosion
[b]Tier:[/b] A
[b]Cost:[/b] 40 Magoi
[b]Element:[/b] Concussion Magic (Ice+Sound)
[b]Class:[/b] Offensive/Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] 40 meters
[b]Duration:[/b] 1 post
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 7 posts
[b]Description:[/b]
[i]Concussion Magic: This combination of ice and sound creates concussions by using ice as shrapnel and sound magic as a violent force to shatter the ice and send it flying by producing multiple sonic booms in one place. All Concussion magic deals disorientation and brief deafness for one post to anyone caught in its effective range.[/i]

This spell creates a 1 meter diameter ball of ice that moves at the behest of the caster at a rate of 25 m/s. At the caster's will, the ball of ice explodes, blasting shrapnel and loud noise within a 25 meter diameter dealing A tier damage to anything caught within the explosion.

[b]Name:[/b] Pressure Crusher
[b]Tier:[/b] B
[b]Cost:[/b] 30|15 Magoi Initial|Sustain
[b]Element:[/b] Water
[b]Class:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] 7.5 meter radius
[b]Duration:[/b] 1-2 posts
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 5 posts
[b]Description:[/b] The user sends magoi out in a pulsation from their body, commanding the Rukh to create and maintain intense water pressure on any water that the pulsation crosses. The pulsation's starting point is created starting from an orb with a 2 meter radius from the user. The pulsation's effect goes outward in a 7.5 meter radius at 20 m/s from its point of origin. Anything caught in the pulsation takes B tier crushing damage before the effect is gone. If sustained, the effect is removed quickly and those who were in the spell's range take another B tier of damage from a phenomenon called 'the bends'.

[b]Name:[/b] Ikken Hissatsu: Deep Sea Harpoon (River Styx Style)
[b]Cost:[/b] 40|20 Stamina Initial|Sustain
[b]Weapon Type:[/b] Body (Magoi Manipulation)
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 14 posts
[b]Description:[/b] The user's arm becomes enforced by magoi, making it into a powerful weapon. The strength of this magoi supports every aspect of the arm, from the shoulder all the way to the tips of the fingers. The user of this technique shoots their hand through an opponent at 25 m/s and can potentially remove any 1 organ if the technique is not disrupted. The technique may be sustained in the next post in order to attempt the attack again.

[b]Name:[/b] Flowing Blade Dance (River Styx Style)
[b]Cost:[/b] 30|15 Stamina Initial|Sustain
[b]Weapon Type:[/b] Blades
[b]Class:[/b] Defensive
[b]Description:[/b] The user deflects and defends against up to 15 attacks that deal up to a combined amount of A tier damage at 20m/s. The user may continue this movement through sustaining it.

[b]Name:[/b] Nage Waza
[b]Cost:[/b] 30 Stamina
[b]Weapon Type:[/b] Body
[b]Description:[/b] The user of this technique grasps an opponent with the use of one to two hands in order to throw them to the ground at a rate of up to 20 m/s, up to a distance of 15 meters away. The force of the impact causes up to B tier damage.

[b]Name:[/b] Ukemi
[b]Class:[/b] Defensive/Supplementary
[b]Description:[/b] The user prevents up to A tier damage from a single attack, redirecting/redistributing blunt impact damage from the attack. If such a blow would send the user to the ground, the user may stand back up on their feet at 20 m/s.

[b]Name:[/b] Shime waza
[b]Description:[/b] Using one to two hands, the user places the opponent into a blood choke at 20 m/s by compressing one or both carotid arteries, and optionally the jugular veins while not compressing the airway. This keeps oxygen from going to their brain and dealing B tier damage through suffocation. This may be sustained in the next post to re-secure the choke hold and deal another B tier of damage to the opponent.

[b]Name:[/b] Tidal Strike (River Styx Style)
[b]Duration:[/b] 1
[b]Description:[/b] The user strikes with their fist at a speed of 20 m/s, dealing B tier damage to whatever is hit with it.

9Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 01/09/14, 11:49 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

10Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 02/09/14, 07:53 am

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

~Approved
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Ikken Hissatsu: Deep Sea Harpoon (River Styx Style)
[b]Cost:[/b] 40|20 Stamina Initial|Sustain
[b]Weapon Type:[/b] Body (Magoi Manipulation)
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 14 posts
[b]Description:[/b] The user's arm becomes enforced by magoi, making it into a powerful weapon. The strength of this magoi supports every aspect of the arm, from the shoulder all the way to the tips of the fingers. The user of this technique shoots their hand through an opponent at 25 m/s and can potentially remove any 1 organ if the technique is not disrupted. The technique may be sustained in the next post in order to attempt the attack again.

11Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 03/09/14, 01:14 am

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

12Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 03/09/14, 07:47 am

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Approved~

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Ice Explosion
[b]Cost:[/b] 40 Magoi
[b]Element:[/b] Concussion Magic (Ice+Sound)
[b]Range:[/b] 40 meters
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 7 posts
[i]Concussion Magic: This combination of ice and sound creates concussions by using ice as shrapnel and sound magic as a violent force to shatter the ice and send it flying by producing multiple sonic booms in one place. All Concussion magic deals disorientation and brief deafness for one post to anyone caught in its effective range.[/i]

13Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 03/09/14, 10:55 am

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Slight change to one of the spells, for use of clarity when it is actually cast:

Name: Water Dowsing
Range: 30 meters
Description: Digging deep into the ground the caster is able to draw water from the soil and further underground from the aquifer directly. This water bursts out of the ground in a geyser motion, which would move upwards at 20 m/s. The size of the geyser would be a cylinder up to 15 meters in diameter and 15 meters tall. Enough water to create a very small lake can be pulled up. It takes 10 seconds for the water to finish coming up. The upward explosion of this water carries with it stone and dirt, dealing B tier damage to anything caught within it. The displacement of the stone and dirt leaves a 10 meter deep hole, 15 meters in diameter, in the ground where it had erupted from. It may be sustained in the next post opening another hole in the ground and violently spewing forth water.

Last edited by Garret on 03/09/14, 11:38 pm; edited 3 times in total

14Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 03/09/14, 11:37 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

15Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 04/09/14, 08:02 am

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Water Dowsing - approved for training

State Transmutation - training approved!
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] State Transmutation
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Cost:[/b] 20|10 Magoi Initial|Sustain
[b]Element:[/b] Water/Ice
[b]Class:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] 20 m
[b]Duration:[/b] 1-3 posts
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 3-4 posts
This spell can change the 3 states of water; water, ice and mist.  At this level the states can be interchanged freely. Converts up to 523 cubic meters of water (10 meter diameter sphere, which would be the size of a studio room) within 15 meters of the user, which converts at a rate of 15 cubic m/s.

16Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 05/09/14, 12:50 am

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

17Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 05/09/14, 09:21 am

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Approved~
Code:

[b]Name:[/b] Pressure Crusher
[b]Range:[/b] 7.5 meter radius
[b]Description:[/b] The user sends magoi out in a pulsation from their body, commanding the Rukh to create and maintain intense water pressure on any water that the pulsation crosses. The pulsation's starting point is created starting from an orb with a 2 meter radius from the user. The pulsation's effect goes outward in a 7.5 meter radius at 20 m/s from its point of origin. Anything caught in the pulsation takes B tier crushing damage before the effect is gone. If sustained, the effect is removed quickly and those who were in the spell's range take another B tier of damage from a phenomenon called 'the bends'.

18Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 11/09/14, 11:02 am

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

19Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 11/09/14, 11:13 am

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Approved~

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Water Dowsing
[b]Range:[/b] 30 meters
[b]Duration:[/b] 1-3 posts
[b]Description:[/b] Digging deep into the ground the caster is able to draw water from the soil and further underground from the aquifer directly. This water bursts out of the ground in a geyser motion, which would move upwards at 20 m/s. The size of the geyser would be up to 15 meters in diameter. Enough water to create a very small lake can be pulled up. It takes 10 seconds for the water to finish coming up. The upward explosion of this water carries with it stone and dirt, dealing B tier damage to anything caught within it. It may be sustained in the next post opening another hole in the ground and violently spewing forth water.

20Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 13/09/14, 11:51 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Changing the upgrade of [water gill] to a brand new spell instead of an upgrade: [Grand Dive]. This will take up an additional slot of my spell list instead of moving the water gill from D tier to C tier. Approval:

Name: Grand Dive
Description: This spell allows up to 10 individuals within 20 meters of the caster to breath under water. It does so by creating a bubble of air around the mouth and nose and eyes that is approximately .3 meters in diameter, absorbing oxygen from the water around it which originates from the wand/staff and moves to the targets at 15 m/s.

Code:
Name: Grand Dive

Duquin Delequa wrote:[10:53:23 PM] Duquin Delequa: You don't need permission to decide you don't want a spell you haven't trained yet.
[10:53:43 PM] Duquin Delequa: Nor do you need permission to post new spells
[10:53:46 PM] Duquin Delequa: So yeah...go for it

Grand Dive pt I
Grand Dive pt II
Grand Dive pt. III

Ukemi pt. I
Ukemi pt. II

21Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 14/09/14, 11:40 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

approved~

22Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 10/10/14, 10:26 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

23Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 13/10/14, 11:40 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

approved~

Code:

[b]Name:[/b] Nage Waza
[b]Description:[/b] The user of this technique grasps an opponent with the use of one to two hands in order to throw them to the ground at a rate of up to 20 m/s, up to a distance of 15 meters away. The force of the impact causes up to B tier damage.

24Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 15/10/14, 11:54 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Cost: 30|15 Stamina Initial|Sustain
Description: Using one to two hands, the user places the opponent into a blood choke at 20 m/s by compressing one or both carotid arteries, and optionally the jugular veins while not compressing the airway. This keeps oxygen from going to their brain and dealing B tier damage through suffocation. This may be sustained in the next post to re-secure the choke hold and deal another B tier of damage to the opponent.

Changing to:

Cost: 30|15
Duration: Sustain
Cool-Down: 5 posts or sustain+1

Code:

[b]Name:[/b] Shime waza
[b]Cost:[/b] 30|15
[b]Duration:[/b] Sustain
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 5 posts or sustain+1
[b]Description:[/b] Using one to two hands, the user places the opponent into a blood choke at 20 m/s by compressing one or both carotid arteries, and optionally the jugular veins while not compressing the airway. This keeps oxygen from going to their brain and dealing B tier damage through suffocation. This may be sustained in the next post to re-secure the choke hold and deal another B tier of damage to the opponent.

Trained Here:

https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t2349-analysis-of#11132

25Garret's new Techs  Empty Re: Garret's new Techs 16/10/14, 07:48 am

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

approved~

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: