A Rumble For the Ring [Sabin/B-Tier/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sabin

Sabin
β-Tier
β-Tier

Mission
Spoiler:

With Sabin looking at the job posting boards, it was basically like any other day. However, there was something that did manage to catch his eye. It was a job to claim a ring from a coliseum gladiator. Even more, the job post was from someone rather famous.

"Hey, Sabin, whose Knuckles Shi?"

Nar Samum's voice was emitted from the passionate immortal armor as Sabin studied the contract. It seemed to be something connected to a lot more than what was written on paper, more or less it was a job interview for something greater.

"He's a hero. One of the legendary gladiators in  Reim. With the reputation that he has as a great warrior, he can probably get a job anywhere or even give that Octavius guy from the red lion corps a run for his money. "

Or at the very least,  Knuckles was painted as a hero with the word of mouth that went around regarding his deeds. There was something else with the rumors that came with Knux.

"There was a rumor that he was also a battle-crazy maniac that was enlisting into wars and stuff like that for the sake of testing his skills. I mean, it's not too different from what I do as a bounty hunter. But I am a little more objective-based since it's linked to an actual job of some kind that I'm doing at the time. "

It was really hard to tell what was true or not, and it wasn't as if Sabin was going to investigate such a famous person. The rumors, unfounded or not, were just something that he had to confirm for himself.  

"This looks like an exciting opportunity. I'm not too sure what it's about, but I'm thinking of taking this job. It involves something related to the coliseum, that was something my father was a part of a long time ago."

Sabin beamed, wondering how it felt to be surrounded by the crowd like his father was with his legendary dragon.

"You miss him huh? Trying to live up to the expectations that were left behind? If you're a man, then you should just go with what you want to do. Take the job and see what you can do against a professional. "

Nar Samum's words were encouraging, he wanted Sabin to have the opportunity to experience his victories, as well as his potential failures if they ever came about. The bounce back of such things was a learning curve.

"Alright! This is a little out of the way, but If I treat it like any other job, it's just another day at the office. The only thing that I'll need to do is pick an opponent for myself and give it a go. "

Heading over to the coliseum with his gear in hand, Sabin marched with confidence that he would retrieve the ring. Or at the very least, retrieve the ring from someone he thought would have it.

"Now, who should I pick?"

502/1500

Sabin

Sabin
β-Tier
β-Tier

Opponent
Spoiler:

Breaker, a legendary figure within the coliseum, had amassed a formidable reputation through countless battles and harrowing trials. Renowned for his ability to shatter opponents' weapons, he struck fear into the hearts of those who relied on close combat. Recognizing this, Sabin saw Breaker as the perfect matchup, an opportunity for him to utilize his advantage by maintaining a safe distance. Furthermore, this was Sabin's chance to make a name for himself, showcase his skills, and prove his worth.

"Alright, this is the opponent I will face," Sabin affirmed, making his way to the central signup stage of the coliseum. He penned his name and patiently awaited his turn. Fortunately, Breaker accepted the challenge, displaying a willingness to fight Sabin. Although the reasons behind it eluded him, Sabin felt a sense of satisfaction, knowing he was progressing further on his quest. When his turn arrived, Sabin entered the coliseum armed with the tools at his disposal. Taking his position, he awaited the appearance of the legendary combatant, who wore a scowl on his face.

"You may claim to be a man, young one, but all I see is a mere boy," Breaker's voice carried a hint of concern, perhaps his version of benevolence. He despised witnessing the downfall of young souls on the battlefield. To Breaker, if Sabin proved to be weak, then the coliseum was not a place meant for him.

However, Sabin's determination remained unyielding. Meeting Breaker's gaze with steadfast resolve, he retorted, "Breaker, while I understand that determination alone is insufficient for survival, my arrows beg to differ! You are nothing more than a challenge I must overcome, and I will prove it to you as I ascend to become the number one bounty hunter!"

Breaker's scowl deepened, his eyes narrowing as he assessed Sabin's confidence. He had faced countless opponents in the coliseum, but rarely had he encountered someone so young with such unwavering determination.

"You speak boldly, young archer,"
Breaker replied, his voice tinged with a mix of amusement and skepticism. "But mark my words, the coliseum is no place for dreams. It is a realm of blood and steel, where only the strong survive. Let us see if your arrows are as sharp as your tongue."
With a flick of his wrist, Breaker unsheathed his short sword and held up his shield. Its polished blade shimmered under the coliseum's gladiatorial lights, reflecting the intensity of the moment. The crowd held its breath, anticipation hanging in the air like a tangible force.

As the battle commenced, Sabin instinctively distanced himself, employing his agility to maintain a safe perimeter. He swiftly nocked an arrow, drawing his bowstring with practiced precision. With a focused gaze, he released, sending the projectile hurtling through the air toward Breaker. Using the basic arrow shots as cover, Sabin started to use Lethal aim, scaling it to A-tier ability damage before firing it at the knee of the warrior.

But Breaker was no ordinary adversary. He deftly raised his sword, intercepting the arrow mid-flight with a resounding clash with his deflecting parry. The force of the impact caused the crowd to gasp in awe. It was a testament to Breaker's legendary skill. the arrow was strong and did do some damage, but not enough to warrant a defeat. With that Breaker started to charge forward at Sabin.

Sabin's eyes widened in surprise, realizing that his typical strategy of keeping a distance might not be enough against such a formidable opponent. As Breaker prepared his crushing rush, Sabin quickly adapted and used his Draugr's Visage from the reveant's blessing, employing his agility to keep moving with C-tier fanalis flight and a blizzard to take away the close combat edge from breaker, evading Breaker's powerful swings. With each dodge, he unleashed arrows, aiming not for Breaker's body, but for his sword.

One after another, the arrows struck Breaker's weapon with precision. Though the individual strikes did not incapacitate him, they gradually weakened his grip, causing his grip to falter with each basic shot. The legendary sword that had shattered countless weapons began to show signs of strain under Sabin's relentless barrage of 10 basic shots.

Sensing an opportunity, Sabin seized the moment. He unleashed a volley of arrows, aiming for Breaker's exposed torsow with the combined force of double tap and a scaled double impact to B tier damage. Breaker, now struggling to regain control of his sword, attempted to deflect the projectiles, but some managed to find their mark. Pain seared through his body, and he staggered, his strength waning.

With renewed determination, Sabin closed the distance, drawing his bowstring back one last time. His aim was true as he released the arrow, and it found its mark in Breaker's weakened shoulder. The legendary combatant let out a bellow of defeat, his sword slipping from his grasp as he fell to his knees.

The coliseum erupted in a cacophony of cheers and applause. Sabin's victory over Breaker had surpassed all expectations. The young archer stood tall, his chest heaving with exertion, yet a radiant smile graced his face.

As the dust settled and the crowd's exultation subsided, Sabin approached the fallen Breaker, extending a hand to help him up. Despite their fierce battle, there was a newfound respect between them.

"Your skill is truly remarkable,"
Breaker admitted, accepting Sabin's hand and rising to his feet before giving him the ring. "You have proven yourself in the coliseum. May your journey as a bounty hunter be as formidable as your prowess in battle."

Sabin nodded, gratitude evident in his eyes. "Thank you, Breaker. Your wisdom and strength have taught me valuable lessons today. I will carry them with me on my path."

With that, Sabin turned to the crowd, their cheers echoing in his ears. He knew that this victory was just the beginning. The coliseum had witnessed his triumph, and word of his skill would spread far and wide. Sabin had taken his first step toward becoming the number one bounty hunter, and the challenges that awaited him in the future would only serve to forge him into an even greater warrior.

WC 1500/1500
abilities used
Spoiler:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum