You are not connected. Please login or register

Mystery in the Night [job/solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mystery in the Night [job/solo] Empty Mystery in the Night [job/solo] 21/07/14, 07:01 pm

Lexiara

Lexiara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job Details:

Lexiara walked along the streets, humming happily to herself as she enjoyed the cool night air. As much as she typically enjoyed sunshine, she found the heat in this region punishing and preferred to do her exploration of the city once the sun had set. She was not paying attention and nearly fell into a girl hurrying through the city. The girl looked determined and slightly frightened as she stumbled into Lexi.

“I am ever so sorry, miss, I was not paying attention to where I was going,” Lexi was quick to apologize, resting a hand on the girl to stabilize her.

The girl flinched slightly from the touch and absently nodded her acknowledgement of Lexi’s apology. Lexi’s curiosity was piqued by the girl and she tilted her head to the side. “Can I help you, miss?”

The girl paused, only half paying attention before registering that Lexi had asked her a question. “Oh… um… do you know where I can find Mr. Shaw? I have a very important… document… yes… just… Can you help me find him?”

Lexi smiled helpfully and held out a hand to shake the girl’s. “Sure! I am fairly new around here, but I have gotten good at remembering roads. Do you know which street he lives on?”

The girl nodded and showed her a paper with an address on it and Lexi smiled, she recognized the street and began walking down the road. “That one is just down this way, follow me!”

[248/1000]

Lexiara

Lexiara
A-Tier
A-Tier

As they walked, Lexi subtly tried to get more details from the girl, she was naturally curious about everyone but did not want to offend with her nosiness. The girl continued with vague responses as they wandered down the street. Lexi took a wrong turn on accident and it led them in the opposite direction from the road she was hoping to get to. Once getting back in the right general direction, they continued, the girl looking more and more worried. Lexi frowned at the look of worry and was about to ask about why the other girl looked so worried when the girl stopped in the middle of the road. Lexi stopped beside her, confused, until she noticed three people melt out of the shadows in the road ahead of them. The girl was practically shaking in fear and stumbled to turn back and let out a soft cry. Two more people stepped into the road behind them, surrounding them.

Lexi cursed softly to herself, the fear the girl showed giving her no doubt as to the ill-intentions of the five individuals. Thinking quickly, she tugged the girl down a small alley between two houses, trying to find cover and her mind raced. Almost without thought, she pulled her bow from her back and nocked an arrow, still not sure how to handle the people that had the girl so scared. Combat was not her strongest suit, she hated the idea of hurting people, but it seemed as though she had little choice. She would not let these people hurt the girl she was trying to help.

[516/1000]

Lexiara

Lexiara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Lexi leaned around the corner of the alley and saw the two men from behind them about ten meters away while the three from the other side were still quite a bit farther down the road, around 40 meters or so. She directed her attention back to the two closer enemies and pulled back her bowstring, launching a regular arrow towards one of the arrows at 10m/s, the arrow finding its target as she quickly nocked another arrow. The enemy dropped back as the other person continued to move forward in calculated steps. She shifted for a better shot and groaned as she bumped something as she released another regular arrow, missing the shot completely.

Pulling back into the alley, she quickly ran her fingertips along her arrows until she located a fire arrow and tugged it free. In the process, she nudged the girl further into the alley, knowing the closest enemy would be at the entrance to the alley soon. She pulled her flint free and cursed as she struggled to light the arrow. A shadow at the entrance of the cave warned her of their safe spot being invaded, but she did not expected to see the enemy rush forward so quickly to strike out. Purely out of reflex she used Dash to propel herself away from the close proximity, landing about ten meters away and she wasted no time in striking her flint once more, the spark catching on the arrow as she prepared to fire.

Abilities Used:

[Stamina 190/200]
[766/1000]

Lexiara

Lexiara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Lexi steadied her aim, launching the Flame Shot at her opponent at 15m/s at the enemy which was about ten meters away but closing fast. She caused first degree burns when the arrow hit, dealing D-tier damage and the enemy fell. The girl stayed behind her the entire time, shaking but keeping silent. Lexi hurried to drag arrows from her quiver, remembering the three enemies still to face and nocked five arrows. The alley was barely wide enough for her to align her bow horizontally and she grumbled softly, edging backward cautiously. After seeing how quick the others were, she wanted as much distance between the girl and the enemies as possible. So far the girl was unscathed and she intended to keep it that way. When the enemies appear, she cursed. She could only get a clear shot on two of them, but she released her Multi-Shot without hesitation, three aiming for one of the enemies leading, two more aimed for the other visible enemy. The arrows traveled at 25m/s towards the two men who were about 20 meters away, two arrows striking each as the last arrow narrowly missed. It did not seem to matter, as the arrows did their job at taking down the two leading people. This left only one for her to take care of.
Abilities Used:
[Stamina 150/200]
[986/1000]

Lexiara

Lexiara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Lexi struggled to pull another arrow free, her body still firmly in front of the girl as she noticed the last enemy pulling his dagger free. She acted swiftly, launching a regular arrow at 10m/s at the man, the close distance and narrow alley not allowing him the chance to avoid the arrow and he tumbled to the ground. She made sure he would not stand up again before turning to the girl who had managed to make it out the other end of the alley by this point. She hurried to catch up, concern on her face. “Are you okay? Were you hurt?” She gave a sigh of relief when the girl shook her head. She had barely managed to catch her breath when a man came rushing up.

The girl’s face brightened at the sight of the man and shouted out for him. Mr. Shaw seemed relieved to find the girl in one piece and even more relieved when she produced the documents for him. After he thanked the girl, he turned and offered Lexi thanks. She accepted the thanks with a blush and smile, turning to the alley. “I’m not sure what they wanted, but I think she will be safe for now… I hope, anyways.” Mr. Shaw gave her a gruff affirmation, passing her a small bag with currency in it before he and the girl rushed off abruptly. She stood, baffled for a moment before shrugging and hurrying down the street to try and find a guard. Surely they would want to know about people being attacked in their city.

[Stamina 150/200]
[1251/1000]
[exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum