Solomon's Proxy
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

It had been days since the people of Meridia traveled to the marshlands and battled back the verdant king that had risen within their borders. Scorned as his march was interrupted, he faded into the depths of the river.

For a day, no one had seen him. Yet as the smallest shred of safety fell over the heads of the Meridian people, the veil was snatched by his reappearance. Such an impasse called for action, to drive this king from their land for good.

A missionary appears before the empress and those who would have joined her as they convene by the rendezvous point at the first bridge. There is a gilded mask fastened to his face that he removes, revealing his tired expression.

“Empress,” he spoke, placing his hands together and bowing his head as he turned to face her. Then, to Menat. “Princess.”

“The creature has been spotted roaming the river near the bridge ahead. My subordinates are planting traps in his path to attempt to stall its movements but I’m afraid they won’t hold for long.”

He smiles, yet it does not hold in his worried state.

“I pray for you, the princess, and your company to have a prosperous battle. But please, keep your wits about you. The river has changed. It is… not like it was the night before.”

The man turns to make leave after another rushed bow to excuse himself, aiming into the canopies of the myristica trees. Vines that snaked down from the treetops were leverage he used like a rope until he was but a shadow before the moon. The rustle of his movements faded as he disappeared into the blackness of night.

[ Please proceed as you would like toward the boss  location. Feel free to begin combat as the raid will begin the  next round. You are all starting in L-14 and the boss is northwest of you in I-12. ]

raid details:
the verdant king:
rules:
map:

Last edited by Solomon's Proxy on 12/09/22, 09:50 pm; edited 3 times in total

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Merrze had been no stranger to war, this wasn't even the first time that one claimed to rule the lands or people in which she lived. Her power was one granted by the people, trust in her promise to protect, to lead. Still, there was something ominous about the battlefield before them. The marshes of Meridia were no strangers to bizarre wildlife, in such lively areas life was bound to take unique shapes. This was something new, a strange occurrence that the empress couldn't place altogether. The trees were exasperated hands, clinging in fear of leaving the world behind. The environment itself seemed to be in agony, the dread of a dark plague warping the lands in perversion. This was not the paradise she hoped to build it was something twisted and it sounded like only the holy man had seen its' truth.

"I trust your words with great caution, I'd have to be a fool to rush into a land now unknown to me. I know not what changes have been made, and failing to acknowledge that ignorance would be akin to being blinded by pride. This may be my home, but this interloper has changed the lands we have forged. We must all keep our wits about." Merrze would say looking at the party of people that joined her. It was always a risk bringing along one's child, but Menat was a king candidate now. She had a duty, one that she chose.

Merrze was smart to hold the skies, while she beckoned the group to gather on the bridge she looked up at Erydyn. The Skywhale was a comfort, but she didn't go anywhere without either of her beasts. It was hard to get rid of Prometheus since he was in her blood. It was strange to have the blood of an angel and a simple merchant join in on this battle, but they were well equipped.

"We need to get our bearings before we head out before we hunt this stranger down. It's likely they will want to use surprise, or own hubris against us. I could also be wrong, but we need to play smart covering our bases and weak points while properly scouting out. I plan to ride upon Ery, to create a cover with the storm to allow you to sneak amongst the skies and fauna. We'll need a signal, to alert the others.

She wanted to rally them, she had confidence in their skill and the two djinn she carried. But, unease rested on her brow, a bronze sheet of concern. It was always the unsuspecting, the crafty that hid amongst the familiar that always got the best of her. It was a weakness, it made her cautious about this fight. Merrze had power, but even the mightiest bridges had an achilles heel. With so much riding on the line, she couldn't risk making a mistake here.

Combat Notes:

Waiting on bridge talking to Allies, Erydyn 50m above in the air currently

Items Brought:

Lukxiel

Lukxiel
β-Tier
β-Tier

Lukxiel's short coming home was interrupted by his father sending with the empress, and his tamer friend. He wasn’t sure of his allie’s, but he had his trust in his empress, and princess. He hasn’t met Auntie-Empress in a few months, and he knew his father’s relationship with the princess wasn’t too bad, but still each and everyone of his allie’s he meets along this bridge could be the same people he has to save later, or fight with in the future. He thought maybe this is why his father sent him? To try and gain a sense of companionship, and trust. Certainly this Marsh was different from the plant life of Merridia back home, and even the plains.  A masked rider appeared before the group, and he had not much to listen for. Merrze was their de facto leader, and once she got the information his ears were tuned in for her, and if any of his party had anything to add.

As Lukxiel stared at the trees, they looked darker, and more sinister  the more he took in their surroundings, and especially in the direction of the soldier leaving off into the vines, and trees. The child rubbed hands and listened to the empress as she explained what she felt was a course of action, and when she asked for a signal he lit up, as if he was a solution. “ Auntie Empress!! Ooou, Ouu!! Imp’ress Merrze!! I can.. I can.. I can be that signal, I can! ” His excitement bursting through, but he trying to remain calm-ish. “ I can hide beneath Ery, Just let me know and I’ll become the lighthouse within the storm! “ Lukxiel, smiling thinking he can, and will be the first one to help with getting the drop on the intruder. He brandished his own set of wings, donning six large wings while  reaching out his hand towards the Empress. “ Shall we take to the skies, once everyone is ready! “ Not showing much concern as they weren't in danger yet, but in the back of his mind he really just hoped he wouldn't get in anyone else’s way!

log:

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Menat was amazed at the kind of things she’d started getting herself involved with. Of course nothing had really happened since her return from Ipos and her metamorphosis into the Spriggan Queen she now was. The worst was her copious amounts of training and her bonding with her brother Merlin. Now here she was, standing side by side with her mother with the duo seemingly ready to go to war. A soldier appeared before the duo, delivering a report on how the Meridian marshlands were being set with traps in preparation for an advancing creature currently roaming off near the river a short ways deeper from them. The plan sounded like it was to halt the creature’s advances for as long as possible.

The First Princess of Meridia looked from her mother’s agent to her mother herself. She listened as she responded to the mercenary’s report. The Empress was understanding of the concept of gaining as much intelligence on the current location as possible before the battle commenced. Menat, in truth, still wasn’t aware of what exactly they had gathered to, ideally, force back or, at worst, put and end to in defense of their people. But she understood that concept and was committed to it. The safety of their nation was the most important thing. There was also what she had said back during her trip to Ipos, a firm reminder literally solidified in the form of the ornate tuning fork clenched in her hand at that moment. She had declared she intended to aid not only her people but her mother with Ipos’s power.

“What’s our plan mom?”

Combat Notes: Prepare for battle!

Prepped items:

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

The fanalis known as Theos flew through the sky atop Zeus. As fast as he could Zeus cut through the wind. He had just gotten a prosthetic from the Sword King when he'd recieved word that his friend Merrze was in trouble and dire need of assistance. He wasn't fully privy to the details, however Theos knew he had to help his homes sister nation of Meridia. Theos had left Red aboard the Leviathan and rushed here atop Zeus who screeched mightily as he flew.

The once blue sky had slowly turned gray like ash. They appeared to be shouldering a massive storm, yet the skies remained calm. Theos looked up to the clouds above him. "Looks like our kind of weather Zeus." Theos said to the stormwing with a smile.

He pondered his thoughts longer as they got closer and closer to the rendezvous point. "Looks like I'll be able to test this new leg out sooner than I thought." He began rubbing his prosthetic leg. In the distance Theos could see a massive...whale?! He began to wonder just what was going on. Although it didn't appear hostile. "Must be a ally. Zeus play nice." The stormwing made a squawking noise and they reached the group.

"Yo Merr! What's the situation?"
Theos asked as Zeus glided next to the massive whale. Theos gave a quick scan of the group and realized the beast stood beside the empress herself. "Makes sense." He mumbled to himself. "You look familiar." Theos said looking to the young magician that stood amongst the group.

Last edited by Diligence on 09/09/22, 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

It was as though for a moment, all seemed normal. Yet the river, though subtle at first, began to stir. Small ripples became gentle waves into fountains of spurting water before it all burst upwards.

Those up high would notice vine-like tendrils rip from the calm surface of the water and how they embraced the stretch of bridge in the distance. With a crack that whipped through the air like cannon fire, the river seemed to consume it whole as it was split apart and the debris dragged down under the once calm surface.

In the center of it all, he was there, wading in the waters: The Verdant Maharaja.

Waves ebbed upwards, tall and angered by the disturbance, spilling out above the mud slick terrain. Soon, those on the ground would feel the river spill over their feet  — a murkish flood that proceeded to worsen as it swiftly reached their ankles.

If they did not deal with this soon… it seemed as though the land would be consumed from beneath them and they along with it.

[ You are all still in L-14 and the boss moved northeast into I-13.

The middle bridge is destroyed and parts of the land are now flooding with water up to the knee in depth. The longer you loiter, the worse it will get.
]

the verdant king:
map:

Lukxiel

Lukxiel
β-Tier
β-Tier

The pressure in the air travelled through his wings like a cold chill. Pulling his hand back from Merrze if she hadn’t grabbed by time Theo’s landed. At last Fanalis merchant,  and  his storm wing was with them. With a full party, his nerves seemed to relax, but stil the air pressure, and gloomy marsh coming from the bridge not far from them still couldn’t make him seem at ease. With his comments kept to himself, and not seeing much of what’s happening the crackle in the distance made him take flight, raising just above tree lining, or the tallest tree in the forest around. Scouting wasn’t him, but action was needed at least.

Lukxiel would fly left of the group, pointing towards his next location to show where he was heading( i-11). Making haste towards the left side of the broken bridge trying to get a clearer picture of what happened. If not attacked, he’d land along the branches of the tree(square i-11) getting close enough to see the water completely consumed what remained of the broken bridge; And that same water kept rising until he clearly saw their enemy,  
The Verdant Maharaja.

The dark water waded around the man, or thing, or swampert? Lukxiel wouldn’t have an idea, but he would hope to not be noticed first with his movement, but if so, would he stay ready, or be ready? He was sort of confused by his own thoughts, not even sure he would be able to fight that marsh monster if it came at him first!

log:

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Menat’s question didn’t receive any response from her mother. Instead their target decided to make itself known to her. The river began to grow with activity as ripples appeared that rapidly developed into intense waves that became erupting fountains of the murky liquid, all a build-up to the sight of vine-like tendrils bursting from the agitated waves. The tendrils took hold of an entire bridge not far ahead of Menat and the others, enough force passing through the vines to rip the bridge down under the waves in a single, seemingly effortless pull. A thunderous crack split the air like the sound of cannon fire in the process. The sight was a display of sheer terror for the first Princess of Meridia as she looked on, watching people being pulled into the muck and water from the after-effects of the bridge suddenly disappearing below the water’s surface.

She had asked of her mother what the plan was for their attack but the display before her enraged her. She no longer waited for their Empress’s response and instead charged forward. The bark covering her arms fragmenting as her arms and legs uncoiled, growing and extending to aid her reaching their people quicker. Her vines, under her control as individual tendrils of her own, would each snap out to take hold of those soldiers under their protection that were in danger. In one swift yank she would pull the lot of them back to dry land where they could be safe as her limbs coiled back to their original singular limbs with her bark re-solidifying into her unbroken skin shield. One would never have been able to tell she had just become a monstrous entity of numerous nightmarish plant tentacles. Her focus would turn to what had obviously made itself known to be their target. The Verdant Maharaja.

“He wants to play my game? I’ll show him MY rules then.” She was pissed, her hands producing the Mother Thorn from her back as she took a readied stance with the spear’s tip pointed straight for the monster. Her other hand had produced a small ivory dagger, her Decaying Blade, taking an offensive stance with the dagger held in a backhanded manner and the blade resting against the shaft of her Mother Thorn. She was ready to prove herself as a King Candidate worthy of her Djinn and a protector worthy of her people. This of course meant she came more than prepared. She had even planned to put to use the jacket she now wore at all times in public as a way of hiding her appearance. The magic seal of which lighting up as it summoned forth the serpentine golem it housed. The small stone snake growing to its maximum size in a manner of seconds until it had reached 70m long and 7m thick. She would use it in place of the now lost bridge as the golem moved itself to allow her to run up along its back, raising its head up once she stood on it and allowing her to use it as a springboard to launch herself at the Verdant Maharaja with her Mother Thorn set to Impale their foe on first contact.

Actions: Moving from L-14 to K-13 and saving the Meridian troops via flavor text. Activating both The Tempter and The Great Persuader effects of the Great Tempter's Robe for a total of 70 Magoi. Using the enlarged golem to move from K-13 to I-13 and attempting to use Pierce against the Verdant Maharaja scaled to A-Tier for 40 stamina.

Magoi: 290/360
Stamina: 135/175

Impale:

Prepped Items:

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"What is it with the royal and the need to always make an entrance, I swear it's all been a bad influence on me." Merrze muttered to herself. It seemed they were all rather quick itching to get to the fight. Every time she rushed in it went one of two ways, a slugfest or a surprise attack taking her off guard. No, if they were going to fight among disasters she would only feed into it further. Merrze whistled a sharp piercing through the atmosphere. For a moment nothing, then the great boom of air shattering came as Erydyn had been commanded to Flap his wings. Within 500m of them all, the sky turned darker than ash and obsidian. Veins of crackling blue filled the air, as the rain that followed almost seemed to turn sideways, facing all the force towards the approaching king.

"If my daughter wishes to take charge, back her up, show what the might of Meridia offers. I will be making my way there as well, Ery stay fifty meters above me at all times, I have no trust for this field. If I cross my arms retreat higher!" Merrze would signal to her beast in order to set up a clear line of communication. She had made the mistake in the past of bombarding when an ally assaulted, so to prevent that she would hold back Ery's artillery but it would provide suitable assistance for sure. Merrze herself would waltz towards the king at an accelerated pace. She would need to meet him in full force, but first was to test the waters.

If her daughter weren't so durable, Merrze wouldn't be risking this moment. This was a real moment of faith for the mother, she had made too many mistakes up until now. Hopefully this would be better than Dohna, she wished this was a soul who could be saved. Sadly, she believed it would be a day in which she would bleed gold.

Combat Notes: Had Erydyn used his Omega trait to create a storm, directing the winds towards the king. He is flying 50m above Merrze, she moving quickly behind Menat to watch her back during the assault. Moving Towards j-13 to be exact.

Trait in use:

Items Brought:

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

The sudden rush of water casued Zeus to flap higher into the air, just above Merrze. Theos watched carefully in the distance. He searched for the cause and there just on the other side of where they gathered was some sort of creature.   Its tendrils destroying the bridge and its mere presence causing the waters to flood. "Honestly still not as bad as a Angry Red." Theos said laughing to Zeus, who cooed in response.

As the rest of the group began taking action as would Theos. He motioned Zeus to go to I-14 then to H-13. The storm that was gathered suited Zeus well. His attacks were not only devastating, but accurate. However Menat chose close combat to start the battle, so Theos reacted quick knowing just what could help. Theos clenches Moon Piercer with both hands. Using the blunt/flat side of the blade he let's off a powerful swing causing a powerful gust of wind aimed to knock the Verdant Maharaja off balance. After that Zeus moved to H-13 facing the Verdant Maharaja.

Beast/Items:
Tracker.:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

[ A terrible storm brews in the skies and the river begins to consume the land. ]

Strong gusts of wind cause the trees to moan and their roots begin to snap. Rain descends onto the land in a shower, drenching anyone that it caught within it in seconds. The flooding of the marsh is accelerated and the foliage is easier to uproot due to the onset of heavy rain. An accumulation of dark clouds and a layer of fog  decreases the visibility for those on ground and airborne. Strong gusts that push through the air are certain to make flight difficult for those with wings.

As Lukxiel landed, the tree he perched in would begin to tilt and sink into the mud, warning him of the rising tide and the integrity of the soil below.

The pressure generated from Theo's movements blows an array of water droplets towards the Maharaja but he does not budge. Inadvertently, it assists in propelling Menat forward, allowing her attack to execute with additional force.

Having caught the Maharaja off guard, Menat descended upon him, managing to lodge her spear into his shoulder. Viscous ichor bubbles out from his wound, much like the sap she could see that coated his skin. His hand reaches out, clasping onto her forearm. Though from his clouded stare, he was dead, there lingered a warmth to his touch. In just moments, Menat would feel a weakness begin to settle in her muscles.

What he saw when their gazes met was clear. It was not the princess he saw, but something else. At that moment, she would hear him speak in a language none but her would understand as their minds connected. His voice trembled, bewildered and frightened by her actions and the lumbering construct that loomed behind her:

Why must you people return to cause us more pain?
Why must you people return to cause us more pain?

His grip would tighten, her spear rattling against his armor.

We wish no harm upon you. I bid you and your people leave our land in peace.
We wish no harm upon you. I bid you and your people leave our land in peace.

notes:

the verdant king:
map:

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Winds blustered behind Menat without warning, driving her spear forward with more intensity than she herself had originally dedicated to her attack. The blade of her spear bit deep into the shambling creature’s shoulder as her feet landed flat against the swampland where the Maharaja stood. She would turn the opportunity into a way to stop his advances, using herself as an anchor and putting her weight into her feet as her spear remain lodged into his shoulder. She didn’t care too much when he only placed a single hand sweating with a sort of sap substance against her forearm. The intense flames filling the hollow sockets where her own eyes once were met those of the Maharaja.

Words filled Menat’s mind as the two stared at each other in that moment. There seemed to be no malice or anger behind them. A simple question of why they had returned to cause “them” pain that turned into an almost pleading request for her people to leave “their lands” in peace. The intensity of the Meridian Princess’s glowing “eyes” softened as the adrenaline of rushing into the fight began to ebb somewhat enough for her to begin to question these comments. Her body remained firm in its stance, her spear still within his shoulder as she braced herself, but she made no more attempts to inflict additional damage to what had been their target.

The magic seal of her robes began to glow once again as she used it to give her golem new directions. She needed more information in regards to what she had just been asked by this creature. It might even have been possible that she could have been in the wrong in this moment and had jumped to trying to eliminate a possibly harmless “threat”. The arm holding her Decaying Blade separated, the vines making her arm uncoiling so as to become a floral hydra of sorts connecting from her upper arm. The vines moved to wrap the Maharaja up in her Devil’s Snare as the serpentine golem approached, shrinking in size as Menat felt the sap literally sapping away the strength in her arm at that moment. The snake finally made its way to them, now no larger than 4m in length. She intended to hold the Maharaja in place long enough for the golem to make contact with him and place a kiss upon the decayed king and allow it’s transformative magics to take effect.

"Let's see what's really going on here..." She muttered to herself.

Action Log:

Magoi: 254/360
Stamina: 155/175

Devil's Snare:

Great Temptor's Robe:

Lukxiel

Lukxiel
β-Tier
β-Tier

The marsh screamed to life in his ears, heavy rain increasing the marsh’s large body of water. Lukxiel successfully flew through the wicked, cold dark skies making it to tree, perching on it briefly as it shortly began sinking due to poor environment. Looking forward  at the eminent clash between Menat, and The Verdant M. The boy enjoyed how the spriggan princess jumped in first with assistance from Theos. He’d wonder what she would do in her next action, but not much of his time could be dependent on that as the tree beneath had finally lost its benefit as a perch.  Lukxiel would bat his wings, and kick off the remainder of the tree as water would overcome it. Seeing no point in staying below the storm, the boy shouted loud enough for his allies and enemy to hear him. “ Leave the flooding to me ! ” Not sure if his words would carry through the crackling skies, but He’d brave through the storm climbing higher, moving just above H-13/G-13,  raising just a little into the atmosphere, above the dark clouds until he couldn’t see the field.

It’s chilly up here, and it’s flooding down there. Let’s make a natural crater! He whispered to himself, sort of trying to ease his nerves. Breathing in, then exhaling a stream of magoi, Lukxiel’s skin would peeled, churning greenish, and ghastly into a sea of flames! Entering his helios state, water would evaporate instantly around him, and he’d shone all six of his blazing wings before balling into himself, and descending rapidly! Lukxiel would attempt to cannonball into the deteriorating, unstable soil of (H-13/G-13) using his B-tier strength to plummet into the earth to create a large crater, and essentially make deep hole about 70 meters to prove some type of drainage. His trajectory may be tweaked due to the harsh storm as he enters the field once more, but it would prove hard to kill a burning angel with stinky marsh water.

log:

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Strangely enough, the stranger Menat was talking to had yet to make a move. Amidst the raging winds, it sounded, no rather looked as if he said something to her daughter. It was difficult to gauge what was going on there exactly. Whatever happened in that exchange seemed more than enough to trigger some response from the princess. She was proud her daughter seemed to potentially be using subjugation over overt violence. Something about the situation made Merrze feel rather curious. With questions and floods filling the battlefield Merrze would start to pick up the pace. Fanalis legs truly were a blessing when it meant getting around. The rising water would push back as Merrze sped her way towards the group.

Merrze would have to stop short of the figure, as Lux had decided he wished to join in on the fight. The burning ball was a bit of a danger to the battlefield, even with the water nature was balanced for all of its players. If you interrupted one piece on the board you would throw off the whole game. "Steady! Remember we're here to settle this with as less death as possible, we're not trying to destroy Meridia's natural beauty!" Merrze would roar. Why did the young always wish to destroy so much?

The Empress would feel a need to speak up once more, compelled by the lifestyle she had grown into. She was taught to revere nature, to find peace in the natural struggle to survive. The Empress lived, fought, and struggled just to ensure that the next born could enjoy their speck of life in this world. "We just wish to live in peace! I do not know what brings you to our doors, But I have given my life to make an Empire of protectors rather than conquerors. I do not wish to use force, but I am the heart and head of Meridia. I bare and weather the storm for my people so they may avoid the fight, so they may live in peace!"

She was making her stand, if this man made a move on her, well then it would be time to unleash the golden beast raging inside of her.

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

Theos watched each of Meridia’s ‘titans’ take action. Merrze acted as a true empress—attempting to quail the beast the best way she knew how. While her two warriors each followed suit. Clearing the flood would help with footing allowing himself, merrze, and the armored titan to attack seamlessly. In a split second many outcomes played in his head. There was more time here to think than in the dungeon. Watching closely he could see the battle stall, as though something was happening. Obviously the spear had trapped the creature in place and the armored titan had a plan, because shortly after that vines began sprouting from them and a 4m snake construct appeared.

“This creature is causing to much destruction. We must act with decisiveness. Armored Titan! Merrze!” Theos shouted while patting Zeus, signaling him to unleash his Wrath. “Be Ready to move!” He shouted. Electricity naturally rolls across the entire body of Zeus. The electricity from his body began to leak into the clouds. Thunder and lightning rumble through them with no warning a massive bolt of lightning explodes down from the clouds dropping directly on top of the marsh entity. Zeus dropped two lightning bolts in rapid succession, the bolts are 10 m long and 5m in diameter and reach as far as 30 m, each bolt does B-tier damage and explodes outwards into 10m explosion of AoE electricity.

In that moment Theos remembered what Vine had taught him. “Sometimes only death could be a viable option. No one will suffer loss of any kind while I am around.” A deep cut sentiment, however the Djinn now in possession of the Noir was right in her words and he—was a walking testament.

Tracker:

Last edited by Diligence on 20/12/22, 08:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

[ The land drowns under the burst riverbanks. ]

The crater formed by Lukxiel would start the slow process of draining water from the marshlands, but himself and Merrze would realise that the effects would last for some time. With soil and plants more water-logged than ever they should, the entire area had turned into dangerous terrain. If they remained on the ground, there was a high likelihood that one misstep on the marshy soil would drag them downwards.

Aadav would harden his skin into a Shield of the Briar in retaliation to Menat, staving off damage from her Devil’s Snare. As he hesitated, however, the Temptor would have enough time to activate the Personal Temptation passive. His movements slowing, but still holding onto Menat, Aadav would move his gaze onto the Temptor:

Where have you been, Jahanvi?
Where have you been, Jahanvi?

Aadav looked at Menat’s golem without his previous confusion, his eyes now recognising the Temptor as something else. She might never have known her father, but Menat could also feel something oddly familiar in Aadav’s voice and touch. A feeling that she had never been allowed to experience...

You have grown so much, my darling…
You have grown so much, my darling…

So absorbed in this Temptation, Aadav could not react to Theos’ attack in time. Protected with his Shield of the Briar, however, he received little but burn marks. Now more confused than ever, Aadav would look back towards to Menat’s golem, voice cracking in fear:

Did they hurt you, Jahanvi?!
Did they hurt you, Jahanvi?!

Whatever Menat responded, Aadav would not listen. Theos had overwhelmed him more than Menat or the Temptor, and now Aadav was near his breaking point. Shaking out his hair, he would spread out Trapper’s Pollen into the surroundings, unaware of who could be friend or foe. If anyone other than Menat tried to close the distance, however, Aadav would follow this with his Household activation.

ability in bold = effects of an ability active from Aadav

ability in bold and underlined = first instance of an ability being activated by Aadav

ability in italics = effects of an ability active from other players

notes:

The Verdant King:
map:

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

The Verdant King’s skin turned hard and edged with thorn-like protrusions as Menat’s Devil’s Snare bound him in her embrace. The hardened defenses of the reanimated king did their job to protect him from the acidic sap the flowers blooming along Menat’s vines produced but the substance still wore away at the new layer of protection. At least for the few moments before the rain washed it from the King’s form. Nature’s effect on her own ability hadn’t been any cause for worry or concern for the young princess however as her original goal had been, and remained, to halt their enemy’s advances in order to buy her golem the time needed to activate. Her own stance softened as her golem’s passive took hold over their foe, the shift in the way his eyes gazed at her golem and the way he moved to hold it after it’s transformation into the King’s lover, or perhaps his own child, giving her cause to lower her guard ever so slightly with the hope that this would actually lead to a possible solution where peace between them was most likely.

She listened to the King in her mind as he spoke, questioning the golem-turned-woman he dubbed “Jahanavi” of how much she had grown and where she had been. The purest love of a parent radiated from the Verdant King stirred a reaction in Menat’s own chest, feelings of sadness and regret towards a father she had never met nor never would be able to that would never be able to offer those same parental feelings towards her. The moment was soon interrupted by the loud explosion of thunder high above the very spot Menat and Aadava stood locked together only mere seconds before lightning descended upon them. One powerful, violent bolt followed by another in almost immediate succession struck the Verdant King and rocked Menat as well in the process. The Princess found herself literally torn away from her foe as the vines binding him were all snapped by impact of the lightning and her spear arm severed at the elbow by the second bolt after the first succeeded in stripping away her own bark skin.

The Meridian Princess landed with a hard thud on her back after the impact from the lightning sent her flying back several meters. Forcing herself back to her feet she stood before Aadava once more, now totally stripped of her protective layer and standing before him as a being formed from nothing but coiled vines shaped into a human figure in her robe, the right sleeve hanging limp and empty as her arm was now severed. Her golem had been practically obliterated by the lightning strike itself, causing her worry as to how the King would react to having his daughter ripped away from him once again.

“HOLD YOUR ATTACKS! ALL OF YOU!” Her voice boomed, her shout as loud as she could make it to deliver the command to her mother and their allies. She didn’t need to get caught in another attack like that in her fragile state, let alone in general. She also wanted to attempt to try and resolve this calmly once more. Standing there as she contemplated her next move the vines of her torso and head began to harden and darken once more. Growing thicker and rougher her Reclaimed Wood ability worked to replace the bark skin that had just been blown off from her to the best of its capabilities in that moment. The vines making up her feet, however, dug deep into the ground. They soon became roots that branched out, tunneling through the soil of the swamplands out into a 20m radius before exploding upwards. In seemingly no time at all an entire forest of lush, verdant trees surrounded everyone within that radius with the thickest canopy of branches and leaves above them to try and provide a barrier from another insane attack being dropped on either of them. Further taking advantage of this new terrain Menat commanded the roots of the trees nearest her toward her along with vines from the canopy above, connecting them to her severed limbs as they allowed her to repair the damage and grant her new arms adorned with fresh bark and a myriad of beautiful new flowers in all stages of their bloom cycles. From buds to fully grown and even some faintly wilting.

The welcomed return of her limbs allowed her the ability to produce her own Metal Vessel, the ornate yet unassuming tuning fork that housed Ipos, and hold it firm between her new fingers.

“Harmonize. Ipos!” She spoke, tapping the item against her freshly grown arm’s natural bark. The fork hummed as sound waves rippled around it while it changed form. The small musical instrument had grown with the vibrations into a spear totaling 275cm from end to end. With a swift tap of the spear’s end sound waves once again reverberated, this time centered around Menat entirely as her Song of Protection began as a response to the pollen the Verdant King had scattered from his hair. At the very least she intended to mitigate the damage from his ability with her added barrier, ideally it would hold the same effect it did when protecting her from magic and illusions and just cause the pollen to harmlessly dissipate instead.

“I don’t want to force you into submission, your highness, and would prefer to settle this like proper nobles. Take this chance. Speak to me in ceasefire now and we can avoid anymore violence.”

Magoi: 194/360
Stamina: 145/175

Note: Due to bolding Menat's shouting all actions have been put in italics.

Action Log:

Spriggan King:

Reclaimed Wood:

Song of Protection:

Ipos:

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

It was not to cause conflict, it was only to act as the vanguard for her people. As Merrze began to take each step, she would unleash her seal, her extra magoi, to allow it to spread over her until she was covered in a blazing gold shroud. It was not the end of her show, biting her hand Merrze would down a drink of her golden blood. It was invigorating, exciting Prometheus in her to cause her to violently grow. She became the great titan she had hoped to be, shining like a star amongst the storm she step with fury, the muck bursting around her feet with each thundering step. It couldn't have been more stressful for the field.

"I ask you to halt! I wish no quarrel with you but your presence has disturbed the balance of our home. If you can understand my actions, my words then please stop now before this conflict grows any further! Merrze roared. once she was within reach of the Aadav she would open her arms, not in aggression but in a protective gesture. The Empress first goal was to act as a shield. The mother was the protector of her people, of her home, Merrze was a beacon, if the conflict was going to go further she would try to handle this man, and whatever damage came her way.

She stood there as the pollen infected her, attacking her body. It was foolish, to most but with her parasite, this living shield she was more capable of dealing with this situation than others were. Even if her allies had made the mistake of striking her Merrze would stand strong, she was a wall. If the dead king was going to press forward, then she would stop him. It was the conversation they held that had Merrze curious, had her wondering how this would go. What if Menat had faced more than she had understood?

Magoi: 150/160
Dark Magoi: 80/80
Seal Magoi: 50/100
Stamina: 570/590

Spoiler:

Lukxiel

Lukxiel
β-Tier
β-Tier

Luxkiel suspended himself in the air, hovering over titled tree tops. The terrain itself continued to expose that the slightest mishaps from him could endanger his whole group, and fellow merridia’s. The young boy not only couldn’t bring himself to release his helios state, he even couldn’t move about in the wicked thunderstorm created by Ery, and the Addav King. His wings feeling the buzzing of the singing winds as the murky, marsh water rain soaked into his clothes making him feel even heavier about his decisions so far. ‘ Don’t get close. Dont get close. Dont get close.’ Played over in his head, as scorching flames of teal blazed across his body in the air. If anything his teammates would see he was further away than the other three, but at the same time he hoped they understood that he was just a kid taking on more important tasks especially with the princess, and queen there. His anxiety was entirely what halted him, but the fear of being behind the others would almost move him. The childlike fear he felt was intoxicating, and with it came the thought of moving to get closer into the enemy, but from the actions Addav King had, to Menat, and then Merrze. He stayed over in his spot, until he saw obvious signs that presented itself that either another crater must be formed, crowd control in the spillage of excess water was needed, or if they planned to completely take down this previous king.

log:

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

As each of the two bolts struck they caused Menat to be ripped from the Verdant King. The young Royal did not heed his warning and to felt the effects of Zeus’ wrath. Although his plan succeeded to an extent. Theos managed to breakthrough the forsaken kings defenses and separate his ally. Albeit not in the best fashion. The weather conditions bothered neither Theos or Zeus. Honestly the heavy winds and rain were welcome by the duo; considering they had been docked in Meridia for some time. As Merrze began to advance Theos took a backseat. “We’ll offer the natives support. Let’s try not get in the way to much old friend.” With a thunderous screech the Stormwing agreed.

Last edited by Diligence on 21/01/23, 10:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

[ A branch reaches towards the battered skies. ]

Thick was the marshland air with Trappers Pollen. Menat found herself breathing with difficulty, as if something was being forced into her body. Merrze would feel the same problem, breath slowing and skin crawling, but her Ascension would prevent most further issues from this. As she marched towards Aadav, however, Merrze would provoke new issues.

Stay away from my Jahanvi!
Stay away from my Jahanvi!

Stone and dead plants would crawl around Aadav’s body until the Verdant King was dressed with fruits of the earth. HIs hollow eyes stared from Orpheus’ Household at Merrze, losing sight of Menat and her Temptor in the meantime. As he mentioned Jahanvi to himself, however, Aadav clutched at his head with hands gnarled like tree-branches...

Where are you, Jahanvi?!
Where are you, Jahanvi?!

The forest produced from Menat’s body had barred the Temptor from view, but Aadav would not relent due to the Personal Temptation passive. In order to remove the forest itself, he would animate the very trees and marshlands into Rolling Vines. As they burst forth, however, the waters would be pushed forwards along with them. Unsatisfied with this, Aadav would transform the plants at his initial location into Grasping Death and augmented the branches with Unearthly Rejuvenation. Searching the marshy waters with the augmented Grasping Death, Aadav would urgently look for the Temptor with clear disregard for Menat or Merrze.

You take my home, my people and now my daughter?
You take my home, my people and now my daughter?

Why must you keep taking what I love!
Why must you keep taking what I love!

What have I done to deserve this?!
What have I done to deserve this?!

ability in bold and underlined = first instance of an ability being activated by Aadav

notes:

The Verdant King:
map:

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

If only she could understand what he was saying, the way he treated forward seemed like that of a man lost. She wasn't even sure if he could understand her, but she had to keep trying before she resorted to fighting. Merrze often found conflict in her life, her job was to diffuse it. There were so many times were that wasn't possible, when the fury her foes carried was something unquenchable. Aadav seemed like something, someone she could understand just a bit better. The families understood the pain, the hatred that came from having their heart turned out.

"I plead with you, as a mother, a ruler to halt! If you can understand even one word I'm saying then please halt! I ask that we try to find some common ground! She wasn't sure if it was working or if it was getting through. Even with her throat tightening her body would sustain the damage. It was to show him, she was willing to take their wounds if it meant they could prevent this from going further. Still if the fanalis was pushed further, she was going to have to get violent, that was something she was hoping to avoid. For if needed, the sun would come down to purify those that brought danger to the borders of Meridia.

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

[ Tears flood the marshlands. ]

All his efforts made in vain, Lukxiel would watch the water levels increase more and more, overtaking their previous depth. If they thought themselves safe from the floodwaters, however, Theos and Lukxiel would both be proven wrong when the Rolling Vines slammed into them with full force. Badly hurt, they would be unable to remain in midair and both were carried downwards with the Rolling Vines into the waters below. If they could not escape from the floodwaters, they would soon start to drown.

Even as Merrze stood firm, however, Menat was also tossed into the marshland waters by the Rolling Vines. Seeing her daughter begin to sink beneath the waves, she had the chance to help Menat or continue her one-sided conversation with Aadav…

She is not here anymore, is she?

Or maybe it was no longer one-sided? As she continued to reach out towards Aadav, Merrze could hear his words loud and clear like some mask had been removed from his mouth,

Jahanvi is gone.

She has been gone for a while now, hasn’t she?

And so have I…

As the waters rose even towards waist height, Aadav stood there in silence and simply watched the rain fall. He held his hands towards the heavens and watched the rain soak through his wooden skin. And then, he spoke with weary voice:

Do you love your people?

notes:

The Verdant King:
map:

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Menat had no idea what she had been thinking, losing both momentum and activity in the middle of such an intense battle. Her only saving grace had to have been her self-protective instincts that drove her to regenerate her protective bark skin and replace the limbs she had sacrificed earlier. It was that regenerated skin that protected her as she was thrown, violently, into the dangerously increasing waters around them all. The girl's stupidity at allowing this to happen allowed her to sink a fair amount upon entering the waves. She was lucky enough to have maintained her grips on her weapons as well.

Regaining her senses the young princess refocused on her task at hand. Aiming for the surface she fought against the waves to swim back up above them, despite not being the greatest swimmer to exist. Still she managed to avoid the risk of drowning and broke the surface before making her way back to solid land. Her mother was now alone with this misguided monster and she couldn't allow that. With Ipos still in her weapon form, the elegant bident that doubled as an obscenely oversized tuning fork, and her Mother Thorn in each hand she made her way to rejoin her mother's side. "MOM!"

Magoi: 189/360
Stamina: 145/175

Action Log:

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

The attack caused Theos to be knocked from Zeus. Dazed from the blow he fell to the waters below. Wasting no time Zeus, before Theos hit the water, managed to fly under him and catch Theos safely. Zeus then returned to the their original position. Hovering in the air behind the forsaken king, Theos, after regaining his senses, and Zeus watched on as he violently thrashed. His counters to the groups assault causing the tides to rise. “More damage could be done if this persists for too long.” Theos lamented to himself. “I think it would better to end this sooner than later Mezzre!” Theos shouted to the leader of Meridia. “Zeus prepare to attack and end this battle.” Theos said recanting on his words from before. Zeus screeched loudly before ascending vertically into the air. Theos to readied himself to defend Zeus may anything come their way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum