A Moonlit Night

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Moonlit Night Empty A Moonlit Night 08/12/22, 05:05 pm

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Its crystal blue shimmer lit up her eyes. Angelus sat behind the autumn tree, his light red hood covering his tan face. In the dark cast of the night, by this lake, with this peculiar figure, one could witness a redhead girl staring towards the vast beauty of the water. It was a crisp wintry night, but not to the point where the lake had begun to frost over just yet.

However, the night surely was cold enough to where the two figures by the lake needed to bundle up to keep warm enough. Its sparkling waters rested on the edge of a fairly small town, a fishing town. It was the hearth and home for those with a love of the wilderness, mountains, and waters. In these parts, there was just you and nature. It was a rather nice getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city.

Scara: "Papa, who was your first opponent like? I never thought to ask you!"

Inquired the redhead girl, her curious self eager to learn what her dad's first bout was like.

Angelus: "Hm.. In the coliseum? Well, I faced a pretty funny girl. I thought she was. It was a cute noble girl, much like yourself, but, she was very focused on proving her worth to her family. Eh.. proving your worth to your family ought to not be so important though I think, 'cause really, you and me, Scara, are fated to prove our worth our own ways, don't you think?"

Voiced the man, before standing up to view the stunning blue waters before him and her. In truth, Scara could not exactly grasp the odd tongue of Angelus nor the precise meaning behind his words, but she sort of got the gist.

Scara: "Ehh~ Papa, you called the girl cute? you're marrieddd~ I can tell Sabina~ hahah!"

In jest, the girl replied to her father, partly disregarding what he just told her.

Angelus: "Shh.. Scara, your mom is another noble brat."

In a hushed tone, the man remarked.

Scara: "Oi, well, I am no noble, you know that! I dare you! If you call me that one more ti-!"

It was then, that Angelus was to pull her trigger, a smirk on his face.

Angelus: "Oh, sorry, my noble lady."

A teasing Angelus was to retort.

Scara: "Sabinaaaa~!"

Squealed the girl, her feet kicking up dirt.

Angelus: "Scara, don't get your head in the clouds now."

Said the man, feeding his gauntlet magoi. In a mere flick of his finger, a cloud was to halt Scara within her tracks, throwing her up, and bouncing her before grasping her.

Scara: "Pahahaha! Papa, no, noo! Please!"

Yelled out the girl, begging her dad to let her go.

Angelus: "Aw, I thought you liked tickles, Scara, no?"

A cunning Angelus remarked, his fingers tickling her good whilst she was to blurt out laughing to the sky.

Magoi: 330

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Food:

Shards of Solomon:

2A Moonlit Night Empty Re: A Moonlit Night 10/12/22, 08:32 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As Angelus tickled his daughter he might notice a small bump on her dominant hand where the skin was slightly rough. A scrape? Or perhaps a bug bite, surely. But in an hour dozens of such bumps begin to appear all over her hand and forearm. The oldest bumps hadn't stopped growing either forming dark lumps of flesh. The youthful skin of his daughter around the afflicted area also started to appear withered and aged. Rushing to doctors and healers would prove fruitless, none of them ever seeing such a disease before. Most are afraid to treat it wrongly and make things worse. Some, with solemn tones, suggest amputation rather than risk it spread to the rest of her body. But admit there is no guarantee such an extreme measure might still not cure her of it.

Scara's hand by the next morning:

After a day, the condition of Scara's hand already seemed like it belonged to some ancient crone, not a young girl. It was at first light that a stranger suddenly arrived at the door to Angelus' home. The man claimed he knew that the daughter of the household was ill and that he could cure her. But something about him also seemed off. He carried a giant scalpel and wore a paper bag over his head which he only removed once, briefly, in order to introduce himself to Angelus.

"Hail to you, this lowly one has been assigned the identification of Doc. It is a pleasure to operate for you!"
A Moonlit Night __faust_and_dr_baldhead_guilty_gear_drawn_by_ryouhiko_ankuu__sample-500ef8ec1ada10a7409c01ad4381a179

3A Moonlit Night Empty Re: A Moonlit Night 18/12/22, 03:19 pm

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Its crystal blue shimmer lit up his eyes. Angelus sat behind the door of his beloved daughter, his great grief had caused him to lose his cool. However, the man could not let his dear child witness his usually stoic face painted over by fraught. It would not only worry the girl, but cause her own hope to dwindle. Angelus could not let the child lose faith, for those who strayed from that path only led lives of utter ruin.

It was for her that he would ensure he did not let up his facade of optimism. In the reflection of this lucent shard, he could see his face, but, he had to remain firm and confident that everything will be okay. Angelus could not lose faith yet. Under the blanket of the dark night, there was to be a familiar visitor to the country home of the soldier. A gentle knock on the door, this prompted Angelus to stand up to greet whoever this was. It was none other though than.. his and his daughter's favorite person.

Nerilla: "Oi, Angelus! In your letter, you said she was sick? How bad is her cold? I thought I could cheer her up maybe."

A concerned Nerilla said, her short stature garbed over with her brown leather coat. Angelus was delighted to see her but, not so sure how to tell her the truth about what has begun to happen to Scara. It would be rather obvious to the ranger that the girl was more than just sick, simply by the expression on Angelus' face he did not try to hide from his dearest friend. In the following time with her, he would converse with her on the topic of what has been happening with the hand of his daughter.

If nothing was done soon, what could become of her hand? A shard of fate could perhaps bring her cure to their door. Angelus was willing to do that and more for his daughter, for his bond with the girl was truly now father and child. In haste, Nerilla was to visit the girl of the room with Angelus once she learned of the true nature of what was happening. Angelus followed suit. In his pocket, he kept tucked the blue shard. Upon opening the door to her room, he and Nerilla were to come with soft smiling faces, with the ranger girl eager to tell a story to her child friend.

Nerilla: "Oi~! Scara! I missed you! I heard you had not been feeling too good, but hey, I got a tale to tell ya! I fought a crazyyy~ monster just the other day, yknow?! I can tell you the story!"

A boisterous Nerilla came waltzing up to her bedside.

Angelus: "Oh- but wait, Nerilla, pipe down for a moment. Scara, papa made talks with the best doctors he knows. I will have a cure for your hand within the day, rest assured love. Alright?"

It was with a warm but composed face he said this. In delight at the great news, her face was to light up with joy.

Scara: "Aaaah~! Thank you papa!"

Exclaimed the girl, her rejoice paining him.

Angelus: "No problem~ and have fun with Nerilla!"

Lastly, he told his daughter, before closing the door.

Angelus' heart was pained by that lie, but, he had faith that this shard could help change the tides of fate perhaps. If not this shard, then perhaps his contacts. It was pertinent to him that his dear daughter received the cure for her hand.

... boom boom boom!...

A knock on his door? Ah, perhaps Aureus or Alceus had come. Angelus was to rush to the door, opening the door to greet the visito- who could this be? Angelus had not recognized who this man was, but on his doorstep, there was this peculiar figure. A paper bag on his head? Hmm, rather odd Angelus must say, but the soldier could not dismiss this man just yet. It seems that this person knew that his daughter was sick, but how did he find out?

However, not only did this person know that Scara had not been feeling well, but now this person was to claim he had the cure? Angelus was undoubtedly hesitant of this unusual man, but, perhaps seeing what this man could do would not be of too much harm. In a welcoming tone, the soldier was to let the man enter his home, but, he was to certainly question him on what the cure exactly was. It was crucial to the man he knew how this fellow had planned to cure his daughter.

Angelus: "Please, have a seat, my friend. I will have my wife fetch us tea. Pardon me for one moment. Oh, and, that scalpel, you can rest that on the table. It is rather scary for a child, don't you think?"

A warm cordial Angelus told him, gesturing for him to sit on the sofa by the living room table. Angelus then exited the room, begging his wife over to fetch tea for the two men. It was then that he was to enter the living room once more, before nodding to the gentleman. In a haste, the father was to enter the room of the young lady to let her know one of his doctor friends had come. In relief, the girl sighed. In response to Angelus saying this, Nerilla was to simply exit the room, winking to the young lady. It was to seem that perhaps Angelus' prayers to fate had worked, just perhaps

In the living room, the three now sat, cups of warm tea before them.

Angelus: "So, my friend, how do you plan to cure my dear daughter, hm? If you have to look at her hand first, be my guest. I and Nerilla will be with her though. It had first begun perhaps just a day or so ago, this peculiar condition with her hand."

Inquired the man. If the man wished to see the child, then the worried father would permit, but he and Nerilla kept an eye on him. It had now broken dawn by this time, and the concerned father had not received even an ounce of rest.

Nerilla Samira:

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Food:

Shards of Solomon:

4A Moonlit Night Empty Re: A Moonlit Night 19/12/22, 02:57 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As Doc crossed the threshold into Angelus' home he hugged the large scalpel close to his chest and walked slightly hunched over, using the long polearm-like shaft of the medical tool as a crutch. He seemed to already know where Scara's room was located as he began to move in that direction before being interrupted by Angelus. Doc paused and turned to look at the cautious father. "Fatherly concern. If you feel it too acutely you will doom your daughter." He stood there staring rather than accept the offer to sit down. Then a scream would sound throughout the house. Scara's voice. Doc seemed to know the house as if it were his own and sped his way to Scara's room still hugging the scalpel without heed of Angelus' wishes. Bursting into the room the cause of the scream would be clear. Now Scara's other hand had become afflicted!

The progression was faster too, it had already almost caught up to the state of the other. The had had been fine just minutes ago, how could this happen? Doc seemed to know as he barged his way over to Scara's side and leaned down to examine the girl. "I see, I see. I was almost too late...Almost." The man turned his head, his eye gleaming through a hole in the bag as he stared at Angelus. "Payment. For treatment. What will you sacrifice?" Asked the doctor. But no matter what sort of monetary wealth offered the man would shake his head stubbornly. What the man demanded was something other than money. To make his meaning more clear he pointed at Angelus, or more specifically his own hands. "Can you bare to sacrifice?"

5A Moonlit Night Empty Re: A Moonlit Night 19/12/22, 09:04 pm

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Oh, how peculiar this man behaved with how he clung to his scalpel, his back hunched. Upon noticing how this unusual man carried his scalpel, the soldier was to glean that the tool was perhaps very valuable to the doc, sentimental to him even. In regards to that oddity, Angelus was to brush his stubble-haired chin with his finger, his mind pondering for but one moment.

However, that was not the first of what the father was to glean from this unusual doc, or so called. It was clearly heard by the soldier where his feet had begun to patter towards before he was gestured to take a seat was none other than the room of his daughter. Hmph, so the doc was trying to deceive the soldier, but why?

Angelus' gaze on the man was one guised by his warm painted smile, but that was but one other facade. In truth, the soldier had kept his eyes on this doc for the very fact that he knew the man was trying to deceive him, but why, for what purpose? It disturbed him what the doc was to remark with, but he could not let this man dig under his skin. In return, the soldier was to touch his chin, replying with but one gentle nod.

Angelus: "Hm, perhaps."

In the moment that followed meanwhile the wife of the soldier fetched tea, the soldier never let up his guard with this visitor. Angelus knew now that the doc must have ulterior motives for doing this, but what were they? It had perhaps yet to be seen, but the soldier knew that they were there, and so would play by the faux tune of the man.

However, then, suddenly, the quiet silence was to shatter with a wailing voice. It tore through the large estate like that of knives, the scream which the father knew only as his daughter's. It made the heart of Angelus sink. It prompted him to jump out from his seat, but so did the doc, whom had run right for the exact room that his daughter was resting. It was now clearer than ever to the him, this worried to-death father, that he was being deceived by this conman.

Angelus: "Scara, my dear, what is the matter.. !?"

but.. two can play that game.

Scara: "Papaa! It is on my other hand! Waaaah!"

It was on the other hand now. Angelus could not help but be led to believe that he was being deceived by the likeliest culprit, magic. If he was oblivious to magic, then perhaps he could have been fooled, but he was no dope. However, the soldier did not let up his charade. Angelus truly was concerned for his daughter, for she was the dearest to his heart, but he now expected the doc to offer the cure, but for likely what would be a hefty price. In that short time though, before the doc was to let even one word escape his lips though, the soldier was to cry out loud with faux fury towards fate.

Angelus: "Curses! How could I let this occur under my supervision!?"

but then.. the doc began to speak..

"Payment. For treatment. What will you sacrifice?"

It was true, Angelus was livid, but not towards fate, no.. rather he was vexed by this conman whom had done this to his daughter. Yet, the man did not let his rage seep unto the stare that was then shot towards the doc, but rather, let optimism and confusion paint that usual dark face of his. A falter within his voice, he had begun to talk, before then hastening his words to proclaim that he will sacrifice whatever the heart of the man desires. Upon then witnessing the doc point toward his worn hands, he then realized what this man wished for. Ah, so this man must be from the other party, sent by them to cripple Angelus' efforts to unite the nation. Hmph, then they would have to do far more than that.

Angelus: "I- will d-do whatever you desire, doc! Please, for my daughter you can have whatever! Ah- my hands! Please! If my hands, then.. I have no choice. It is for my dear girl.. spare me a moment.."

In the end, he was to softly twist his voice, to ensure he was to mimic the sound of a man trying to rationalize the price he must pay for his beloved child. However, the soldier was to play the part of psyching oneself up, to prepare for what must be done. In a hop and a step, the soldier was to act like he was psyching himself up. Yet, the truth was that this was just a ruse so he could take the shard from his pocket with what limited sleight of hand he knew. It was with this feign that he was to grasp the blue shard from earlier from the pocket of his coat, trying to not let the doc notice or observe this trick.

Angelus: "Okay, doc.. Please, do the deed!"

A fearful man with fraught over his face was to say. It was true that Angelus was on the verge of pissing himself, but cause he had no way to know how this may play out for him. In his locked hands, he was to gently coddle the shard of fate that was to be hidden under his palm. Once the man drew his scalpel to cut the calloused hands of the soldier, the very moment before his blade was to tear through, Angelus was to sigh, using the last seconds with his hands to burst the shard that he concealed within his grasp. It was to crack, that blue shard of fate, whilst both blood and rukh spilt.

Shard of Solomon:

Tried and True Bond:

Nerilla Samira:

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Food:

6A Moonlit Night Empty Re: A Moonlit Night 22/12/22, 04:33 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Not a moment to spare!" Shouted Doc as his arm stretched outwards as if it were made of rubber. Like a viper, it snaked over towards Angelus and grasped him by the wrist. The strange doctors grip was like an iron vice as the arm retracted pulling Angelus along with it. The scalpel flashed in a twirl suddenly and before anyone could see what had happened the deed was done. Scara now had the hands of an adult man looking a bit odd compared to the rest of her body. Angelus was left cursed with slightly smaller hands covered in the strange growths. Doc gave a slight bow and announced to the room, "Operation complete! Big success!"

Angelus would be able to feel that beneath the strange looking hand, the mark of Jiryu still remained. There was also no pain or impact from when the switch occurred. It just felt like his hands became heavier and restricted like wearing undersized gloves. Doc seemed unaware of this however and gave a bow towards Angelus. "All will be well! This one must depart!" Said the doctor before turning towards the window and diving through it head first. With a shattering of glass, the man departed. Chasing after would reveal no sign of where he disappeared to after flying out of the window. After a few hours, the hands of both Scara and Angelus returned to normal, the illusions that had been wrapped around each of them dissolving into motes of light. The illness revealed as magic, it left no lasting scars or damage except perhaps for those left on the mind.

[Exit]

7A Moonlit Night Empty Re: A Moonlit Night 25/12/22, 07:04 pm

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

In that final moment, before he was to have his hands severed by the doc, the man was to pray his trick were to play out fine. However, to the dismay of the soldier, the arm of the doc was to stretch outward, snaking to grasp Angelus' wrists. Huh.. !? How could the doc do this!? It must be true that this person was a magician, but what spell was this? It boggled the father who was to realize these dear hands of his were to be cleaved. It caused the soldier to cry out loud to the doc, dread within his voice, but.. before he could finish whatever he had hoped to tell the man, the deed had been done. A high-pitched shriek from the daughter of the soldier was to follow once the operation had been completed.

It was to stab the ears of the lying man whom would now stare down unto his hands, witnessing the horror which he was to now be cursed with. It caused him to fall to his knees, within utter disbelief from what just occurred. However, before the doc was to leap through the window of the room, the soldier to try to give pursuit. Yet, no matter how quick the father was, the doc was to crash through the glass, before then vanishing. Nerilla sat there, grasping her sling to try and find the man to see where he had gone, but her chase led nowhere either. It was clear to the soldier and his ranger friend that the doc was long gone by now, but they were to not let that kill their hope to solve the problems that the doc had caused.

Angelus: "Tch.. That damned doc!"

A frustrated father said before he was to slam his tiny grotesque hands unto the wood dining room table. However, meanwhile, Nerilla was to comfort the sobbing girl, trying to calm the young lady. It enraged the soldier, but the man could not lose faith here. Angelus did ponder though on why that man even did that though, was this some sort of elaborate prank? Oh, he sure hoped, but he had his doubts. It was clear that the doc had ulterior motives, but why? If the doc truly wished to cripple him, why did he not just sever his hands?

It perplexed him why his hands had been swapped with that of his dear daughter. Angelus could not help but wish to do more for his beloved girl, but what could he do now? It was hard to tell, but he did have his shard. Yet, despite having his shard of fate within the back pocket of his coat, the man believed a magician could solve this. It perhaps was best to have a well-studied magician examine the hands. In one more visit to the room of his daughter, the soldier was to tell his girl this:

Angelus: "Hmm, dear, I am under the belief this is just mere magic, so, please bear with me. I will have Levi, our most clever magician examine us. In the meantime, please trust your papa, my love. It will be quick. Levi is stationed close to us."

A concerned father told his girl, only partly lying to his girl this time. However, the man did truly plan to call his magician friend to the countryside, but the man was not really stationed near them. Yet, no matter that, the father was to ensure that Levi, his magician friend was to come quicker than the wind. It was tough to bear with the child when rivers of tears ran down her rosy red face that was painted over with despair.

In no time though, the very moment before the letter to his friend was to be sent out, the hands of both him and his daughter were to revert to normal. In a long drawn-out sigh, he was to merely gaze down at the wooden table where cold tea now sat, trying to put the pieces together. Yet, regardless of how he tried to make sense of the situation that had unfolded, he could not figure out the motive for what the doc did. Hm, perhaps this was best to just try to forget, for now.

Nerilla Samira:

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Food:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum