You are not connected. Please login or register

Meeting again [Plot/Endolf/Private]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Merrze waited at the dock for her apprentice, she sent him a note awhile back and wondered if he would be coming. She had checked the dock everyday for about a half hour then would leave. Today she had been told that the ship he would be on if he was coming would be arriving, apparently the captain had sent a messenger bird to the city saying that it would arriving in Kou soon, it had been awhile since she had last seen Endolf so she hoped he was okay at the time. If he was on this ship she would be elated, now with some time on her hands she would be able to help him get stronger and maybe learn a thing or two herself. If she wanted to rule she needed companions and she hoped that he would eventually become one of them.

As the fanalis looked on her white haired flowed in the wind, she saw the ship appear and it was getting close to the port. Hopefully the boy was on it so that they could reunite and begin their training again. She would most likely just run basic drills with him at first to check his physical condition. After the test runs and such she would then start his official training and start teaching him the Miathios style. Hopefully he was prepared to learn, she would be pushing him as hard as she could, the girl hoped to see him blossom into a fine warrior.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Meeting again [Plot/Endolf/Private] OJgAYLo

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Endolf sighed as he walked along the streets of Kou once again. The young Fanalis was beginning to think these daily attempts at finding Merrze were starting to become pointless. A while back, not long after the girl had agreed to take him up as her student, he had received a letter from her saying she had come to Kou and hoped he’d follow her there so they could begin his training. After getting permission from the higher ups in the Fanalis corps to take some time away from Reim he hopped a boat over to Magnostadt and made his way over into Kou. During the trip he had spent a lot of time thinking things over about him and Merrze. Did he really want a teacher that would run off on him the first chance she got?

Honestly Endolf had felt bad about the whole thing the entire way over to Kou. It had become even worse when he realized that she hadn’t told him where or how to meet with her once he reached Kou, causing him to wonder if she even really did want to teach him or if she really was trying to avoid him. The past several days had been filled with empty searches for the Lioness, it seemed like nobody in Kou had heard of the girl’s title from the Reim coliseum. Making his way towards the docks he decided that today, rather than spend more time trying to find Merrze without any real leads, he would take the opportunity to reflect on his choices lately. The decision to make Merrze his teacher had impacted him far more than he had expected it to and now he wondered if any of it was worth dealing with.

Arriving at the port he still seemed a bit absent minded as he scanned over the docks for a suitable place to seat himself. Fortunately he seemed to find the perfect spot but it seemed there was already a woman standing there looking out to the sea. Deciding to approach her he cleared his throat and spoke to the white haired woman.

“Excuse me, do you mind if I sit here with you? It’s a good view and it seems like a good spot to do some thinking.”

Meeting again [Plot/Endolf/Private] QiwNJGW

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As the girl was waiting she heard a voice asking if they could sit next to her. The girl turned around to look at the figure to see that it was her apprentice Endolf. He didn't seem as if he came from the boat. That means he most likely got to the country by walking or some other boat that she did not know about. The fanalis had a happy expression when she saw the boy so she walked close to him and gave him a hug to show her appreciation that the boy had actually came to Kou so that they could train together. The fanalis wondered how he had been since the two of them had last talked. Now that they were together though they would be able to do all sorts of things together.

"Endolf it's good to see you, first I would like to apologize for leaving you without any notice but I was in a rush to get her, though I know that is not a viable excuse. So first how are you and how were your travels to Kou? Have you been training your physical condition to make sure that you stay strong? Sorry for all the questions, how about we sit and talk for a bit, maybe get some food since I assume you're probably hungry right now."

She was a little excited, it was most likely because she had missed him, normally she wasn't like this but she was curious on how he was doing. Then again this was probably good, she was nice and curious now but when it started to come to his training she was going to be rough on him, she would have to if she would want him to get stronger. It would be her job to foster his ability and help develop what he was good at, he was slightly small in stature then again the fanalis sometimes forgot she was as tall as or taller than most human or fanalis men, she was a rather tall woman.

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Endolf wasn’t exactly prepared when the woman turned to face him and then proceeded to approach and hug him. She even addressed him by name and said it was good to see him before she launched into a series of questions. The whole situation was making him feel a little bit uncomfortable really. He had to take a few minutes when she let go of him to examine her before he realized who it was that was asking him all these thing.

“M-Mer?”

The young Fanalis gulped. His chest felt like someone had dropped a block of lead in it as he found the very woman he had come here to think about cutting ties with standing right before him. Now he was uncertain as to how he should handle the situation at hand. He certainly hadn’t expected to run into Merrze here of all places and so randomly at that.

“Y-yeah. We can get something to eat.”

The young boy went quiet as he tried to look away from her. The fact that she had openly admitted to running off on him hadn’t made him feel any better.

“Well, I guess you get to pick where we eat.”

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

She patted the boy on the head, she could tell he was nervous or something seemed wrong. She could tell by his tone of voice. She had no idea what was troubling the youth but hopefully they could discuss things and get whatever was on his mind settled so they could both enjoy their time in Kou. She did come here with Lagi but the beast tamer would do his own business and she would do hers. She had no idea how long she would be in this country but in the time she would spend here she would make sure to get the boy stronger, she would also increase her own strength and improve upon herself bit by bit.

"So if you don't have any accommodations you can stay with me at the inn where I'm currently living. There's another bed in there because they didn't have any other rooms at the time but that means you can rest there. For food I know this nice stand that has good noodles that I've started to get interested in since I've come to Kou."

She walked to their location guiding the boy, she would hope that some conversation would spark so that it would not be a boring or silent walk. If needed the fanalis would ask him some of the earlier questions, hopefully he wouldn't be too bothered by him. She was just wondering how the young fanalis had been doing in the time span in which they were separated. He might have heard or seen interesting things since the boy had arrived in the country.

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

After a pat on the head from the taller woman she began to start going on about if Endolf had any accommodations for his stay in Kou and that if he didn’t he was free to come stay with her in the inn she had been staying at. She said that they had provided her a room with an extra bed due to not having any others available at the time so he was free to use it if he wanted. After that she began to tell him about how she had taken an interest in a particular noodle stand since coming here to Kou. Following behind her as she started to walk he guessed that was where she was bringing him. For several moments he remained silent as they walked, unsure how to dump everything he had been thinking about on her after randomly walking into her after several days of empty searching.

“Your hair was still red when you tested me.”

That was the first thing he could talk to her about. How her crimson hair was now white. Even mentioning that felt awkward to him given his current emotional unbalance.

“What, uh, what happened with that?”

He really was feeling uncomfortable right now.

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

She was slightly surprised by the question that her apprentice had asked about her hair but at the same time she wasn't. Most people would wonder what had happened to her hair and she was embarrassed to share what exactly had happened. Most people would look at her failure and see her as weak instead of the stronger person she was trying to become. She wouldn't tell the boy the story but she should at least tell him what caused it or else there would seem to be some lack of trust between the two fanalis. The warrior wanted them to have a healthy master-student relationship after all

"Well I guess I should at least tell you about it, I don't feel like sharing the entire story in public so I'll I can really say is that my hair turned white from a traumatizing experience. I'll explain it in detail later but now is not the time."

As she walked with her apprentice she saw the booth up ahead, she approached it and looked what they were selling. She looked at the meats, they had good selections but the girl had decided that she would just buy some pork kebabs. She hoped the boy would order his fill so then they could have a good talk.

"I'll have two pork kebabs for myself, End get whatever you want to eat and don't worry I'll pay for the food."

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

End would only nod his head silently as she answered his question in the most basic way that she wanted to. He understood it was a traumatic experience that had turned her hair white so she obviously wouldn’t want to go into extensive details while they were just out walking around. He really didn’t respond to her verbally so if she wasn’t looking at him it would be hard to judge if he had been paying attention or not. A few minutes later he could see what seemed like a food stand and it was apparent Mer had also because she started making her way over to it and looked at the menu. Logically he assumed it was the noodle stand she had been talking about and started giving it a look over himself.

Having ordered two pork kebobs for herself Mer told Endolf to order whatever he wanted and not to worry about the cost, claiming she’d pay for his food as well. Looking over the noodles section of the menu he decided with a nod.

“A large pork ramen.”

He figured to go to a noodle stand and not order noodles would be a waste. Taking a look around he wondered if there was anyplace close that they’d be able to sit while they ate, he didn’t think standing around eating a bowl of noodles would be healthy or normal.

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The girl ate her food, quickly, sure it seemed odd to not get noodles but that's mainly because first she wanted to try out these meat kebabs since she had never had them before. She had a big appetite so she was going to eat more and it didn't help that the fanalis hadn't eaten all day, though it's not as if it was late in the day. She did feel like that now was a good time to eat her fill so that they would have more time to relax and eat food. If they just sat here for awhile it would most likely set a comfortable environment so the two of them could talk.

"Now I would like a seafood ramen if possible, I heard it's really good so I also felt like trying that today."

She would wait for the food to be presented in front of her, she would eat her food as she would try to start conversation. She was going to see whatever was bothering the boy and talk things out with him so it could be solved. If he didn't want to talk about it all she would give him time and wait She had her own problems that she was hiding so it was perfectly normal if her apprentice had a few things that he didn't want his master to know about but since she was his master she had to make sure he was well so that he could do his best.

"So, what seems to be bothering you Endolf?

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

As Endolf waited for his food he could hear Merrze eating her kebabs surprisingly quickly while he looked off to the side, cheek resting in his palm and elbow propped up atop the table he had spotted. He hadn’t imagined his reunion with his supposed teacher going this way in all honesty. Then again he hadn’t expected to be reuniting with her in a foreign country at all. It had been his belief that they’d be reunited in the Fanalis corps after he joined at the woman’s suggestion and that his first training session would be with her and not one of her subordinates. With a small sigh he turned to the steaming bowl that had just been placed in front of him rather unexpectedly. He thought he’d have to get up himself and retrieve his order when it was done. As he went to take his first bite Mer placed another order for herself, this time a bowl of seafood ramen, and then asked him what was bothering him.

The question had almost made him spit his noodles back out. She had been so on-point about it and rather blunt with her question that he was stunned for a moment. With another sigh he decided to get it off his chest and address his problems.

“This whole “having a teacher” thing hasn’t gone as I expected it would.”

He began, placing the chopsticks across the top of his bowl so he wouldn’t be distracted by the rather delicious dish in front of him that he’d rather be eating more of.

“You said I passed your test and you were taking me on as your student so I joined the Fanalis corps like you had suggested, then instead of having any training with you I got stuck with one of your underlings. I didn’t even know you had come to Kou until I randomly got a letter from you. In all honesty it makes me feel like crap that I had to come chase you down a second time to start with, let alone come to another country completely to do it. Walking across Magnostadt to get here sucked ya know. And don’t even get me started on trying to track you down. I’ve been here over a week and spent almost every day trying to find you since I got here.”

He paused for a moment to let it all sink in. Of course he had more to say to her but he needed a moment to breathe.

“I guess the question I’ve been wondering the whole trip here is, do you even want to train me? Honestly, the only reason you ran into me at the docks was because I was debating giving up searching for you and just going back to Reim to find a teacher that actually does want to teach me.”

It was a bittersweet statement. On one hand Endolf felt great because he didn’t have the stress of that pent up frustration weighing down on his chest but on the other hand he felt horrible about how he was talking to the woman sitting across from him.

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The fanalis had a calm expression as she listened to him speak about what was worrying him. She just listened to his troubles and ate her food slowly. She was glad that he had decided to talk about what had been troubling him, of course he felt this way after she hadn't done anything with him, she hadn't been a very responsible teacher. She had been preoccupied with a few things in her life but that was no reason for her to abandon him in away. She had to take responsibility and trained him like she planned too. She had no plans to abandon him but the white haired girl could clearly understand why it might have felt that way to him. She had no idea why the boy hadn't been able to find her since the letter should've had her address written on the envelope.

"Of course I still want to train you, I said I was going to train you so I plan to stick with it. I can understand why it may seem like I abandoned you and I basically did. I had many things on my mind and that time so focusing was hard, there are still a few things that are bothering me and I know that is no excuse. You should have been able to find me with the letter, I've been waiting for you to arrive because I've felt bad for leaving you."

The fanalis took a quick break after speaking and ate a bit more of her food before continuing her explanation.

"Endolf I still want to train you, if you can forgive me for abandoning you and allow me to teach you I will do my best to help you blossom into a strong warrior. I will not leave you again, if you will stay by my side I would be very happy. I will not leave you and I will make sure to include you into my plans, If I plan on leaving Kou I will consult you first so that we can both prepare ahead of time."

She would try to be a dedicated master and teach the boy whatever she knew. He was her apprentice so it was her responsibility to help him grow as a warrior. The warrior would also help the fanalis boy grow as a person, she didn't know if that was the normal but it was what her master had done for her so she was going to the same for the child that sat next to her.

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Endolf paid Merrze attention as she responded to his problems with their relationship so far. Apparently, unlike him, Mer seemed able to continue eating while she spoke and it made him question just how seriously she was taking the whole situation right now. She began by claiming that she still wanted to train him and that she was committed to it because she said she was. After that she openly admitted to abandoning him like she did and claimed she had a lot going on when it happened. That struck him. It was here she began eating again and Endolf had a chance to let her explanation sink in.

Once she stopped eating for the moment she began speaking again and by now Endolf himself had begun to take part in the bowl of noodles in front of him. She told him how she still wanted to train him and if he could forgive her for what she had done and allow her to train him then she’d make sure she would help him grow as a person and a fighter. She promised him she wouldn’t leave his side and abandon him, that if he were to stay by her side she’d be happy and if she ever had to leave and go somewhere she would consult him first and give them both time to prepare for it.

He remained silent for another minute or two as he finished off his bowl of slightly cold noodles and pondered what she had just told him. Endolf took a heavy breath and began to speak to his supposed teacher again.

“So basically you’re telling me that you ended up having to deal with a lot of stuff and because of that you decided to run away from the person you decided to take on as a student?”

Shaking his head he still found that a hard concept to grasp.

“So if this already happened once, where you get stuck with dealing with a lot of stuff at once again, how do I know you won’t do this again? I understand it as I should do us both a favor and call it all off here and now that way you get one less problem to deal with and I can go find a teacher that won’t up and abandon me.”

Giving her a serious stare he brought the bowl to his lips and began to drink in the broth that remained from the noodles. One of the few moments Endolf broke down his façade of childishness and foolishness to be completely serious about the topic at hand. He didn’t like acting this way but right now it was needed and his question delivered that lack of his typical appearances.

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Merrze clenched her fist and looked at the boy with an honest and stern expression. She knew she had no excuses for what she had done but she would continue to apologize about it. She was in the vault but she wouldn't leave anyone like that again. She was going to change and become stronger, she was going to grow as a person and one of the things she had to do was become more responsible. She promised that she was going to train and she was going to stay true to her word, just because something bad had happened to the fanalis it didn't mean the world stopper turning.

"I can promise you I won't abandon you or anyone else again like that, I was weak at the time , it was wrong for me to do and it is unforgivable. I will not be weak like that again, I'm going to be strong so that I can fulfill my responsibilities and accomplish my goals, I will not let something like that happen again. And my mind is set even if I encounter the person that broke me, because next time we meet I plan to snap his neck and make a statement to all of the men that follow him."

She hoped she had gotten her point across to him, she had a passion in her heart now. Even if the past hurt her she wouldn't let that pull her back, she knew that if she wanted to get anything done she had to at least try.

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Endolf paused in the consumption of his broth once Merrze began talking again, her words has caught his attention more than he thought they would. Especially considering the fact that they seemed to not really mash up with the topic at hand. Sure it began with the fact that she, once more, promised him that she wouldn’t abandon him again. He had been expecting that much, it seemed hardly many people could be entirely apologetic when using words to try and make amends for doing someone else a horrible wrong. But it was her words after her declaration of never abandoning him nor anyone else again that had caused him to fix his eyes on her with an unnatural focus.

She started going on about a man and how she wouldn’t be weak and get stronger so that she wouldn’t abandon her responsibilities and accomplish her goals. How she’d snap the man’s neck if she met him again rather than, what he was assuming was, running away. It seemed like he had caused a huge impact on the girl as she claimed he had broken her. When she once again went silent Endolf took it upon himself to finish draining the bowl that had been sitting pressed against his lips. That part of him that had grown up too fast and become an adult before he was ready analyzed Merrze and the situation her was finding himself in. The question was still bouncing around inside his skull.

‘Should I believe her?’

Not trust but believe. With the childhood he lived Endolf didn’t exactly share a sense of “trust” like most people did. In fact, if he had to say it was more like he didn’t have any trust in anyone besides himself. After all, it wasn’t anyone else that had freed him from his horrible life but himself. He had trusted in the fact that he had known his former master well enough to gamble with his very life for his own freedom. It was his trust in himself that he would be able to find a meaning to that life after taking such a risk and make it worth it. From the beginning he hadn’t put any trust in anyone else, not the master that would decide what to do with him on a day by day basis, not his mother that had been a victim of that horrible man’s madness, and not Mer who’s promise to train him back in Reim proved to be hollow words that had now brought him back to Kou.

Putting the bowl back down on the table between them the young Fanalis sighed. He had made a decision but he was almost willing to put money down that he would come to regret it later. Turning away from Merrze he held the now empty bowl out towards the stand operator.

“Hey mister! Lemme get another helping over here! And some of those pork kababs too! My teacher here says she’s got it covered.”

Turning back to face Mer he gave her a smirk, hoping the message got through to her. Facing her with his whole body once more the air around him seemed to shift from tense back to normal as did his very personality.

“We’ve still got some catching up to do and I can still go for some more food.”

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"I'll take a pork ramen sir!"

She was glad that she somewhat seemed able to convince him to stay with her. There was a chance things would get rough since it would be hard to earn his trust but she would try her best to gain it. If she wanted to be a leader she needed to gain people's trusts and the first step was gaining the trust of one person, her apprentice. She had a kind expression on her face as she would wait for the food to come her way, now relieved that what was bothering Endolf was off his chest now she could begin to talk things with him, she might as well take the initiative and tell him how she has been.

"I guess I should elaborate about what had happened to me and caused this white hair. I guess I'll tell the short version of it, the best way I can word it is I met the man who caused most of the troubles in my life, when I was younger he was the one who had me kidnapped and imprisoned and her recently tried to kidnap me again but only succeeded in torturing me and scaring me with my past causing my hair to somehow turn white."

She tried to hold back emotions while thinking about it, but she thought it would be wise to share this with him now since he might have trouble trust her, sharing her personal pain might help in some way but she wasn't sure.

"But that was the old me he broke, I'm getting stronger and I will make sure I will become much stronger than before so that next I meet him or anyone else like that I will never break again."

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum