Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Gaia's Cage
Tier: B-Tier
Class: Body Manip/Warrior Magoi Manip
Type: Defensive/Supplementary
Range: Short to Long
Requirements/Drawbacks: Can't be done in extremely close quarters, a minimum of .5m at the least. User can't be moving around and must remain in one place until the ability is over. Can only be used on a single target at a time. Requires Body Manip, Spriggan Physiology and Self-Contained Ecosystem traits. Must be able to make physical contact with the ground and cannot be wearing any coverings on her hands or feet.
Scaling: Number of targets
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 4 posts
Cost: 40 magoi/20 to sustain
Description:
    Menat infuses the roots and vines of her limb of choice, typically done with either her hand or foot, growing more with the help of her Spriggan Physiology and directing them down into the ground below her starting at a minimum of .5m and extending out to an optimal distance of about 60m in diameter from her. From here she directs them out to under her intended target. From here her tendrils erupt up from under her opponent, wrapping them up or forming a literal 3m cubed cage-like structure of interwoven vines and roots to produce a completely sealed container of B-tier durability for the target. Once her target is trapped small flowers appear either along the roots if they wrap around the target or inside of the cage if made that way. The flowers then disperse a special type of pollen with natural paralysing capabilities that induces B-tier paralysis to the target. If done while the target is wrapped up by her vines the cloud of pollen extends in a 2m radius compared to the enclosed cage becoming filled by the substance. Due to the magoi infusion of her roots the pollen also offers a secondary effect and disrupts the target's own rukh, preventing the use of spells and external magoi based abilities while inside the pollen cloud. The paralysis pollen from the flowers, as well as the rukh disruption, lasts for 3 posts while the vines and roots remain until the target is able to free themselves or be freed by another. By adding more magoi to the ability Menat is able to produce extra vines that can capture an additional 1 target per tier increased.

Last edited by Menat on 04/06/23, 01:46 am; edited 5 times in total

2Gaia's Cage Empty Re: Gaia's Cage 28/05/23, 07:14 pm

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

-There are 3 A-tier abilities worth of effects here. Even with the magoi manipulation special that is too much. The A-tier bark seems to make the least amount of sense with the rest of the ability but that is just my opinion and you could always keep it by lowering the potency of it or other aspects.
-Dispersing your magoi across some air borne pollen probably isn't going to cause magoi disruption in the typical sense. MM disrupts an opponents flow of magoi when invading their body. But if you spread it out like that it is more likely to have the effect of disrupting external magoi techniques. So this would be something like a hard counter to aura MM abilities and magic.
-If you would prefer the ability have the effect of disrupting a targets internal magoi flow we can talk about it as a possibility but that might require your pollen get inhaled.
-Range goes to long, but exactly how far away can this move be executed?

3Gaia's Cage Empty Re: Gaia's Cage 28/05/23, 09:49 pm

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Right then. Edited.

4Gaia's Cage Empty Re: Gaia's Cage 29/05/23, 06:22 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

1/2 Approved

5Gaia's Cage Empty Re: Gaia's Cage 03/06/23, 10:35 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

The concern I have with this is that it might do too much for a B Tier. Just going to explain a bit on my thought process so you understand where I'm coming from!

What I am referencing for my concern is that magoi manipulation only increases the strength of an ability by one tier but doesn't further allow additional functions unless the ability itself is A Tier. From my understanding, this ability as it is does the following:

1. An A Tier paralytic pollen infused with magoi manipulation.

2. A cage of undefined strength that traps the target in place.

I'm going to assume you want to keep the cage and I would be fine with approving this if it was brittle ( requiring a bare minimum of D Tier damage to break out of ). Alternatively, if you want the cage to be more durable, I'd ask for you to knock down the paralysis to B Tier effectiveness and give the cage B Tier durability to split it.

Other than that, I think it looks good.

6Gaia's Cage Empty Re: Gaia's Cage 04/06/23, 12:50 am

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Bumping

7Gaia's Cage Empty Re: Gaia's Cage 04/06/23, 01:47 am

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

2/2 APPROVED

Code:
[center][b]Gaia's Cage[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] B-Tier
[b]Class:[/b] Body Manip/Warrior Magoi Manip
[b]Type:[/b] Defensive/Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Short to Long
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Can't be done in extremely close quarters, a minimum of .5m at the least. User can't be moving around and must remain in one place until the ability is over. Can only be used on a single target at a time. Requires Body Manip, Spriggan Physiology and Self-Contained Ecosystem traits. Must be able to make physical contact with the ground and cannot be wearing any coverings on her hands or feet.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Number of targets
[b]Sustain:[/b] 0
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 4 posts
[b]Cost:[/b] 40 magoi/20 to sustain
[b]Description:[/b]
[list]Menat infuses the roots and vines of her limb of choice, typically done with either her hand or foot, growing more with the help of her Spriggan Physiology and directing them down into the ground below her starting at a minimum of .5m and extending out to an optimal distance of about 60m in diameter from her. From here she directs them out to under her intended target. From here her tendrils erupt up from under her opponent, wrapping them up or forming a literal 3m cubed cage-like structure of interwoven vines and roots to produce a completely sealed container of B-tier durability for the target. Once her target is trapped small flowers appear either along the roots if they wrap around the target or inside of the cage if made that way. The flowers then disperse a special type of pollen with natural paralysing capabilities that induces B-tier paralysis to the target. If done while the target is wrapped up by her vines the cloud of pollen extends in a 2m radius compared to the enclosed cage becoming filled by the substance. Due to the magoi infusion of her roots the pollen also offers a secondary effect and disrupts the target's own rukh, preventing the use of spells and external magoi based abilities while inside the pollen cloud. The paralysis pollen from the flowers, as well as the rukh disruption, lasts for 3 posts while the vines and roots remain until the target is able to free themselves or be freed by another. By adding more magoi to the ability Menat is able to produce extra vines that can capture an additional 1 target per tier increased.[/list]

Last edited by Solomon's Proxy on 04/06/23, 01:48 am; edited 1 time in total

8Gaia's Cage Empty Re: Gaia's Cage 04/06/23, 01:48 am

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Using a B-tier Ability Voucher to skip training this

9Gaia's Cage Empty Re: Gaia's Cage 04/06/23, 01:52 am

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier