You are not connected. Please login or register

Meeting a Serpent Demigod [Plot]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Kina's night sky was a place of contrasts, where the tranquil sky masked the turmoil within the country; the perfect cover. The sky was a canvas of deep blues and purples, the stars twinkling like diamonds. The air was cool and crisp, carrying with it the salty tang of the sea. The sound of the waves crashing against the shore was a soothing whitenoise.

The facade of night was permeated by the soft glow of lanterns that cast flickering shadows against the buildings. The streets were quiet, with only the occasional sound of footsteps or a carriage passing by. The structures were made with a mixture of wood and stone, with carvings and decorations along the trim.

The abyss of the ocean was a dark, mysterious presence. The sound of the waves were like a heartbeat, a noise familiar from Kina's vault. As the area seemed to settle and fall asleep, Eight was ready to make his moves. He stood at the shore of the pristine beach, the waves gently lapping at his feet. He held the Diving Bell in his hand, with gilding contrasting against cobalt glass. His gaze panned over the water one last time before ringing the tool¹, as the tone echoed across the ocean.

From the mouth of the bell, water would begin to seep, eventually spilling out similar to that of a faucet. The living water would pool, bubble and churn as it would take it's signature shape of an arachnid. The solo Eight would step into the air bubble contained inside the construct with authority as a cushion of living water would spawn beneath him as he took a seat.

The diving bell spider would slowly step, each leg moving in tandem with a unique pair, pushing through the beach sand into the horizon before making a 180 degree turn once submerged sufficiently  underwater and using its blinding speed to navigate underwater as if hopping, rather quietly. As Eight travelled through the depths, he could see the partially illuminated port.

The spider would climb onto the port, walking down the length of planks to the crossroads of infrastructure at the center of this hidden harbor. This was a place where Eight was destined to discover many more secrets. Ringing the bell once more to dispel the spider. A small wave would traverse the skin of the construct before a gentle pop causing a small splash of water.

Eight stood in the dimly lit chamber deep within the subterranean harbor of Kina, his eyes scanning the shadows as he took in the grandeur of his new base of operations. This harbor was an intricate network of tunnels and caverns, partially carved into the cave artificially, but also placed and guarded by the natural features. The sound of the ocean rang throughout the chambers along the gentle lapping of waves against the docks with a soft gurgling of underground rivers seemed to create a symphonic atmosphere that reminded him of Ipos. The air was thick with the musty scent of damp earth and the brine taste of the ocean.

As he looked around, he couldn't help but feel a sense of satisfaction. He had worked hard to gain control of this strategic location, and now it was his, a symbol of his power and ambition. He had recently been drawn to the underground, the hidden places of the world that held secrets and mysteries yet to be uncovered. And now, with the subterranean harbor under his command, he had access to a wealth of resources and opportunities, familiar to stories of old gods of the underworld.

Eight held the Last Rites in his hand, the powerful artifact that would allow him to pull someone from the Great Flow and have his personal inquisition.  He knew that this was a dangerous tool, and one that should be used with caution. A powerful weapon, but one that could easily have its retribution against him if he was not careful. He closed his eyes, focusing his energy into the scroll, channeling the power of Reincarnation², magic he was more than familiar with. As he poured magoi into the scroll, it felt as if the saline, chalky tattoo on his chest would grow brighter as it became a focal point for the spell.

"It is time."

¹ Using Diving Bell Magic Function, The Diving Spider. [10 Magoi]
² Using Last Rites Magic Function, Requiem Of The Pallbearer [50 Magoi]
[490 / 550 Magoi]

The Diving Bell:

Skin of the Serpent Demigod:

Last Rites:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

From the ground rose a great coffin, it's pallbearers bringing forth the visage of the figure Hyperion had called forth. He had not known what fate was bringing upon his doorstep, for the secrets of the Torran, of the life Vine lived were not so easily trodden on. It was so lucky for him, it wasn't exactly the life of the djinn he was peering into, but that of the Serpent Demigod. It was but a name attached to an item, but to every name, there was a story, this was not one for the faint of heart. A few times, he and others had shared words with those who had seen the horror of words lost, but here was a soul lost but protected by his honor, and duty to his people.

The rukh circled the coffin, banging on the lid as it was begging, calling forth for that who dared to summon him. A voice, raspy, filled with dread, disdain even for being beckoned would rattle the air. "Who dares to disrespect my sacrifice, my life to call upon me in the small semblance of rest I have been gifted for my service? Answer honestly, in turn, I shall answer any three questions." The voice refused to show it's the face for now. it was much willing to offer more, to teach, as it was beckoned by the magic item to do so. First, he had to know of the man, what he was called for, and what he may have wished to know. The questions and desires of his summoner could very much affect the outcome of what would be offered.

The Zombie had to be sure of the significance of this moment, it was rare the rukh gathered so great in a flock that it was visible to those without the rukh's blessing. There was the presence of the unnamed owner of the armor, a grand title such as demigod already spoke a lot of an individual. It could be felt, it was more than just a man or a woman. A living legend was before the slaver, he had an option that scholars would die for, warriors and mystics alike had trained for. Still, he had to earn the right to see this demigod to hear their true name.

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Eight stood before the great coffin, held aloft by its pallbearers, staring in awe at the visage of the figure Hyperion had summoned. He was unsure of what fate had brought him to this moment. However, fortune had favored him once more. The entity that had boasted the mark that Eight now proudly bore on his chest had come to life, with fury in its voice.

Eight gazed at the figure in awe before steeling his resolve and preparing his mind. The zombie had to be cautious, for he was facing a being of immense power, with knowledge and experience beyond what he could imagine. He knew that each question he asked would have consequences, and he weighed his words carefully before speaking.

"I have summoned you, Demigod!
I who bears your legacy!
I am Shishi!

Eight now knew better than to lie to these divine entities. To him, this might as well have been a djinn. His cunning was determined to be as efficient as possible, to seek as much power as possible, but his curiosity had won out.

"Who are you? I have summoned you because the mark on my chest has become a part of me, yet I know not the name, history or significance of the whence it came."

Eight was awed by the impact of this moment, for the Rukh to pull a body from the great flow and deliver it to him at his authority. The presence of the unnamed owner of the armor, with a title such as demigod, spoke volumes about the individual. It could be felt that this was more than just a man or woman, for a living legend was before the slaver. Eight had an opportunity that king candidates would risk their lives for, but he had earned the right to see and learn from the demigod.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"I can sense the truth into your words, as long as you hold for our exchange I shall honor you with as well. I am Python, the youngest of Vine's five sons, and the sworn sword of the realm." He spoke with a sense of honor of a duty long past. Something he was more than well aware of, still he carried those memories with him. Maybe this man wished to honor him or only desired power. He cared not for his desires as long as they spoke to each other man to man. That was the basis for all great deals.

"My legacy, my history is lost to time besides myself. In my prime, I help build up the world for my people, and in my death, I gave them peace before the darkness washed over us all. If you wish to bare my mark, to do more than just wield my power then it is a conviction for a kinder, safer world you must wish. To be the snake that is hated, to maintain balance and control of the world's ecosystem. For, a sneaky beast is best for felling foul creatures." As his words boomed the coffin would begin to crack, splitting open to unveil. It was a shell of a man, a skeleton with wisps of snakes upon his skull.

As it began to stare into Shishi he would see golden ghostly flesh seem to appear around him. His visage came into sight, rushing towards Hyperion, a great wind of his Rukh flooding over the man. "That info I shall give you as a courtesy, now ask your questions, if you wish to do one at a time then so be it. Time is of no issue to me. "

Meeting a Serpent Demigod [Plot] 5b181a7824bbf594107ebbc13d97561b

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum