You are not connected. Please login or register

the power of religion and money(job/nom/plot)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Gilles

Gilles
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job:

The sacred order of knights known as the Flames Reach were now going on to their next step in their plan to convert Magnostadt on a massive scale. The had been targeting various groups in magnostadt, guards, students, the lowly masses and now it was time to go for the business men, the merchants of this country. The magno branch of their religion had already converted a good majority of merchants by taking control of the Dragon’s Horde which was an alliance made from various small merchant companies all based inside of this country. The Dragon’s Horde alliance was still rather small but they did have some connections in the world of the merchant trade that would probe to be helpful for the magno branch of the order. Connections that the High priestess would be more than happy to use to gain a better footing in this country of magic.

The new head of the Dragon’s Horde and as such the magno branch of the Flame’s Reach would set out their feelers through various channels in order to contact several merchant group leaders at once. They were to meet at a warehouse that served as a meeting place for the various merchant leaders when they didn’t want anything to be brought up into the light of the public. Gilles, how now had no arms, required the help of some of the hidden flame help her get dressed and prepared for the meeting that following night. She did not like having someone do menial tasks for her since she was taught her whole life to be self dependent and the like. However, she would begrudgingly allow for them to dress her and doll her up like most of the well to do women in this culture which she hated even more. Knights were not meant to be beautiful little dolls, they were supposed to be intimidating. Knights were war machines meant to incite fear but also order wherever they appear. As a religious leader though, she had to put on a big show wherever she went and make lasting impressions on those she wished to join her as followers of the great lord of flames.

Once they were prepared Gilles, her first child, and her current version of the inner circle would get in a carriage that they had purchased in order to arrive at the meeting place. While this was supposed to be a secret meeting with the merchant leaders they all of course had to show off their wealth since their wealth was a show of what little power that they had in this cruel world. Gilles would march into the warehouse with a clear air of importance and power about her. The 10 groups inside of the warehouse would all turn in unison to look at the party that was the last to arrive, a power play that they had already thought out well in advance. The ten groups there were all numbered from 2 to 5, the representatives of each group along with guards or their closest confidants. This of course meant that it was not as small and quiet as Gilles would have liked but this was the characteristics of people such as these folk.

They would all have varying looks at the groups, anything from curiosity to disdain or weariness. One man in particular looked at them with a great fierceness in their piercing blue eyes. Gilles would already know who this man was well before laying eyes upon the stranger. One of her inner circle had the foresight to inform their high priestess on just who this man was. He was Lev, the leader of the Feline’s Coin purse merchant guild as well as the brother of the former leader of the Dragon’s Horde Alliance. Normally this would cause discord and hatred towards the family member’s murderer, yet in this case he was actually grateful at the misfortune because this gave him a chance to increase his own influence and rise out of his brother’s shadow.

Gilles would walk into the center of the circle that the merchants had subconsciously made. She would grin from ear to hear as she took time to stare intently at each and every single individual that gathered inside of this warehouse. They would all return looks of unease with each other before returning their gazes back towards the infamous Pale Lady. They all had done their own research on this strange woman ever since she had taken control of the Dragon’s Horde through the deceased Minthe. They could not find anything in Magno about her besides the fact that she was a religious zealot that offered power fame riches and more to her followers and so far it is uncertain if she made these words true or not. The merchant companies had begun to grow as they have made trips to Heliohapt but their inner circle vanished during this trip and the High priestess returned with less of a body than before. However, they knew she was strong and capable of helping them immensely.

“I am sure that you all know who I am by this point, The High Priestess of the Flames Reach, Gilles Maru. It is clear that you all are interested in what I have to offer or you would not be here so I will keep this short. You have seen what I have done for the Dragon’s Horde and the individual groups working underneath the alliance. Their numbers have grown and I am currently working on deals with individual groups in what remains of Helio on the Parthevian Peninsula which I am sure you all have heard and are interested in. I wont lie, business is only a small interest of mine but I am here to offer wealth and power like you had not seen before. All you have to do is devote your love, attention and resources to our great Lord whose power will benefit us all.” She did not like the idea of joining religion for personal benefit but she knew that like most of the others they too would eventually become true devout believers.

This is all that she would have to say, she knew that her actions and their own individual research would be more than enough for these people who calculate risk and reward. After a couple of weeks she would get the alliance and loyalty of 6 of the groups of merchants, none really large on their own but this would prove to be a great boon none the less. She would grin as she goes to the next step in her plan.

1000+/1000WC

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum