Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Vitality Surge
Tier: B
Class: Magician | Body Manipulator
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short(3m)
Requirements/Drawbacks: Must be Storm Kitsune or other tailed form. The user must bring their wand close to their chest and then touch the target. If none of the user's tails are free to move then the range of this ability drops to close range.
Scaling: Healing Strength - 10 magoi to improve the amount of damage healed.
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 3
Cost: 30 Magoi | 15 Sustain
Description:
    The user focuses magoi into their wand and commands life rukh to produce a shroud of healing purple light around the wand or one of the user's limbs. This shroud can be used on themselves or another within reach of his hands or tails. At most the user can stretch their tails 3m. The purple shroud of light will spread across the body of a target and then seep inside of it. The magic scans the target for injuries both external and internal before beginning a restoration of lost or damaged tissues. This spell is capable of restoring up to B-tier damage.

Vibrant Growth
Class: Magician
Range: Long
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must be on solid ground. The users wand must point downwards and then upwards.
Scaling: Growth - For every 10 magoi the size of the forest grows 5m or diameter.
Cost: 30 Magoi | 15 Sustain
Description:
    The magician points their wand down sending life magic into the earth up to 5m away. They then point the wand upwards commanding the rukh to spread and produce a large forest of trees in the surrounding area. With the caster at the center the forest is 80m in diameter with trees standing 40m high. The trees will erupt from the ground tearing through stone and braving water to form a massive maze of trees and a highway of intertwined branches among the thick canopy. The trees can be felled with B-tier strength/basic attacks and remain until destroyed.

Countless Bloom
Tier: C
Range: Medium(40m)
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must have live plants or fertile soil nearby for the flowers to grow on. The user must swipe their wand through the air in the direction of the targeted live plant or fertile soil. Scaling this spell requires an additional swipe of the caster's wand. The flowers are not immune to the effects of spells unleashed through them.
Scaling: Amount
Cool Down: 2
Cost: 20 | 10 magoi
Description:
    Using life magic, the caster send their magoi into nearby plantlife or soil within 40m. Two flowers bloom within 5m of each other. These flowers have white petals and a purple center. They serve no purpose other than to hold a magoi connection with the caster acting as source points for new spells. Each flower requires only D-tier damage to destroy.

-New Magic Types-

Molding Magic
[ Sound + Strength + Life ]

[ FOUNDER: Zion |
PERMISSION: Free to Use
]
A special magic type used mainly in crafting and construction. Sound magic is used to alter the vibrations of a target to heat or cool it as needed and to loosen the bonds between atoms. Strength and Life magics are then used in conjunction to shape the target and add or decay away materials as needed. This allows virtually any target to be molded as though it were soft clay. By casting this magic on multiple targets they can even be molded together fusing materials that would otherwise not effectively bond together under normal circumstances. After the molding is done the target returns to its original hardness. Molding magic is unable to be cast on targets with magoi not belonging to the caster such as living people, beasts, or enemy magic tools that are in use. All molding magic spells result in creations that possess an additional C-tier item's worth of durability until the end of the thread unless the object was created from molding magic to begin with. Enemy equipment molded by this magic are repaired to their original shape for free if not broken.

Molding Strike
Class: Magician + Warrior
Range: Short
Requirements/Drawbacks: The caster must swipe their wand to cast the spell and then strike the target with a physical blow. The magic is unable to pass from a struck object to anything else and can only effect what was hit.
Scaling: AoE
Cost: 30 | 15 Magoi
Description:
    The caster uses molding magic to strike a material nearby. The material can either be their own equipment, enemy equipment, buildings, plants, or even the ground at their feet. The spell can travel up to 3m away from the point of impact before taking effect. The target object is then molded to the user's will, changing shape and expanding in size up to 10m in diameter. Once the molding is complete the target will have B-tier item durability or maintain its original durability if already B-tier or higher. Due to the Molding Magic passive, after the spell ends the target gains an additional C-tier item durability until the end of the thread.

Friction Magic
[ Strength + Sound ]

[ FOUNDER: Zion | PERMISSION: Free to Use ]
Strength and Sound magics are used to create or reduce the friction between two targets. It can be used to offensively by increasing the friction to the point of causing abrasions or in a supplementary manner by reducing friction to the point that foes are unable to find grip or footing. It may also be used defensively by causing blunt attacks and physical bindings to slip off of the caster. All friction magic will cause either a D-tier increase or reduction in movement across affected surfaces for the duration of the spell. Which of the two is determined by whether the spell increased or reduced friction.

Slick Surface
Type: Supplementary | Defensive
Range: Medium(40m)
Requirements/Drawbacks: The spells type will depend on the target. If cast on the self for defensive purposes it will also cause the user to be unable to find solid footing for the duration of the spell. The caster must point their wand at the target.
Scaling: AoE
Cost: 30 | 15 Magoi
Description:
    Using Friction Magic, the caster points their wand at a target and releases a swirling bolt of green light. The light spreads across the struck surface up to 5m in diameter forming a thin film over it. Friction on the surface is reduced to near zero making it almost impossible to walk across without slipping or maintain any sort of grip over it. If the spell is cast on the self, the caster suffers from the above effects on all other surfaces other than what they were holding at the time of effect but is unable to be harmed by physical bindings or blunt force blows as the lack of friction causes them to slip off the caster. Lasts for 3 posts.

Last edited by Zion on 14/06/22, 01:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Alright, so first off, even though they are combinations, be sure to list the magic type within the template.

Vitality Surge: its fine as long as you know it's a base heal. The toxins bit can write off as a toxin/poison based heal because it stated in the description that you can remove toxins. If you want that to double an antidote heal as well.. it would have to bump down to a c tier heal and can only purify c tier and lower poisons/ toxins within the target. If it's a base heal for damage only, it's fine the way it is.

Vibrant growth- everyone now had access to 100 meters now in distance due to the Range update. However it would have to be within that limitation. You can have the 80 meter diameter, but the trees would have to decrease to 20 meters. Or you can even lower the diameter and increase the tree size with the distance.

Countless bloom: ok so extension casting with it being treated as the new source point, right? For which types of magic? Is the restriction that you would only be able to cast life magic through those new envokers? Or would all of your magic types be able to be cast through it with the flowers being treated as the "wand"?

Molding magic: would you say that all living things *aside from plants maybe(, humans animals) have magoi or even the bare minimum required for survival if not manipulation? If so, would you put in that you can't mold living beings?

Aside from that, a dilemma about molding magic that I realized after looking at the ability. What's the proper interaction with an enemy's magical equipment. Sure, the magic symbol only reacts to the user's Magoi circulation so it doesn't really have a magoi source of its own, but during the time it's active with a consistent magoi flow being cycled through the tool by the user, can you still mold it?

One more thing, unstead of saying that it will now possess a c-tiers item ranks durability, its counted as an addition? Does that mean that like creation magic, there's not duration for these new molded creations? Would this magic also play into your magic tool/weapon creations?

I'll get to the ability once those questions are answered for clarity.

Friction magic: for the passive, what would determine if the target would receive a buff or debuff on the affected surface? I think you should stick with one aspect for the passive and instead of saying d-tier you can just say "1 tier increase/decrease "

I'll look at the spell after.

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Alright, so first off, even though they are combinations, be sure to list the magic type within the template.

All of the spells here have the magic type listed within the template. As per the template, they are listed in the description.

Vitality Surge: its fine as long as you know it's a base heal. The toxins bit can write off as a toxin/poison based heal because it stated in the description that you can remove toxins. If you want that to double an antidote heal as well.. it would have to bump down to a c tier heal and can only purify c tier and lower poisons/ toxins within the target. If it's a base heal for damage only, it's fine the way it is.

If the spell were just for healing I would make it D-tier and then scale up. I opted for a B-tier heal because that allows the complexity of the spell to increase. Can I treat purging a toxin as separate from healing the damage the toxin caused instead? I would rather not have to make a different spell just for purging toxins.

Vibrant growth- everyone now had access to 100 meters  now in distance due to the Range update. However it would have to be within that limitation. You can have the 80 meter diameter, but the trees would have to decrease to 20 meters. Or you can even lower the diameter and increase the tree size with the distance.

My spell is actually taking up less space than a 100m sphere which is the upper limit. Do the math and you will find that a 100m diameter sphere is 4,188,790 cubic meters while a 80m diameter cylinder 40m tall is 201,062 cubic meters.

Countless bloom: ok so extension casting with it being treated as the new source point, right? For which types of magic? Is the restriction that you would only be able to cast life magic through those new envokers? Or would all of your magic types be able to be cast through it with the flowers being treated as the "wand"?

If my spell requires that I must swipe my wand and point it at the target, I must still perform these actions so it isn't quite right to say the flowers act as my wand. They are just alternative locations from which I can manifest a spell. I send the magoi to the plant and the plant releases that magoi in order to form the spell.

There is no restriction on magic types that can be channeled. When Halhar Infigar was unleashed from the Ugo constructs that would be an example of what I'm trying to do here where strength magic golems made of sand were able to fire heat magic spells from their palms. Although for fairness if I were to try and cast a heat magic spell from the flower, I would be okay if it caused the flower to burn.

I will add a line that says "The flowers are not immune to the effects of spells unleashed through them." Hopefully this will suffice.

Molding magic: would you say that all living things *aside from plants maybe(, humans animals) have magoi or even the bare minimum required for survival if not manipulation?  If so, would you put in that you can't mold living  beings?

That is what I was getting at because yes, people and animals have magoi, not sure about plants but if a player has a plant-based beast then the intent is that this magic wont work on them. I will add the requested wording so it is more clear.

Aside from that,  a dilemma about molding magic that I realized after looking at the ability.  What's the proper interaction with an enemy's magical equipment. Sure, the magic symbol only reacts to the user's Magoi circulation so it doesn't really have a magoi source of its own, but during the time it's active with a consistent magoi flow being cycled through the tool by the user, can you still mold it?

If a magic tool actively is in use, this magic type is unable to affect it because as you point out, there is magoi flowing into it. However, if the magic tool is not actively in use or being filled with magoi, the magic type will work even on enemy equipment.

One more thing, unstead of saying  that it will now possess a c-tiers item ranks durability,  its counted as an addition? Does that mean that like creation magic, there's not duration for these new molded creations? Would this magic also play into your magic tool/weapon creations?

Like creation magic, the effects of the spell are considered permanent, yes. It is also the primary way I plan to make my profession creations, yes. However, I am fine with the extra durability being limited to the thread it was used in only. That way my profession made equipment does not benefit from extra durability and my personal equipment will lose any such effects at the end of a thread. Please let me know if this will be acceptable. I'd also like to add that using this on an enemy weapon will likewise give them additional durability. If they need to get a free "repair" after a thread to restore their items original shape, I am fine with that too.

Friction magic: for the passive,  what would determine if the target would receive a buff or debuff on the affected surface? I think you should stick with one aspect for the passive and instead of saying d-tier you can just say  "1 tier increase/decrease "

I chose to say D-tier because it is a two magic type combination. This isn't a hard rule, but I like to see two types get D-tier combo effects, three type magics get C-tier combo effects, and the elusive 4 type magics get the most potent effects even if not quite up to B-tier.

If it is an increase/decrease by one tier, it is possible for the combination effect to have as much as B-tier potency which I felt was inappropriate for a two type combination.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

ya, I say that with every magician, more or less a formal statement.

Tht's why i gave you the example of lowering the heal to C-tier to purge toxins (C-tier), and heal for c tier as well. You are already scaling up for heals for your scale choice so this solves the problem. Admittedly, i do have a heal and a separate heal for a "specific status effect cause aka blindness or paralyzation", any toxin that's causing a status effect that does "XYZ " is a blanket heal for this spell which is already powerful in its own right so i did offer a way for you to get what you want.

Vibrant Growth: Naa man, I wasn't doing the math. But i will bring up the discussion we had about the 100-meter limit in January. the update just made everyone have access to long-range but did not change how the spells are supposed to be made in conjunction with that range limit. I was in conjunction to a few spells you had that exceeded that range that knux brought up, and even spells of my own in regards to sabin. For example, even as a ranger, with the 100 limit we had at that time, the distance of the projectile was 70, and then the spread of the explosion was 30. That the best way to explain it, you was there for it and I also had to change. The only difference between then and now is that i can make the ranger abilities longer, but if the 100-meter limitation still stands in that way, that's how it was supposed to be formatted.

Which is why i mentioned what I did, instead of doing the math. Just recent history..late janurary, early feb.

"The flowers are not immune to the effects of spells unleashed through them." Hopefully this will suffice. - this is fine.

Like creation magic, the effects of the spell are considered permanent, yes. It is also the primary way I plan to make my profession creations, yes. However, I am fine with the extra durability being limited to the thread it was used in only. That way my profession made equipment does not benefit from extra durability and my personal equipment will lose any such effects at the end of a thread. Please let me know if this will be acceptable. I'd also like to add that using this on an enemy weapon will likewise give them additional durability. If they need to get a free "repair" after a thread to restore their items original shape, I am fine with that too.

- that's acceptable. Yeah , alright

on friction magic, I understand the reasoning. You can leave it at d-tier. However, how can you determine whether they get the increase or decrease in regards to the passive? That has to be explained in terms of, "which happens dependon what". What, when creating the spells themselves, does the spells choose which aspect of the passive procs? if so, you can write that the passive choice is within the description of created friction spells.

molding strike: is fine, but as we agreed on the magic, that extra durability increase added from the passive lasts until the end of the thread.

Slick surface: Sharp weaponry can still hurt you, or other damage types. if you are hit ith a freeze status effect where you are encased in a physical binding of ice, i think it's still a "go" in terms of affecting you. its fine but its sitational depending on whatever answers "whoever" may have to that and etc.

-just make some changes and you're almost done on my end

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Made the changes to vitality, creation, and friction magics.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

1/2

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

2/2 Approved for training! I will add your magic types to the list soon! Here are your codes:

b tier abilities:

c tier abilities:

magic types:

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Sponsored content