Smoke so sweetly foul [NoM/Job/Zub]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Casrare

Casrare
β-Tier
β-Tier

Job Info:

Was it a dinner party or was it an assassination, that's what Casrare thought of his invitation. The letter addresses those of their old roots to come and see how new flowers bloomed. It was cryptic, not the first in an organization with a long history of coded messages or so Khemut had told Casrare. Suspicion had become a friend of the Sasanids, especially so in this case. He imagined a few people would bring their students or members but Cas had no such plans, he only planned to attend with the man that trained him and a promising young student. He took well to scribing from Khemut, but he planned to have the young man known as Oneiros create a scripture for those who came in contact with their groups' church,

The three of them had ridden on camelback for most of the journey but now approaching the stronghold they prepared to climb. Torches and potential lanterns seemed to sit upon the crown of the fortress. He couldn't see any people guarding the outside so whoever was there was already inside, or hiding. Casrare hoped the latter, he wasn't in much the mood for a fight. Still, he was no longer the novice he once was even if he kept his cards hidden. Well, for most of them, it was hard to keep his two pairs of horns under wraps. Hoods were becoming a fashion statement he preferred, and the long navy cloak he wore would also keep him hidden in the night.

"Well. we could climb up the sides, or take the long winding path up, risk being seen then subsequently killed." Casrare had spoken with a flicker of sarcastic enthusiasm.

"I'm not too worried, they wouldn't have the signal lanterns lit, normally it is a false vigil for surrounding towns, yet honestly its' a call for a night's gathering. Those signals would be for important discussions, or a ceremony to initiate someone into the rank of master. Generally, a Grandmaster is required to precede such an event but there hasn't been one since the organization's fall. At the peak, there were said to be four living grandmasters." Khemut had prattled on as they would turn to go around the mountain stronghold's great spiral

"Well I trust you, but Onei keep back just in case." Casrare would say turning back to give the young man a smirk.

"I trust him when it comes to a way with a pen, but I also know how his smooth-talking can work so our friendly welcome could still end with us having blades in our behinds." The young man would say in response to his two mentors' playfulness.

Word Count: 446/1000

Item with:

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
Even as the Sun yawned with eventime rest, his gaze was caught upon the Parthevian skies. Darting about the granite-grey were streaks of purple and silver, barely discernible within the rain-bloated clouds. It was evident to him that the streaks were Zubaidah and Sirrush, however, for such had become an evening occurrence. She would take into the skies on silver wings, travelling between town and village, before settling in some Parthevian tavern.

Zubaidah was not headed for drinks and pub-games tonight, however, for Sirrush carried her towards Amakh. She had heard much about the Hashashin’s stronghold, but nothing seemed true or feasible. There were stories about phantoms and Parthevian bogeymen, but she could not discern whether they were mere fantasies or contained some kernel of truth. If there was some truth, the story-tellers had sowed enough doubt about what was true and what was false that everything seemed quite uncertain.

For the most part, however, Zubaidah had some understanding about the Hashashin’s activity. Indeed, Kut had even trained her in their practices, but she had not explained anything more about where they had been since Parthevia’s decline. With their latest communications, however, Kut had offered Zubaidah the promise of an explanation:

My dearest Sukh,

You know how I said that Amakh would be calling you soon? Well, it seems that the Hashashins want to call you even sooner than thought. I cannot say why, but I hope that you can make it here as quickly as possible. Trust me, this will be something you are very interested in! I will be waiting on the path, but if I am late then join one of the other groups. I am sure you will get on swimmingly with your fellow candidates!

All the best,
Kay

And so, coming upon the Hashashin stronghold, Zubaidah braced herself for whatever Amakh held. Watching the torches burning bright in the ash-coloured evening, she looked around for Kut but chanced upon Casrare instead. She surveyed the route into Amakh, listening to Khemut’s conversation about the Grand Hashashins who Kut had mentioned before, and determined that they knew more than herself about how she could enter Amakh. Descending like silver lightning onto the Parthevia mountain-side, Zubaidah dismounted Sirrush and greeted his group with a graceful curtsy,

My apologies for disturbing, honourable sirs. I have found myself lost on the way to Amakh. If you are headed there, might I join you? I apologise if I have been too presumptuous, but there are not many on this mountain at this time and, judging by your decorum and discussion, I presume that you were called there as well. I would have ventured inside with my mentor Kut, but she has disappeared.

She knew that trusting strangers was not part of a Hashashin’s job, but Zubaidah was no assassin. She was a detective, whose eye for detail was never wrong. Indeed, she had spied the letter and weapons in Casrare’s group, and compared them with Kut’s. Seeing a match between them, Zubaidah was certain that she could trust them.

Might I tag along with you?

Well, fifty-fifty.
340/340 mag | 514/1000 | 390/390 stam

only brought Sper Dansh

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum