New Status Effect

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Status Effect Empty New Status Effect 24/08/14, 07:29 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

So, I have a suggestion for a new status effect called "Immobilize".

The status effect will work in a very similar manner as Paralyze. The difference being that a paralyzed limb cannot be moved while an immobilized limb still has its functionality. This means that the person who is being immobilized has an opportunity to clash abilities with it, even if they were unable to at the time of the execution of the ability itself.

Due to the nature of immobilization, it would unfortunately only have a 1 post duration, and would need to be sustained for future posts. In light of this, I believe it would be fair to make a slight change to the number of limbs immobilized when compared to Paralysis.

Paralysis:

Immobilization:

2New Status Effect Empty Re: New Status Effect 24/08/14, 07:38 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Are you referring to something like being tethered to the ground? So if you break away whatever is holding you, you will be free? Just trying to make sure I understand.

3New Status Effect Empty Re: New Status Effect 24/08/14, 07:47 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

I don't like it being able to target more limbs than paralysis. I think D-tier should still only be one limb.

I would much rather weaken paralysis than strengthen immobilization. For example, instead of fully paralyzing a limb at D-tier, simply render it numb and cut any movement speeds used with it in half or something along those lines.

Thoughts?

4New Status Effect Empty Re: New Status Effect 24/08/14, 08:15 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Yes, it would essentially be tethering something in place. It wouldn't necessarily have to be to the ground, though.

For example, a strength spell could hold a limb in place just right where it was, not allowing the limb any movement. Also, a Judo practitioner would be able to pin a person onto the ground or hold a limb or two down, locking it up. I suppose there would probably be ways an Archer could accomplish it as well, such as pinning the person to a tree by hitting a piece of clothing or, if the tech is a high enough level, by pinning a body part to the environment.

I don't believe D tier paralysis particularly needs to be nerfed. If the primary concern is with immobilization targeting more limbs, then I would personally much prefer immobilization just being on the same level as paralyze techniques. Maybe return the duration to the same as the original, with the stipulation that if IC something happens that would make sense for the duration to no longer be in effect, then it would prematurely end. EX. If a judo technique pinned a guy to the ground, and it was good for 4 posts, but the guy performing the technique stood up after 2, then the immobilization is over.

5New Status Effect Empty Re: New Status Effect 26/08/14, 03:00 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Well seeing as D-tier cuts are tiny little scratches that barely bleed and D-tier burns are essentially sunburns, I think it makes sense that D-tier paralysis be reduced to simple numbing.

This would set the two(paralysis/immobilization) apart. Paralysis is by comparison easier to hit someone with in most cases, especially if magic is involved. Immobilization would be harder to land and maintain in general. Making the easier one weaker and the harder one stronger just makes sense to me.

Rebuttal?

6New Status Effect Empty Re: New Status Effect 26/08/14, 09:16 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

If the immobilization retains the duration, then no, I have no rebuttal.

If, however, the immobilization does not have a duration while the paralysis does, then you can't really call immobilization 'stronger' than paralysis.

7New Status Effect Empty Re: New Status Effect 26/08/14, 09:21 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

If paralysis is nerfed then it would be "stronger" because it would be able to bind more limbs with a lower rank. If D-tier Para is reduced to numbing a limb, then it would require C-tier just to paralysis on one full limb, so on and so forth.

8New Status Effect Empty Re: New Status Effect 26/08/14, 10:04 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

So B tier would paralyze 2 limbs, and A tier would be a full body paralysis? I see. Would immobilization target 1 limb, 2 limb, full body from B tier+? Then it would be a sustain in order to keep up the effect?

9New Status Effect Empty Re: New Status Effect 26/08/14, 10:44 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Now you're grasping what I was trying to suggest ;) How does that sound? I feel like it give a decent pro/con dilemma between paralysis and immobilization.

10New Status Effect Empty Re: New Status Effect 26/08/14, 10:49 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Yea, sounds pretty cool.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum