1Revenant Ruler Abilities Empty Revenant Ruler Abilities 02/06/22, 11:10 pm

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

REINCARNATION MAGIC
[ LIGHTNING + LIFE + CLAIRVOYANCE ]
[ FOUNDER: Hyperion Tol Baelsar | PERMISSION: Restricted ]
An advanced form of Animation Magic. The ability to reanimate any non-living objects with any memories or thoughts it might have had, giving it the ability to speak to the caster. A dead person would return with their memories, while a sword would recall the process of being crafted or previous battles and wielders. Anything affected by Reincarnation magic can selectively share sensory information with the caster.

Trait Name:Revenant Ruler Physiology
Trait Tier: -
Trait Requirement: Auction
Trait Description Made by man and magician an artificial undead to carry forth its will. With a revitalized body they bring with them. Animation magic coursing through them and their touch.
Trait Effect:
  • Can only be killed through complete bodily destruction.

• Can register 5 Reincarnation magic abilities, one of which can be A-tier

• All sources of damage to double damage to the Revenant Ruler but because of this they can reattach limbs for free, and create new limbs from corpses or animated earth for 20 magoi.

• Has A-tier strength. PCs and NPCs killed by the Revenant Ruler are able to be reincarnated by a mere touch afterwards with all of these traits except the Reincarnation magic abilities.

• Magoi and stamina pools stay the same, choose a value if new character

And spells should be free for the 5 trained spells I lost as an Ooze Overlord of same tiers. 4 B tier and 1 A tier.

Revenant's Remains
Tier: B
Type: Supplementary
Range: Medium
Requirements/Drawbacks: Must be cast with direct contact.
Scaling: Range
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 3
Cost: 30 Magoi
Description:
    The spell 'Revenant's Remains' targets a limb. While 'Revenant's Remains' is active, any affected detached limbs can still be used by the caster within thirty meters, lasting for three post. The limb affected by 'Revenant's Remains' will be surrounded by several wild arcs of pale blue electricity about half a meter long, similar to that of a tesla coil. The arcs of lightning can manifest in the shape of Hyperion sans the limb, allowing the limb to move as if it were being used by Hyperion. The arcs of lightning do not affect anything, and are disrupted by any electric passive or ability, allowing for the limb to only crawl on surfaces.

Revenant's Reanimation
Range: Medium
Requirements/Drawbacks: The only sense that can be shared from Reincarnation Magic is proprioception. Can only be used on an inanimate object in direct contact of the caster.
Scaling: Range
Description:
    The spell 'Revenant's Reanimation' targets an inanimate object. While 'Revenant's Reanimation' is active, the target can be used as one of the casters limbs, within thirty meters of the caster, lasting for three posts. The inanimate object affected by 'Revenant's Reanimation' will be surrounded by several wild arcs of pale blue electricity about half a meter long, similar to that of a tesla coil. The arcs of lightning can manifest in the shape of Hyperion, allowing the inanimate object to move as if it were being used by Hyperion. The arcs of lightning do not affect anything, and are disrupted by any electric passive or ability, allowing for the limb to only crawl on surfaces.

Revenant's Resuscitation
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: Target must be in direct contact. Takes three posts to complete.
Scaling: Time to cast. Reduced by one post per scale.
Description:
    The spell 'Revenant's Reanimation' targets a dead organism. 'Revenant's Reanimation' has several restrictions. 'Revenant's Reanimation' can resurrect a target, replacing missing limbs with animated earth as necessary. The Reincarnation magic guides any possibly lingering rukh back to the body, sharing its' memories with the surrounding rukh. The corpse affected by 'Revenant's Reanimation' will be surrounded by several wild arcs of pale blue electricity about half a meter long, similar to that of a tesla coil. The reanimated person can only travel up to thirty meters from the caster, and last three posts.

Flesh Tailors' Marionette
Requirements/Drawbacks: Must be casted on any target in contact with the caster.  NPC must be submitted for approval. Can only have one NPC reanimated at a time.
Description:
    The spell 'Flesh Tailors' Marionette' targets a skin produced by the trait, 'The Skin Thief, Flesh Tailor'. 'Flesh Tailors' Marionette' has several restrictions. 'Flesh Tailors' Marionette' reincarnates a skin, filling the flesh with animated earth.  Becoming a Combat NPC, retaining their race and becoming Revenants equal to the skins tier. The skin affected by 'Flesh Tailors' Marionette' will be surrounded by several wild arcs of pale blue electricity about half a meter long, similar to that of a tesla coil. The NPC's body and their beasts if applicable, can only move up to thirty meters away from the caster, lasting up to three posts. Not restrained by Combat NPC limit.

Flesh Tailors' Latest Fashion
Tier: A
Requirements/Drawbacks: Must be cast on a willing living organism, and a preserved, deceased organism. Must casted on two targets in contact with the caster. Must be cast on a dead, preserved target that has been dead less than approximately forty days. Must be cast on a dead, preserved target with all limbs intact. 'Flesh Tailors' Latest Fashion' takes three posts to complete.
Cool Down: 4
Cost: 40 Magoi
Description:
    The spell 'Flesh Tailors' Latest Fashion' targets a willing, living organism and a preserved, deceased organism. 'Flesh Tailors' Latest Fashion' has several restrictions. The living target of 'Flesh Tailors' Latest Fashion' reincarnates into the deceased target. The target will switch races, and keeping the classes and rank from the living target. The target will have memories of both bodies. During the reincarnation, the bodies will be surrounded by several wild arcs of pale blue electricity about half a meter long, similar to that of a tesla coil, which dissipate after the spell is complete.

Last edited by Hyperion Tol Baelsar on 06/06/22, 10:10 am; edited 2 times in total

2Revenant Ruler Abilities Empty Re: Revenant Ruler Abilities 05/06/22, 02:59 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

General Changes
-I would really like to see some sort of visual effect unique to reincarnation magic while it is being used. Right now it just looks like you quietly touch things with no display of magic and then things start moving/come to life. Giving it an appearance will both give it a signature "look" when being used and also provide visual cue to other players that some sort of magic is taking place. For example, ghostly white smoke emerging from the palm of your touching hand which seeps into the targeted limb. Maybe reincarnated bodies have a tiny bit of the smoke swirling in the depths of their eyes giving their gaze and eerie glow. Feel free to go another route, but please have this be something described in each of the abilities description sections.
-A few of these have redundant information in the restrictions and description sections. Please keep the restrictions section version and remove the bullets in the description sections.

Revenant's Remains
-In my opinion you shouldn't HAVE to cast this before a limb is severed. You can, but I would rather there be a condition of touching the limb you wish to cast the spell on as a requirement and maybe a time limit in posts for how long the limb was severed.
-It should also be possible to use this on limbs that are not your own.
-I think it is fine if this spell can be cast on yourself in anticipation of losing a limb as well as cast on any limbs you might have already lost before you can cast it.
-Pretty sure I understand the ability right. If you use it and lose an arm, that arm can crawl around like Thing from The Adams Family. But the last bit is worded a bit confusingly. It should be within 30m of the caster if I'm not mistaken.
-Should have 3 post duration.

Revenant's Reanimation
-Please add the physical touch condition to the requirements.
-"the target can be used as one of the casters limbs" Could you please clarify what this means? Does it mean you replace the missing limb with an object or does it mean they float around and follow the movements of your limb? Because each give very different results. Gintama level limb replacements where you socket a broom onto your shoulder vs Poltergeist or something visually resembling telekinesis.
-Should have a 3 post duration

Revenant's Resuscitation
-I don't think this needs a word count requirement.
-"They have a small portion of their original rukh, propagating what's core to their being with clairvoyance magic." I understand this is probably referring to what is in the Reincarnation Magic description. Giving them the thoughts and memories of who they were when they were alive. I would still ask that you explain that a bit within the ability itself.
-You can keep the requirement for cranium and torso if you want to, but honestly it isn't the brain or organs that matter, but the person's rukh. It's basically making an Isaac and that dude was a hollow doll body made of magic. If you've got the flesh and restore it then its the same thing only with a flesh body. I'd say all you really need is for the target's rukh to be lingering nearby that can be led over with clairvoyance magic.
-The time limit on how long the target has been dead is a bit long. I imagine the original idea was decay, but your real time limit would be on that person's rukh dispersing. I'm sure you plan to use this for plot and not battles or events, but I think the standard for this ability should be timed in posts rather than minutes and hours. 3 post charge time, each scaling drops the number of post needed to charge capping at 3 scalings for an instant cast. In your personal plot you can logic some situations where an individual's rukh lingers longer due to lingering attachments and resentments. Similar to how a bit of Cassim's rukh stayed to become part of Alibaba and Serendine to Sinbad. Find some master chef's rukh fluttering around his favorite cooking knife or something.
-Duration of the resuscitation target should be 3 posts

Flesh Tailors' Marionette
-Same change from minutes and hours to posts. Same 3 post duration. They can still be combat NPCs, but you'll have to cast and sustain them for them to be active.

Flesh Tailors' Latest Fashion
-I'm not sure about this one being allowed or not. Make the general fixes similar to above points but I'll see what another mod has to say before approving this.

3Revenant Ruler Abilities Empty Re: Revenant Ruler Abilities 05/06/22, 12:13 pm

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Bump

4Revenant Ruler Abilities Empty Re: Revenant Ruler Abilities 06/06/22, 10:11 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

1/2 Approved

5Revenant Ruler Abilities Empty Re: Revenant Ruler Abilities 06/06/22, 02:49 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

2/2 approved for training

6Revenant Ruler Abilities Empty Re: Revenant Ruler Abilities 06/06/22, 02:58 pm

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I should be able to get these skills for free. I lost my spells as an Ooze Overlord, and didn't train anything as a Zombie lord. Since I didn't wanna make more spells to replace. Can I have these full approved? :D

https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t11254-8s-remaining-ooze-overlord-spells-1-magic-tool-spell#60450
https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t11244-8-ooze-overlord-magic

7Revenant Ruler Abilities Empty Re: Revenant Ruler Abilities 06/06/22, 03:01 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ya sure

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum