You are not connected. Please login or register

Deep Under the Ground

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Deep Under the Ground Empty Deep Under the Ground 14/07/23, 04:35 pm

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Deep beneath the hustle-and-bustle of Reim’s streets were the labyrinthine aqueducts, maintaining the water-supply without Reiman notice. But they held more than water, with the broad shadows hiding as many secrets as dewdrops on a spider’s web. One such secret was an underground laboratory, filled to the brim with septic tanks holding unknown contents. In front of one such tank stood a silver-haired man with a cane, observing the contents in absolute silence.

‘I have done as you requested, sir.’ He could see someone’s figure reflected in the amber-coloured liquid before him, black robes covering their face, ‘Have you acquired the sample?’ ‘Yes, sir.’ ‘Hand it over.’ ‘Yes, sir.’ Holding out his hand, the black-robed figure handed the silver-haired man a vial filled with purple strands and a scarlet liquid, ‘You are dismissed.’

‘Is that the research material from No. 333?’ A man wearing a white labcoat passed the black-robed figure on their way out, waving them an insincere goodbye with a cheshire-like grin on his face, ‘As you requested.’ Rubbing his hand in mock - or perhaps genuine - glee, the man in the labcoat tentatively reached for the vial held by the silver-haired man, ‘How’d you manage that?’ ‘I have some connections.' ‘It’s fine if you don’t want to tell me your secrets, y’know?’ ‘I have given you the sample. That is all you requested. I have no more reason to remain.’ ‘What, does this mean you still don’t like the facility?’ A flash of uncertain emotions broke through the silver-haired man’s pokerface, before it settled into place once more, ‘I will be leaving now.’ ‘Well, uhh, see you ‘round then!’

Shaking the vial with violent motions, he began to saunter down a row of amber-coloured tanks, ‘I wonder how effective this sample will be!’ Inside were vaguely humanoid shapes, arms and legs swimming through the murky liquid, but he paid them no heed, even as some cursed his name with silent throats, ‘If I’m right, this would be the sixth sample taken from No. 333, huh?’Arriving at six septic tanks grouped away from all the others, he stared into the amber-coloured liquid for a moment before sitting down at his desk, ‘Maybe this time it’ll work…’

…and the glassy-eyed stare of five bodies stared back.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum